Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:35:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE  (Read 298748 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gavgav

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:01:47 PM

I wrote to ahmedbodi
I hope he answer soon

I got an email from the old marketer that he is getting death threats and you and metsjtwhatever are talking about hiring hitmen.

I am not treating this as fun. If you think you can just throw that word around and our personal information and threaten to kill us I won't hesitate to call the appropriate authorities. I suggest you and metsjstl stop right now. Sure, you know our names, but stop there before it gets even worse.

Bad investments happen, I never made a promise of any potential price. I realize now I was unfit for this commitment and expectations. You guys "investing" in the coin did not invest in me, so don't call it that. You invested in the free market, some held less time and won, and some didn't including me. I have not made a single penny from SMC. In fact I'm out about 6 BTC later trying to support the price. I am a victim too, but instead I am q victim of myself.

guys please get a life and grow up... There is no need to speak/threaten like this!                                    Will you please find the time and work hard in finding us a new dev so this coin can be revived!! That will sort a lot of this out!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bentleydsv

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:28:51 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 11:40:03 PM by bentleydsv

The ex-Dev is right. Everyone must understand that investments of any kind are risky, especially with cryptocurrencies even more so. Profits are NEVER guaranteed so stop blaming the ex-Dev. Making threats won't solve anything. At the same time, these threats should not be responded with inaction just to get back at the hecklers.

I think a fair solution for everyone involved is to get SmartCoin back on track with an official fork and a working wallet, and after that the ex-Dev should not be responsible for anything. After that, at least the SmartCoin has a chance to go through free market fluctuations that anyone can take a risk buying in with.

Let's go back to the old Logo and fork if we have to. The logo wasn't that bad to begin with. The problem was the ineffective marketing. That can change with the right people getting involved.

Does that sound fair to everyone?
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:53:15 PM

The ex-Dev is right. Everyone must understand that investments of any kind are risky, especially with cryptocurrencies even more so. Profits are NEVER guaranteed so stop blaming the ex-Dev. Making threats won't solve anything. At the same time, these threats should not be responded with inaction just to get back at the hecklers.

I think a fair solution for everyone involved is to get SmartCoin back on track with an official fork and a working wallet, and after that the ex-Dev should not be responsible for anything. After that, at least the SmartCoin has a chance to go through free market fluctuations that anyone can take a risk buying in with.

Let's go back to the old Logo and fork if we have to. The logo wasn't that bad to begin with. The problem was the ineffective marketing. That can change with the right people getting involved.

Even though most of what you say are true, the dev. does have a responsibility to find someone to replace him when he quits... he can't just stand up and walk out when he feels like it. That's very irresponsible. At the same time, I feel for the dev. because he does have a lot of responsibilities. But he shouldn't start what he can't finish.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:35:39 AM

Even though most of what you say are true, the dev. does have a responsibility to find someone to replace him when he quits... he can't just stand up and walk out when he feels like it. That's very irresponsible. At the same time, I feel for the dev. because he does have a lot of responsibilities. But he shouldn't start what he can't finish.

+++++++++++++++++++++111111111111111111111111111111111
bentleydsv

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:44:55 AM

Indeed. To the ex-Dev, please don't take any threats too seriously and just get SMC back on track. You were smart enough to know how launch SMC, but surely you were not ready for the hard times/turbulence as any job or product or journey will entail. This is a good learning experience to give you a taste for the real world. Just understand at times you have to be persistent and have thick skin to make it anywhere in life. Don't give up so easily. Remember the time Bitcoin collapsed a few times in its early years.... Look at where it is now. Surely no one gave up. Giving up is the worse option!
bentleydsv

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:14:45 AM

I wrote to ahmedbodi
I hope he answer soon

I got an email from the old marketer that he is getting death threats and you and metsjtwhatever are talking about hiring hitmen.

I am not treating this as fun. If you think you can just throw that word around and our personal information and threaten to kill us I won't hesitate to call the appropriate authorities. I suggest you and metsjstl stop right now. Sure, you know our names, but stop there before it gets even worse.

Bad investments happen, I never made a promise of any potential price. I realize now I was unfit for this commitment and expectations. You guys "investing" in the coin did not invest in me, so don't call it that. You invested in the free market, some held less time and won, and some didn't including me. I have not made a single penny from SMC. In fact I'm out about 6 BTC later trying to support the price. I am a victim too, but instead I am q victim of myself.

Hahahahah
I pooped my pants a lil.
I'm offering 1000 euro for the personal information of ag or smartcoin.
I know some sick dudes on silkroad in usa and the uk.

Leave him alone, Met.

This type of behaviour isn't helping anyone.

If you want better advice, I advise you to invest that 1000 Euros on finding a new Dev who is willing to put in the time to do a good job for the long haul.
smartcoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

smartcoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:35:57 AM

Indeed. To the ex-Dev, please don't take any threats too seriously and just get SMC back on track. You were smart enough to know how launch SMC, but surely you were not ready for the hard times/turbulence as any job or product or journey will entail. This is a good learning experience to give you a taste for the real world. Just understand at times you have to be persistent and have thick skin to make it anywhere in life. Don't give up so easily. Remember the time Bitcoin collapsed a few times in its early years.... Look at where it is now. Surely no one gave up. Giving up is the worse option!

I'm trying my best, so far no one has stepped up to try to take over. I'm willing to transfer the domain, twitter, github, and the premine to anyone who is willing to take over.

smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:57:32 AM

This is a huge mess, some people are on the old fork, others on the new fork. Some pools still didn't change to the new fork. Cryptsy still on the old fork and not responding or changing to the new fork.

Its not their fault nor the dev fault well alittle since he's been busy with work but I this is caused by the appearance of a shitload of new coins in the past month. I mean I haven't been following the crypto scene lately and I was just taking a look at coinmarketcap and noticed there's so many new coins now.

Pool owners keep creating new pools for each coin, exchanges adding coins non-stop. Now when a pool owner has 50 pools for different coins how the hell are they suppose to follow each coin's development like wallet updates or forks? This goes to exchanges too.

This reminds of the paid-to-click scene a few years back. Same thing is happening but in a different form: cryptocurrencies.

I invested in SMC about 2 BTC~1600$ at the time and my investment is currently sitting at about 30$.

Investing in cryptos especially alt cryptos besides litecoin is the worst and riskiest investment there is. Gambling is considered a safer investment compared to crpytos.

I've already written off my losses but still holding my SMC, in my eyes my investment is gone. If SMC manages to come back I'll be happy with the free cash I make.

No one should complain or flame the dev, when you investment into cryptos you knew the risks.

About the premine, the dev should sell them to cut his losses, whats another 100k going to do to this coin?
bentleydsv

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:10:42 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 05:37:12 AM by bentleydsv

It seems to me that WE ALL are in SmartCoin for the WRONG reasons.

The reason bitcoin, or dogecoin, or litecoin succeeded was because there was real passion and motive behind it, which was to change the world and the financial system to a fairer and more transparent system.

Just by reading the posts here and the vibe that the majority of the posters on here are is the opposite of "smart". In fact, it seems like the only people who bought into SmartCoin are degenerates, gamblers, and just people looking for a quick buck... This is the same attitude as people who are on government welfare programs. Look at how far these type of people get in life.. Not far at all.

If you all want SmartCoin to get back in the game, we ALL as a whole must change the way and the reason why we spend our time and energy on SmartCoin. Whether it be for a special interests groups, or to try to change the cryptocurrency scene for the better, or just to make real world transactions.... at least these reasons have real passion behind it.

I suggest we take small steps to get this back in the game:
1) Find a motivated and passionate Dev to fix the wallets and decide which fork we will choose (I recommend the old fork)
2) Let's start approaching public figures or celebrities to endorse this coin. (One person that comes up to mind is Peter Schiff. He is an economic genious who strongly believes in the gold standard. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff or even Jeremy Lin, NBA Player and Harvard grad)
3) We must develop sites or ecommerce businesses that support SmartCoin because that is what will really give SmartCoin its value.
4) And lastly NEVER EVER GIVE UP!

If we all as a whole come together and follow these steps, I PROMISE you all that SmartCoin will survive and eventually make its way back to it's original price and more. The key is to be PERSISTENT.
pudong

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:37:19 AM

Everyone expected good, then work together.
zuldarrs

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:49:38 AM

About the premine, the dev should sell them to cut his losses, whats another 100k going to do to this coin?
Dev should sell the premine? Are you mental or are you the dev himself?
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:59:06 AM

Its worth so little now, like 0.2 BTC. Let him take what is left from his 6 BTC investment. He did put time into this coin and can no longer continue due to his REAL life job. Shit happens but wouldn't be nice to leave with something?

You could buy a million SMC for 2 BTC at the current rate. Our market cap is almost 10,000$!!!

With 25 BTC you could buy all SMC that exists. Your worried about the 100k premin worth less than a 100$? If the Dev is telling the truth and invested 6 BTC he leaves with nothing?
zuldarrs

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:06:31 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 07:30:59 AM by zuldarrs

Its worth so little now, like 0.2 BTC. Let him take what is left from his 6 BTC investment. He did put time into this coin and can no longer continue due to his REAL life job. Shit happens but wouldn't be nice to leave with something?

You could buy a million SMC for 2 BTC at the current rate. Our market cap is almost 10,000$!!!

With 25 BTC you could buy all SMC that exists. Your worried about the 100k premin worth less than a 100$? If the Dev is telling the truth and invested 6 BTC he leaves with nothing?
I don't care if he invested 100 BTC, it was his risk and honestly he didn't do a good job at all plus he was lying to us. And to anyone saying we were sitting on our arses doing nothing, I can just laugh about that, you obviously havent been in the IRC channel. Several people were working on different projects for SMC including new websites etc, one of them actually looked really good but dev refused it for whatever reason, even though his own site looked like shit.

Besides, I don't believe him anyway.

The only reason he actually winded up here again after having disappeared is probably because these internet kids were threatening him and he actually got scared because his profile was here. It's clearly wrong to threaten somebody but on the other side I can understand their anger. It's not about this coin failing or you quitting, it's about HOW you quit. You caused a mess by changing the reward, not compiling a windows wallet and then left without saying a word. That's fucked up...
JobalFox

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:59:19 AM

I don't care if he invested 100 BTC, it was his risk and honestly he didn't do a good job at all plus he was lying to us. And to anyone saying we were sitting on our arses doing nothing, I can just laugh about that, you obviously havent been in the IRC channel. Several people were working on different projects for SMC including new websites etc, one of them actually looked really good but dev refused it for whatever reason, even though his own site looked like shit.

The only reason he actually winded up here again after having disappeared is probably because these internet kids were threatening him and he actually got scared because his profile was here. It's clearly wrong to threaten somebody but on the other side I can understand their anger. It's not about this coin failing or you quitting, it's about HOW you quit. You caused a mess by changing the reward, not compiling a windows wallet and then left without saying a word. That's fucked up...

+1000
Invisible Hands

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:20:10 AM

We need to stay focused.  Priority #1 should be choosing which fork is the real fork.  The issues are as follows:

1.  We do NOT have a working Windows wallet of the new fork.

If anyone can get it to sync please speak up now.

2.  We DO have a working Windows wallet on the old fork.

The old wallet will sync, I tried it today.

3.  I don't believe we have the time to wait around for someone to fix the new wallet.

We need some stability before we can move forward.  If we keep the old wallet we just have to notify hash.so (they are the ONLY ones on the new fork).  
If we go with the new wallet we are going to have to notify Cryptsy and risk being delisted.

The bottom line is that we need to go with the old fork.  All coins mined before block 120,000 are safe!  If coins were mined on the new fork after 120,000 they are going to disappear.  Anyone who mined at hash.so after block 120,000 will be affected.  This includes myself.

I do not have the technical abilities to take over this coin.  I can only try to help.

I would really appreciate it if the dev would step up here and just say that the old fork is official so that we can move on.  Then I can contact hash.so and have them switch to the old fork.  Coins will be lost and feelings will be hurt but at least we will be able to move forward!

If you mined at hash.so after block 120,000 then I am sorry but this is the reality of our situation.  I do not have the SMC to cover the coins that will be lost.

The sooner we do this the better.
Antebellum

Activity: 374

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:40:34 AM

+1! the way he quitted it on was ridicilous, if he know he wanted out, why push block reward and fork before just to dissapear and ruin coin. . . that move made me lose all respect and i have defended him thru all this thread. sad move, cowardly move and good hes gone hope a real dev can take it over and get it up on track again, still belive new fork should be the way to go.

Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 10:14:28 AM

We need to stay focused.  Priority #1 should be choosing which fork is the real fork.  The issues are as follows:

If anyone can get it to sync please speak up now.

2.  We DO have a working Windows wallet on the old fork.

The old wallet will sync, I tried it today.

3.  I don't believe we have the time to wait around for someone to fix the new wallet.

We need some stability before we can move forward.  If we keep the old wallet we just have to notify hash.so (they are the ONLY ones on the new fork).  
If we go with the new wallet we are going to have to notify Cryptsy and risk being delisted.

The bottom line is that we need to go with the old fork.  All coins mined before block 120,000 are safe!  If coins were mined on the new fork after 120,000 they are going to disappear.  Anyone who mined at hash.so after block 120,000 will be affected.  This includes myself.

I do not have the technical abilities to take over this coin.  I can only try to help.

I would really appreciate it if the dev would step up here and just say that the old fork is official so that we can move on.  Then I can contact hash.so and have them switch to the old fork.  Coins will be lost and feelings will be hurt but at least we will be able to move forward!

If you mined at hash.so after block 120,000 then I am sorry but this is the reality of our situation.  I do not have the SMC to cover the coins that will be lost.

The sooner we do this the better.

We do have a working wallet for the new fork. The problem is that we don't know any nodes which are on the new fork.
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 11:26:12 AM

We have a working wallet for the fork that should be kept.
I guess we should pick the fork that won't harm the early investors.
AFAIR they are on the old fork, aren't they?

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:07:59 PM

dev-smartcoin
maybe its clean reputation if you find a new developer to take over and develop the project
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:19:53 PM

dev-smartcoin
maybe its clean reputation if you find a new developer to take over and develop the project

This coin is dying and only there is one option that it can stay alive.

A great, skill-full dev who invested in SMC a lot, while it is cheap and wants to make a lot of profit.
Otherwise, nobody will lift their finger for this coin! ! ! My guess, this coin will be 100 Satosh-ish by the weekend!
This is the only option! I keep dumping my coins when I see a buy order good enough for me.

Good luck!
Pages: « 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 [261] 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: