Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907162 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:13:38 PM

40 000 usd is kinda big sum of money but definetely not impossible to own in any western country.

Hang on.. Master nodes are currently on a fire sale.  I'd hold out, because I don't think the best deals are to be had quite yet.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:29:33 AM

40 000 usd is kinda big sum of money but definetely not impossible to own in any western country.

Hang on.. Master nodes are currently on a fire sale.  I'd hold out, because I don't think the best deals are to be had quite yet.

The dollar value of a Masternode depends on the dollar value of bitcoin as well.
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:48:30 PM

Hey Risto - I have be following you and your journey at a distance for many years now. You have brought enormous value to me personally and have helped me to change my understanding of wealth and money for the better. My life has completely changed financially over these past 5 years. Of course not all your doing, but you have certainly helped. Since you asked, I would love to see an ebook from you on your current understanding of money, wealth and economics.  Just my 2 satoshis.

Watching your struggles over the last couple of years has been difficult. I am very pleased that you seem to have come out the other side stronger and clearer as to your purpose and function. You apparently have now come to deeply understand that we are constantly creating our own realities and that the only real solution to our individual and collective difficulties is to raise our consciousness and become more intentional creators. I wish you all the best going forward. Keep up the good work.

And again, thank you for your courage in putting it all out there. All the best!
birr

Activity: 868
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:26:59 PM

Does anyone think Bitcoin can hit $10000 during this run?

If the ETF is approved, yes.

Next growth spurt will finish at 1 * 10 ^4 USD. So yes, between $5k and $49k.

Between $3.2k and $32k you presume...?

Order of magnitude 1 *10^4 ($10000) implies a value between $5000 and $49999. Last growth spurt was to order of mangitude 10^3. I wrote about this in 2013: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383674.0
geometric mean versus arithmetic mean
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:12:52 AM

Yesterday Bitcoin made its ATH, finally definitively and in all counts busting the one from 2013.

Not that I cared, I have other things to do but decided to mention this one nevertheless...  Cheesy

It was a defining moment in bitcoin. I always hated the ugly all time graph made by the fake bot in the MtGox days, now bitcoin has proven that it can rise from the ashes like the phoenix, this is a great boost in confidence, literally everyone that bought in the MtGox peak can no longer complain that they lost money, this is HUGE.

It was also great to see it beating gold, and now we are seeing $1300 soon.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:30:43 AM

Yesterday Bitcoin made its ATH, finally definitively and in all counts busting the one from 2013.

Not that I cared, I have other things to do but decided to mention this one nevertheless...  Cheesy

It was a defining moment in bitcoin. I always hated the ugly all time graph made by the fake bot in the MtGox days, now bitcoin has proven that it can rise from the ashes like the phoenix, this is a great boost in confidence, literally everyone that bought in the MtGox peak can no longer complain that they lost money, this is HUGE.

I don't know about "defining" moment. There might be a series of these. You could just as well say the defining moment was in early 2013 when bitcoin "rose from the ashes" of the painful 2011 bear market (that followed the 32$ high and subsequent mtGox hack. The media was yelling "bitcoin is dead" and indeed many bitcoiners sold out at $3 or whatever).

I think bitcoins birth (we're witnessing it, sill) is akin to a series of "rises from the ashes". Like a newborn sucking in air in between the horrifying cries it emits answering to the harsh realization of its own existence embedded in a world filled with cold air, aggressive oxygen, bright light and loud noise, Bitcoin will have to come to terms with the environment it's being thrown into. That can be a painful process... but luckily it's getting easier with age ;-)

"Come here little Bitcoin, we all love you the way you are!" (well, ignore everyone pulling your limbs in all directions, I guess. You'll probably have to make up your personality and stand up for yourself at some point. "Show us who you are!").

(EDIT: was that a bit weird?)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:36:47 PM

Moving away from BTC for a moment; anyone know why DASH is suddenly pumping? Huh

I think there is a whale group which is periodically pumping various coins and a lot of money flowed to Monero and DASH. I have the sense that the coins they are using can't really be cashed out... they could be half a million btcs or more, stolen at some point in time, and the hackers are simply having fun with them pumping alts.

Anonymous coins were always going to take, at least 1% of BTC marketcap (I've said that in early '14 when darkcoin and anoncoin were at 2-3mn marketcap combined), which gave the anon market explosive growth potential that wasn't even worth the "fights" between drk/monero/other coins... there was enough "food" for everybody  Tongue
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:46:23 PM

Clif High Bitcoin update - 88888 CNY or $13k this time next year. Moon shot 2019. Long term 1 bitcoin approx equal to 1000 ounces Gold so $1mil +

https://youtu.be/SXFJUAf9afA?t=31m40s
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4480

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:46:47 PM

Clif High Bitcoin update - 88888 CNY or $13k this time next year. Moon shot 2019. Long term 1 bitcoin approx equal to 1000 ounces Gold so $1mil +

I wish I could say I had faith in Clif High's predictions but his record for accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Let's hope he's right though, at least as far as Bitcoin is concerned.  Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 12:22:13 AM

I wish I could say I had faith in Clif High's predictions but his record for accuracy leaves something to be desired.

Let's hope he's right though, at least as far as Bitcoin is concerned.  Smiley

I believe he states upfront that the predictions made can be wrong. There is not claim they will be right and they are not his claims, they are the product of analyzing linguistics with his software system. All he does is relay the data.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 08:22:20 AM

It is said in the Chumash that a spouse should leave the childhood home. I do not think it doesn't mean as much physical moving but leaving it mentally and by doing so creating a home with the spouse.
Therefore, it is not good to tell too much of the family issues to in-laws. Much better it is to have a female friend (for a woman) to whom to pour the heart. Men and women have different type of connection than the connection between men to men and women to women so when a person is married they both need such friends who are close enough and known to be "good company" (= not insisting divorces, having conservative values etc).

Donald Trump did go bad times in the business and rebuild himself... If you once become a millionaire it is probably easier next time as you know how to do it and what works and what doesn't work.
Bear also in mind, Donald Trump is a Zionist. He has good relationships to the Jewish community and Israel. That is basically one thing that brings blessings to one's live (God himself is watching over Israel and the Jews Psalm 121:4 - the nations have guardian angels that God has put to watch over them but Israel has God himself). Therefore, better to be an ally to God than enemy.
They say in the business that if you cannot beat your competition you can as well join him.  Grin
As a side note it is possible to find a lot of new connections from your local shul - as far as I know the rabbi in Tallinn is around your age.
I wish you all the best and I hope everything will be fine with you.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 02:24:53 PM

I wish you all the best and I hope everything will be fine with you.

And for everybody involved. And soon Smiley

Let's hope so!  Smiley

BTW, infinite money is a topic that interests me personally. You told somewhere that you still believe there is a such concept. I am curious to know how it works and how it has worked with you?

BTW 2: If she (your wife, soon ex-wife) has ever loved you she never can forget you. Women tend not to forget their first loves and especially if they have been in intimate contact with him. Despite it is not common that divorced couples will re-marry it still is possible. Never say never I guess... Sometimes living apart from each other without marriage will make both to think differently. And if you never will find the spark anymore with her just try to be in friendly relationship for the sake of your common children.  Smiley Just my 2 cents.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 07:39:28 AM

@Risto

What kind of foods are you eating?

I don't say this lightly, as it's very important that you're getting the right types of food and staying away from the wrong ones, particularly if you're in the middle of a challenge.

If in doubt, try to avoid all grains such as wheat/barley and concentrate on big portions of meat / fish, along with dark green leafy vegetables, and plenty of European fruits, such as berries and so forth.

Stay away from caffeine completely - it's a powerful neurotoxin and will only be confusing the subjectivity of the situation even further, not to mention denying you sleep. Keep your physical strength up through exercise, and try to get as much Vitamin D / sunlight as you can.

Good luck with everything.
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:43:32 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 10:17:48 AM by Mervyn_Pumpkinhead

Rpietila, how's your mental health going, got your bi-polar disorder under control? No new manic episodes and haven't been involuntarily institutionalized anymore?
.. or are there still complex conspiracies out there to get you, with global power players out there to get you for your special powers? Smiley

This reminds me of an underrated movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3W0AnCAZsg

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░         ░                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓░     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓   ░▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░▓▓▓   ▓▓▓░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Totle: DEX Aggregator 

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▓███    █████   
                    █     ▓█▒   █   
                   ██       ██▒██   
                   █                
            █████████████           
   ████████░             ░████████  
  █░ ░██                     ▒█▒  ██
  █░██     ░▓▓▓▒      ▓▓▓▒     ░█ ██
   ██      ▒▓▓▓▓     ▒▓▓▓▓      ██  
   ██        ░░        ░░       ▒█  
    █░                          █   
     █▓      ██░      ██░     ░█    
       ██░       ████      ░██      
          ████████████████    

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█
york780

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:12:14 PM

13/32.
13/30.
anticolay26

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 08:23:19 AM

Do any of you guys who only use "10% of coins for trading and 90% in cold storage" or whatever the ratio is find it frustrating every time you double up the 10% but missed the opportunity to double up the rest of the 90%? If I did such a thing it would feel like a huge loss to me.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:50:00 PM

Do any of you guys who only use "10% of coins for trading and 90% in cold storage" or whatever the ratio is find it frustrating every time you double up the 10% but missed the opportunity to double up the rest of the 90%? If I did such a thing it would feel like a huge loss to me.

Depends on the size of your stack, a large pile will crash the market so early adopters or whales can't throw in 100% even if they wanted to...
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:55:53 PM

I honestly can't wait until the Great Hard Forkening finally happens, because when it does the Sell-off wars between Unlimited & Core will cause both Bitcoin versions to drop back into the low hundreds for a little while.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:27:17 AM

I honestly can't wait until the Great Hard Forkening finally happens, because when it does the Sell-off wars between Unlimited & Core will cause both Bitcoin versions to drop back into the low hundreds for a little while.

There won't be a great hard forkening, both sides are not stupid enough to risk it unless they have significant majority because btc can't just fork like eth because of  it's design.... The minority  chain wouldn't be able to function properly at the outrageous difficulty it would have to mine at...
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

That's the whole point. Bitcoin can't sit around with 1mb blocksize forever. Or else the recent price increases will return to "normal", eventually.

The weaker chain will and should die, it's how Satoshi designed it.

Pages: « 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 [360] 361 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: