Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:53:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Polobyxa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

Don't forget to vote

mintpal.com/voting

I just broke the 10k count. Tongue Still a long way to go though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:14:37 PM

Just pulled my balance from coinmarket.io

If they return with a big bang I might give them another chance!
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:17:37 AM

We have the highest trade volume on CoinEx with over 8 BTC in 24 hours. I know this might not seem like much for some or by comparing to while back but. If you click on any coin on the left and see the volume on the top. We are the BEST ... well maybe except DOGE, that beat us by 1 BTC.
I think this is something that cannot be ignored. We will get there soon.

edit: Happy Birthday NOBLE. Today is 7th. NOBLE was born on January 7th !
agx.io

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:09:54 AM

We learned a tremendous amount at the Texas Bitcoin Conference this week. With the headlines in the news, one of the biggest things on the agenda and in the hallway conversations was security. Learn about how Austin Global Exchange protects you with our Cold Storage process: http://austinglobal.tumblr.com/image/78188469722

You can also view our #LiveTweets feed from the Texas Bitcoin Conference on our Twitter feed, @AustinGlobalX

Friendly reminder that NOBL/BTC will be open for trading at launch on AGX. Thanks for all the feedback from the NOBL community on AGX so far! Registration is open, visit agx.io to set up your username, password, wallets, profile, and security preferences.

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
twitter.com/AustinGlobalX
austinglobal.tumblr.com
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:38:52 AM

I have just put down 0.25 newly acquired BTC in buy orders on coinex, lets turn this price around! Smiley

Just dropped .5 BTC yesterday. Not sure when I can put in more. But I will not sell any. I shall stay a NOBL millionaire! Cheesy

Yeah, short-term, things still look to be a bit down. There is lots of buzz and news surrounding AUR and MZC that is basically gobbling up a lot of the attention of the alternative crypto-currency scene. Compound this with all of the buzz surrounding Bitcoin (stories about Satoshi, regulatory reaction in Japan concerning Mt. Gox and Bitcoins, and the death of the CEO of First Meta). It is unfortunately very difficult to grow a base with all of this activity.

In terms of exchange news, the issues with coinmarket.io continue to push a downward trend on NOBL so this has put a lot of the volume on coinex.pw. The way bots function on that site continuously puts downward pressure on the price (which is compounded by the slight downturn in the price of BTC).

Just as a point of consideration, I personally feel that one of the biggest issues ahead in the adoption of NOBL is having others get past the stigma of the "pre-mine." I think the current deal with AUR and its 50% premine (which actually accounts for 95% of all AUR currently in existence) will trickle over to many of the other pre-mined coins.

In regards to the reserves, there are two issues that I think the team will need to address regarding the pre-mine:
1) Currently, the pre-mine accounts for slightly over 1/3 of all NOBL in existence. That's usually not a comforting feeling for a lot of people in this scene despite how transparent the pre-mine funds are used. Assuming that the rate of use with the reserves in the next 3 months equals the current amount used, this proportion shrinks to around 17%, but even that can be a turn-off. I fundamentally think this will be a big hurdle for NOBL.
2) The public ledger is not easily readable. Sure it has everything, but compiling it into a table format I think will go a long way in explaining how the funds have been used. Also, including a current estimated timeframe for how and when more of the reserves will be used can also go a long way. A road map already exists for the coin, I think a reasonable next step would be mapping out (at least to a certain extent) a road map regarding the usage of the reserves.

With that said, the continuous proliferation of other competing alts is hurting much of the market, and because there is so much dilution, it ends up seeping to all of the various coins and detracting from a lot of possible value.

Very well said, insightful and thoughtful post. I concur and agree with your assessment of the current scene.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
PeterPalmBeach

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:09:50 AM

We learned a tremendous amount at the Texas Bitcoin Conference this week. With the headlines in the news, one of the biggest things on the agenda and in the hallway conversations was security. Learn about how Austin Global Exchange protects you with our Cold Storage process: http://austinglobal.tumblr.com/image/78188469722

You can also view our #LiveTweets feed from the Texas Bitcoin Conference on our Twitter feed, @AustinGlobalX

Friendly reminder that NOBL/BTC will be open for trading at launch on AGX. Thanks for all the feedback from the NOBL community on AGX so far! Registration is open, visit agx.io to set up your username, password, wallets, profile, and security preferences.

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
austinglobal.tumblr.com

Very good. Great and professional site. Looking forward. Thanks.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:12:38 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 04:04:51 AM by Rofo

We will be completely revamping the public ledger to make it more readable and understandable. We will also publish the excel spreadsheet with every spend on it done since we released - it's at 2400+ entries (names will be removed but addresses will remain).

We released at a time where premines were still acceptable and considered great for long-term development support. However we immediately knew we had to provide a public ledger and transparent/accountable devs (public social media details and real name, etc.) in order to stay competitive compared to coins like EAC. We knew we had to be legitimate if we wanted to be taken seriously. We delivered this.

Since then, the alt-scene has jumped from coins like Coinye (privately premined and dumped), Panda (massively premined and dumped - worst case so far), and now EAC (seems they are constantly dealing with concerns the private premine has been dumped over the last couple of months and the anonymous devs refuse to release any information). The amount of private premines from now dead coins is too many to list at this point. Premines are hated now because all the scam coins have come and gone leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth (while the legitimate ones that delivered what they actually wanted are still here suffering because these people made the wrong choice in supporting private premines/anonymous players/shady backgrounds in an attempt to game the system and make easy money).

We know this has hurt the image of premines. What is frustrating for us is that while miners/supporters cry out for exactly what we delivered, they really just want to jump on the next bandwagon and get rich quick so ultimately they don't really care (excuse the cynicism). I personally feel it is unfair to be lumped in with scam coins when we have provided everything that was demanded.

Without the premine, we would not be supporting charities to do good and get exposure, we could not provide 10% discounts or fund the marketplace, and we would not be promoting on multiple channels as we simply would not have the funds to do so. It's easy for big miners with big rigs to point at us and say mine it yourself and support the coin, but to be frank with you guys we are not wealthy, we are not miners, my graphics card pulls 400khs. There are coins out there with 40x our cap now who can't put together enough to fund anything, can't develop infrastructure or merchants or a marketplace. If you dig deep and read the threads and their fundraising campaigns you will realise this. We have to stick to our initial plan of having a premine to bounty for and provide just that in a transparent manner. Things have changed since BTC and LTC, and miners and newcomers do not want to spend a dime or give in this environment or take risks that might interfere with 'profit'. They want everyone else to spend theirs and reap the rewards should the price rise.

Our initial plan was to spend about 10% of the premine a month to support a huge amount of development and handsomly reward anyone who wanted to build something also. To this day we've spent 10% of it month one and about 7% of it in month two - we will release the sheets/update the public ledger to show this. I don't know of many coins doing this - they are staying private or not building anything at all. I can tell you one thing I know for certain now (and hopefully the sheet shows this): coins that say 1% or 0.5% of premine (private) to be used for giveaways/promo etc. and people believe that because it's so small are getting fooled. If we did just 1% on release and actually dumped any of it (even slowly over a month) during the high weeks we would not have to work for two years and I could be on a beach right now.

We want to spend this, we want to build stuff: but the current state of exchanges taking in flavour of the week, bought coins and 'scam' coins and not even listing us for vote after being here for 2 months with a public ledger that is still legit and myself not remaining anonymous means we have no volume or buy support to reward anyone in BTC or otherwise without crashing the price and getting labelled a scam like PandaCoin. We are worlds apart and still trying to prove ourselves so that we get attention from a big player who doesn't want to abuse us for short-term profit like the rest. The development map is there, the rewards are there, and people will come as crypto grows and this game of deceit and anonymous scam artists comes to an end. Sooner or later this scene will cannibalise itself or start regulating/holding higher standards to save itself. When that day comes, either we all lose no matter what coin we support (cannibalise) or the coins that did things the right way will win. The volume excuse is a poor one, we're in the 1000's of BTC total volume now because we have been here months, not weeks.

Cynically I have come to realise (and we all know this), and I'll be real with you here: Noone cares about crypto anymore, this place is a herd of sheep being pushed around by rich p&dumpers and taken advantage of as they try and get rich quick. If they aren't sheep, they are smarter wolves and miners using popular and profitable coins to make cash. If they aren't sheep or wolves, they are rich whales laughing all the way to the bank as they lead pigs to slaughter. I don't really blame them, but we're not running away or budging because of it. We aren't budging from our initial 'noble' plan and intentions - we're going to continue to work on building something that works as both a currency and a commodity. There are some big people out there with big plans that I have become aware of - and our game plan is to survive, remain professional, transparent and accountable, and make it if cryptocurrency becomes mainstream with a basket of currencies. I'm not telling you what choice to make, but a lot of people who are still here are here for that same bet (whether it's wise or otherwise none of us know).

Part of me wants the price to drop to 1 satoshi so that we can provide the ultimate proof and continue building with the premine still in position, but we don't want to lose everyone who has stuck with us or let down those who spend real money on this as a vote of confidence. That all being said, over the weekend we will flesh out the premine, the plans, the strategy behind it and where/what we want to spend it on.

whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:30:23 AM

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
austinglobal.tumblr.com

I noticed you all put us at the top of the list! Thanks for the exposure Smiley

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:35:21 AM

We will be completely revamping the public ledger to make it more readable and understandable. We will also publish the excel spreadsheet with every spend on it done since we released - it's at 2400+ entries (names will be removed but addresses will remain).

We released at a time where premines were still acceptable and considered great for long-term development support. However we immediately knew we had to provide a public ledger and transparent/accountable devs (public social media details and real name, etc.) in order to stay competitive compared to coins like EAC. We knew we had to be legitimate if we wanted to be taken seriously. We delivered this.

Since then, the alt-scene has jumped from coins like Coinye (privately premined and dumped), Panda (massively premined and dumped - worst case so far), and now EAC (seems they are constantly dealing with concerns the private premine has been dumped over the last couple of months and the anonymous devs refuse to release any information). The amount of private premines from now dead coins is too many to list at this point. Premines are hated now because all the scam coins have come and gone leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth (while the legitimate ones that delivered what they actually wanted are still here suffering because these made the wrong choice in supporting private premines by anonymous players with shady backgrounds in an attempt to game the system and make easy money).

We know this has hurt the image of premines. What is frustrating for us is that while miners/supporters cry out for exactly what we delivered, they really just want to jump on the next bandwagon and get rich quick so ultimately they don't really care (excuse the cynicism). I personally feel it is unfair to be lumped in with scam coins when we have provided everything that was demanded.

Without the premine, we would not be supporting charities to do good and get exposure, we could not provide 10% discounts or fund the marketplace, and we would not be promoting on multiple channels as we simply would not have the funds to do so. It's easy for big miners with big rigs to point at us and say mine it yourself and support the coin, but to be frank with you guys we are not wealthy, we are not miners, my graphics card pulls 400khs. There are coins out there with 40x our cap now who can't put together enough to fund anything, can't develop infrastructure or merchants or a marketplace. If you dig deep and read the threads and their fundraising campaigns you will realise this. We have to stick to our initial plan of having a premine to bounty for and provide just that in a transparent manner. Things have changed since BTC and LTC, and miners and newcomers do not want to spend a dime or give in this environment or take risks that might interfere with 'profit'. They want everyone else to spend theirs and reap the rewards should the price rise.

Our initial plan was to spend about 10% of the premine a month to support a huge amount of development and handsomly reward anyone who wanted to build something also. To this day we've spent 10% of it month one and about 7% of it in month two - we will release the sheets/update the public ledger to show this. I don't know of many coins doing this - they are staying private or not building anything at all. I can tell you one thing I know for certain now (and hopefully the sheet shows this): coins that say 1% or 0.5% of premine (private) to be used for giveaways/promo etc. and people believe that because it's so small are getting fooled. If we did just 1% on release and actually dumped any of it (even slowly over a month) during the high weeks we would not have to work for two years and I could be on a beach right now.

We want to spend this, we want to build stuff: but the current state of exchanges taking in flavour of the week, bought coins and 'scam' coins and not even listing us for vote after being here for 2 months with a public ledger that is still legit and myself not remaining anonymous means we have no volume or buy support to reward anyone in BTC or otherwise without crashing the price and getting labelled a scam like PandaCoin. We are worlds apart and still trying to prove ourselves so that we get attention from a big player who doesn't want to abuse us for short-term profit like the rest. The development map is there, the rewards are there, and people will come as crypto grows and this game of deceit and anonymous scam artists comes to an end. Sooner or later this scene will cannibalise itself or start regulating/holding higher standards to save itself. When that day comes, either we all lose no matter what coin we support (cannibalise) or the coins that did things the right way will win.

Cynically I have come to realise (and we all know this), and I'll be real with you here: Noone cares about crypto anymore, this place is a herd of sheep being pushed around by rich p&dumpers and taken advantage of as they try and get rich quick. If they aren't sheep, they are smarter wolves and miners using popular and profitable coins to make cash. If they aren't sheep or wolves, they are rich whales laughing all the way to the bank as they lead pigs to slaughter. I don't really blame them, but we're not running away or budging because of it. We aren't budging from our initial 'noble' plan and intentions - we're going to continue to work on building something that works as both a currency and a commodity. There are some big people out there with big plans that I have become aware of - and our game plan is to survive, remain professional, transparent and accountable, and make it if cryptocurrency becomes mainstream with a basket of currencies. I'm not telling you what choice to make, but a lot of people who are still here are here for that same bet (whether it's wise or otherwise none of us know).

Part of me wants the price to drop to 1 satoshi so that we can provide the ultimate proof and continue building with the premine still in position, but we don't want to lose everyone who has stuck with us or let down those who spend real money on this as a vote of confidence. That all being said, over the weekend we will flesh out the premine, the plans, the strategy behind it and where/what we want to spend it on.

As usual Transparent, on point and truthful. Bravo, I for one will stay until the end whichever way it is.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:38:10 AM

We released at a time where premines were still acceptable and considered great for long-term development report. However we immediately knew we had to provide a public ledger and transparent/accountable devs (public social media details and real name, etc.) in order to stay competitive compared to coins like EAC. We knew we had to be legitimate if we wanted to be taken seriously. We delivered this.

Since then, the alt-scene has jumped from coins like Coinye (privately premined and dumped), Panda (massively premined and dumped - worst case so far), and now EAC (seems they are constantly dealing with concerns the private premine has been dumped over the last couple of months and the anonymous devs refuse to release any information). The amount of private premines from now dead coins is too many to list at this point.

We want to spend this, we want to build stuff: but the current state of exchanges taking in flavour of the week, bought coins and 'scam' coins and not even listing us for vote after being here for 2 months with a public ledger that is still legit and myself not remaining anonymous means we have no volume or buy support to reward anyone in BTC or otherwise without crashing the price and getting labelled a scam like PandaCoin. We are worlds apart and still trying to prove ourselves so that we get attention from a big player who doesn't want to abuse us for short-term profit like the rest. The development map is there, the rewards are there, and people will come as crypto grows and this game of deceit and anonymous scam artists comes to an end. Sooner or later this scene will cannibalise itself or start regulating/holding higher standards to save itself. When that day comes, either we all lose no matter what coin we support (cannibalise) or the coins that did things the right way will win.

Thank you Rofo for your response. I really appreciate your candor on this matter. And I appreciate how much thought you continue to put into this crypto-currency.

I definitely agree that there is a vast chasm between how you guys have done it and how many other dev teams have done it (maybe someone can write up something on this). I definitely don't blame the nuanced cynicism within your post. You guys really have built quality infrastructure around NOBLE but yet many others write this crypto-currency and its community off.

As a note, my post wasn't meant to instigate any negativity and I hope it wasn't taken that way. I just want to continue to critically look at things and provide feedback based on what I see. In this particular case, I just wanted to note down my thoughts on the alt-coin scene in relation to Noblecoin and a possible challenge I see for the community in the near future driven by recent happenings. And frankly, the more polished and refined the response is the stronger I feel the community will look. I definitely don't blame any slowdown in use of the reserves, the current BTC rate makes it essentially fool-hardy to disburse it at a quick rate (a significantly lower return which doesn't make sense). I know that you guys will continue to monitor the situation and lead the community in the best direction.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 02:40:47 AM

No negativity taken mate, we're just making sure we address the key concerns at this point. Smiley Sometimes we just have to provide a few angles to explain our approach as best we can and it generally then works itself out. The public ledger could definitely do with an overhaul and update though, so we will be working on that and providing the excel spreadsheet with every expense since.

PeterPalmBeach

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 02:48:31 AM

We released at a time where premines were still acceptable and considered great for long-term development report. However we immediately knew we had to provide a public ledger and transparent/accountable devs (public social media details and real name, etc.) in order to stay competitive compared to coins like EAC. We knew we had to be legitimate if we wanted to be taken seriously. We delivered this.

Since then, the alt-scene has jumped from coins like Coinye (privately premined and dumped), Panda (massively premined and dumped - worst case so far), and now EAC (seems they are constantly dealing with concerns the private premine has been dumped over the last couple of months and the anonymous devs refuse to release any information). The amount of private premines from now dead coins is too many to list at this point.

Cynically I have come to realise (and we all know this), and I'll be real with you here: Noone cares about crypto anymore, this place is a herd of sheep being pushed around by rich p&dumpers and taken advantage of as they try and get rich quick. If they aren't sheep, they are smarter wolves and miners using popular and profitable coins to make cash. I don't really blame them, but we're not running away or budging because of it. We aren't budging from our initial 'noble' plan and intentions - we're going to push on working on building something that works as both a currency and a commodity. There are some big people out there with big plans that I have become aware of - and our game plan is to survive, remain professional, transparent and accountable, and make it if cryptocurrency becomes mainstream with a basket of currencies. I'm not telling you what choice to make, but a lot of people who are still here are here for that same bet (whether it's wise or otherwise none of us know).

Thank you Rofo. For most of us and I we BELIEVE in this coin and price does not matter at this point.
I'll support it, mine it (small) and buy it at any "reasonable" price (especially todays prices).
You have done tremendous job so far and I know you will continue doing so.
There is so much going on in todays alt coin markets.
Most come and go but the real ones will stay.
I know this is THE one and we'll all laugh about todays situation (looking back at those old posts) few months from now... All the best.
AdamT

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 04:49:28 AM

I'm confident the price will rise back up to were it should be (~150 satoshis) once some legit exchanges come online, like lazycoins and agx.io. From there who knows where it'll go, but there's always the moon Smiley
Grrizz

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:13:12 AM

Thanks for the update Rofo, it always does wonders when you see an active dev even when times are down, I have supported this coin from day one and intend to continue as it is still one of, if not the only, coin I have seen that has continuously done right by its community and that IMO is key to making a coin with a future.
agx.io

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 05:21:07 AM

@Peter, @whylie - thanks for the kind words! We'll be announcing a launch date very soon. Watch this thread for the news!
Cyber_Punk

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:55:33 AM

Just started mining this coin seems promising wish I would have found this about a month ago when I started mining.  Any reason why I tried to sign up at the site to use the forums and I still did not get a registration email with my password?
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:25:19 AM

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:32:12 AM

Just started mining this coin seems promising wish I would have found this about a month ago when I started mining.  Any reason why I tried to sign up at the site to use the forums and I still did not get a registration email with my password?

You are not too late.. With the current state of the alt scene diff is low atm, so you can rack in some noble!

Also, to get you started, why dont you submit a meme to our contest?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504414.0
murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:44:51 AM

We know this has hurt the image of premines. What is frustrating for us is that while miners/supporters cry out for exactly what we delivered, they really just want to jump on the next bandwagon and get rich quick so ultimately they don't really care (excuse the cynicism). I personally feel it is unfair to be lumped in with scam coins when we have provided everything that was demanded.

Right on target!  Its human nature, biology leading the way. Im still holding but of course would love Noble to hit 10 cents in the short term,  the sky in long term.

Voted and have been moving miners around a few pools, after the pool I used from coin release sadly closed, had some dramas with no transactions showing up Sad but still going.

Great update rofo many thanks Smiley

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

Congratulations!

The times are hard for all altcoins but we are doing pretty well.
The price stabilised.
DEV is active.
Community is very supportive.

Keep the good work!

The one thing I am against is being added to Cryptsy. We definitely don't want that. Cryptsy immediately kills all the coins added to it. Just look at the charts.

Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: