Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:38:02 PM

i have been mining at nobl.hash.so no problems so far. havent seen any downtime or delays with payment.
I have already found over 500 noblecoin blocks. prior to noble i was also mining some other coins there.
so this place has my trust

Ooohh, second copied advert for this pool on the same page.

This pool can't be a scam too?? I cant see another reason why you would create multiple accounts to promote your pool though...
Hash.so is a rather large pool though, CoinTweak uses their api for a few coins to get the difficulty and blockcount. I love how a single account works for all their pools!

Yeah, I withdraw my comment on that!

Seems that a "spambot" has copied a random users post for no particular reason as far as I can see!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 01:25:36 PM

Tested out the NOBL marketplace yesterday. Got a $5 Amazon card in about an hour. Worked like a charm! Awesome service guys!
123miner

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:15:31 PM

i'm actually mining here : http://noble.idcray.com
pool is running fast and smooth for me (from EU) actually around 3% of rejected shares and maybe for my faulty settings but higher hashrate (+0,5-1%) compared to other 3-4 pools that i tried
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:17:42 PM

Time for X11? ASIC's and one hit multi's looking for targets.

Most coins are getting protected and now that doge is the field of targets has diminished considerably.

Rofo you need to seriously think on this. This coin cannot afford to be massively dumped.

Yesterday Dif rose to 7.5 then dropped to 2 or so so they are getting a quicker switching algorithm that is getting around the 1 dif retarget.

AFA Pools. I have used Poolerino from day 1 and have never had an issue (Except that pita invalid token so i have to enter the friggin captcha twice every friggin time). And Mike is always available and a supporter and follower of this thread. I can also vouch for Hash.So, I use it alot when I am fast switching coins.

We need the P2pool setup. I miss the days I could code. Never grow old and broken.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
mad4coins

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

can someone tell me what it means to have my coins orphaned, still finding my feet, thanks for the imput
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:37:09 PM

can someone tell me what it means to have my coins orphaned, still finding my feet, thanks for the imput

It means someone else mined them as well but beat you to the punch when it comes to being confirmed so even though you found them someone else that also found them got verified first and got the credit.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
iwandhdumas2003

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:37:59 PM

I also need a lot of help
The people in the communities are good people
They can help us
iwandhdumas2003

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:40:39 PM

true, if you got alot of bitcoins you can upvote your coin on mintpal that's how it goes..

let's hope that agx.io grows, if they do it will be a chance for nobl. as well

It is a chance?
Hope that its growth will not let us wait for a long time
Waiting is the most painful matter
AdamT

Activity: 486

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:58:22 PM

Most coins are getting protected and now that doge is the field of targets has diminished considerably.

Rofo you need to seriously think on this. This coin cannot afford to be massively dumped.

Yesterday Dif rose to 7.5 then dropped to 2 or so so they are getting a quicker switching algorithm that is getting around the 1 dif retarget.

AFA Pools. I have used Poolerino from day 1 and have never had an issue (Except that pita invalid token so i have to enter the friggin captcha twice every friggin time). And Mike is always available and a supporter and follower of this thread. I can also vouch for Hash.So, I use it alot when I am fast switching coins.

We need the P2pool setup. I miss the days I could code. Never grow old and broken.

These scrypt ASICs are gonna totally decimate the entire altcoin market unless coins take steps to protect themselves.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:09:02 PM

true, if you got alot of bitcoins you can upvote your coin on mintpal that's how it goes..

let's hope that agx.io grows, if they do it will be a chance for nobl. as well

It is a chance?
Hope that its growth will not let us wait for a long time
Waiting is the most painful matter

Don't fool yourself. If you can't wait then quit now. The entire Alt scene is crumbling right now. There is NO "quick money" to be had. This scene has been raped by Scam coins, Scam Pools, trojans, hardware gouging and Insecure/Scaming exchanges (did I forget anything?). And now the Governments are trying to figure out how to get their piece of the crumbs.

Don't get me wrong, the scene and This coin in particular will survive. But it is not for the faint of heart and there will be a few months of consolidation while coins die and the witch-hunts are about to start.

We are just seeing the first season of V-coin soap opera coming live to you from BitcoinTalk TV without commercial interruption. Smiley

Tweek

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:18:58 PM

These scrypt ASICs are gonna totally decimate the entire altcoin market unless coins take steps to protect themselves.
That wouldn't even make sense... People pay big cash for those ASIC miners, why would they destroy the coins they mine. They need to get their investment money back. Coins will however have to prove themselves more then ever because the weak and unsupported coins may not survive it. And the coins you are mining right now might even be worth a lot more because there will be a much much higher difficulty and a lot less people will be able to mine. Sure, in the transition period where only a few ASICs are out the difficulty will be in between and you get mined away by them but once the market settles and adjusts to these new changes the stronger coins will live.

murkster

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 05:29:21 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 05:41:13 PM by murkster

The  64 MHs..!! miner that appeared didn't stay long (thank fu*k) but as already mentioned, they will screw the alt scene one litecoin is destroyed.. There is a window ATM to do something. This could be a great thing to implement X11 it will draw more to this coin as others get screwed, and other developments could be implemented while we have this dip in the market.

P.S.

51% attacks will now be a real problem...... Sad

(edited due to being to lazy to properly read thread)

~NOBLE: 9nob1eN1GAte3sbZsfPDkw74JDxT2hbXRo ~
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:31:49 PM

ASIC = Good for the rich and the little guy that got in early.... Bad for the rest.
CR7xMarcelo

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:59:24 PM

Why did the difficulty drop to 2.5?

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:03:36 PM

The  64 MHs..!! miner that appeared didn't stay long (thank fu*k) but as already mentioned, they will screw the alt scene one litecoin is destroyed.. There is a window ATM to do something. This could be a great thing to implement X11 it will draw more to this coin as others get screwed, and other developments could be implemented while we have this dip in the market.

P.S.

51% attacks will now be a real problem...... Sad

(edited due to being to lazy to properly read thread)
In terms of security there is a lot of issues with virtually every coin in the alt-coin scene. Because of the lack of security (many different coins all sharing the same the same hashing algorithm) I see a lot of coins needing to implement new things. Although there is a lot of stigma against ASICs, they play a very fundamental role in securing a blockchain in a decentralized manner. The addition of specialized hardware/software inherently adds to the value of a technology. This is what happened to Bitcoin. The advent of ASICs played the biggest fundamental role in making it one of the most secure blockchains (if not the most secure blockchain) in the world.

Unfortunately, the way I see it, all of the alt-currencies will continue to remain insecure. Because people can fork coins using a new algorithm (assuming they are open source), even new algorithms are no longer safe from this security risk. From the perspective of security, the only way to make a blockchain "secure" is to release a chain that either is continuously backed up on a server (I think NEC did this) or to develop a new algorithm that remains closed source until the network grows strong enough. After all, only one coin can be made truly secure with each algorithm. But these two methods come with serious drawbacks (centralization primarily which is kinda against the tenets of a crypto-currency and with the backup method, the backup needs to be secure). I know that there is also PoS as a security measure, but it hasn't been fully tested as a viable option.

I definitely agree that this is something that the development team needs to consider closely. However, I will say that switching from one algorithm to another isn't always the best way to go about it.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:04:33 PM

That wouldn't even make sense... People pay big cash for those ASIC miners, why would they destroy the coins they mine. They need to get their investment money back. Coins will however have to prove themselves more then ever because the weak and unsupported coins may not survive it. And the coins you are mining right now might even be worth a lot more because there will be a much much higher difficulty and a lot less people will be able to mine. Sure, in the transition period where only a few ASICs are out the difficulty will be in between and you get mined away by them but once the market settles and adjusts to these new changes the stronger coins will live.

You my friend are making the assumption that people as a whole are intelligent enough to realize this when it has been proven time and time again there are those that will destroy the long term for short term gains. You can see this anywhere throughout history and I doubt I have to point out examples of current events to show this has not changed. Wink

It took me a lifetime to realize just how moronic the general population really is.

hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:38:04 PM

You my friend are making the assumption that people as a whole are intelligent enough to realize this when it has been proven time and time again there are those that will destroy the long term for short term gains. You can see this anywhere throughout history and I doubt I have to point out examples of current events to show this has not changed. Wink

It took me a lifetime to realize just how moronic the general population really is.

I tend to agree with you that a lot of people will destroy the long-term for short-term gains. However, I think that ASICs will spike up a select few sCrypt-based coins. It’s strange , in this realm, usually what has happened with a spike in price followed by a crash. That said, I think there will be a few coins that will benefit from the introduction of ASICs. The technology invested into making a secure network isn’t a small amount and traditionally markets follow suit. At some point though, if there are too many algorithms, I could envision coins being in a similar boat that we are already in.
james6546

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:29:24 PM

Ok, so this is a one time only offer. The first 10 people to mine on the charity pool at https://nobl.charityminingpools.com and stay on there for at least 24 hours get 1000 noble each.

Either reply on this thread, or PM me.

Under 100kh gets 500 Noble.

James

Edit: No I am not affiliated with the pool, I just hate a good idea going to waste
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:39:41 PM

Ok, so this is a one time only offer. The first 10 people to mine on the charity pool at https://nobl.charityminingpools.com and stay on there for at least 24 hours get 1000 noble each.

James

Edit: No I am not affiliated with the pool, I just hate a good idea going to waste

OK, I'll throw my main card from poolerino on there. whats the addy.

Send the 1k to the water charity.

Just had another card die so down to 2 on my mining rig and it's hitting Doge while price and dif are LOW!

Gigabyte RMA's are slow. 2 cards in as many weeks is lousy.

Anybody else get sticker shock from elec bill this month? :eek: doubled!

james6546

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:44:38 PM

James

OK, I'll throw my main card from poolerino on there. whats the addy.

Send the 1k to the water charity.

Just had another card die so down to 2 on my mining rig and it's hitting Doge while price and dif are LOW!

Gigabyte RMA's are slow. 2 cards in as many weeks is lousy.

Anybody else get sticker shock from elec bill this month? :eek: doubled!

Thanks Smiley

https://nobl.charityminingpools.com

My electric for mine equates to roughly £1 a day. Though I only have 1 280x
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: