Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:08:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Uponnothing

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:04:44 AM

I still have a tiny bit of hope that I might get my coins back from coinmarket now. I had some USDE on there, tried to withdraw when it was back up recently but because USDE has had wallet update the transaction confirmed but was never going to arrive in the right place. Hopefully they are going to update all wallets and I'll finally get it out (although I have missed the USDE pump now).

Better news is I have just registered a couple of UK domain names relating to Noblecoin to set up a UK Noblecoin hub - to advertise services / products in the UK that can be purchased with Noblecoin and generally give information out about the coin with a UK slant.

I suggest people in other countries do the same if they can.

As Rofo said earlier, I will use the Noble graphics etc to do this.

Then we can start the drive to get businesses accepting Noblecoin - and perhaps start engaging with new charities as well.

Nice idea. I am also in the UK if you need any help with anything

Will do, have got the domain names, now just a question of building the websites.

Will probably just use Wordpress with a custom frontpage and some simple CSS use of the Noble coin images. The important thing is that people in the UK understand that Noblecoin is available and relevant to them.
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:43:43 AM

what the hell happened? i've been gone for 3 weeks, real life, and i get home turn on the comp and all i see is total devastation.

can someone fill me in?

even coinmarket.io isn't working? is it me?
Long story short, between Mt. Gox losing/stealing a ton of BTC (6% of all coins in circulation) and several other smaller hacks on various exchanges/online wallets in a short period of time peoples faith in cryptos has been shaken and presumably a lot of people cashed out.

And yea coinmarket is also having issues, it comes and goes but they are still around.
CR7xMarcelo

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:49:23 AM

keep up voting!

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes

atm we have 158 votes. first place has 21111^^

edit: today bigvern added  DGB/BTC, SAT/BTC, RDD/BTC, ZED/BTC. all coins weren`t number 1 in the voting. I think it wont take long until he
adds noble as well

Sat was up high there, and RDD/DGB are well known currencies amongst the community.
I think exposure is more important than votes.
Doge got there without a premine, so no bounty
Doge got there due to volume which to exchange operators is a bounty in itself Wink But I do agree more exposure would help the cause along side more trade volume, votes and general value.

One way miners could help is to split their mining, mine whatever's most profitable as well as Noble (in whatever ratio suits your setup) then use a portion of the high value coins return to buy noble this will help maintain/increase nobles value and allow you to stock up on your noble quota. Keeping some hash pointed at noble will also keep the network alive and difficulty up to make sure new comers can see the coin has an active community backing it. Using the other coin to cover power costs etc. also means you don't have to sell on the noble market to cover it further swinging the ratio of buys to sells, at least until Noble becomes the most profitable coin again Cheesy

If anyone's unsure about mining multiple pools with different ratios feel free to PM me and I will give you a run down - forgive me if it takes a while to respond I often forget to check the message counter... its too small Wink
Thats a great Idea, I was and and still mining Noble to keep difficulty high.
I guess mining other coins and buying Noble with them is also an option.
Do you think price will finally go up with agx.io exchange?
@Rofo you should put Austin Global in the topic title!:p

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4926

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:17:27 AM

what the hell happened? i've been gone for 3 weeks, real life, and i get home turn on the comp and all i see is total devastation.

can someone fill me in?

YEAH, your lucky you missed it! A terrible last 3 weeks. As was stated GOX finally bailed not being able to operate on the reserves they have been trying to float on since the hack 2 years ago. coupled with the fact Mainstream news is misreporting it as Bitcoin being hacked as to scare the people away from crypto's and over half of the alt exchanges either outright stealing coins and claiming hacks or being hacked the market is in trouble as the common man who was coming around to the Idea has had his faith shaken. And the markets are reflecting that. These fly bye night Exchanges are destroying the entire Industry.

Lets see if they successfully launch first. I sent DGB there a day and a half ago and have not been able to even get to the market with it.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cdg1941

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:42:14 AM

can someone fill me in?

YEAH, your lucky you missed it! A terrible last 3 weeks. As was stated GOX finally bailed not being able to operate on the reserves they have been trying to float on since the hack 2 years ago. coupled with the fact Mainstream news is misreporting it as Bitcoin being hacked as to scare the people away from crypto's and over half of the alt exchanges either outright stealing coins and claiming hacks or being hacked the market is in trouble as the common man who was coming around to the Idea has had his faith shaken. And the markets are reflecting that. These fly bye night Exchanges are destroying the entire Industry.

Lets see if they successfully launch first. I sent DGB there a day and a half ago and have not been able to even get to the market with it.

i had heard about some of the stuff about BTC, but i thought that most of it was getting worked out. i had expected a drop, but this is insane, what exchanges were "hacked" and stealing peoples coins?

i'm trying to catch up but i'n only on page 210 of the thread.

just a thought, i know that this may sound a little " conspiracy theorist" but anyone else think that this may be caused by the people that are trying to control crypto ( politicians) so that they get " their" cut?

NOBLECOIN                 NobleCoin Marketplace Beta NOW LIVE!    

noblecoin: 9jgw7GbHzLQ2pRjpu7yWbP8VrShSxvG89F
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:44:29 AM

yep NOBLE doesnt have luck with exchanges too much Sad
good coin, y fav right after SUN

yolo
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 01:59:47 AM

just a thought, i know that this may sound a little " conspiracy theorist" but anyone else think that this may be caused by the people that are trying to control crypto ( politicians) so that they get " their" cut?

I can tell you for a FACT that News coverage was biased as well as non-factual. I watched it and was pretty pissed off I can tell you. I've been explaining for a week how the coin can't be "Hacked" and it was only an exchange an it was 2 YEARS ago to boot! People are generally morons and eat up whatever they are spoon fed.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cdg1941

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:05:56 AM

I can tell you for a FACT that News coverage was biased as well as non-factual. I watched it and was pretty pissed off I can tell you. I've been explaining for a week how the coin can't be "Hacked" and it was only an exchange an it was 2 YEARS ago to boot! People are generally morons and eat up whatever they are spoon fed.

well about people being morons, i can categorically agree.

to be honest, as i'm reading and catching up, i find it suspect that all this happens as popularity is exploding and the very concept is gaining momentum. while at the same time it seems that politicians are crying out that they can't get their cut of the proceeds. and then a bunch of media outlets report on this, at around the same time the obama administration's FCC debacle is coming to light.

Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:18:59 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 02:52:01 AM by Grrizz

to be honest, as i'm reading and catching up, i find it suspect that all this happens as popularity is exploding and the very concept is gaining momentum. while at the same time it seems that politicians are crying out that they can't get their cut of the proceeds. and then a bunch of media outlets report on this, at around the same time the obama administration's FCC debacle is coming to light.
One of the more interesting recent outcomes... http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/09/mt-gox-hack-allegedly-reveals-bitcoin-balances-customer-account-totals/

Do you think price will finally go up with agx.io exchange?
As much as I'd like to say yes, I don't think adding a new exchange will be the fix we are after (particularly a start up one), not saying its a bad thing, far from it, it'll add some visibility to the coin but to see a major lift in value the whole altcoin market needs to turn around and I expect this to take some time. What Noble really needs at the moment is more buy power i.e. investors, more miners to make the coin more scarce/spread out in turn driving value up and more trade volume in general. What I see at the moment is very little day trading and small but constant sell pressure so when someone buys a bunch of noble to use in the store the price spikes then it slowly gets eroded back down again. Unfortunately the store is a bit of a devil in disguise at the moment, its purpose is to attract more people to the coin by giving it a use the flip side to this is the coin that gets spent there then needs to be recouped to BTC then fiat to restock the shelves so essentially buys there will be coming back onto the market with 10% more as sell orders. I know Rofo's doing his best to mitigate driving the price down by trickle selling but unless I'm mistaken at the end of the day it still has to end up as a sell order.

I see noble as being cheap at the moment and definitely see the price rising a lot in the mid to long term but what we need now are more people, especially new people, to realise this too. As time goes by Noble proves itself more and more and hopefully this in itself will help draw people in but if we want to see a quick turn around I think we need something that makes people think about moving over to noble with coin and community merits aside, something like a solid and sustained pump where people would come over for value alone but its never that easy because if a pump isn't sustained the impending dump can do even more harm.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:42:25 AM

Just a little personal news regarding the NobleCoin marketplace & being based in Australia. Frankly I'm glad Australia is publicly recognizing cryptocurrencies. While I dislike tax as much as the rest, the monetary/banking system and what tax is used for the alternative is control/making crypto. illegal which is worse. I still believe crypto. will be more widely adopted for international trade and used to bypass merchant & conversion fees and amount to extreme cost savings & international trade benefits but will be somewhat regulated. Tor and anonymous coins will still allow those so inclined to go deeper similar to BTC/Silk Road (still that never pans out too well).

The Australian Tax Office (ATO) has provided businesses with some more guidelines on how it intends to deal with bitcoin, stating that income and profits derived from bitcoin transactions are taxable.

http://www.coindesk.com/australian-tax-office-explains-bitcoin-tax/

'I live in Australia and run the NobleCoin Marketplace – this tax time I will be getting advice from as many interested parties as I can and reporting all income through the marketplace (received in both BTC & NOBL) as well as transfers of BTC>Bank account through Btradeaustralia. This will mostly be done at a loss but I intend to show gains where I can for the report. I’ll be volunteering myself as a case study and provide details on the ATO’s approach of taxing cryptocurrencies in Australia and how it may work in the future. LinkedIn me (Jason Curby) if you’re interested as either an accountant or Australian.'

While I would like as much as the next person to use crypto. freely and avoid tax, the banking system and money control the reality seems to be heading towards mainstream acceptance and regulation. It is also, for better or worse, being called out for stronger regulation by users getting burnt. Whether these events are controlled, created or manipulated to push us all in a certain direction by government/industry I don't generally comment. While not ideal to why cryptocurrency began it is still a better alternative to being made illegal and something to be fought over in the dark web (there will still be plenty of crypto/systems/coins for that), crypto. will still allow for huge cost savings, international trade benefits and put a fair amount of control in the hands of people, users and miners (and out of the hands of you know who), especially when they remain free to choose which cryptocurrency they choose to develop, use and support.

We will be working closely with any news site, accountant and business interested (primarily in Australia but welcome anyone globally) to test the new outlines being put in place in Australia and hopefully allow users, miners and adopters to gain some insight into where regulations and taxation of cryptocurrency might go in the future. I said when we started NobleCoin we were here to build something rather than make bank - this lets us put our financial transactions (NOBL, BTC & fiat) and words to the test, and provides information many feel is required as they begin using and accepting cryptocurrency. We have as many questions as the rest, so we're going to be using the Marketplace to put a spotlight on NobleCoin as a legitimate and forward-thinking cryptocurrency as well as answer as many of those questions come tax time as we can.

Whether it's as simple as merely capital gains being taxed or all transactions and movement of cryptocurrency being applied GST/taxed to be honest I really don't know at this point (and it seems noone else does either). I'm not an accountant and there aren't many case studies to go by so far - but we're more than ready to step up, get financial advice from different groups in Australia, gather and share information and hopefully ensure that any regulations/taxation don't completely cripple/control cryptocurrency. Personally I'd love to be free to use BTC/NOBL for trade free from regulations/banks/taxation but because of my more unique public position and running of the marketplace I will be putting these new rules to the test in the hope it provides insight and information to everyone.

- Australia Recognising & Taxing Cryptocurrencies - NobleCoin Marketplace Case Study

cdg1941

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:44:30 AM

One of the more interesting recent outcomes... http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/09/mt-gox-hack-allegedly-reveals-bitcoin-balances-customer-account-totals/

that 101,000 BTC difference is quite interesting.

depending on accounting methods i can see a discrepancy of up to 5,000, however a discrepancy of over 100,000? who is doing the accounting over their nancy pelosi?

their is also the discrepancy of the total amount of BTC deposited and withdrawn, which doesn't match up with current holdings. and the holdings of japanese yen, british pounds and USD is interesting. there is enough fiat within their holdings to cover a loss like the one that they are claiming. and those are insured. ( depending on your accounting methods, which i would hope that they have enough combined knowledge to play around with)

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 02:48:46 AM

My personal opinion is MtGox funds have been frozen and held by government entities in relation to all the money laundering cases and they have all been given gag orders.

cdg1941

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 03:00:12 AM

My personal opinion is MtGox funds have been frozen and held by government entities in relation to all the money laundering cases and they have all been given gag orders.

i can see that,

i can also see them  using those cases as a way to curb the growth of crypto as a way of trying to gain control of the industry. i can only go by my experiences, but i have seen and lived through a number of gag orders, and every time it involves the government not wanting the public to know what they are really doing, and it is almost never good.

what would the motivation be to issue a gag order, if multiple governments are investigating money laundering? from my point of view i would think that the public would almost welcome some sort of stability within the crypto market and such an investigation could ( in a way) give crypto more legitimacy. unless that is what they are trying to avoid.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 04:26:46 AM

... unless that is what they are trying to avoid.

I can see absolutely no scenario in which ANY government wants Virtual currency to flourish. Well not until they have developed and put the tools in place to track tax and regulate. Until then they will just run as much interference as possible to slow the spread until they have the capability to control it.

luckycoin1

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:07:21 AM

What is driving the price down is lack of buy orders.... Thinking about switching my miners and buying on exchange to help give some support.
cdg1941

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:34:20 AM

What is driving the price down is lack of buy orders.... Thinking about switching my miners and buying on exchange to help give some support.

i was thinking about switching my miners to some other coin, then buying noble with the proceeds.

any suggestions as to which would be a one to use?

since all i have at the moment is noble, it's kinda hard to buy noble with noble

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2014, 06:37:58 AM

We've had some very positive discussions this month with large precious metal merchants who already love crypto and accept BTC. Purchases will be available in BTC & NOBL (10% NOBL discount still applies). More information to come in the following week or two.

cdg1941

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:54:06 AM

We've had some very positive discussions this month with large precious metal merchants who already love crypto and accept BTC. Purchases will be available in BTC & NOBL (10% NOBL discount still applies). More information to come in the following week or two.

wel, with this in mind..... we still need to increase the value, so we need to organize some kinda of community buy back. all i have is noble, does anyone have any ideas as to a coin that has a good  X / noble exchange rate and low diff rate.

as i said all i have is noble and am willing to point my 220kh/s at something else if enough other people will do the same and use ALL of the proceeds to purchase noble. but as i said all i have is 220 kh/s, if it is just me it wont make a dent.

TN5

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:57:16 AM

i was thinking about switching my miners to some other coin, then buying noble with the proceeds.

since all i have at the moment is noble, it's kinda hard to buy noble with noble

I'm about to do this also and I might suggest mining Doge since it has probably the most stable market at the moment thanks to the volume. Doge is also one of the most profitable coins at coinwarz. Another plan would be set the miners to multipool.us that gives the most profitable coin in real time but you have to check and sell multiple times during the day to get the most of it.

So yes I'd say that Doge might be the best coin for this.

Noblecoin
cdg1941

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:03:09 AM

I'm about to do this also and I might suggest mining Doge since it has probably the most stable market at the moment thanks to the volume. Doge is also one of the most profitable coins at coinwarz. Another plan would be set the miners to multipool.us that gives the most profitable coin in real time but you have to check and sell multiple times during the day to get the most of it.

So yes I'd say that Doge might be the best coin for this.

at that difficulty rate i won't be able to offer much... speaking of that... if this is to be a truly altruistic venture, it would probably be in all of our best interest to establish a community wallet in which all of the proceeds are deposited to, that is controlled by a trust worthy party. and if we can agree on that, due to the track recored that is already established i would like to nominate rofo for that honor.

if we can establish that ( whether it is rofo or another honorable party) then i'm all in.

Pages: « 1 ... 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: