Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:32:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:37:43 PM

would be great if we could manage some german stores accepting noble.
will send some emails around Wink

edit: everyone who holds nobles should contact a few stores!
CharityMiningPools

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 03:22:30 PM

Question for the Community...give me your thoughts

I own and operate CharityMiningPools and was wondering if the true community users would be interested in the following pool setup.

In addition to the current mandatory charity donation percentage, I was thinking about ways to give back to the NobleCoin Community as a whole. I've been toying with the following idea and I was wondering what the response would be since it will raise the % of coins being collected by mining, but for a great cause for us all.

Potential Fees/Donations from our pool based on feedback.

- 1.5% Mandatory Donation Fees (0.75% goes to The Water Project, 0.75% goes to the NobleCoin Community (more on this below))
- 0.75% Pool Fees (It would be easy for everyone to say cut the Pool Fees, but reality is that I currently loose about $120 each month running my pools as a whole so the Pool Fee is a must to salvage a little of the server costs)

NobleCoin Community Donations (0.75%)
- Will be collected and donated each month to NobleCoin voting on Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc...
- Will be collected and donated to NobleCoin Faucets to keep the community from going dry
- Will be collected and donated to give-aways and other opportunities to raise awareness for NobleCoin
- Can be used for any other suggested NobleCoin community related items that will benefit the growth of NobleCoin

We could even raise any of these values higher if the community was in agreement.  Maybe something like 1% to charity and 1% to the community as well as the pool fee?  We can have votes to determine where the community donations go each month as well.

Anyways, just some thoughts.  Let me know what you think.  I would need to make sure people are on board with what I'm proposing.  Currently no changes will be made until I get feedback from the community.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

CharityMiningPools.com - Donate to Charity While you Mine!
BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
Tweek

Activity: 308

CoinTweak profitability charts

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 03:50:33 PM

Great post, and I agree that focus on merchants is one of the most important things to get the coin used.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:52:01 PM

Merchant & Marketplace Month (Update)

Excuse the slowdown in activity on this thread, we've been all over Twitter promoting NOBL to the wider community as best we can while letting the community conversation run its course here. Almost at 1k followers.

What we're focusing on for the next two weeks is gearing up the brand new Marketplace with all the features we wanted included from day 1, including bidding (auction house) and individual merchant/vendor shopfronts. It will be a brand new site customised and professionally hosted/developed to focus purely on eCommerce, and every listing and service feature for merchants will have a 0% fee indefinitely.

We're also including a merchant section that is somewhat managed by us as a 1-stop reference point for every NOBL accepting merchant and every available product, whether it can be bought from the Marketplace or otherwise.

Because of this merchant/marketplace focus and thanks to our recent additions to Mintpal and Vault of Satoshi, we really want to push wider merchant acceptance of NOBL.

We need you guys to reach out and get in touch with any alternative/BTC accepting merchants you know, and convince them to start accepting NOBL. They can get in touch with us directly to iron out any concerns/questions, bounty deals can be reached, but the more people reaching out to them the better.

A good list to start with: https://www.coinpayments.net/store-directory--1-0-All%20Stores

Let's double this list, and become one of the most widely accepted cryptocurrencies in the world:

Maybe one day this vision will make noblecoin marketplace the next ebay!
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 03:56:57 PM

I own and operate CharityMiningPools and was wondering if the true community users would be interested in the following pool setup.

In addition to the current mandatory charity donation percentage, I was thinking about ways to give back to the NobleCoin Community as a whole. I've been toying with the following idea and I was wondering what the response would be since it will raise the % of coins being collected by mining, but for a great cause for us all.

- 1.5% Mandatory Donation Fees (0.75% goes to The Water Project, 0.75% goes to the NobleCoin Community (more on this below))
- 0.75% Pool Fees (It would be easy for everyone to say cut the Pool Fees, but reality is that I currently loose about $120 each month running my pools as a whole so the Pool Fee is a must to salvage a little of the server costs)

- Will be collected and donated each month to NobleCoin voting on Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc...
- Will be collected and donated to NobleCoin Faucets to keep the community from going dry
- Will be collected and donated to give-aways and other opportunities to raise awareness for NobleCoin
- Can be used for any other suggested NobleCoin community related items that will benefit the growth of NobleCoin

We could even raise any of these values higher if the community was in agreement.  Maybe something like 1% to charity and 1% to the community as well as the pool fee?  We can have votes to determine where the community donations go each month as well.

Anyways, just some thoughts.  Let me know what you think.  I would need to make sure people are on board with what I'm proposing.  Currently no changes will be made until I get feedback from the community.

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

Maybe a bit biased opinion from me as I'm not mining any coin at the moment, but still like to share Smiley

I quite like this idea, it helps to sustain the community project once the pre-mine is empty. Also gives more breathe-room to use the pre-mine for marketplace discounts and bounties. Also, there will be no/less need for "fund raisers" by the community, as this should gather the required nobles.

Downside would be that only a select few will contribute (even though this is also the case in fund raisers)

I would not use this to buy our way onto exchanges though. When we grow more, we will get added anyway, no need to spend precious nobles on this.

My personal feeling is that anything below 3% is acceptable, as long as you are very transparent in how it is used.
kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:00:11 PM

[...]

I would say big YES Smiley

I, for one, can give up to 5% of various fees (for a noble cause!), if it will make things going.
0.5 or 1% are very small amounts and we won't collect much this way.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:02:01 PM

I think the idea is great, and we don't need to get 'officially' involved, it can be more community oriented. Also..

NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:05:39 PM

New video released! Thanks MysticalPotato for your generous offer to contribute another video!

kresu

Activity: 326

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:09:36 PM

Let's double this list, and become one of the most widely accepted cryptocurrencies in the world:
Maybe a Reddit thread, with some BOUNTIES (highlighted) for people who will find a merchant for us?
Pro_x

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:10:46 PM

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

I am the one with cca 18mhs on Charity pool (when all online  Roll Eyes. I donate 2% + fee. As NorrisK said, anything below 3% is acceptable for me too, if I know that is used for a good cause. I also dont like the idea to buy the way onto exchanges with it, we doesnt need that anymore.
BTW, nice solid pool, thanks on this.
greetz Wink
CharityMiningPools

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:13:42 PM

[...]

I would say big YES Smiley

I, for one, can give up to 5% of various fees (for a noble cause!), if it will make things going.
0.5 or 1% are very small amounts and we won't collect much this way.

I totally agree that a 0.75% or 1% is very low and would not generate too much but is it something.  

The problem with setting the initial % starting points too high would be that only the true community miners would accept a higher % to help further the growth of the community itself.  The occasional miners that jump from coin to coin tend to look for the "free" pools and don't tend to care too much about the involvement of the coin community itself.  If this happens, the pool hashrate would be too low and drive people away.

At least with a starting point of something around 2% total, and as long as the hashrate is strong, the occasional miners would probably be ok with that.  The people that want to see growth with the community can then choose to donate more to the cause and set their donations higher as they see fit.

BTC: 1AytEqfVYAywzM1BAKdjZWyjdiok8LgGeS     LTC: LWVPLBniwxBbEizjbe2Ab98Vubq18QGTBt
DOGE: DK4VKsA8kdVbZ2dc2CjNCsEPiPa8a2SF6B     NOTE: DrADbGTxvp4jbDFVgnwTiqk5vbAvqq2xi9
CharityMiningPools

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:18:45 PM

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

I am the one with cca 18mhs on Charity pool (when all online  Roll Eyes. I donate 2% + fee. As NorrisK said, anything below 3% is acceptable for me too, if I know that is used for a good cause. I also dont like the idea to buy the way onto exchanges with it, we doesnt need that anymore.
greetz Wink

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate that you have stuck with us and also have chosen to donate more then the minimum.  It's really helping and has risen our monthly donation totals this month a lot higher then the previous.  Smiley

We're already at 40337.67 NOBL in donations collected this month and not even half way through.  Smiley

Sounds like the Exchange buying is not a hot topic, any other suggestions on where the Community Donations could go to?  I thought of the faucets, give-aways, promotions, hired hands for furthering the community, etc...

Pro_x

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:37:10 PM

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

greetz Wink

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate that you have stuck with us and also have chosen to donate more then the minimum.  It's really helping and has risen our monthly donation totals this month a lot higher then the previous.  Smiley

We're already at 40337.67 NOBL in donations collected this month and not even half way through.  Smiley

Sounds like the Exchange buying is not a hot topic, any other suggestions on where the Community Donations could go to?  I thought of the faucets, give-aways, promotions, hired hands for furthering the community, etc...

Send some to Angelina Jolie to build a water fountain in Darfour or somewhere  Grin Something out of the box would take us to stratosphere. its not in big $ maibe, its the vision..
a3tje

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 04:38:40 PM

New video released! Thanks MysticalPotato for your generous offer to contribute another video!

https://vimeo.com/95245810

NICEEEEE!!! great work Smiley

NOBLECOIN - 9fvwjckaumnb6jMXtBsE3tdtsN3V5SLBU1
CharityMiningPools

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:55:04 PM

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

greetz Wink

Send some to Angelina Jolie to build a water fountain in Darfour or somewhere  Grin Something out of the box would take us to stratosphere. its not in big $ maibe, its the vision..

Haha, do you have her contact info?  I'll get right on it and see what I can do.  Wink

You are right, vision goes a long way!

adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 05:45:18 PM

Maybe a Reddit thread, with some BOUNTIES (highlighted) for people who will find a merchant for us?

Agreed, I have started a thread with a 25,000 NOBL bounty for the first 8 people that can get us on with new merchants.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NobleCoin/comments/25jys6/25000_noblecoin_bounty_for_new_merchants/
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 06:20:26 PM

Did you guys miss me?

Here's a new article : http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/5/14/more-noblecoin-marketplace-features-coming-new-promotional-video#

Like and Share please Smiley
Pro_x

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:19:19 PM

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

greetz Wink

Haha, do you have her contact info?  I'll get right on it and see what I can do.  Wink

weeell.. I dont have her contact haha. Its just a crazy thought, but we could try to bond with some celebrity who is deeply involved with what Noble represent. Some of them might want to explore modern stuff like criptocurency. If some of them are interested and hypothetically get personal advisor, we would be their solid choice I beleive. Not to forget, I really like what Rofo and the team are doing. And how they do it. I like chillout atmosphere here also, I hope it dont get intense like with other coins, now that some dolphins are coming  Grin
NorrisK
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 08:59:17 PM

Awesome, love the articles you are doing!
kultus

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:03:36 PM

Thanks,
CharityMiningPools

greetz Wink

weeell.. I dont have her contact haha. Its just a crazy thought, but we could try to bond with some celebrity who is deeply involved with what Noble represent. Some of them might want to explore modern stuff like criptocurency. If some of them are interested and hypothetically get personal advisor, we would be their solid choice I beleive. Not to forget, I really like what Rofo and the team are doing. And how they do it. I like chillout atmosphere here also, I hope it dont get intense like with other coins, now that some dolphins are coming  Grin

I will say this once ... MORGAN FREEMAN ! he would be up for it if we could contact him

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.A-Self Evolving Virtual World.
.Built on Top of Blockchain.....
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
      TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM     
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: