Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:09:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052985 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lamosty

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 07:47:35 AM

If a hard fork is issued, currently mined noble coins will be valid after the changes?
Yes, they will all stay valid.

Alright, thanks for the explanation.
a3tje

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:32:55 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 10:01:48 AM by a3tje

What sort of services would you guys like to see from Noblecoin?

I got some coin to invest

Im curious to know that also, we're currently getting pretty nicely set up with merchants, the 'Steps' kickstarter coming this week and plenty of places to buy online with NOBL. You have a bit of a speciality in online games and odds yes?

I'd also ask everyone to start asking their regular BTC/altcoin merchants politely if they would be interested in accepting NOBL and mentioning we're on CoinPayments/Mintpal/AGX. A higher volume exchange like Mintpal and a FinCEN/US-based exchange like AGX.io is looked upon favourably. We will be sending out a professional introduction and request for acceptance to all merchants and services again this week.

For me NobleCoin was the first coin I really believed in and have been trying to support it as much as possible. However in my view we lack a couple of things:

Unique selling point in the market; have been saying this since the beginning we should market our USP. When Darkcoin is really successful because of the security and being anonymous with the "IT" nerds / Reddit people, we could for example be really successful with the regular people as we are transparent and honest / noble.
Target Group; this is related to the USP, as soon as we have that figured out we can market to a specific group. Normally we target a too wide group of people, take Apple for example they take the "young / successful" people. This is the perfect group for them as they have the money for their products and are proud of their product as it fits their lifestyle, this creates the whole hype surrounding their products. Same for Darkcoin, they put their coin as a secret / secure coin (blackmarket kind of thing) that has therefore lots of supporters. We should use our USP to find a group of people that can identify themselves and contact to them about this coin.
Visibility; Where for example is our Facebook page, what about Google+, why I have not seen massive

Consistency When we write about NobleCoin it should be as a community, not as an individual and have the same logo, naming etc.
NobleCoin; Please get the word out that the official name is NobleCoin (with upper C and written together) and the trading name is Nobl. We might know this but this is not clear for everybody and I see many people (including myself) not writing it exactly.
Frontpage; The frontpage of Noblemovement should give information that the "Target group" is interested in. Now it's pretty much technical information about the coin, instead of marketing info like; Welcome to the website of NobleCoin, the coin that sets itself apart by being open and bla bla bla....
Logo; Have been talking about this before, there can only be 1 logo of the coin. This logo should be used EVERYWHERE, probably we should also create something as a "NobleCoin" watermark, where you can add the NobleCoin logo to your own "picture" or whatever

Tools / Services We have a lot of tools that are just not visible, an example is this is website that uses Mintpal:
http://ticker.allcryptocoins.ca/# or even better http://tools.noblemovement.com/
Also CoinTweak has some tools (as the calculator) but I have not seen a page that gives all these tools. Why is this not on the Noblemovement website, where is the information about what is being developed? Every coin has something as a "What to come/ development" information so investors or interested people can see quickly what the future brings.
Forgotten things; In the past there was a Newspaper, why did that stop and is the design still ready? Maybe we should create a page where people can "email" or "pick up"  projects that the current community just simply can't fulfill.

The future of NobleCoin is bright, I think the NobleSteps website is a really good thing, in my opinion we should create more "separate" sites. So we could have 1 site for the "Developers / IT people / Miners", one for Investors/ Merchants / Normal people, 1 for the community / people who want to help and of course the NobleSteps site for charities. This would make it more easy for the specific group to find information about the coin. These sites should cooperate and all be there for NobleCoin but are there specifically for a group.
Please do a google search on NobleCoin and use the links to find out what NobleCoin is.... Imagine you see the name NobleCoin and are interested, so you use google what is the result? Personally if it takes more than 5 minutes to understand a search I am not interested, why would anybody else want to read a forum (bitcointalk) and a website to decide if they should invest or start using NobleCoin? I think a bit improvement is if we should try to get Google results specific for a group, as I said before with the specific sites / information pages.

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
fairglu
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1030

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 09:48:06 AM

As a counter-weight to other coins "darksend" and other anonymity, what about a "noble send"?

The idea would be that for a "noble send" the client wouldn't create a random change address, but just send the change back to the largest original input. This would make exploring fund usage for public charity/funds trivial.

Currently, if you have an address "9PublicFund" with 1000 NOBL, and you send to "9NobleCause", the client will currently generate a transaction with the following outputs

• 10 NOBL to "9NobleCause"
  • 900 NOBL to "9newrandomaddress"

This is what makes following funds from reserves so annoying/complicated/obscure in a block explorer (especially when you add combining of change addresses, etc.), though this is just obfuscation, a patient investigator with the right tools can unravel things, but regular people? nope.

Under "noble send", the client would use the following output:

• 10 NOBL to "9NobleCause"
  • 900 NOBL to "9PublicFund"

ie. send back the change coins to the original address. This would make using blockchain explorers as ledgers trivial and easy to follow/understand for everyone.

Regular users wouldn't have to use "Noble send", but it would be good practice for all funds/reserves to use it for their expenses.

james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 09:51:11 AM

Im curious to know that also, we're currently getting pretty nicely set up with merchants, the 'Steps' kickstarter coming this week and plenty of places to buy online with NOBL. You have a bit of a speciality in online games and odds yes?

I'd also ask everyone to start asking their regular BTC/altcoin merchants politely if they would be interested in accepting NOBL and mentioning we're on CoinPayments/Mintpal/AGX. A higher volume exchange like Mintpal and a FinCEN/US-based exchange like AGX.io is looked upon favourably. We will be sending out a professional introduction and request for acceptance to all merchants and services again this week.

For me NobleCoin was the first coin I really believed in and have been trying to support it as much as possible. However in my view we lack a couple of things:

Unique selling point in the market; have been saying this since the beginning we should market our USP. When Blackcoin is really successful because of the security and being anonymous with the "IT" nerds / Reddit people, we could for example be really successful with the regular people as we are transparent and honest / noble.
Target Group; this is related to the USP, as soon as we have that figured out we can market to a specific group. Normally we target a too wide group of people, take Apple for example they take the "young / successful" people. This is the perfect group for them as they have the money for their products and are proud of their product as it fits their lifestyle, this creates the whole hype surrounding their products. Same for Blackcoin, they put their coin as a secret / secure coin (blackmarket kind of thing) that has therefore lots of supporters. We should use our USP to find a group of people that can identify themselves and contact to them about this coin.
Visibility; Where for example is our Facebook page, what about Google+, why I have not seen massive

Consistency When we write about NobleCoin it should be as a community, not as an individual and have the same logo, naming etc.
NobleCoin; Please get the word out that the official name is NobleCoin (with upper C and written together) and the trading name is Nobl. We might know this but this is not clear for everybody and I see many people (including myself) not writing it exactly.
Frontpage; The frontpage of Noblemovement should give information that the "Target group" is interested in. Now it's pretty much technical information about the coin, instead of marketing info like; Welcome to the website of NobleCoin, the coin that sets itself apart by being open and bla bla bla....
Logo; Have been talking about this before, there can only be 1 logo of the coin. This logo should be used EVERYWHERE, probably we should also create something as a "NobleCoin" watermark, where you can add the NobleCoin logo to your own "picture" or whatever

Tools / Services We have a lot of tools that are just not visible, an example is this is website that uses Mintpal:
http://ticker.allcryptocoins.ca/# or even better http://tools.noblemovement.com/
Also CoinTweak has some tools (as the calculator) but I have not seen a page that gives all these tools. Why is this not on the Noblemovement website, where is the information about what is being developed? Every coin has something as a "What to come/ development" information so investors or interested people can see quickly what the future brings.
Forgotten things; In the past there was a Newspaper, why did that stop and is the design still ready? Maybe we should create a page where people can "email" or "pick up"  projects that the current community just simply can't fulfill.

The future of NobleCoin is bright, I think the NobleSteps website is a really good thing, in my opinion we should create more "separate" sites. So we could have 1 site for the "Developers / IT people / Miners", one for Investors/ Merchants / Normal people, 1 for the community / people who want to help and of course the NobleSteps site for charities. This would make it more easy for the specific group to find information about the coin. These sites should cooperate and all be there for NobleCoin but are there specifically for a group.
Please do a google search on NobleCoin and use the links to find out what NobleCoin is.... Imagine you see the name NobleCoin and are interested, so you use google what is the result? Personally if it takes more than 5 minutes to understand a search I am not interested, why would anybody else want to read a forum (bitcointalk) and a website to decide if they should invest or start using NobleCoin? I think a bit improvement is if we should try to get Google results specific for a group, as I said before with the specific sites / information pages.

Hi A3, all great points, especially the standardisation guidelines and selling the USP more.

I think I have said before that the site could do with being friendlier looking for newcomers to the alt scene. For example if I say to a friend that they can get 12% off an Amazon voucher if the buy with NobleCoin, it would make sense that the website would have some steps on how to do that. For example the whole flow from Fiat, all the way to Amazon vouchers. I realise that it is not ideal advertising places where you can convert fiat to BTC, but I think it is needed.

I think TBH that it is a case of Rofo having millions of more important things to do other than keeping the site up to date (sorry if I am putting words in your mouth). But...I don't think members of the community would mind writing articles to help out (again putting words in peoples mouths!)
a3tje

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:38:48 AM

Unique selling point in the market; have been saying this since the beginning we should market our USP. When Blackcoin is really successful because of the security and being anonymous with the "IT" nerds / Reddit people, we could for example be really successful with the regular people as we are transparent and honest / noble.
Target Group; this is related to the USP, as soon as we have that figured out we can market to a specific group. Normally we target a too wide group of people, take Apple for example they take the "young / successful" people. This is the perfect group for them as they have the money for their products and are proud of their product as it fits their lifestyle, this creates the whole hype surrounding their products. Same for Blackcoin, they put their coin as a secret / secure coin (blackmarket kind of thing) that has therefore lots of supporters. We should use our USP to find a group of people that can identify themselves and contact to them about this coin.

Hi A3, all great points, especially the standardisation guidelines and selling the USP more.

I think I have said before that the site could do with being friendlier looking for newcomers to the alt scene. For example if I say to a friend that they can get 12% off an Amazon voucher if the buy with NobleCoin, it would make sense that the website would have some steps on how to do that. For example the whole flow from Fiat, all the way to Amazon vouchers. I realise that it is not ideal advertising places where you can convert fiat to BTC, but I think it is needed.

I think TBH that it is a case of Rofo having millions of more important things to do other than keeping the site up to date (sorry if I am putting words in your mouth). But...I don't think members of the community would mind writing articles to help out (again putting words in peoples mouths!)
Yes I totally agree, I hoped and hinted to Rofo about getting some of the community / Ambassadors (why we don't hear from them) involved. Where is the involvement of the Ambassadors, what are their individual tasks.... we are not really able to reach out to them, as no clear view about them has been "released" yet (except their posts / involvement here).

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:17:57 AM

Small article about the proposed changes : 

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/4/23/noblecoin-changes-coming-reduced-supply-cap-block-rewards-after-hard-fork
kresu

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:02:41 PM

+1
Yes, I was also mentioning it months ago: the welcome page ("landing page") has to be simplified.
It has to aswer these simple questions:
- Why should I invest in Noble? How it's different? It's open (transparent ledger), usable (marketplace and merchants), can be helpful (charities, steps) <- icons, links)
- Where can I buy Noble? <-icons, links
- How to use Noble? <- icons, links (online wallet, downloadable walets + guides)
- How to help Noble grow? <-icons, links (shops, social media links, etc.)

It has to be nice-looking, fast, smooth, fancy animation or icons — something that catches attention from the first moment — I dont know what it would be, I'm not an advertising pro.

Now, there is too much info on the main page (noblemovement) for an average reader (Even for me, and I read a lot) - and the menu structure is too complicated.
I would do such a page, but I'm really bad at it. We need to hire a professional marketing/designer worker who would simplify things and put it all together in a nice infographics (if we don't have such people in our community).

Also, the google searches give very poor results. We have to do something about positioning and making this info easy findable and available. We have to hire some PR/positioning marketing professional. Also, only If we cannot find such pro amongst us — but as I can see, we cannot. All we do is, in my opinion, just not enough (and I also retwit, post on reddit, like on fb, buy on exchanges etc. all the time, like most of us) — we have to reach more people.

All the changes proposed by Rofo, are good, but again, they have to be simplified (put in one sentence) next to the other main features.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:27:38 PM

Hi guys,

Last 36 hours I have been away from my pc and I just read about Rofo's announcement and as far as I can see it's a step forward. To be honest I was a bit hoping for a change to pos. But I am not a technical guy and very well changing to pos might be a bad idea.

The reason for my post is the fact that I read some days ago some posts where communitymembers were asking the dev to change the premine into btc. On this issue, I have an very clear view.
First thing that comes up is of course; when someone is changing noble coins for btc, he is actually saying; I see a better future for btc compared to noble ( otherwise he would have kept the nobles).
From the beginning, I have been supporting noble coin. Reading the bitcointalk forum, I liked the coin, had faith in the dev and still think he does a great job.When noble got listed at coinmarket, I was the guy (noob) that pumped noble from 240 to 320 sat. Then started the big decline to something like 12 sat and I kept accumulating nobles all the time.
I told 8 different people about noble and made them all buy noble coins. I bought gold with noble at coaex and emailed a lot of merchants, asking them if they were willing to sell me their stuff for noble coins. I did these things because I believe in Rofo, I don't invest in noble, I invest people, in this case the dev. Getting noble coin widely known and accepted is important.
Try to imagine how I would feel in the following situation. Recently when noble was listed at mintpal we were trading over a 100 sat. Then we started to go down to 60 and I decided this is enough, I am going to support the coin. I put a 7 btc buywall at poloniex at 58, we went up, I changed to 65, then to 70 and finally to 80. In the meanwhile, I started buying at mintpal as well. We went up to almost a 100 sat, just because I started buying and other people followed. I liked the result, the price went up and we got new people having noble coins. Finally my buywall got broken.  Allthough I had already a lot noble coins, I spend another 12 btc, buying nobles at 80 sat. How would I feel when those coins were sold by the dev of the coin, actually saying buy that shit, btc is a lot better.
How can you ever convince new investors to buy noble coins when a dev himself is selling nobles for btc?
At the moment I have a lot of nobles, too much to sell at a 100 btc volume a day. It's not that I am willing to sell ( I like the way Rofo is doing his job), but it would be more healthier for the coin when I could spread them a bit. For myself I am planning to sell small amounts whenever noble goes  up again above 120 sat or so. I will never sell coins in such an amount that I push the price down ( it's not good for noble and not good for myself). Many coinholders fear big wallets, when they dump, they destroy the price. I can assure you, I will never do that. My wallet is too big to do such a thing. When I sell a small part we are already at 30 sat or so and neither noble nor I would benefit from such an action.
I didn't read any comments from Rofo regarding changing nobles for btc, except the fact that he said that it would have been profitable when he would have done it in the beginning. Of course, we can't deny.
I just hope, that all of us can help, spread the noble coins and get more and more businesses being noble accepted. Now there are just over a 10,000 wallets. Lets all try to tell some friends about noble, lets all try to find new merchants accepting noble, so we will see a nice growth in existing noble wallets.

Therein lies the problems with all altcoins. 99% of them are nothing but scams designed to make the developers 'rich' by converting their scamcoins to BTC. The solutions is simple for Noble.

Instead of Noble to BTC to fiat and fiat to BTC to Noble.

Do Noble to fiat and fiat to Noble.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

a3tje

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:43:53 PM

Therein lies the problems with all altcoins. 99% of them are nothing but scams designed to make the developers 'rich' by converting their scamcoins to BTC. The solutions is simple for Noble.

But how to arrange that....

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:46:58 PM

To sum it up merge mining allows you to mine two or more coins at the same time. Charlie Lee recently made the offer to DOGE to consider merge-mining to increase security of both chains but was turned down (they might come around when DOGE rewards slow down). Every hash a miner does contributes to the total hash of every coin currently being merge mined, making them all more secure. Theoretically, you could mine every scrypt coin at the same time and get rewarded appropriately every time you were responsible for solving a block for any coin you're working. If you merge-mined NOBL, DGB, EAC, USDE, LEAF, LTC & DOGE all day you would end the day with payouts from all those coins equally for your hash (greater returns, although you would be dealing with higher difficulties).

Personally I believe if we are to see many cryptocurrencies together, coins of the same algorithm will be merge-mined together, so all miners are effectively securing and being paid out by all coins at the same time. It is currently much more in use between BTC/SHA than it is with scrypt for now. I don't know how far away that possibility for scrypt is, but it will at least solve a lot of 51% issues and miner competition.

But I guess currently you have to have a master and a slave coin? And noone is going to want to be the slave coin, unless it is under something like LTC.

I realise we all need to work together, but seriously I think we will have problems with this. I also know it doesn't mean anything, but mentally I think it would.

oooohhhhhh woooooaaaahhhh.

What is so Noble about being a slave? not on your nelly, could damage the Noble brand.

..C..

ZBBBB

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:48:47 PM

Man, coming back from the crap I have had to deal with over the last couple weeks, it is such a relief to see how amazing this community is and how forward looking everyone is. It seems we have picked up some new contributors and the feedback and input is amazing. I personally just want to say thank you to everyone who has stuck by Noble and still is here getting their voice heard today. That being said, if there is anything at all you want to see added or any type of project you'd like to see us move towards, or have a specific skill set you have you feel could be used on a project, please reach out to projects@noblemovement.com and I will do my best to coordinate/facilitate the requests. Thanks all!
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:49:29 PM

Just wanted to give you guys some food for thought...

https://twitter.com/miKnutty/status/458750823929872384

@miKnutty " If 500 believers buy .5 BTC worth of @NobleCoin and hold longterm, we will work together to increase our value. "

https://twitter.com/NobleCoin/status/458755753273081856

@NobleCoin " We're always looking for longer-term supporters. We're here to answer tough questions, know us personally, get involved and be rewarded. RT "

If we can build a community who is willing to believe in long-term growth and prosperity we can go above and beyond where we've been in the past.

500 investors at .5 BTC with a price of 50 satoshi is 1 million per investor.
x 500 = 500,000,000 NOBL

That right there accounts for 50% of the total coin supply.

I'll be one of those 500. I already have been with about 8 BTC Smiley
Noblecoin is amazing... I'm not getting a lot of people wanting tips on reddit... We need more exposure.
LethalStriker

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

Better buy Noble now - no longer cheap.
The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:04:08 PM

I must admit that initially I was hoping for PoS as well. But than I realized that PoS is not the holy grail. It is more or less a "sit on your coins" system where you can choose to have an increase of funds at x%. Now i know banks do the same but the are actually doing that with a currency which they use to invest and return some of the profits to the saving accounts. PoS is not using any investment only a mining alternative. So from currency perspective it does not add that much to a (crypto) currency.

Regarding the choices Rofo is presenting, I think they are solid.
Regarding the communities support, well I guess we could take a look at how BlackCoin is operating. How did they manage to get the promotions going for example? Why are so many people talking about anything in their forum. I guess the support should not be just buying and stimulating but making a lot of noise as well....

The problem with POS is that traders can make more money trading rather than earning interest.

When you have coins in your wallet with POS, the price falls and the value of your coins in the wallet falls, POS doesn't compensate for it.

When you put your coins on the exchange to trade, who then gets the POS? The exchange does since they keep your coins in their wallet. Hence why exchanges love to accept POS scamcoins quickly and ignore solid quality coins like Noble.

..C..

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:20:26 PM

Through an exchange.

Has anyone ever proposed those exchanges to allow conversion between Noble and fiat as well as BTC and fiat.

..C..

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:23:48 PM

Now, there is too much info on the main page (noblemovement) for an average reader (Even for me, and I read a lot) - and the menu structure is too complicated.
I would do such a page, but I'm really bad at it. We need to hire a professional marketing/designer worker who would simplify things and put it all together in a nice infographics (if we don't have such people in our community).

I agree with you there. The main page should be simple and basic and all the rest be on Noble website. The website can be structured and flexible thus any beginners can easily understand what Noble is all about.

..C..

Mikellev

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 01:24:19 PM

Through an exchange.

Has anyone ever proposed those exchanges to allow conversion between Noble and fiat as well as BTC and fiat.

IF - then talk to kraken.
majorminers

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:01:11 PM

Now you can mine Noblecoin on our Multipool - http://mp.majorminers.com/

Just add your wallet address and go.  Grin

The One
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:06:12 PM

NOBL 1.1 Hard Fork Specifications

In summary: June/July fork: total coins to 5 billion, 'smooth halving' every six months. Still under consideration: Algorithm change & merge-mining.

Algorithm
One thing we will say about mining, while we will not switch algorithm right now and I am fairly positive towards accepting ASICs longer term in our PDF, I will be more than willing to publicly state I was wrong about them the second we can be 100% certain that they are destroying the scrypt scene. In that case we will act swiftly to switch to whichever algorithm has proven itself by that time. In some ways it actually feels that the longer we stay a scrypt PoW coin, the more unique we become as half a dozen a day become x11 or PoS.

The present algorithm should stay as it is and see how the market evolves when ASIC hits Litecoin and what happens to those coins with x11 or whatever.

Inflationary Pressure
A long period of high inflationary pressure is not something we want to let get out of control. Our consistent block reward at our price levels has been fairly good to us in terms of not putting too much downward pressure from excess supply (that seemed to have come from other factors). However the current rate of seven million coins a day without a halving or reduction in sight is the wrong approach and something we would like to address. We are proposing the following approach:

For the first 6 months, 5,000 coins per block are mined. From 6 months, every day a reduction of 1% is applied until we reach the point of 2,500 coins per block mined. This is in effect a halving only done gradually (a 'smooth halving'), taking approximately 70 days to be done and addresses the problem of a dramatic and sudden drop in coin supply, hashrate and # of miners. From that point 2,500 coins per block are mined for six months, at which point we do the 1% reduction per day again down to 1,250 coins. This happens again for the 625 coin point, and the 312 coin point. To make this clearer, see this spreadsheet.

Don't beat around the bush 'smooth halving'.....just do a straight 25% reduction with shorter time frame or 50% reduction with a bit longer time frame than 25%.

My preference is for 25% reduction every month.

Total in Circulation
With the 'fix' applied to inflationary pressure, we felt the 15 billion total coins was also unnecessary and want to cut that down to 5 billion. With around 3.6 billion coins mined after three years and only 449,280 (0.012%/day inflation) being added to supply every day thereafter, the 5 billion total coin mark will not be reached any time soon. One of our biggest concerns with reducing miner rewards and having a final cap on total coins is the issue of 'cost versus reward' some worry coins like BTC will face in the future. As block rewards reduce in size, will the transaction fees and smaller coin rewards be enough to make up for the mining cost of increased security? Will a perpetual block reward be required in the future to ensure those securing the system are getting compensated properly? We can't answer that right now, but this change in specifications gives us a few years to follow more case studies and see where this scene is going.

Oh and about time. I recalled sending you a message on this 08-03-2014, 12:27:24.

As i see it over 1 bn coins had been mined. 5 bn is too much. The problem i see with all coins is that they do not react to market forces since they first started. It is never an issue of right or wrong, but an issue of reacting to market forces and that applies to all companies. Those who don't will die. I would stick to a limit of 2bn and reduce the block reward dramatically. When almost 2 bn coins are mined, a reassessment will need to be done to assess the market forces and most important, supply and demand. Please don't use the would inflation as it doesn't apply here, assuming you know what inflation IS?

Added: Merge Mining?
Personally I believe if we are to see many cryptocurrencies together coins of the same algorithm will be merge-mined together, so all miners are effectively securing and being paid out by all coins at the same time. Merge-mining will solve 51% and miner competition issues. However because it is only just being considered and discussed around the scrypt scene there is no reason whatsoever to rush into embracing it just yet until public sentiment towards it (and understanding of it) improves. This could be 6 months or it could be 12 months down the road, who knows.

Never experience merge mining yet. Has anyone done it and how did it go? It's another thing to bear in mind and wait and see how the market pans out.

..C..

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5017

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:27:25 PM

CoinEX update.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265277.msg6355693#msg6355693

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: