Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:33:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46471 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:20:08 AM

It's not really fair to say it's a good idea to preorder from spondoolies regardless of their track record so far.

You're right, the comparison isn't fair. BFL, who is always late, vs. Spondoolies, who has never been late.

My point is that spondoolies has never taken preorders before the SP30. Who knows how many delays they had with their first gen.

I bet they will eventually sell sp30's BTO for the same price as a preorder (maybe less), but without all the risk.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:02:44 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2014, 11:54:06 AM by Bicknellski

It's not really fair to say it's a good idea to preorder from spondoolies regardless of their track record so far.

You're right, the comparison isn't fair. BFL, who is always late, vs. Spondoolies, who has never been late.

My point is that spondoolies has never taken preorders before the SP30. Who knows how many delays they had with their first gen.

I bet they will eventually sell sp30's BTO for the same price as a preorder (maybe less), but without all the risk.

Good evaluation.

However I had to risk it given the prices available 12 Th/s at $0.69USD per Gh/s was too tempting for me to pass up. Given the 1300 Hammer chips the WPC purchased and the support from sales and the STech team on that sale I am pretty confident they will deliver the SP30 on time. I might not like the price in August, that is the risk and gamble I am taking, but I pretty confident now that STech will be on time. And given they have bent over backwards to proactively support users, given discounts and some compensation even, I am sure that given any issues with the SP30 I will be made whole as well any other STech customers. The SP10s could be used to compensate us or have even their hosting could jump in to support me and other SP30 customers. There is coverage here unlike the BFL model.

Now what has BFL provided?

No immediate refunds or compensation.
No units.
No hosting.
Lies.
16 months of development.

Let us be fair we all know that at this point in time there are clear indicators that STech is not going to leave customers hanging. They are building relationships with customers. Have you seen anything remotely like that with BFL? No. Why? I suspect as many others do that BFL is nothing more than a long con and has been since day one. Let us see what discovery provides Wood Law... the stench at BFL goes deep.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:12:26 PM

Update from your boy Josh:
Monarch hashing here in Hong Kong. Stop by and check out out! pic.twitter.com/rrJ9eaNC1a

https://twitter.com/BFL_Josh

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

Monarch hashing here in Hong Kong. Stop by and check out out! pic.twitter.com/rrJ9eaNC1a

So, only a scant year or two before these bad boys will be delivered well beyond the point of profitable? BFL is still a shady joke, stay away from them.

grn

Activity: 357
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:46:30 PM

Captain obvious here. There's a problem in that picture.. water blocks should NOT be connected in series...only one asic will get useful cooling, the other will overheat quickly and probably fry itself or the board.

How is that Lexical analysis working out bickneleski?
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 05:48:33 PM

All that time and they have that completely unfinished board to show??? Who would have guessed it?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4606
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:05:50 PM

Captain obvious here. There's a problem in that picture.. water blocks should NOT be connected in series...only one asic will get useful cooling, the other will overheat quickly and probably fry itself or the board.

LOL!  This is as amusing as when the velcro'd a phone onto a box of fans.

As usual, a lot of dopes will probably consider a pic or vid of a curses app provided by known scammers as some sort of a meaningful indication of anything.  Some people don't realize that it would take only rudimentary skills to make such an app produce any numbers desired.  And about a minute of time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
nibbknot

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:23:41 PM

Perhaps the setup is not intended for us but for others in a parallel universe where those at the end of the queue get their rigs first.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:43:52 PM

Can anyone make out the hash rate showing on the screen?

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:05:11 PM

Looks like 357.xx GH.............  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3672

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:26:33 PM

you dont understand water loops. take a look at SLI/xfire water loops some time.

I lol at the low hash rate and high error rate though. wonder how many watts that thing is drawing..

sooo glad I bailed the BFL ship after getting singed on my 65 nm gear.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:48:32 AM

LOL!  This is as amusing as when the velcro'd a phone onto a box of fans.

As usual, a lot of dopes will probably consider a pic or vid of a curses app provided by known scammers as some sort of a meaningful indication of anything.  Some people don't realize that it would take only rudimentary skills to make such an app produce any numbers desired.  And about a minute of time.

Be careful. If you mention the way in which BFL might be breaking the law or ripping off its customers, then the thread will be moved to scam accusations where people looking to learn about Bitcoin hardware will never see it.  We wouldn't want to taint BFL's incoming supply of marks now would we?

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:49:40 AM

Good God it's 2013 repeating itself over and over again.  This is sickening to watch.  How has this company not been shut down yet?
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:08:26 AM

you dont understand water loops. take a look at SLI/xfire water loops some time.

I lol at the low hash rate and high error rate though. wonder how many watts that thing is drawing..

What do you expect?  Those are the original boards with too thin a layer of copper.  Heat prevents them from running at speed, so they use the grade B chips.  Lesser quality chips = lower speed and higher errors.  Kind of silly to waste 1TH of chips on a board that can't run that fast.  Kind of like putting a 454 into a car with a 30mph governor.....

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:49:28 AM

What do you expect? 

I expect BFL to be able to demonstrate a product that meets the promised specs. Yet here we are, 7 months late, and they can't even show a single full spec Monarch.

Buy & Hold
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:35:42 AM

What do you expect?  Those are the original boards with too thin a layer of copper.  Heat prevents them from running at speed, so they use the grade B chips.  Lesser quality chips = lower speed and higher errors.  Kind of silly to waste 1TH of chips on a board that can't run that fast.  Kind of like putting a 454 into a car with a 30mph governor.....

I did it!! 10 freakin years ago  Tongue  454 in 79 T/A  Grin  NO GOVERNOR  Cool

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 06:52:14 AM

they use the grade B chips.  Lesser quality chips = lower speed and higher errors. 

That would be the largest variance (by a mile) on a batch of chips I've ever seen. Are you seriously suggesting the B grade chips can do less than 1/3rd of the clock speed of the A chips? Pull the other one.

If the chips are functional (as in, not defective) the error rate will directly linked to the clock speed they operate at. In this case, clocking them to produce 350 GH is clearly too much already as a near-10% error rate is ridiculous. Maybe they can do 250 GH reliably. So the A chips now need 4 times higher clockspeed. Hilarious.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
bcp19

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:23:14 AM

I did it!! 10 freakin years ago  Tongue  454 in 79 T/A  Grin  NO GOVERNOR  Cool

No, you didn't, you changed the parameters.  The Trans Am was built with a 454 in mind.  You'd need to put the 454 into something like a Yugo with stock tires and try to match the performance of the Trans Am to understand.  But then again, you don't care about understanding, you only care about making cheap jokes.

bcp19

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 10:26:54 AM

they use the grade B chips.  Lesser quality chips = lower speed and higher errors. 

That would be the largest variance (by a mile) on a batch of chips I've ever seen. Are you seriously suggesting the B grade chips can do less than 1/3rd of the clock speed of the A chips? Pull the other one.

If the chips are functional (as in, not defective) the error rate will directly linked to the clock speed they operate at. In this case, clocking them to produce 350 GH is clearly too much already as a near-10% error rate is ridiculous. Maybe they can do 250 GH reliably. So the A chips now need 4 times higher clockspeed. Hilarious.
I just read Josh's posts and see he stated we are using grade D... I thought I heard B... my fault.

clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:30:58 AM

So watercooled at 360GH/s or so?

Damn thats awesome. 

I wanna see what the 1TH/s version needs for cooling?  Phase change maybe?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: