Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052962 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
luckycoin1

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:48:47 AM

what would be needed to start a pool similar to the multicoin pools that payout in BTC but payout in NOBL??

I wouldn't mind putting up some finances into this if needed
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:07:44 AM

what would be needed to start a pool similar to the multicoin pools that payout in BTC but payout in NOBL??

I had this exact same thing in my mind last night. Thought I don't know anything about setting pools.. I didn't mention this yesterday because I thought that if people interested in Noble would start mining multicoins in this kind of pool, then Noble's net hashrate and difficulty would go down and there could be some serious hoarding happening after that. But if more and more people get interested in mining Noble or in the Noble's multicoin pool, then this hoarding would not be problem.

Noblecoin
whylieaboutcake

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:12:23 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 03:30:49 AM by whylieaboutcake

I had this exact same thing in my mind last night. Thought I don't know anything about setting pools.. I didn't mention this yesterday because I thought that if people interested in Noble would start mining multicoins in this kind of pool, then Noble's net hashrate and difficulty would go down and there could be some serious hoarding happening after that. But if more and more people get interested in mining Noble or in the Noble's multicoin pool, then this hoarding would not be problem.
The other problem is there aren't any XXXX to NOBL exchanges. So you'd have to convert whatever coins you mine into Bitcoin, then back into Noble. There would be double the fees from a normal multipool BUT it would provide more buy support for Noble...

TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:50:54 AM

https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Last vote before bed. Night shift is over and it's 7 am, see you later guys.

Noblecoin
Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 06:25:31 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 06:51:04 AM by Tweek

Why is the old logo back on coinwarz?

Sorry guys, we've kept the 'N' as it is the most widely recognized symbol for Noble now. We love the eagle design but when shrunk it looks quite dark, brooding and hard to make out for those who don't recognize NobleCoin. The N sits well next to B(itcoin), D(ogecoin), L(itecoin) etc.
Do you think it might be good to have them add our price/volume from AGX? I'm not sure if they would, but we have twice as much volume and usually a higher price.
Nope it is not possible yet as AGX does not have a trade API. There is no way cor Coinwarz (or my site CoinTweak) to get the data from their website.

EDIT: maybe you can support this ticket to show that you want it Smiley https://agx.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200876783-Public-market-API?locale=en-us

fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 07:39:45 AM

I agree, I thought we would be ahead of Worldcoin considering how far the coin has come since launch.  And Maxcoin??? Really???
Worldcoin & Maxcoin both have fairly large communities and trading volume, Maxcoin daily trading volume is regularly in the hundreds of BTC (at [a href=https://mcxnow.com/?r=fairglu]mcxnow[/url]), so they're not going anywhere.
And anyway, I don't think dissing other coins is a good way to promote - even if it can be a good way to vent frustration, I'll agree to that Wink

I think 'Rome wasn't built in a day' is really starting to apply to us more than it ever could.
This is the spirit. Bearish markets are a time of turmoil... and a good opportunity to prove your mettle!

Now the real question is not what VoS, MintPal or anybody else can do for NOBL, but rather what NOBL can do for them (and everyone).

Build value, and they'll come. Beg and they'll run.

Speaking of which, is there a high res version of the coin eagle or old logo?
The 'N' one looks a bit bland, and the new darker logo doesn't look good in small version (not enough contrast).
I'd like to give a try at a higher contrast version of the old logo (sort of a mix between old and new artistic).
Or maybe this could be an opportunity for a logo competition?

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:52:19 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 09:21:30 AM by james6546

I agree, I thought we would be ahead of Worldcoin considering how far the coin has come since launch.  And Maxcoin??? Really???
Worldcoin & Maxcoin both have fairly large communities and trading volume, Maxcoin daily trading volume is regularly in the hundreds of BTC (at [a href=https://mcxnow.com/?r=fairglu]mcxnow[/url]), so they're not going anywhere.
And anyway, I don't think dissing other coins is a good way to promote - even if it can be a good way to vent frustration, I'll agree to that Wink

I think 'Rome wasn't built in a day' is really starting to apply to us more than it ever could.
This is the spirit. Bearish markets are a time of turmoil... and a good opportunity to prove your mettle!

Now the real question is not what VoS, MintPal or anybody else can do for NOBL, but rather what NOBL can do for them (and everyone).

Build value, and they'll come. Beg and they'll run.

Speaking of which, is there a high res version of the coin eagle or old logo?
The 'N' one looks a bit bland, and the new darker logo doesn't look good in small version (not enough contrast).
I'd like to give a try at a higher contrast version of the old logo (sort of a mix between old and new artistic).
Or maybe this could be an opportunity for a logo competition?

I do see what you mean about the trading volume and after looking at the coins that were chosen I can see why they were. It is just a shame that they didn't take a bit more of a risk on less well known coins.

I think that is a good idea, the dark logo is great (I like the attitude), and the N one is ok, but I think a high res mix between the dark one and the old logo would look better for smaller applications.

Edit: or maybe a slightly "jazzed" up N logo? Ugh I used the word jazzed...
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 09:23:07 AM

I think that is a good idea, the dark logo is great (I like the attitude), and the N one is ok, but I think a high res mix between the dark one and the old logo would look better for smaller applications.
Quick try at small version of the dark logo, http://imgur.com/wPxeL4p

The eagle can still be recognized, and with extra work it could be made even cleaner. Bigger logo could be adjusted as well to have more "oomph" on the contrast side.

The bright "coin circle" should probably be thinned. On white background it shouldn't stand out, and on dark background it'll make the coin more visible.

james6546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:50:08 AM

Quick try at small version of the dark logo, http://imgur.com/wPxeL4p

The eagle can still be recognized, and with extra work it could be made even cleaner. Bigger logo could be adjusted as well to have more "oomph" on the contrast side.

The bright "coin circle" should probably be thinned. On white background it shouldn't stand out, and on dark background it'll make the coin more visible.

I like it.

Could be mistaken for an angel though?!
fairglu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 10:18:22 AM

Could be, indeed, the only difference between an angel and an eagle is the head, which here is too small.
But an angel would still be okay, no? Smiley

james6546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

Could be, indeed, the only difference between an angel and an eagle is the head, which here is too small.
But an angel would still be okay, no? Smiley

Yeah, I think it is good. The design makes the eagle stand out, even on a tiny image.

Well so far there isn't an AngelCoin as far as I know, so we should be ok Smiley
123miner

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:57:20 AM

nob.pool.mn invites you to mine NobleCoin! 0% fee!
At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

+1
Hi i'm mining Noble in your pool and i feel all alone Cheesy

I'm having issue with wallet sync on win 8.1 , i added .conf file inside ...Roaming/Noblecoin dir and added to it all nodes that i found in the first page of this post but no active network connections in 10 minutes. what should i do ?

Hi Smiley

Haven't really had any problems getting the wallet to sync, make sure you have all of the nodes from the first page added (I use the debug window to add them)then try deleting the peers.dat file from in the appdata folder. I can probably get you a list of the nodes I use if it still isn't working.

Edit: was being dumb and didn't read that you had already added the nodes off the first page, try deleting the peers.dat file and then leave it for a while

deleted and waiting, 5 minutes and still 0 connections, i'll wait a bit more then i'll burn my laptop and this hotel with its damn ***** internet connection Cheesy
Maybe your firewall blocks connections to noblecoin-qt ?

Hi everyone, i still have problem with wallet sync, my windows's firewall is ok (allow public and private) and i suppose connection is ok too because i tried with few different wallet and all of them worked fine.
Any other suggestions ?
james6546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:23:51 AM

At pool.mn branded pools you will enjoy 0% fee and 100% uptime as ~2Gh/s worth of miners all over the world do!

+1

I'm having issue with wallet sync on win 8.1 , i added .conf file inside ...Roaming/Noblecoin dir and added to it all nodes that i found in the first page of this post but no active network connections in 10 minutes. what should i do ?

Hi Smiley

Haven't really had any problems getting the wallet to sync, make sure you have all of the nodes from the first page added (I use the debug window to add them)then try deleting the peers.dat file from in the appdata folder. I can probably get you a list of the nodes I use if it still isn't working.

Edit: was being dumb and didn't read that you had already added the nodes off the first page, try deleting the peers.dat file and then leave it for a while

deleted and waiting, 5 minutes and still 0 connections, i'll wait a bit more then i'll burn my laptop and this hotel with its damn ***** internet connection Cheesy

Hi everyone, i still have problem with wallet sync, my windows's firewall is ok (allow public and private) and i suppose connection is ok too because i tried with few different wallet and all of them worked fine.
Any other suggestions ?

Ok, can someone else confirm this. If I go to my wallet and type getpeerinfo it should give me a list of nodes I am connected to shouldn't it?

Then you should be able to just add the ones I am connected to
james6546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:27:49 AM

hy my name iwan, i'm a student..
I so interest with cryptocurrency, but i don't have enough money to buy a good computer PC for mining (i just have one old laptop)..
know i just collecting coin from FAUCET and BOUNTY.. i have a dream "one day i can buy good computer PC for mining"..
please help me.. sorry if this is disturbing, and thank you very much if you help me. Smiley

BITECOIN           : 1HbFkZXhdPoPZ2jvSvALh5Sm49neqhGy3t
LITECOIN         : LaJ4S5sGZb5Cr3AyPpZQrUXbDPaMp2gjjt
DOGE              : DMjJh2ctLVSjMwUuupTz16ycJ4X988jSst
COIN2      : S4Bs2SxmwRAjSqZRrAdfhA3GDGanPv6jwe
COINO      : UP7a6pES5SED9SX42MJPUiLQFFbHrm4pN5
SOLARCOIN     : 8NA2BGkx9UJ6RA35ocZHjnc5b6kjxqVczq
ROTOCOIN (RT2)   : RnKXaLRyQhZHt3a4ZS3eNiYL7YKKW9fMpY
LOTTOCOIN           : LmRpLrMqzLh91k8zs4Vuxi6kJnEL8FK31M
NUTCOIN      : NLfiriJAPouFidBMqmWmKPbCPUVEN9oyDy

It is indeed disturbing!

Edit: you didn't even put your Noble address on the list!
Tweek

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:28:46 AM

hy my name iwan, i'm a student..
I so interest with cryptocurrency, but i don't have enough money to buy a good computer PC for mining (i just have one old laptop)..
know i just collecting coin from FAUCET and BOUNTY.. i have a dream "one day i can buy good computer PC for mining"..
please help me.. sorry if this is disturbing, and thank you very much if you help me. Smiley

BITECOIN           : 1HbFkZXhdPoPZ2jvSvALh5Sm49neqhGy3t
LITECOIN         : LaJ4S5sGZb5Cr3AyPpZQrUXbDPaMp2gjjt
DOGE              : DMjJh2ctLVSjMwUuupTz16ycJ4X988jSst
COIN2      : S4Bs2SxmwRAjSqZRrAdfhA3GDGanPv6jwe
COINO      : UP7a6pES5SED9SX42MJPUiLQFFbHrm4pN5
SOLARCOIN     : 8NA2BGkx9UJ6RA35ocZHjnc5b6kjxqVczq
ROTOCOIN (RT2)   : RnKXaLRyQhZHt3a4ZS3eNiYL7YKKW9fMpY
LOTTOCOIN           : LmRpLrMqzLh91k8zs4Vuxi6kJnEL8FK31M
NUTCOIN      : NLfiriJAPouFidBMqmWmKPbCPUVEN9oyDy

It is indeed disturbing!
Exactly, I don't even see a Noble address on there!

1Kb

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:33:13 AM

any such message indicates having the resources to actually mine. Although not at high speeds, but still.
Tweek

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:34:24 AM

any such message indicates having the resources to actually mine. Although not at high speeds, but still.
Especially if you can run all those wallets at the same time!

123miner

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:52:50 AM

+1

Hi Smiley

Any other suggestions ?

Ok, can someone else confirm this. If I go to my wallet and type getpeerinfo it should give me a list of nodes I am connected to shouldn't it?

i got this :

19:48:36

Welcome to the NobleCoin RPC console.
Use up and down arrows to navigate history, and Ctrl-L to clear screen.
Type help for an overview of available commands.

19:49:26

getpeerinfo

[
]
james6546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:02:24 PM

+1

Hi Smiley

Any other suggestions ?

i got this :

getpeerinfo

[
]

I will try setting up a new wallet on a different machine and will let you know if it connects or not
james6546

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:08:38 PM

+1

Hi Smiley

Any other suggestions ?

i got this :

getpeerinfo

[
]

I will try setting up a new wallet on a different machine and will let you know if it connects or not

Ok, so I just installed a new wallet and it worked fine. I got the one off the Noblemovement.com site. I guess it has to be something to do with your connection?

When I type getpeerinfo I get:
[
{
"addr" : "173.209.110.254:55884",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1395749260,
"lastrecv" : 1395749261,
"conntime" : 1395749178,
"version" : 60001,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:1.0.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"releasetime" : 0,
"startingheight" : 109297,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "220.246.163.233:55884",
"lastsend" : 1395749283,
"lastrecv" : 1395749281,
"conntime" : 1395749224,
"startingheight" : 109297,
},
{
"addr" : "128.127.39.118:55884",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1395749224,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1395749224,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"startingheight" : -1,
},
{
"addr" : "94.156.18.107:55884",
"lastsend" : 1395749281,
"lastrecv" : 1395749282,
"conntime" : 1395749248,
"startingheight" : 109299,
},
{
"addr" : "198.53.241.4:55884",
"lastsend" : 1395749272,
"lastrecv" : 1395749272,
"conntime" : 1395749260,
"startingheight" : 109300,
},
{
"addr" : "98.180.35.68:55884",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1395749277,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"conntime" : 1395749277,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"startingheight" : -1,
}
]
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: