Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:21:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232521 times)
jemmyboy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:00:01 PM

Hi,

I was mining at bitcrush but moved to p2pool.vtcpool.co.uk:9171 a couple of days ago and was happy with what i was earning compared to bitcrush. All was fine for 20+ hours but i then started to get zero payments even though i was hashing around 550-600 kh/s, my address appeared on their website but amount (vtc) is blank.
I then switched over to p2pool.be:9171 after a couple of hours but again the same issue, it would show me mining at a average of 550-600 kh/s but amount is blank. I let this run overnight in the hope that it would start earning but to no avail. So around 18 hours have been wasted trying to mine on a node.
I am currently connected to vtcpool:9171 but after a few hours still the amount is blank.

I have checked my configuration and all is in order so am at a loss as to why i cannot earn any vertcoin...anyone have any ideas what is going on?Huh

worker = VjyW341RrDhtmWDCnEA9bBUX2UosfXDiVc

any help willl be appreciated

Classic problem of p2pool. Because your hashrate is low, at current p2pool size, you have probability of getting share at given khs in about every six hours. And this is average, you can also get nothing half day or two shares in hour. Only when you ganerate share, you get paid by following blocks. For this reason, 2nd p2pool network is being build, to split hashrate and lower share difficulty for miners (at current size of p2pool this is not problem, as even at half/quarter p2pool size, block generation interval will still be sufficient). So, at current time, you can try mining on second p2pool network (http://lovok.no-ip.com:9171 node or another posted here in last messages) or use traditional pool.

But you can use (if the pool supports it) static diff by adding +0.xxx  to the end of username/address. I do use use 0.000696 for my 3 x 270x's at the end of my address.
Example:

If you wish to manually control your pseudo-share difficulty outside of the range provided by the dynamic system you can do the following:
Code:

Vertcoin Address+0.00000116 x Hash Rate in KHash

For example for my R9 270x I use:
Code:

200 x 0.00000116 = 0.000232
VrXbnEbUDoZdGmLFcJXyKV5taEsxkYPKTs+0.000232

The following are suggested targets for various hash rates if you want to grab one quickly:

KHash/s   Difficulty
50   +0.00005821
100   +0.00011641
250   +0.00029103
500   +0.00058207
750   +0.00087310
1000   +0.00116414

So why the p2pool difficulty is a problem? You can adjust your difficulty and send shares at desired frequency. I have tuned my rig and is running sweet, its just the long wait for a share. I earned some income earlier today then for the next 3 hours nada !! and my miners are still hashing away at their optimum but have zero earned
Am I missing something? like what?

It all started so well earning up to 4 coins the other day but the last couple of days i am lucky if i earned 1. Whats the point of trying to promote this coin when you have to wait hours for something only yo find out you have to wait hours for another. I can understand if i am solo mining and then i would expect a long long wait but the reward would be worth it eventually (in hope). But to join a node and suffer the same fate as solo mining without the reward just seems pointless to me...or am i missing something obvious?

aleks648

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Bounty Manager

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 07:57:53 PM

One of VTCs oldest pools, http://VTC.KILOVOLT.CO.UK has had a facelift!!

*High End Dedicated Servers
*Fully Redundant, Fault-Tolerant Architecture
*Automatic Backup of Wallets and Databases
*Technical Support from Experienced Coin Devs and Pool Owners (Aleks_N from Team VTC Dev)

*Mining here supports the development of VTC.  25% of pool profits go to fund the ongoing dev of VTC.

Please send some hash back our way.

Look forward to seeing you all soon!

Aleks_N

Bounty Manager http://t.me/aleks648
rapsac

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:43:02 PM

in terms of the influx of asics now and in the near future, what is the difference between vertcoin and an X11 coin like Hirocoin? I know this is a vertcoin thread, but what is the reason behind supporting vertcoin over hirocoin?
Thats simple: community backing and development.

What about vertcoin vs DRK then. DRK is not a pump and dump and will offer complete anonymity via DarkSend. Not bashing VTC as I am holding some, but I also hold DRK. Just trying to figure out what would be better to invest more in and why. And while we're at it, what about VTC vs UTC. UTC has wicked fast confirmation times compared to the 2.5min of VTC, and also offers asic resistance via scrypt-jane.

This has been discussed before. The devs have chosen to go another route because complete anonimity will very likely lead to bans in the future and vtc is meant to be a broadly accepted coin to be used by everyone.

In the end it comes down to what you believe is right. If you think of going with coin A then go with it. Read all the announcement threads and choose wisely (as far as that is possible, all cryptos suffer from the current bitcoin down spiral and who knows if and what crypto will survive).
BorisTheSpider

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:55:00 PM

What about vertcoin vs DRK then. DRK is not a pump and dump and will offer complete anonymity via DarkSend. Not bashing VTC as I am holding some, but I also hold DRK. Just trying to figure out what would be better to invest more in and why. And while we're at it, what about VTC vs UTC. UTC has wicked fast confirmation times compared to the 2.5min of VTC, and also offers asic resistance via scrypt-jane.

I'm not going to attempt to provide investment advice to you, however here's a couple of points for consideration:

1. True untraceability is not attractive to a mainstream audience, and IMO will lead to significant resistance from powerful, well funded organizations should DRK have a chance of becoming mainstream. I don't know much about DRK tbh so I can't really comment much on it, but as I understand it DRK is non-premined and attempts to do innovative things in which case I applaud that - I'm not bashing it at all, but I am strongly of the opinion that strong anonymity and mainstream adoption are mutually exclusive.

2. UTCs fast confirmations are not advantageous - there are various issues with very short block times, not least of which is the way in which they encourage centralisation of hashing power. Decentralisation is the entire basis for the security of a blockchain, if you discourage it in your parameters, you implicitly ask for a network that can't protect as much value.

Aurum

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

dfgfdgfdg

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:52:59 PM

VTC Developers -- It sure would be nice to have VTC mining support merged into bfgminer so we can keep using MultiMiner. TIA.

ghghghfgh
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:59:13 PM

I'm not going to attempt to provide investment advice to you, however here's a couple of points for consideration:

1. True untraceability is not attractive to a mainstream audience, and IMO will lead to significant resistance from powerful, well funded organizations should DRK have a chance of becoming mainstream. I don't know much about DRK tbh so I can't really comment much on it, but as I understand it DRK is non-premined and attempts to do innovative things in which case I applaud that - I'm not bashing it at all, but I am strongly of the opinion that strong anonymity and mainstream adoption are mutually exclusive.

2. UTCs fast confirmations are not advantageous - there are various issues with very short block times, not least of which is the way in which they encourage centralisation of hashing power. Decentralisation is the entire basis for the security of a blockchain, if you discourage it in your parameters, you implicitly ask for a network that can't protect as much value.

Thanks for the responses. Can you explain though why/how short block times encourage centralization of hashing power? I don't understand this statement. Thanks!
PoolMingo

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:42:26 PM

Hey, did you tried http://vertcoin.mingopool.com ?

we have an improved vertminer for mingopool and the first 10 blocks finders will be rewarded witch 10 coins each one!

join us! give us some shares! it will be worth

BTW 0%fee
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:06:42 PM

Thanks for the responses. Can you explain though why/how short block times encourage centralization of hashing power? I don't understand this statement. Thanks!

Let's say we have a network propogation time of around 10 seconds for a newly mined block at one "side" of the network to fully propogate so the vast majority of other nodes have that block.

With VTC, every 2.5 minutes (on average), there's a window of opportunity 10 seconds long for a pool (or a big solominer, lol@him) to find a valid, but stale block. That is 10/150=0.066 so around 6.5% of the time - that will be the baseline stale ratio for the network.

Let's say a (too big) pool has 25% of nethash. Since it doesn't need to wait for blocks _it_ found to be relayed, so can start working on the next one right away without waiting, it gets a (small) efficiency boost - it has to wait for relaying 75% of the time, so 0.75*6.5=4.9% is that pools stale ratio - it's efficiency is 95.1% as opposed to 93.5% for the network as a whole, so it gets a 95.1/93.5 - 1 = 1.7% advantage.

With the 45 second block time that EXE uses, the baseline stale ratio is 10/45=22% - now our big pool with 25% of nethash has a 0.75*22=16.5% stale ratio, 5.5% better than the network as a whole, and has 83.5% efficiency vs. 78% for the network, so is 83.5/78 - 100 = 7% advantage over the network as a whole, compared to the relatively insignificant 1.7% for the 2.5 minute blocktime of VTC.

So very short blocktimes waste more of miners work, but they also encourage centralisation.

BTW while we're on the subject, can some of you check out http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/21imwo/consider_mining_on_2nd_p2pool_network_to_allow/ - it is for those of you with lower hashrate who were finding p2pool difficult to find shares on in time to get them counted in a block, and should drastically improve things. Please don't move over if you're a bigger hasher - it would be best to get a lot of smaller hashers on p2pool2 to get them to a workable mix of blockrate and sharerate.

Oh and check out - http://www.verters.com/block-analysis - WELL DONE! it's fantastic to see that so many people have got the word out and helped spread the hashrate around in so short a time! I only started banging on about this 2 days ago and already I can stop! Thankyou all, keep it up, but now there's really no need for many of you to consider moving (although a small few could still move from vertco.in), all the pools are under 20% of nethash, it would be nice to keep them that way (apart from p2pool which can get as big as it wants, and even then is now divided in 2)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:37:42 PM

BTW while we're on the subject, can some of you check out http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/21imwo/consider_mining_on_2nd_p2pool_network_to_allow/ - it is for those of you with lower hashrate who were finding p2pool difficult to find shares on in time to get them counted in a block, and should drastically improve things. Please don't move over if you're a bigger hasher - it would be best to get a lot of smaller hashers on p2pool2 to get them to a workable mix of blockrate and sharerate.

Can you define small and big?

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:54:31 PM

Get your miners ready! April 2nd I will be giving out a bonus 2% for all payouts or an entire week!
BorisTheSpider

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:43:07 AM

M

Any less than 2 R9 280x or 7970 I would say counts as small for the purposes of the 2 p2pools - so below around 700KH/s you'll be better off on the new p2pool2, and certainly above 1MH/s I expect you'd be fine on the bigger original one. Also, if you're at the lower end of the hashrates applicable to the older/bigger p2pool, you'll see gains in share-rate as some of the small miners move over to the new one and the share difficulty drops.
thehulkk

Activity: 442

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:24:24 AM

OK I built vertminer from source, and the miner seems to be working but the worker in the pools doesn't seem active.  I just wanted to post my script so someone more knowledgeable than me could check if everything is correct. I'm running 3 r9 270 cards.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
cd /home/mauricio/vertminer-gpu
./vertminer --scrypt -g 1 -w 256 -I 13 --thread-concurrency 15168 --gpu-fan 40,75,40 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1470 -o stratum+tcp://mine1.coinmine.pl:6350 -u xxxxxx -p x

After 10 minutes I still haven't seen my hash rate in the  pool yet and I'm doing about 300kh each.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Cannacor.io [/b]║Cannacor:Cannabis Cultivation║
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kkangjji22

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:51:32 AM

Haven't seen the price go up at all Sad crying everytime I check coin market cap

I'm so sorry for your situation,
Think much less,
Only that can benefit from this market!
Good luck. Smiley
cubevtc

Activity: 496

Ceck me in livestream twith

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 04:21:28 AM

This is one of things I love about Vertcoin community versus others - the spirit to make the coin decentralized. Having a 2nd P2Pool network requires great commitment. I like to chip in my support too. I am moving my node over to the 2nd network - http://vtc.cubeconnex.com:9172 for Asia low-hash miners.

May the 2nd P2pool network grow!

Lovok

Activity: 78

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:54:37 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 07:32:44 AM by Lovok

M

At current stage, any miner is welcome as we need to get 'time to block' to reasonable value (lets say 100Mhs for now).

Which network is better for particular miner is not exact, depends on how much variance you like. Typically, it's ideal if 'time to share' < 'time to block' for particular miner, assuming that pool has at least 2 hours to block.

What we are missing now badly is node scanner to inform people about second network.

Also, second network can grow very quickly if at least one big node from first network switches to second. And this helps to both networks, second gains needed hashrate whilst first lower share difficulty without impacting time to block much. Also without changing worker port, this can be done almost instantly. For miners this is also no problem as shares gained in first network will be awarded by rest of network. But I'm afraid pool operators have no reason to do it as this could lead to miners leaving if they don't like this move. At the opposite side, there are many angry miners mining on p2pool and getting nothing, which can be attracted.

I'm also curious about specifiing second network as low hashrate network. Yes, it is for now. But as there is no way how to enforce which network particular miners will join. One time second network can become bigger than first. Lets rather say 1st and 2nd network and educate miners about time to block/time to share consequences on p2pool.

Kalizar

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:12:11 AM

Vertcoin - SECOND P2Pool 0% Fee!
Located on East Coast - NA (low latency)
Easy to direct your miners
HIGHER PAYOUT**
Helps boost integrity and prosperity for Vertans!!*
Miners with less than 1 MH/s can now reap the benefits of P2Pool!!!

Until recently, miners on the lower spectrum of hash power couldn't mine on P2Pool without losing decreasing profitability. Even if they wanted to help the community decentralize, they had to suffer a loss. Not anymore!

Download Vertminer:
Windows: https://vertcoin.org/downloads/vertminer-0.5.2.zip
Linux: https://vertcoin.org/downloads/vertminer.tgz

Simply run this command from Vertminer's directory:

vertminer --scrypt-vert -o vertcoinpool.cloudapp.net:9172 -u  yourVTCpayoutADDRESS - p x
-OR-

Enter these parameters in your pool list:

"pools" : [
{
"url" : "vertcoinpool.cloudapp.net:9172",
"user" : "yourVTCpayoutADDRESS",
"pass" : "x"
        },
        {

Mining VTC or similar Scrypt-N algorithms require, sometimes, varying configuration. If you get start up fails, lower Intensity (-I) to 8 and Thread Concurrency (-TC) to 8000. Gradually increase from there. *Vertcoin Mining GPU Hardware Configuration Reference: *http://www.verters.com/vertcoin-hardware-list**
ko6028

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:54:15 AM

Great, looking forward to it. Thanks

I'm looking forward to you say,

One day there will prove to you that,

Believe that the day is not far away from us!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
ko6028

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:55:49 AM

this bot is actually keeping price from plummeting.

Believe that the price will rise a certain

The day is not far away from us!

Good luck.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 08:51:12 AM

what's with all the newbie users posting about their pools?

seems like scams abound.

M

Some of them are indeed....so take care.
km4700ruda

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:21:18 AM

dump incoming. Coinwarz gtfo
new miners incomming thanks to coinwarz!  Wink

dump incoming

Dump incoming makes people crazy,
This is a crazy Era
Crazy coins!
 Smiley Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 [408] 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: