Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 08:50:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Silk Road: anonymous marketplace. Feedback requested :)  (Read 144032 times)
Bind

Activity: 252

DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL FOR BTC YOU WILL GET BURNED

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 10:52:51 PM

Hi there everybody... I had an account on silk road before it closed but I can't access it anymore. Just want to know if its been deleted or not (I didn't have any bitcoins on it yet but still  Embarrassed) IF I can't get my account back I'd still like to keep up with some members via SILC or IRC. If someone could pm me with help on connecting to the SILCroad chat please do so  Wink.

another shameless color post to stand out from spam

Unless you did something to get banned, you can access it the same way you always did.

"... He is no fool who parts with that which he cannot keep, when he is sure to be recompensed with that which he cannot lose ..."

"... history disseminated to the masses is written by those who win battles and wars and murder their heroes ..."

1Dr3ig3EoBnPWq8JZrRTi8Hfp53Kj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Visit and contribute to reddit.com/r/Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Parallax

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:00:41 PM

Well that doesn't seem to be the case Sad     I never did anything bannable.. just browsed a bit and messaged a few sellers. When I try to log in I get a blank page and a captcha that just refreshes the page when I type in my account info...
Bind

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:29:10 PM

I was making alternate accounts up until the day they closed registration, and they all work.

"... He is no fool who parts with that which he cannot keep, when he is sure to be recompensed with that which he cannot lose ..."

"... history disseminated to the masses is written by those who win battles and wars and murder their heroes ..."

realjimmy

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:30:57 PM

I still have an account to get rid of if anyone's interested.
WhiteNinja

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:44:52 PM

I first heard of silkroad when the site was down.
When I checked again today it was back, spent a couple of hours getting TOR to work with my firewall and now found out there's no obvious way to make an account.
Could anyone pm me and point me in the right direction?  Wink

Iceman, I am in the same boat you are.  If you figure it out, please let me know as I need to figure out how/where to register.   I'm all set with my Tor connection.

thx

-WN
foolofyork

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:52:06 PM

Well that doesn't seem to be the case Sad     I never did anything bannable.. just browsed a bit and messaged a few sellers. When I try to log in I get a blank page and a captcha that just refreshes the page when I type in my account info...

Try messing around with cookie settings in your TOR browser.  Sounds like cookies being denied.
WhiteNinja

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:52:36 PM

OK - from the comments I've read I gather Silk Road is closed for new members...  Nice, that is great.   I realize that the attention it is getting from the media, etc isn't helpful, but what the hell did they think was going to happen?   If you tell a secret to 2 people, chances are 1 of them will spread the word.  Nothing is secret on the internet.   Also, if it is all really so anonymous, then what is the problem with letting new users sign up?

Maybe the reason new accounts aren't available has to do with something else entirely, I would just like to get in on this.  I got Tor all set up and researched how this all works and now I can't even get in.  If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.  I know some people are selling accounts, but it seems like a dick thing to turn around and sell them now - if Silk Road doesn't want new members then someone buying an existing account is still a "new" member and that would defeat the entire reason for blocking new members.
z00p

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:56:28 PM

i also missed the boat, damn it! i know im just another voice in the choir at this point but if anyone would be kind enough to send me an invite i would be most appreciative. thanks all Smiley
Parallax

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 11:57:19 PM

Try messing around with cookie settings in your TOR browser.  Sounds like cookies being denied.

Yay! I'm on. Thanx bro, I'd totally add you as a friend on SR if I could. Grin    Now to find some bitcoin.
DasBlunt

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:05:09 AM

I would love to be invited to silk road.

I have figured out how to get bitcoins....

I am on TGR with this handle if anyone wants references....

please?
Bind

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:10:18 AM

I know some people are selling accounts, but it seems like a dick thing to turn around and sell them now
Your moral indignation and outright disparagement and alienation of those with surpus accounts certainly wont help you get an account when you have no ability to register one.

Entrepreneurs have an uncanny ability to recognise a financial opportunity when one presents itself.

there is no invitation process.

CharlieStross88

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:15:36 AM

Besides the irritation it is causing some people, I have to state the obvious about buying Silk Road accounts:

how can you verify that the account is valid before you get it?

I am perfectly willing to pay bitcoin for a valid account, but I cannot see how to keep from being ripped off.

Not only that, but there will probably be a dozen similiar sites 2 months from now.

Of course, some of them will be LE sting operations.  Grin

DasBlunt

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:17:07 AM

there is no invitation process.

I guess I cannot figure it out yet then?....PM me?
BotherMeNot

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:18:42 AM

If anyone is feeling generous and has a spare account that they are willing to gift to me, please PM me to make my day.
WhiteNinja

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:23:01 AM

I know some people are selling accounts, but it seems like a dick thing to turn around and sell them now
Your moral indignation and outright disparagement and alienation of those with surpus accounts certainly wont help you get an account when you have no ability to register one.

Entrepreneurs have an uncanny ability to recognise a financial opportunity when one presents itself.

I understand all that.  But if I do decide to buy an account, I'm sure the people with the extra accounts would still want to take my money.  When it comes down to it, I doubt they would give a crap what I said about selling them.   It just makes no sense for Silk Road to not allow new accounts if people are just selling them.  If the wrong people want to get access to the site, they still can but now have to pay a small fee.

Ultimately, like I said, if the site and the process is as secure as it is supposed to be, why stop people from creating new accounts?  What is the threat?

I'm pretty new to all this so maybe my idea as to why new accounts can't be created is totally off.   I PM'd the Silk Road OP (rep?) to see whats up.

On a side note, I never understood why people go out of their way to post a comment bashing someone else's comment and not contribute anything to further the purpose of the actual thread... Do you really not have anything better to do than to antagonize someone you don't know and never will?
DasBlunt

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:24:52 AM

If anyone is feeling generous and has a spare account that they are willing to gift to me, please PM me to make my day.

me too.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:25:34 AM

me too.

Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
The Koolio

Activity: 560

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2011, 12:28:27 AM

i got tor, i need an account now... anybody?

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
BotherMeNot

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 12:43:44 AM

Nothing worthwhile ever comes easy.

I hear that a lot, but then I figure life came pretty easy to each one of us who is alive.
Nesetalis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 01:33:36 AM

I don't think SR really cares whether some one sells new accounts or not... as long as the site's traffic is low enough not to crash the server.

as has been stated before in here, the site registration is down until he can upgrade the server its on.

-edit- site registration, not the site itself :p

ZOMG Moo!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.