Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:05:55 AM

seriously shut up about your damn superstitions. breaking a mirror and getting 7 years bad luck is more realistic than your religion.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 12:09:16 AM

Look at the graph right now. Somebody took a big ass dump. Price went from 920 to 900 in seconds, how the fuck can somebody ever predict this bullshit? I mean look at the graph, a big ass red candle out of nowhere. I literally blinked and when I opened my eyes a big ass dump happened.
A big whale dumping or more chinese bullshit this time? well find out tomorrow.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 01:10:37 AM

Look at the graph right now. Somebody took a big ass dump. Price went from 920 to 900 in seconds, how the fuck can somebody ever predict this bullshit? I mean look at the graph, a big ass red candle out of nowhere. I literally blinked and when I opened my eyes a big ass dump happened.

Exactly, short term TA in the bitcoin market is unreliable at best, the market cap is too small.

Long term fundamentals are a better measure, and I do think that they are still looking pretty good.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:57:28 AM

That dump was very quickly rejected.  We could see lots of moves like that in the near future as whales test and prod to see how much they can push the market around in this new reality without Chinese leverage.

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 10:36:00 AM

CoinCidental,

triggered much?

Read the thread name then. "rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread Wink", how much Technical Analysis do you see ten or fifteen pages back? Not to mention quality, argumented out one. Ill wait.

Anyway, this topic was started by Rpietila and he seems content with the way it, after intial inflow of educated members, slowly sunk under all the fluff, back-patting and garbage, so I guess, alles is gut.

Keep walking folks. Nothing to be seen here.

nobody is here to listen to drivel like you post
so i guess ,alles is nein gutt,ya ?

keep waiting ,but dont forget to assume the position ,yes ,he usual one ...on your knees ,head back with mouth wide  open
milkshake incoming !
il wait ..... Cheesy
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 03:12:32 PM

That dump was very quickly rejected.  We could see lots of moves like that in the near future as whales test and prod to see how much they can push the market around in this new reality without Chinese leverage.

Well, in order to consider a dump rejected, it first needs to go up to where it was before, we are still sitting at low $900's... we'll see if we go back $920. I want to believe that's the case, otherwise we may keep dipping. Im personally sick of any further chinese stuff. We need to decentralize the monopoly of the chinamen in the game.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 05:49:26 PM

Well, in order to consider a dump rejected, it first needs to go up to where it was before, we are still sitting at low $900's... we'll see if we go back $920.

920 achieved. Up?

Buy & Hold
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 08:50:45 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2017, 09:08:50 PM by wpalczynski

Its starting to feel less bullish, stolen Bitfinex coins on the move today.  Backwardation in Bitcoin futures contracts at BitMex.  It would seem that after Satoshi Round table the devs are no closer to any kind of consensus about the block size issue.  Chinese New Year starting today which if what I read is correct means banks are closed for a week.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10218

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:16:13 PM

Its starting to feel less bullish, stolen Bitfinex coins on the move today.  Backwardation in Bitcoin futures contracts at BitMex.  It would seem that after Satoshi Round table the devs are no closer to any kind of consensus about the block size issue.  Chinese New Year starting today which if what I read is correct means banks are closed for a week.

Do you have a link for the stolen Bitfinex coins moving?

Edit:

I see this link in reddit

https://www.reddit.com/user/MrChrisJ

Edit 2:

or maybe this link is better?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5qghnm/hacked_bitfinex_are_on_the_move_full_list_of/

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
kellrobinson

Activity: 304
Merit: 380

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:38:06 AM

another word for crush is "bromance" Wink
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 02:04:12 AM

Lance Bromance

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 02:45:15 AM

Time alone is an opportunity to go within and learn who you are without judgment,  without public facades and masks we all use to protect ourselves. You might discover during this period of solitude that it's possible to have a bromance with yourself, seriously, you can become your own best friend. That's what monks have been doing in various traditions for thousands of years. If you can say 'I know myself, and I accept myself without judgement', then you really can be your own best friend, then you're never alone ever again. But to know yourself takes periods on your own, which can be a wonderful time. My father only ever lived on his own for a brief period between age 62 and 68, no parents and sibling, no wife and children, no adult children, no girlfriends - during that time he grew more than at any other time in his life. I wonder now what would have happened if he did it earlier.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 30, 2017, 03:37:39 PM

Best of luck with what you're trying to do. I wish you all the best. Advice from my perspective:

1. Don't share so much publicly. You are sharing your weaknesses publicly as well.
2. You're ideas are going down hill in my honest opinion. I never thought highly about Crytpo Kingdom (what's the purpose? to construct some fake parallel pyramid society in a game?) and recently Kansanmarkka is simply basic income. Basic income is one of the most stupid ideas in human history. Don't be naive like Karl Marx. I really feel like the events have taken a toll on you so would advice you to do nothing for a while and contemplate.

Best of luck!
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:45:04 PM

Ok that takes care of xbt.
For someone who hodls both xbt and xmr, what would you say is the proper proportion?
neilol-real

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:22:31 PM

For someone who hodls both xbt and xmr, what would you say is the proper proportion?

In fact, it makes sense to buy as much XMR as you can afford to, and ignore BTC altogether.

People who are more wise than me can explain why it makes more sense to have 50% XMR / 50% USD banknotes than for instance 90% BTC / 10% XMR.

For legacy reasons, few are in the position to make such a reallocation, and if tax etc is involved for past gains, it is probably not worth it.

Tax issues aside - I would argue that it makes sense to scale down BTC position incrementally while increasing XMR/Fiat over the next few years as we creep closer to the market epiphany that a public anonymous blockchain is (more) valuable. This also gives the opportunity to continually re-evaluate XMR as the most probable highest market cap crypto over the next decade. It's been working over the past few years.

Of course - if our hypothesis is correct today, net-net the end result is the same - just with less risk.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:40:04 PM

In fact, it makes sense to buy as much XMR as you can afford to, and ignore BTC altogether.

People who are more wise than me can explain why it makes more sense to have 50% XMR / 50% USD banknotes than for instance 90% BTC / 10% XMR.

For legacy reasons, few are in the position to make such a reallocation, and if tax etc is involved for past gains, it is probably not worth it.

Tax issues aside - I would argue that it makes sense to scale down BTC position incrementally while increasing XMR/Fiat over the next few years as we creep closer to the market epiphany that a public anonymous blockchain is (more) valuable. This also gives the opportunity to continually re-evaluate XMR as the most probable highest market cap crypto over the next decade. It's been working over the past few years.

Of course - if our hypothesis is correct today, net-net the end result is the same - just with less risk.

Why would you go to fiat if (as we know) fiats only keep inflating and its purchasing power keeps deprecating? Also we are obviously in a fiat debt bubble, so what's the deal here?

Also are you really saying with a straight face that XMR (or any other coin) can take #1's BTC marketcap spot?

How can XMR deliver in its duty to be a censorship resistant tool when the network is centralized in such a small amount of nodes and it will only get worse as the blocksize becomes humongous? Seems to me that BTC with the future anonymous feature additions will be safer.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 05:15:08 PM

Also are you really saying with a straight face that XMR (or any other coin) can take #1's BTC marketcap spot?

It admittedly seems a long shot today. However, if Bitcoin does not stop pushing usage away, where do you think people will go to make transactions?

How can XMR deliver in its duty to be a censorship resistant tool when the network is centralized in such a small amount of nodes and it will only get worse as the blocksize becomes humongous?

Decentralization is not measured in absolute number of nodes. It is measured in lack of barriers in becoming a first-class citizen of the network. And while you seem to be panicked over your 300 Baud modem and an old PC-xt class of processing, the more forward looking amongst us understand something about the march of technological progress.

[OK... there was sarcasm employed there. A little.]

Seems to me that BTC with the future anonymous feature additions will be safer.

OK, I'll bite... _what_ anonymous features? We've been working over four years on a simple maxblocksize increase.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:04:32 PM

It admittedly seems a long shot today. However, if Bitcoin does not stop pushing usage away, where do you think people will go to make transactions?

How can XMR deliver in its duty to be a censorship resistant tool when the network is centralized in such a small amount of nodes and it will only get worse as the blocksize becomes humongous?

Decentralization is not measured in absolute number of nodes. It is measured in lack of barriers in becoming a first-class citizen of the network. And while you seem to be panicked over your 300 Baud modem and an old PC-xt class of processing, the more forward looking amongst us understand something about the march of technological progress.

[OK... there was sarcasm employed there. A little.]

Seems to me that BTC with the future anonymous feature additions will be safer.

OK, I'll bite... _what_ anonymous features? We've been working over four years on a simple maxblocksize increase.

You use some sarcasms using about 300 Baud modem and old PCs not being able to be nodes, but yet you seriously say that bitcoin is pushing people away from the network because they have to pay a couple cents to send a transaction? get real.

Monero has bigger problems to scale than bitcoin. Bitcoin has a solid roadmap, we'll eventually get LN, no need to rush, nobody is going to care about bitcoin in the grand scheme of things until years from now.

Monero will need a 2nd layer solution too if they want to scale anywhere notable, since it's impossible to scale onchain unless you want datacenters running nodes, which renders the anonimity features of the coin useless.

And yes, it's not only about amount of nodes, but how widespread they are. A network of 5000 nodes ran by random people on their basements is indeed way more secure than a network run by super computers on isolated bunkers.

As of the Bitcoin anonimity features, Mimblewimble, confidential transactions, schnorr sigs etc, will be more than enough if the network remains decentralized (a conservative blocksize is kept, it doesn't mean 1mb forever btw, but it means no delusional flexible blocksize attempts which are proven to not work)
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 07:27:57 PM

Where does the market stand right now in Wyckoff theory?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 10:02:15 PM

you seriously say that bitcoin is pushing people away from the network because they have to pay a couple cents to send a transaction?

No. As has been pointed out over and over (and over and over and over and...), the fact that Bitcoin accommodates only about 250,000 transactions per day means precisely that Bitcoin accommodates only about 250,000 transactions per day. Period. No matter the fee, no more than about 250,000 can be processed per day. All others are (manifestly obviously) being pushed away. 'We don't want your business' is a pretty strong message. Say it often and long enough, and people start to believe it. So they'll take their business elsewhere. Obviously.

it's impossible to scale onchain unless you want datacenters running nodes

Bald assertion unsupported by facts.

A network of 5000 nodes ran by random people on their basements is indeed way more secure than a network run by super computers on isolated bunkers.

Basement dwellers with their meager resources working 5.687/3 (maybe longer if the owners are not too stoned to shut down QT for some quality gaming) are more valuable to security than robust systems running 24/7? Get a grip!

As of the Bitcoin anonimity features, Mimblewimble, confidential transactions, schnorr sigs etc,

Again, Bitcoin has been unable to roll out a meager maxblocksize increase in four years. Mimblewimble? Maybe by the time the mining block reward expires. Maybe well before that - like 2047. Maybe.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Pages: « 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 [357] 358 359 360 361 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: