Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:12:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:52:44 AM

Since the thread is after all also a publication to keep 'em honest and point out who is behind my problems, let there be a crosslink to my Facebook, as there was a day when I felt really bad. I lamented the blindness of my wife to join in the persecution, to the point that I prayed to Jesus about the matter in public.

That helped. None of the persecution went away, no. I got some extension to the tax case, and they also advised me to avoid any voluntary split-the-finances deal with the wife as that might cause problems when my tax liability is sorted out. This seems to negatively affect my ability to see my children, though, as in the spirit of complete lawlessness, wife has kidnapped them and only lets me to see them if I come to Finland.

What is the ironic part is that when I asked,
ME: "I'd like to have the answer to an important question: "Why can I not see my kids?" Before I open it up in public."

AP: "You can meet them in Finland. Please in the future, only contact my lawyer."

ME: "Can you confirm that you are not participating or knowledgeable in any action that might threaten my physical freedom in case I come to Finland?"

AP: [no answer, 23 hours and counting, including the time that she has been tagged in FB to reply and has read both the original SMS and has been online repeatedly during the day]

What a sad, sad world we live in! Wives plotting against their husbands' lives!!  Cry  Cry

"wife" is now used in place of the former "ex", to indicate that she is the only one who applied for divorce and it only came to my knowledge a few days ago. Until that, everything from both sides was just talk. God hates divorce, so I will also quit using the term as if I wanted something that God hates.

Do not bother to comment unless you read the FB post incl comments.

So sad you are dealing with this.  One thing I do like to encourage my friends that have had to deal with such betrayal is to comfort them with the fact that the reason God hates divorce so much is because He understands how painful it is.  God is divorced too.  Jeremiah 3:8 I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
heslo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 943

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:45:38 AM

Sounds like a messy situation you're in mate.. who I feel most for in this situation is the kids however, caught in between this must be hard for them. One question though, I read your facebook post you linked... you said you were hacked and lost some crypto. When/how did this happen? Did you ever find out/suspect who??!?!
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:30:33 AM

I feel Bitcoin is a crazy strong buy at <800. It is just not going away. What is the downside? Umm.. going to $500 (-38%) and retaining the unexpiring call? What's the upside immediately? $3000 (+275%) and even more in 12 months' time. Just my 2 cents.

I have to  agree, btc for  ~800 is a steal.....
Most people will look back and wish they bought more after March /April

Just a few short weeks to go gentlemen!
Watari

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 12:41:19 PM

New testament contains so many childish mistakes that it is not even funny. Apparently you forgot to do your due diligence before you started reading it 5 years ago. You would have saved a lot of time if you would have researched beforehand if it is worth reading or not.
Bear in mind, God doesn't make mistakes and therefore a book that is full of them cannot be from God, not even inspired.
You should go to the basics and study first of all the mistakes of New testament, then make your conclusions.

Both the old and new testament are verified to be, if not the word of God, at least the word of a SAME supreme intelligence in both cases.

Google for more, the linked one is just the conclusion.
lol, are you serious, dude?

and by the way, where's the ORIGINAL text of both the OT and the NT? and no, copies of copies of copies are not good enough. especially not if they're from centuries after the originals and when the earliest copies we have all differ in some, more or less important, detail.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 05:21:44 PM

Think about it. There is not a SINGLE altcoin worth holding long term in hopes of it going %2000+ ever again. So we would need to be looking at new interesting projects, but there are none.

I asked about Iconomi, but nobody gave a fuck to reply to me.

you think that ethereum cannot get to $200 or zec to $800 ever?
Zec was already $2000 close to beginning when it was highly illiquid; still, it is probably achievable.
I think that these numbers are quite possible, as is $16000 for btc. I am not sure yet about more than this.

Ethereum? You mean that project that can hard fork at any given time because a smart contract where big pockets are invested at can trigger the hardfork? (and even easier once they go full POS)

ZEC? The total mess of a coin that depends on trusting the developers destroying a masterkey that would give them basically infinite money?

Sorry but anybody thinking those coins are getting anywhere long term is delusional. Can they pump? Well yes, anything can pump, again, look at fucking Trumpcoin... but thats not the case.  I want to invest in something sound that I can hold long term without having the constant fear of it entering into a perpetual stagnating spiral, and I see nothing worth holding long term (other than Bitcoin, to get small gains anyway, since again, you aren't getting rich from bitcoin anymore, it will not grow enough, and nobody wants to wait 50 fucking years)
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:02:39 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 06:25:17 AM by bitebits

Ethereum? You mean that project that can hard fork at any given time because a smart contract where big pockets are invested at can trigger the hardfork? (and even easier once they go full POS)
[..]

Well that is how it is advertised. Seriously  Roll Eyes

Build unstoppable applications
Ethereum is a  decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:06:38 PM

[..]

Wel that is how it is advertised. Seriously  Roll Eyes

Ethereum is a  decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.

Yeah its a joke, for me ethereum lost his credibility when Vitalik Buterin was on Reddit crying about how people was panic selling, so he told exchanges to stop all ETH trades... it was so ridiculous. Imagine satoshi telling exchanges to stop trades? lol. I think smart contracts can run better as a bitcoin sidechain, because if something goes bad, the core of bitcoin still remains unaffected. Having a turing complete system is not something that gives me a peace of mind long term.

So let's stick to the plan: How to get rich in 10 years. And right now, no damn project looks like it's going to get the job done.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:16:41 PM

So let's stick to the plan: How to get rich in 10 years. And right now, no damn project looks like it's going to get the job done.

How many of these projects have you spotted or actually joined in the past?

If you ask me it is (still) right under your nose.

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:29:41 PM

I think smart contracts can run better as a bitcoin sidechain, because if something goes bad, the core of bitcoin still remains unaffected. Having a turing complete system is not something that gives me a peace of mind long term.

This. Quote of the decade.

Think, people.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

New testament contains so many childish mistakes that it is not even funny. Apparently you forgot to do your due diligence before you started reading it 5 years ago. You would have saved a lot of time if you would have researched beforehand if it is worth reading or not.
Bear in mind, God doesn't make mistakes and therefore a book that is full of them cannot be from God, not even inspired.
You should go to the basics and study first of all the mistakes of New testament, then make your conclusions.

Both the old and new testament are verified to be, if not the word of God, at least the word of a SAME supreme intelligence in both cases.

Google for more, the linked one is just the conclusion.

Since you only posted the conclusion and knowing you are a busy guy I give you the benefit of the doubt that you did not calculate them out.
I did not even check the John 1:1 after I calculated the Bereshit.
Sure it is an approximation of pi, but certainly it is not pi.... I am sure you will find better approximations from some other places/books, just calculate a nice formula for pi and break it to the factors and find a place that represents somehow the factors.
For instance, one approximation for pi could be 19/6... Now you just try to find a sentence that somehow contains 19 and 6 (or the factors of 6).

I think the problem is that you are trying to look for too complex evidence but you ignore the clear evidence... One of the most obvious examples is the comparison between Matthew 1 and Luke 3:24-38

Here is Luke 3:24-38 (speaking about the geneology of Jesu):

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,
27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,
28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,
34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Here is Matthew 1 speaking about the geneology of Jesu:

1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon: [Josias...: some read, Josias begat Jakim, and Jakim begat Jechonias]
12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

---------------

And that is not the only problem in the new testament... The biggest issue is that if the origin of New testament is the same God, then why there is so many fundamental contradictions between them (the question is similar as why there are Jews in the world still).
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:33:31 PM

How many of these projects have you spotted or actually joined in the past?

If you ask me it is (still) right under your nose.

Well let's see:

Monero: I saw the hype for anonymous coins building up. I knew it would eventually coallpse after the big bubble. I was not able to make a lot of money because guess what: Im not rich so I can't spend anything more than 1 BTC in an high risk move. And of course, selling at the top is just luck, so you sell when you see decent profits.

Dogecoin: Yes you can laught, but I predicted this thing would pump due the massive community it had back then, good marketing, it had news. This was a big hit for me, manage to sell at the 200 satoshi peak, a good chunk that I mined when I still bothered with mining coins.

ETC: It was all over the place, so profited from the pump a bit, nothing to celebrate about, just some extra BTC.

MAID: Interesting project, but never delivers. Got in at 4 figures BTC, sold at a conservative 13k BTC or so.

So yeah, I have made some good moves, but it's nothing that could make you rich unless you could afford investing 2 figure BTC tier amounts and getting out at the right times.

Now if I saw any project that made me felt like it's a good long term bet, I would get 1 BTC position on it and get rich in 4-5 years, but there's nothing that can deliver this tier of profits right now. If there is, I want to hear about it. But since there isn't to my knowledge, im all in on BTC right now, trying to look for some reasonable pumps at best. Im looking at ICN as a potential future pump to 100k.. but it's a gamble, it may go to hell and start stagnating. Looks like developers have dissapared. So yeah, if anyone has any ideas on anything worth holding that isn't BTC, I want to hear that.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:14:56 PM

I don't think one needs to resort to numerology to verify the bible's truth.
Numerology is interesting, but using it to verify the bible is like signing a crypto transaction.
Signing a transaction verifies it in a literal way; it's an assertion that has no moral, psychological or poetic dimension.
The bible offers truths that extend into the realm of the spirit.
The bible offers truths that are ineffable.  The bible offers truth in the realm of myth; myth not in the commonplace way that the word is sometimes used, simply to mean something that's false.  The mythic truths found in the bible are mythic in the sense that the word myth is synonymous with the word legend.  A legend isn't necessarily true, and one couldn't establish its literal truth if one wanted to.  
The word legend comes from Latin legenda ‘things to be read' (like the bible!)  In modern English, the textual information attached to a map that helps us interpret it is a legend.  The bible is a legend in the sense that its text helps us makes sense of the confusing map of life.  The bible helps us get our bearings.  This is a truth far beyond any literal facts.  The bibles truth surpasses any literal interpretations, because it helps us get our bearings, it guides us in our journey of the spirit.

The Bible is also written in extremely symbolic language.  Recall that both the Old and New Testaments were written in a time & country we would now consider barbaric.  The truths in the Bible were meant to be communicated through long eras to all men in a form that would be understood both by casual reading and by deeper study.  An example of literal interpretation and looking deeper:

"Honor thy father and they mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee."

Of course we must respect and honor our parents, that is obvious.

Dig deeper to understand that we must respect our masculine and feminine natures/components for a balanced, harmonious life.

The Bible is stuffed full of symbolic language: the Beattitudes and Psalms especially come to mind.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:21:44 AM

[..]

Ethereum is a  decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.

Yeah its a joke, for me ethereum lost his credibility when Vitalik Buterin was on Reddit crying about how people was panic selling, so he told exchanges to stop all ETH trades... it was so ridiculous. Imagine satoshi telling exchanges to stop trades? lol. I think smart contracts can run better as a bitcoin sidechain, because if something goes bad, the core of bitcoin still remains unaffected. Having a turing complete system is not something that gives me a peace of mind long term.

It's gonna take 10 years to get rich off bitcoin?

Sad

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 12:30:39 AM

The Bible is also written in extremely symbolic language.

The Bible is perfect. If you like what one passage says, you take it literally. If you don't like what it says, you take it figuratively.

Buy & Hold
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3429
Merit: 4358

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:47:00 PM

[..]

Forget ETH, TumbleBit, lightning networks, Mimblewimble and RSK will all be running on Bitcoin's Blockchain.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:22:35 PM

Numerology is interesting, but using it to verify the bible is like signing a crypto transaction.

I find uncanny similarities between the "hash" of Genesis 1:1 and Gospel of John 1:1, and the hash used in cryptocurrencies.

Perhaps it is time to confess that these similarities got me interested in crypto Wink

Grin

I see the same similarities.  Smiley

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
cellard
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 05:26:09 PM

[..]

Forget ETH, TumbleBit, lightning networks, Mimblewimble and RSK will all be running on Bitcoin's Blockchain.

Indeed, but in the meantime, interesting projects such as Iconomi are working as ETH tokens... what do you think of Iconomi? seems like a cool idea, im not sure if I can trust it beyong short to mid term tho, since ETH is not to be trusted long term itself and it depends on ETH.

Ultimately I need more BTC, and im not going to get more BTC by sitting on it. Sure BTC will raise in price, but not quick enough, I need to make more BTC, I need to invest, but I don't know where. I see nothing but half assed projects and trash like Trumpcoin etc.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:34:35 PM

Think about it. There is not a SINGLE altcoin worth holding long term in hopes of it going %2000+ ever again. So we would need to be looking at new interesting projects, but there are none.

Zec was already $2000 close to beginning when it was highly illiquid; still, it is probably achievable.
I think that these numbers are quite possible, as is $16000 for btc. I am not sure yet about more than this.

the first few ZEC sold for $5900 a piece i believe ......
BTC ,ETH ,XMR etc are all capable of exponential growth but from 700+ coins id agree most are complete shit

ZEC sold at tiny volumes for such a big price. ZEC is a scam anyway.

ETH is collapsing and far from the ATH, doesnt look good long term.

XMR hype is over. It doesn't scale. BTC still king of darknet and will only get better with Mimblewimble or whatever.

What's left? we want more BTC, but crypto projects suck beyond gambling for pumps.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:31:32 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 12:47:48 AM by Biodom

the first few ZEC sold for $5900 a piece i believe ......
BTC ,ETH ,XMR etc are all capable of exponential growth but from 700+ coins id agree most are complete shit

ZEC sold at tiny volumes for such a big price. ZEC is a scam anyway.

ETH is collapsing and far from the ATH, doesnt look good long term.

These kind of attitudes make me want to buy/mine more ZEC and ETH.
Both of aforementioned don't rely on ASICs, so anybody with a GPU can participate, providing true decentralization.
Bitcoin (my favorite by far) has to stop being China's underling before it can go mainstream.
Eventually, ETH's POS (if it works) will make crypto less reliant on subsidized electricity in china and elsewhere.
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:09:57 PM

FCT Factom will do a 5x plus I'm sure. M2 is currently being released and they actually have clients. $3 will be a thing of the past.
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: