Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {BFL} Here's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK at your Monarch!  (Read 46471 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 02:48:30 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 07:41:19 PM by Xian01

There are none so blind as those who will not see....
Indeed.
The PCBs currently in hand (there were several hundred of this revision made) cannot support speeds above ~550GH with "A" chips due to heat constraints
So instead of showing 550GH to their patient customers, it's a better idea to show 350 with a 10% error rate? Right.
I'm calling BS on the 550 number, as there is no reason to publish pictures of a "Monarch hashing!" performing poorly if all it takes is 2 good chips off the shelf to show something approximating advertised performance.

By all means the particular board being shown is a test board that is not going to be sold anyway. Who cares about all the bad boards, it only takes one to demo. Why publish only pics of a bad board if there was at least one board that once did 550? How else would anyone be able to claim they can do 550 if it was never done? More "theoretical performance" ? Bullshit, bullshit and more bullshit.
Why push the board beyond it's limits just cause the chip can handle it?  The increase in power to run the chips faster causes a greater current draw and therefore a higher W/GH rating.  Why waste the extra electricity for a few extra GH?
The first part is funny, because the picture that was published shows a monarch that is already being run well beyond its limit. 9 percent HW errors + a bunch of rejects is evidence to that. So you were saying?

The second part is erroneous because either way with two of those mythical A chips at least you could SHOW a Monarch working at reasonable speed with reasonable error rates, without pushing the PCB any harder. Better chips run higher clocks with less voltage. Right now BFL has shown nothing but a half broken product, half a year behind schedule. True to historical form I suppose.
Many of the original boards got damaged from heat and are unusable, but I guess that's not a consideration for someone like you. This Rev N board came in today though:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8558-whos-had-their-cloud-hashing-email-5.html#post83353

*mumbles something about BFGMiner being used, as suspected*
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:41:39 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that luke-jr was being employed by bfl for his involvement?

Anyway I was only recently contacted by bfl regarding creating a cgminer driver and only got remote access to a monarch dev board 2 days ago. The one I have access to is only doing 386GH and >8% errors. You can see the cgminer driver I'm developing on my git branch bflsc28.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:54:33 PM

I thought it was common knowledge that luke-jr was being employed by bfl for his involvement?
Point being, the statement from our favorite character is disingenuous at best.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:20:20 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 11:15:23 AM by Bicknellski

The real question is when did Luke Jr. get something to work on... December 2013 or earlier? That be telling wouldn't it now?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 01:34:46 PM

The real question is when did Luke Jr. get something to work on... December 2013 or earlier? That be telling wouldn't it now?

The story has been told already. BFL already admitted to the court they mine with their customers equipment. BCP hid his employment with BFL to shill here. BFL Monarchs won't ship to customers until July 2014 at the earliest (any shenanigans with Luke aside). BFL bought houses and cars for their employees with the pre-order money. Josh likes guys (not that there is anything wrong with that Wink, the Monarch will never generate a positive ROI.

Seriously, what else is there to come out? Time has told, BFL is a train wreck. The court system has started grinding on them.  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:41:20 PM

The story has been told already. BFL already admitted to the court they mine with their customers equipment. BCP hid his employment with BFL to shill here. BFL Monarchs won't ship to customers until July 2014 at the earliest (any shenanigans with Luke aside). BFL bought houses and cars for their employees with the pre-order money. Josh likes guys (not that there is anything wrong with that Wink, the Monarch will never generate a positive ROI.

Seriously, what else is there to come out? Time has told, BFL is a train wreck. The court system has started grinding on them.  Wink

But thats just it, BFL have been incredibly successful.  Only us lowly little customers have suffered. 
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 06:22:26 PM

It is pretty amazing how after the first go around and the lateness that people ordered these Monarchs and expected them on time.  I almost feel bad for them because most were probably new customers and did not read up before buying?  I know that 90% of all ASIC sold do not ROI, but these really lost coins.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:30:35 PM

It is pretty amazing how after the first go around and the lateness that people ordered these Monarchs and expected them on time.  I almost feel bad for them because most were probably new customers and did not read up before buying?  I know that 90% of all ASIC sold do not ROI, but these really lost coins.

Good point.  And with each passing day there are another couple hundred new enthusiasts for them prey on.
I would be curious to know how many new orders for the monarch they get a day even now.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:53:51 PM

It is getting to a point where a monarch (counting elec costs) will NEVER even manage to make 1 BTC at the rate this fiasco is going....

(again so much for usa consumer protection BFL shoulda been shut down a LONG time ago imho)

re-read above still can't believe the only 1 BTC (if you are lucky) a monarch MAY make...but knowing BFL they will even miss that target!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:45:14 AM

It is getting to a point where a monarch (counting elec costs) will NEVER even manage to make 1 BTC at the rate this fiasco is going....

(again so much for usa consumer protection BFL shoulda been shut down a LONG time ago imho)

re-read above still can't believe the only 1 BTC (if you are lucky) a monarch MAY make...but knowing BFL they will even miss that target!

Searing

That's the "New World Order" for ya......take as much as you can from as many as you can......mainly in the USA,but others are taking notes & applying the learned knowledge all over the world   Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:50:34 AM

Good point.  And with each passing day there are another couple hundred new enthusiasts for them prey on.
I would be curious to know how many new orders for the monarch they get a day even now.

on the topic of 'turnover' not the newbie's being sucked into BFL yet as we speak...but is BFL still honoring if you don't get your monarch in 6 months and 1 day
and you get a refund ..or did they 'whip up the scam' GH hosting while you wait..so they can wiggle out of giving you a refund?

my guess is you can't get a refund if BFL is hashing for you at this point (hope I'm wrong for everyones sake)

man I soooo squeaked out that refund due to sonny v's probation hearing the small claims court action

but I bet BFL is not honoring it anymore (I'm guessing here till told otheriwise) due to the fact I've heard of 'very little' pressure on them by the authorities
that are supposed to regulate such things and not a lot from the small claims court stuff

so imho BFL has squirmed away again and plotting new stuff

again hope I'm wrong but my current guess is if they hash for your monarch (even w/o your permission just ask for your address) they will say that their
terms have been fufilled and you are out of luck for the refund when/if they hit that stage of your spot in line

hey "its what BFL does.."Take all my bitcoins" TM

Searing

(tell me it has not really gone to this level er yet?)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:00:30 AM

The funny (or infuriating) thing is, there is a posibility that if you do take up their offer of "cloud mining" your gear might be one of the units providing hashes.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:12:18 AM

The funny (or infuriating) thing is, there is a posibility that if you do take up their offer of "cloud mining" your gear might be one of the units providing hashes.

Exactly ponzi ponzi ponzi. Rinse and repeat of the 2012-2013 timeline for the 65nm stuff.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:16:27 AM

I swear it's 2013 repeating itself all over again, just with a 1 month delay.  They'll start trickling out 1 unit a day onto that USPS truck parked out back  Cheesy
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 04:56:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BFL_Josh View Post

The new prototype board that we simulated will get us to the 1TH performance level has been delayed into this coming week by our PCB supplier. We continue to work closely with them and expect the new prototype will be ready towards the latter part of the week. BFL staff will be on location at the board manufacturer so we can literally start testing as soon as the first prototype’s last component goes on.

We do have some good engineering news to report this week as well. We can confirm that our most current prototype board version, at 700GH, has continued to perform under rigorous testing. We are due for delivery of production quantities of these boards by the end of this month.

The earlier version boards that perform in the 350-500 GH range are now being produced in quantity. As these boards are assembled they are rigged up in racks and shipped to our cloud mining facility to provide temporary cloud mining to customers in queue priority (we shipped 100 TH of these this week).

We are evaluating our refund policy and will announce details about improvements this coming week, along with new prototype test results as we get them..

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
LittleD (OP)

Activity: 560

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:49:59 PM

This Company has 600 Gh/s Cloud Mining. Here is an email to me after I asked them for their venders......

Your request (13738) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email.

Amira (Cloud Hashing)
 Jul 14 03:34 PM
 Hey Douglas,
 Thanks for reaching out about our mining hardware! We purchase our equipment from multiple manufacturers, including KnC, Butterfly Labs, Cointerra, and others. We've also recently merged with HighBitcoin LLC. to create PeerNova. PeerNova will also provide hardware solutions for CloudHashing.
 For more information regarding PeerNova products and services, please visit PeerNova - Leader in distributed financial technologies & platforms.
 Thanks again for contacting us! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.
 Amira

Douglas (Kris) Hunter
 Jul 12 05:33 PM
 How is your vender?
 ------------------
 Submitted from: https://cloudhashing.com/bitcoin-mining-rrp

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:18:39 AM

The new prototype board that we simulated will get us to the 1TH performance level has been delayed into this coming week by our PCB supplier. We continue to work closely with them and expect the new prototype will be ready towards the latter part of the week. BFL staff will be on location at the board manufacturer so we can literally start testing as soon as the first prototype’s last component goes on.

We do have some good engineering news to report this week as well. We can confirm that our most current prototype board version, at 700GH, has continued to perform under rigorous testing. We are due for delivery of production quantities of these boards by the end of this month.

The earlier version boards that perform in the 350-500 GH range are now being produced in quantity. As these boards are assembled they are rigged up in racks and shipped to our cloud mining facility to provide temporary cloud mining to customers in queue priority (we shipped 100 TH of these this week).

We are evaluating our refund policy and will announce details about improvements this coming week, along with new prototype test results as we get them..

Awww, how sweet.   They're evaluating their return policy.  Isn't that like a felon deciding if he wants to murder you or just leave you gagged in the trunk of a car?  Both are illegal, they're trying to see which one works better for them lol.

Where is the state AG?  This is not petty theft, this is multi-million dollar theft!
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:22:53 AM

Awww, how sweet.   They're evaluating their return policy.  Isn't that like a felon deciding if he wants to murder you or just leave you gagged in the trunk of a car?  Both are illegal, they're trying to see which one works better for them lol.

Where is the state AG?  This is not petty theft, this is multi-million dollar theft!

Sonny took care of that,you'd be surprised how "campaign contributions" can help in situations like this  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Xian01
Legendary

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:05:38 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 02:21:40 PM by Xian01

Sonny took care of that,you'd be surprised how "campaign contributions" can help in situations like this  Cheesy
Now wouldn't that be a shocking story. "Butterfly Labs accused of bribing state and federal officials to avoid fraud prosecution"

I mean, it would certainly explain how they've managed to refine their business practices over the last two years, allowing them to stay afloat.

I need to think that such conspiracy theories are just that, however.

Or possibly...

I suppose a legitimately curious question, however, might be "Would Butterfly Labs have been able to survive to present day if it did not have an infusion of preorder funds, maintained by a refusal to issue refunds in a timely manner ?"
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:46:51 AM

Sonny took care of that,you'd be surprised how "campaign contributions" can help in situations like this  Cheesy
Now wouldn't that be a shocking story. "Butterfly Labs accused of bribing state and federal officials to avoid fraud prosecution"

I mean, it would certainly explain how they've managed to refine their business practices over the last two years, allowing them to stay afloat.

I need to think that such conspiracy theories are just that, however.

Or possibly...

I suppose a legitimately curious question, however, might be "Would Butterfly Labs have been able to survive to present day if it did not have an infusion of preorder funds, maintained by a refusal to issue refunds in a timely manner ?"

It is simpler then that why do you think the 'county attorney" where they told me to send my info on BFL for fraud last fall never returned my calls...on BFL? emails etc?

The 'elected' county attorney job ..that guy is gonna go after a company that employees folks and makes millions of dollars for the county by SHUTTING IT DOWN
by doing a fraud investigation..yeah right

yeah that is gonna happen but when I contacted the state attorney general that is where all my emails stuff went to ...black hole time....now that it has been almost
2 years now you see the press and gov't making noises..but yeah it is all moot at this point..to really say it was fraud would expose a lot of people in gov't etc that
should have stopped this way back when..they would look silly..thus is why BFL will likely pay off $$ for the class action...pay fines with no admission of quilt..
(citibank just did a massive fraud...and the company execs walked the company took a 9 billion fine) so BFL will do same corp will pay they will walk worse case they keep the PH farm and their personal assets and BFL corp takes the 'public' fall and death and all liabilities with it.....it seems the American way to regulate these days take the $$ an run..this has
been the American way for class action suits for like 30 years or so ..same result.hope I'm wrong but the fact that BFL is still selling product and the lies since dec 2012 a
situation where they go to jail or pay a fine on their PERSONAL ASSETS
does not bode well ...the corp will take the fall they will walk with the rewards/ph farm/personal miners they got on the side ahead of the rest of us..etc etc

Searing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: