Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:04:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm dumping Nxt and here's why you should too  (Read 21262 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 08:16:55 AM

Then why is Mastercoin price so high and NXT price keeps falling and falling? 

Mastercoin is high because of maidsafe scam.

NXT is right now, one of the most stable crypto.
jacastro

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:29:46 AM

Another way to look at it is...if it is falling, is the current NXT price attractive to get right now? Is it a good time to get in?
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 09:38:07 AM

Another way to look at it is...if it is falling, is the current NXT price attractive to get right now? Is it a good time to get in?

In 2months the current nxt price will look like a complete joke. Several developments ready to be launched soon. Actually, AE has a date for mainet realease.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

The coming features of NXT will drop like bombs on the cryptoworld.

for example: Decentralized Alias System, Decentralized DNS, Arbitrary Messaging, Distributed Storage, Voting System, Reputation System, Smart Contracts

Tell me just one coin which has just ONE innovation.

Then why is Mastercoin price so high and NXT price keeps falling and falling? 

NXT price is sliding, like all pretty much all crypto. BTC is also on the fall, so no surprise there.
In the last couple of months NXT has been amazingly stable, it's held steady at #6-#7 (on market cap) for a very long time. In this time, NXT has been getting some very cool stuff together and making sure that it works properly. Once the Asset Exchange in in place on mainnet.......NXT is going to start becoming the one crypto to rule them all.
NXT is nowhere near finished yet, what you see right now is only NXT's first generation feature set.

(btw, dont forget that NXT will include pretty much all of MaidSafe's functionality) 

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
qqNxt

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 10:49:15 AM

+1 to nxt!

i have invested 10,000 and i will be holding until it is worth 100,000 then i'm starting a bussiness using the nxt platform.
when nxt goes mainstream, all my cash will be in nxt and not fiat.

Because fuck suppression of technology! We need to move forward!
The World is a Better Place with Crypto.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:10:23 AM

Dit you see the new Fresh And Shiny Nxt thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=587007

Lot of good things to come!  Smiley
lophie

Activity: 924

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:34:24 PM

I just noticed the dilution. I am very disappointed. NXT has no future but as a SCAM coin because of this. It is gicing more trouble than what it is trying to fix.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Pff, you're going post your FUD here too... Lips sealed

Please discuss instead of making accusations. A lot of devs have been thinking hard about nxtQuant. I'm curious about hearing your arguments. Thanks.
lophie

Activity: 924

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:30:00 PM

Pff, you're going post your FUD here too... Lips sealed

Please discuss instead of making accusations. A lot of devs have been thinking hard about nxtQuant. I'm curious about hearing your arguments. Thanks.

I am there posting on the main thread. Actually I also posted my concerns here because I was wondering if the OP have some insight about this since he ABSOLUTELY called it out on the price falling.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:42:43 PM

If you like, you're welcome to join https://www.nxtforum.org and discuss your thoughts. We need to make everything about Nxt better all the time.  Smiley
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 04:51:50 PM

Disclaimer: I own 50,000+ Nxt which will soon be GONE! I want out!

Looks like you made a smart move. Selling 50k Nxt on January 2014 got you 5.34BTC and if you tried dumping Nxt today you would only get 2.99 BTC.

Thus even with Bitcoin severely capitulating other crypto like Nxt is performing much worse and is in its death throws dropping to number 9 in market capitalization and as soon as ethereum is released and other assets like storj get released is likely to keep dropping to 11th and than 12th in a few months.

jones_

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 06:53:31 PM

Disclaimer: I own 50,000+ Nxt which will soon be GONE! I want out!

Looks like you made a smart move. Selling 50k Nxt on January 2014 got you 5.34BTC and if you tried dumping Nxt today you would only get 2.99 BTC.

Thus even with Bitcoin severely capitulating other crypto like Nxt is performing much worse and is in its death throws dropping to number 9 in market capitalization and as soon as ethereum is released and other assets like storj get released is likely to keep dropping to 11th and than 12th in a few months.

if you want to be rich by doing nothing, then your correct, nxt is not for you, manyy other cryptos would work much better for that.

but if you want to be on the cutting edge of decentralized crypto developments and build something really cool on a platform that was made to house and decentralize everything, then nxt is for you.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:13:43 PM

if you want to be rich by doing nothing, then your correct, nxt is not for you, manyy other cryptos would work much better for that.

but if you want to be on the cutting edge of decentralized crypto developments and build something really cool on a platform that was made to house and decentralize everything, then nxt is for you.

How do you define cutting edge if most developers and development is occurring in Bitcoin based start ups, projects , assets, and research? Are there any features/abilities NxT has that bitcoin doesn't besides discussing variations in algos?

jones_

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:21:19 PM

How do you define cutting edge if most developers and development is occurring in Bitcoin based start ups, projects , assets, and research? Are there any features/abilities NxT has that bitcoin doesn't besides discussing variations in algos?

differences in algos is pretty big, but there are a few key differences aside from the pos/tf situation.

nxt has a thriving asset exchange with more good assets than any other platform.
we have the monetary system, which can be used like a side chains like system
next up in the queue is voting system, a way to get voter consensus in a decentralized way,
then there are 2 phased transactions, which are a very cool type of multisig.

nxt has flexibility where bitcoin doesn't as it is using code from today, not from 6 years ago. It is light and agile

at least this is my take, feel free to have any opinion you want.
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 07:56:50 PM

differences in algos is pretty big, but there are a few key differences aside from the pos/tf situation.

Yes, there are indeed some strengths and weaknesses to PoS.

nxt has a thriving asset exchange with more good assets than any other platform.

If you are just discussing quantity of assets you would be correct, market cap assets would clearly go with Bitcoin as Mastercoin/counterparty/couloured coins all are bitcoin assets. The need for all these assets, debatable.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

NxT
SuperNET    Nxt    $ 2,614,635
CoinoUSD    Nxt    $ 940,147

Bitcoin
MaidSafeCoin    Mastercoin    $ 12,375,317
Gems    Counterparty    $ 1,502,094
Swarm    Counterparty    $ 1,398,097
Storjcoin X    Counterparty    $ 837,643    

we have the monetary system, which can be used like a side chains like system

Bitcoin has those too:
http://coincreator.net/
http://build-a-co.in/

next up in the queue is voting system, a way to get voter consensus in a decentralized way,

Bitcoin has those too:
http://www.bitcongress.org/
https://blog.agoravoting.com/index.php/2013/11/28/a-bitcoin-based-completely-distributed-voting-system/
https://coinist.co/counterparty/counterparty-assets

then there are 2 phased transactions, which are a very cool type of multisig.

This is just bitcoin multisig and nTimelock or nested mutisigs ... nothing new.

nxt has flexibility where bitcoin doesn't as it is using code from today, not from 6 years ago. It is light and agile

Over 60% of satoshi code has been changed and bitcoin is constantly evolving whether you are aware of not.
Java is not light and Agile compared to C++ and Bitcoin has multiple stacks and implementations interacting with the blockchain unlike NxT.

sadface

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:18:55 PM

lets not forget the decentralized marketplace
cryptardio

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:20:47 PM

i would not advice drop nxt this year. they have most features of all that work great. their wallet is amazing. 1.48
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:37:21 PM

lets not forget the decentralized marketplace

Like bitbay, http://voluntary.net/bitmarkets/, and https://openbazaar.org/ with bitcoin?

About the PoS being secure....

PoS proponents said it couldn't be done and kept insinuating that one would have to purchase up most of the currency to perform the attack but here is one example of a successful attack being committed on a real coin that was staking at 10 %:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=897493.0

apexcoin attack successful with 0.07% of available supply (yes small, but the stake to destroy the coin was nothing!)

I'll tell you my theories anyway: the two PhDs who wrote that research have a clear nxt bias. Look at their hidden multibranch section: they say that they got 3/20 of 500 blocks with 10% stake. 3/20 of 500 is 75 blocks. They got 75 blocks! if people wait for 6 confirmations, I only need 6 blocks, not 75. So I can do with much less than 10% stake. Of course 10% stake means 10% of actively forging coins, which means 10% of 10% of supply. So, much less than 1% of supply to double spend. Of course that's still a few hundred BTCs for NXT so I'll start with a smaller coin.

I already bought a few coins... just wait until age is accumulated...

Other PoS coins are going to be targeted soon and with an end goal in attacking NxT eventually.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:47:02 PM

Other PoS coins are going to be targeted soon and with an end goal in attacking NxT eventually.

Luke-Jr ultimately proved that PoW is flawed by successfully killing few PoW coins.

PS: Others can use the same tricks as you.  Cheesy
inBitweTrust

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 09:58:21 PM

Luke-Jr ultimately proved that PoW is flawed by successfully killing few PoW coins.

PS: Others can use the same tricks as you.  Cheesy

Agreed. Weaker PoW coins are vulnerable too. PoW is far from perfect but because of Bitcoins total hashrate it is far more secure than other coins.

I have been advocating adding a TaPoS layer in addition to PoW to bitcoin to further strengthen it, so I'm certainly not a PoW ideologue.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: