Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:37:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG Game!  (Read 35795 times)
DynamicDK

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:29:52 PM

A while ago I thought about something similar, with an in-game currency that is represented and can be traded within Ripple.
That way, you don't have to maintain a trading platform yourself (maintaining a good game is hard enough already) but you could still use the Ripple platform to sell your in-game currency for BTC (or anything else traded there).

Onkel Paul

That is a good idea, though I would choose one of the other platforms.  I'm not a huge fan of Ripple, but I think Counterparty could handle this as well.

http://coinbrief.net/
Digital Currency news, mining calculators, forums, and more
BTC:  1Bz95D1Jm4qmm2fTWtK3fF35FnfX4NKiyt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kuroato (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 09:01:08 AM

Hmm yes that would be awesome now wouldn't it lol! but I unfortunately I dont have unlimited bitcoin funds to supply thousands if not millions of players with the ability to withdraw BTC just for simply collecting them.

You do it in a way that doesn't require you to give out your own BTC.  Take a look at the MMORPG Neverwinter, and their "Zen" system.  Create a second currency in the game that is only obtainable by purchasing it from you with BTC, from other players with BTC (with you taking a small cut), or for going to advertiser \ sponsor websites to fill out surveys\sign up for services.  That currency would then be used for cool things in game that aren't actually a huge benefit in terms of power.  Maybe they have a cool graphic, or do something else interesting.

Or just provide an easy way for users to exchange BTC for the current in game currency, and the current in game currency for BTC, once again with you taking a small cut.

These ideas are probably a bit beyond where you are right now, but something to think about if you continue development, and make this into something bigger.

That sounds like a Great idea, and yes I would love to add something like this... right now CoinRPG offers foundational gameplay, and I am in the middle of drafting up a new design document that will include tons of new additional features which will need to include monetization intergrated into the gameplay design that does not take away any fun from the game. So yes the idea of allowing players to purchase items or things that don't create a huge disadvantage for other players is something I want to do for sure. I'll need to consider this whole BTC to in-game currency idea, so thank you!  Wink
mac2k13

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 11:39:06 AM

Hmm yes that would be awesome now wouldn't it lol! but I unfortunately I dont have unlimited bitcoin funds to supply thousands if not millions of players with the ability to withdraw BTC just for simply collecting them.

You do it in a way that doesn't require you to give out your own BTC.  Take a look at the MMORPG Neverwinter, and their "Zen" system.  Create a second currency in the game that is only obtainable by purchasing it from you with BTC, from other players with BTC (with you taking a small cut), or for going to advertiser \ sponsor websites to fill out surveys\sign up for services.  That currency would then be used for cool things in game that aren't actually a huge benefit in terms of power.  Maybe they have a cool graphic, or do something else interesting.

Or just provide an easy way for users to exchange BTC for the current in game currency, and the current in game currency for BTC, once again with you taking a small cut.

These ideas are probably a bit beyond where you are right now, but something to think about if you continue development, and make this into something bigger.

That sounds like a Great idea, and yes I would love to add something like this... right now CoinRPG offers foundational gameplay, and I am in the middle of drafting up a new design document that will include tons of new additional features which will need to include monetization intergrated into the gameplay design that does not take away any fun from the game. So yes the idea of allowing players to purchase items or things that don't create a huge disadvantage for other players is something I want to do for sure. I'll need to consider this whole BTC to in-game currency idea, so thank you!  Wink

I love playing RPG games, though it would be nice too if there are a lots of features regarding the items and weapons to build. Like enchanting and adding some + to the weapon. Maybe I was just thinking like MMORPG but it would be way cooler and may hit up everyone and lots of gamers might play.

donate me BTC 1FtAc2GNg6NhaFjgAhgsU7BVTxRYbZrmTP
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:33:49 AM

Quote from: mac2k13
I love playing RPG games, though it would be nice too if there are a lots of features regarding the items and weapons to build. Like enchanting and adding some + to the weapon. Maybe I was just thinking like MMORPG but it would be way cooler and may hit up everyone and lots of gamers might play.

thanks mac for the feedback! actually the plan is to add a mix of MOBA and MMORPG Features into the game. Here are some of my ideas...

You can Join a Game World in Session, When Joining a Game you'll pick a Team to Join and Spawn at a Castle as your Base (if it hasn't been captured already when you join)... You will be able to Explore the Mini Open World to Find Loot, Complete Repeatable Quests for Rewards, Hunt Monsters for Loot and EXP Points. You will be able to Quickly Level Up to a Max Level of 20 during that Game Session, Increase Stats and Unlock Additional Skills. You will also be able go Fight Raid Bosses for Additional Loot Rewards and EXP Points, But while trying to complete all of these objectives to bulk up your Player, you can also engage in PvP Combat, Facing off against an Opposing Team. Teams can Battle for Control of 4 Different Spawn Points around the Map, and also Battle to Capture the Opposing Team's Castle. Capturing Castles and Spawn Points may provide Bonuses and Rewards. Overall the main Objective through all of this will be to Compete for the Highest Ranking on the Leaderboard as the Top Player and Coin Collector of the Game! Players will earn Coins through all of these Objectives shared above.

Finally Top Players will have a chance to Win Real Bitcoins through the Weekly, or Monthly Contests...   

Regarding Weapons and Gear, I plan to allow Players (via Micro-Transaction) to Purchase Additional Skins, Gear, or Weapons but it will be Purely Cosmetics and will Not Offer an Advantage over other Players. Enchanting Weapons won't really be needed because the Player will Increase Stats as they Level Up such as Attack Power, Health, and possibly Speed! 
mac2k13

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 11:51:08 AM

thanks mac for the feedback! actually the plan is to add a mix of MOBA and MMORPG Features into the game. Here are some of my ideas...

You can Join a Game World in Session, When Joining a Game you'll pick a Team to Join and Spawn at a Castle as your Base (if it hasn't been captured already when you join)... You will be able to Explore the Mini Open World to Find Loot, Complete Repeatable Quests for Rewards, Hunt Monsters for Loot and EXP Points. You will be able to Quickly Level Up to a Max Level of 20 during that Game Session, Increase Stats and Unlock Additional Skills. You will also be able go Fight Raid Bosses for Additional Loot Rewards and EXP Points, But while trying to complete all of these objectives to bulk up your Player, you can also engage in PvP Combat, Facing off against an Opposing Team. Teams can Battle for Control of 4 Different Spawn Points around the Map, and also Battle to Capture the Opposing Team's Castle. Capturing Castles and Spawn Points may provide Bonuses and Rewards. Overall the main Objective through all of this will be to Compete for the Highest Ranking on the Leaderboard as the Top Player and Coin Collector of the Game! Players will earn Coins through all of these Objectives shared above.

Finally Top Players will have a chance to Win Real Bitcoins through the Weekly, or Monthly Contests...   

Regarding Weapons and Gear, I plan to allow Players (via Micro-Transaction) to Purchase Additional Skins, Gear, or Weapons but it will be Purely Cosmetics and will Not Offer an Advantage over other Players. Enchanting Weapons won't really be needed because the Player will Increase Stats as they Level Up such as Attack Power, Health, and possibly Speed! 

That's so awesome if it could have some features of MMORPG, but sir... I think, like other games, it would be nice to add the Weapon and Armor Enchanting system, this system could actually make some difference. Thus, enchanting some items in the game would be much pretty exciting. Like looking for some items that is used for adding some abilities, + for damage, critical hits, and many more Smiley) Oh, btw the first game that I loved online is Ragnarok, it has a low graphics though, but still have nice system and you would like to always try something different, upgrading weapons and items just to make your character tough.

Sorry sir for being such a childish, maybe my Ops are not quite good, but as a online gamer. I loved those games in which you can enhance or upgrade you items and weapons for damage and be more tougher.

donate me BTC 1FtAc2GNg6NhaFjgAhgsU7BVTxRYbZrmTP
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:36:22 PM

But do you have a possibility to deposit some Bitcoin if you want? As i understand it's something totally different from "dragon tail" but it is based on chances too?
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 08:26:55 PM

That's so awesome if it could have some features of MMORPG, but sir... I think, like other games, it would be nice to add the Weapon and Armor Enchanting system, this system could actually make some difference. Thus, enchanting some items in the game would be much pretty exciting. Like looking for some items that is used for adding some abilities, + for damage, critical hits, and many more Smiley) Oh, btw the first game that I loved online is Ragnarok, it has a low graphics though, but still have nice system and you would like to always try something different, upgrading weapons and items just to make your character tough.

Sorry sir for being such a childish, maybe my Ops are not quite good, but as a online gamer. I loved those games in which you can enhance or upgrade you items and weapons for damage and be more tougher.

Thanks! no worries, you are not childish for sharing your thoughts about what you feel would be fun in the game! All opinions, ideas, suggestions matter and will be considered for the game. I love feedback from players, but at the end of the day the only ideas or suggestions that will truly end up in the game will be those that alot of players benefit from and not just one player. So example, if alot of people agreed about your ideas, then i would have to highly consider adding it if I want the game to be successful, and keep a happy community.

But do you have a possibility to deposit some Bitcoin if you want? As i understand it's something totally different from "dragon tail" but it is based on chances too?

No I don't plan to add any kind of Bitcoin Deposit or Withdraw System anytime soon as I am still working on making the gameplay fun! The only Bitcoin Integration with the Game right now may be Purchase In-Game Items, or Currency with Bitcoin (micro-transaction), and top players winning Bitcoins!
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:44:14 PM

Hi I have some banner space on my bitcoin game are you interested?

To peel or not to peel.
emilyatk

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

great Bitcoin game! Good luck! Grin
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:29:35 AM

Currently CoinRPG Project is seeking to Partner with a Cryptocurrency Developer to help integrate Bitcoin or an Altcoin into CoinRPG where players can mine Cryptocoins. We are open to discussing other ideas for integrating Bitcoin or Altcoins if mining is not an option.

Skill Requirements: C#, MySQL, PHP, Unity, Photon Unity Networking

Partnership includes a revenue share from the Game once we establish a revenue model.

If you are interested please add Skype: jonmalave, and contact Email: jon@kuroato.com

Thank you,

Jonathan Malave
Creative Director

BTC CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 07:53:29 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 08:05:17 AM by kuroato

Surprise Update!! We have decided to do a CoinRPG! (Beta v0.2) Bitcoin Contest this Weekend of April 26th - 27th!

We are giving away 0.001 BTC to the Top 8 Players! So if you haven't started playing CoinRPG! Please make sure to Signup and Register an Account with a Valid E-Mail Address. Prizes will be Rewarded at 12AM Eastern Standard Time, Monday Morning!

Fight your way to the Top 8 on the Leaderboard by Simply Collecting vBTCTC (virtual in-game Bitcoins). Explore the World to find Loot (vBTCTC or HP & Mana Potions Helpful for Battle), Hunt Monsters for Loot and vBTCTC, and Finally Engage in PvP Combat with other Players over Lvl 10. *Tip, Defeating other Players will earn you the Most vBTCTC! So Good Luck! and Have Fun!!  Grin

Play CoinRPG! A Bitcoin RPG http://coinrpg.com/
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:09:02 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 08:20:48 PM by DiamondCardz

The game looks very crisp, to be honest, and awesome. I do believe Unity 3D games which are played via the browser are automatically Sandboxed by the Unity Webplayer, as well, so it should be safe.

EDIT: We are now mirroring CoinRPG on our website! http://freebitcoins.pw/CoinRPG/

May I ask how you will give away 0.001 BTC to each person, however? No BTC address is provided, so I guess you ask for them to PM you on the forums?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 08:32:17 PM

The game looks very crisp, to be honest, and awesome. I do believe Unity 3D games which are played via the browser are automatically Sandboxed by the Unity Webplayer, as well, so it should be safe.

EDIT: We are now mirroring CoinRPG on our website! http://freebitcoins.pw/CoinRPG/

May I ask how you will give away 0.001 BTC to each person, however? No BTC address is provided, so I guess you ask for them to PM you on the forums?

Thanks for Supporting CoinRPG! = )   

Giveway of 0.001 BTC is easy! We are using Coinbase, which has a Send BTC via Email Option. Basically you will get an invitation email to signup for a Coinbase Wallet that includes the 0.001 BTC, but you can easily Transfer the BTC from Coinbase to your Preferred Wallet of coarse. This makes things much easier for Gamers that are new to Bitcoin and don't have Bitcoin Wallets, also much easier for use because we don't need to store Bitcoin Wallets Address in our Database. Instead just send a Coinbase Wallet invite with BTC included to the Registered Email assigned to the Top 8 Winning Player.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 08:35:48 PM

Thanks for Supporting CoinRPG! = )   

Giveway of 0.001 BTC is easy! We are using Coinbase, which has a Send BTC via Email Option. Basically you will get an invitation email to signup for a Coinbase Wallet, but you can easily Transfer the BTC from Coinbase to your Preferred Wallet of coarse.

Ah, I see - that's awesome then, cool. It'll be interesting to see how you end up monetizing this and rewarding people! Looking forward to bigger maps - also, will you consider making shops where people can trade their vBTC and giving a value in BTC to them? Allow people to buy swords, etc, maybe the best sword in the game could cost 2500 vBTC. Something small like 1kSAT per vBTC, so if I have 100 vBTC I can go to a withdraw form and withdraw 0.001 BTC. Also, allow people to deposit for vBTC maybe?

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:26:35 PM

Hi Devs. Any new updates in the game? Smiley

Till now it is pretty awesome!
I hope it will gets better and better every month~!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 09:47:43 PM

On my 2GB RAM desktop computer (Win7, Chrome), I'm experiencing annoying crashes. I'll be playing for a while, and then after being fine for a while it'll decide to get a bit choppy and suddenly the screen will go blue as I use a special/magic attack. Unity will then crash and with it Chrome usually does also. It's gone blue about 4 times so far and it's very annoying. Haven't tried it on my 4GB laptop yet, will do soon.

kuroato (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:19:49 PM

On my 2GB RAM desktop computer (Win7, Chrome), I'm experiencing annoying crashes. I'll be playing for a while, and then after being fine for a while it'll decide to get a bit choppy and suddenly the screen will go blue as I use a special/magic attack. Unity will then crash and with it Chrome usually does also. It's gone blue about 4 times so far and it's very annoying. Haven't tried it on my 4GB laptop yet, will do soon.

Hmm regarding this Bug, I believe your character is probably a higher level now right? higher than 10? and if you click on magic, or special attack try clicking on yourself... see if the screen goes blue then. I believe this is a bug where the player can attack himself lol!! So for now try to avoid clicks over your player character...  Game is still a bit buggy these Fixes will come for sure. 

Regarding your ideas, cool ideas... will need to consider them, but for other future updates for now I have another offline build that I will push soon that should fix this blue screen bug, and also fix some other performance issues, and bug with Castle Loot not re-spawning. 

I am currently seeking a Partner Crypto / Game Developer to help with further updates of the Game, especially direct Bitcoin or Altcoin integration.
For More info check out this Thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583662

Updates or more advanced features may not come for sometime until I can find the right person for the job. In the meantime I am working on another Game Project that will use the same codebase from this Game but will be Built into a MOBA-style game which does not involve Bitcoin at all...  I may be able to share some of those feature updates with CoinRPG as well... but again there is no plan for integration of Bitcoin in this Forked Game Project, so I think it's better if I can find a dedicated Developer that will be interested in integrating Bitcoin or Altcoin directly into CoinRPG and continue development of different features that will work better for this game. 
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2014, 10:41:13 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 11:17:59 PM by DiamondCardz

Hmm regarding this Bug, I believe your character is probably a higher level now right? higher than 10? and if you click on magic, or special attack try clicking on yourself... see if the screen goes blue then. I believe this is a bug where the player can attack himself lol!! So for now try to avoid clicks over your player character...  Game is still a bit buggy these Fixes will come for sure.  

Regarding your ideas, cool ideas... will need to consider them, but for other future updates for now I have another offline build that I will push soon that should fix this blue screen bug, and also fix some other performance issues, and bug with Castle Loot not re-spawning.  

I am currently seeking a Partner Crypto / Game Developer to help with further updates of the Game, especially direct Bitcoin or Altcoin integration.
For More info check out this Thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583662

Updates or more advanced features may not come for sometime until I can find the right person for the job. In the meantime I am working on another Game Project that will use the same codebase from this Game but will be Built into a MOBA-style game which does not involve Bitcoin at all...  I may be able to share some of those feature updates with CoinRPG as well... but again there is no plan for integration of Bitcoin in this Forked Game Project, so I think it's better if I can find a dedicated Developer that will be interested in integrating Bitcoin or Altcoin directly into CoinRPG and continue development of different features that will work better for this game.  

Yeah, it started happening once I reached level 10. That explains it - I probably just accidentally clicked myself when the game got a little bit laggy. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: IMHO this needs to be fixed as soon as possible, though. It's very easy to click your character by accident when playing the game and it only takes 1 click to screw everything up.

circusmidget11

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

GOOD Dev

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 03:27:28 AM

Awesome development, I'm not much of a 3D gamer but this one looks cute enough to play. 

GOODcoin - C-Cex Vote - Poloniex Request -
GOOD: GcFTMgVKLGrGjY4Vm1XD8tP4vUsS64uqWw
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 06:49:06 PM

They're starting off small with the contests, but I was paid! Smiley

Good work, guys!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: