Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:35:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48788 times)
Languett89

Activity: 80
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:33:53 AM

My post was deleted for trying to get you guys on a better exchange I guess. I won't put link.

OGpost:

've just finished reading; https://medium.com/veruscoin/how-verus-solved-nothing-at-stake-and-weak-subjectivity-proof-of-stake-problems-b4dd6a85086e
Very interesting development. Now onto reading the whitepaper.
I am noticing above there are problems with ***********
Are you guys considering a new exchange?
I am telegram moderator for ****.io and would love to put forward your projects to founder, Rune Evenson.
Singaporean exchange aims to be most compliant in the market, in launch of **** 2.0, Fiat gateway; Etana and CC.
https://www.****.io/cryptocurrency-listing
They also list promising projects on different terms, you'd need to get in contact with them.
I would personally love to get some Verus but digitalprice.io exchange isn't attractive to me at all.

Like really? Why would this post get deleted? You tell me.
guilhermeppenna

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:50:07 AM

Good evening everyone
I have a small mining farm and I want to mine VERSUScoin to Solo.
Can someone send me the link to the mining program Solo?
From the moment I'm waiting for you to join the team.
Thank you

Hi, At the moment, you can get much better hashrates pool mining with the either the CPU or GPU miner. You can get those miners here: https://github.com/monkins1010/ccminer/releases

Since they are stratum miners, you do need to mine on a pool, as the wallet doesn't provide a stratum interface. We intend to put the CPU performance level from those miners back into the wallet at some point, but I can't give a date or release target for that.

You could also setup a pool yourself by using the pool software and setup instructions. That is here: https://github.com/VerusCoin/VerusServicesSetup/blob/master/S-NOMP.md

There will be a pool software update before Sapling activates on October 28th.

Thank you very much for the information.
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:02:27 AM

My post was deleted for trying to get you guys on a better exchange I guess. I won't put link.

OGpost:

've just finished reading; https://medium.com/veruscoin/how-verus-solved-nothing-at-stake-and-weak-subjectivity-proof-of-stake-problems-b4dd6a85086e
Very interesting development. Now onto reading the whitepaper.
I am noticing above there are problems with ***********
Are you guys considering a new exchange?
I am telegram moderator for ****.io and would love to put forward your projects to founder, Rune Evenson.
Singaporean exchange aims to be most compliant in the market, in launch of **** 2.0, Fiat gateway; Etana and CC.
https://www.****.io/cryptocurrency-listing
They also list promising projects on different terms, you'd need to get in contact with them.
I would personally love to get some Verus but digitalprice.io exchange isn't attractive to me at all.

Like really? Why would this post get deleted? You tell me.

Not sure, but we did respond above with your comment quoted. Definitely interested to learn more, and thanks!
triplexDP

Activity: 145
Merit: 8

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:18:49 AM
Merited by VerusCoin (1)

We are doing our best to get the exchange wallet updated, please be patient. Once its updated i will announce it here on this thread.

Regards
Claudio

Sorry for the delay, i just wanted to let the community know that the wallet on our exchange has been updated and its fully synced.

Regards
Claudio
guilhermeppenna

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:00:16 AM

Any predictions for Cuda 9 or 10 on CCminer? Well I see that my 1080ti does not make maximum use of the plate, it oscillates a lot and does not take full advantage of its capacity.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:57:26 AM

Any predictions for Cuda 9 or 10 on CCminer? Well I see that my 1080ti does not make maximum use of the plate, it oscillates a lot and does not take full advantage of its capacity.

I'm not sure if you mean speed or when they will be available. I believe monkins1010 had been making the cuda 9 available and defaulted to 8 for performance. You might want to join the Discord and ask him. His handle there is: @Chris - LOUD Mining Dev-Ops#5278
toyo87

Activity: 738
Merit: 100

Follow on Twitter @realToyoTheo

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:22:36 AM

Helloo Dev, what is the mining block reward?

🧬⛓Blockchain ENTHUSIAST and EVANGELIST🎊. Crypto Investor💻, Miner🧰, Trader👨‍💻. Project Ambassadors👨‍💼, Community Manager👥, Blogger🥳 & MORE.
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 03:00:22 AM

Helloo Dev, what is the mining block reward?

Mining and staking block rewards are 24 right now, with the next halving in about 2 years. You can also earn rewards by catching proof of stake cheaters when the Verus Sapling compatible protocol activates. Cheat Catching is not actually creating new coins, just using proof that a previous staker cheated by staking the same coins on the main chain as well as one or more orphans to spend the reward they received on the main chain before they can. When mining and staking after Sapling activates, those full nodes who have set a sapling cheat catcher address will sometimes receive an extra coinbase shielded to their Sapling address.
kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:25:21 AM

How to encrypt wallet in Agama app?
IMadGod

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 12:30:30 PM

Tell me, step by step instructions for solo extraction on GPU Huh
kostepanych2

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 02:29:27 PM

Is it safe to trade on Digitalprice Exchange www.digitalprice.io?
Can't find any information about it...
I see there was problems with VSRC coins there... (Now fixed?)
But were there any issues with deposit/withdraw btc?
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:03:41 PM

Is it safe to trade on Digitalprice Exchange www.digitalprice.io?
Can't find any information about it...
I see there was problems with VSRC coins there... (Now fixed?)
But were there any issues with deposit/withdraw btc?

All the issues have been resolved, and its been working good.
kostepanych2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

Trying to send coins in Agama wallet but get an error:
"An unknown error occured, if you are sending mined funds, check that you have shielded them to a private address before attempting to send"
WTF???
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 09:08:18 AM

"An unknown error occured, if you are sending mined funds, check that you have shielded them to a private address before attempting to send"
WTF???

The rule for coinbases on Verus, Zcash, and a number of other coins with zk-SNARKs, is that you must "shield" your coinbase transactions before you can use them, by sending them entirely to a z-address first, then back to a t-address. the Wallet has a shield all recent coinbases option, but you must make a private address (use legacy until Sapling activates) before you will see the option in the send screen. it is possible to send the entire amount to a z-address manually, but the easiest way to do it is by using the automatic shield coinbase option on the send screen.
kostepanych2

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:30:54 PM

WTF???

The rule for coinbases on Verus, Zcash, and a number of other coins with zk-SNARKs, is that you must "shield" your coinbase transactions before you can use them, by sending them entirely to a z-address first, then back to a t-address. the Wallet has a shield all recent coinbases option, but you must make a private address (use legacy until Sapling activates) before you will see the option in the send screen. it is possible to send the entire amount to a z-address manually, but the easiest way to do it is by using the automatic shield coinbase option on the send screen.
What is the "the automatic shield coinbase option" on the send screen?
There are only 2 options:
1) "Send from the private address". I created private address but there is 0 balance on it. Should I send coins to this address?
2) "Shield all recent coinbase transactions". If I understand correctly, when enabling this option all coins will be send to the private address?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 06:30:33 AM

WTF???

1) "Send from the private address". I created private address but there is 0 balance on it. Should I send coins to this address?
2) "Shield all recent coinbase transactions". If I understand correctly, when enabling this option all coins will be send to the private address?

For #2, it will only select mature coinbase transactions that must be shielded and leave all other transactions alone.
kostepanych2

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 09:54:38 AM

WTF???

For #2, it will only select mature coinbase transactions that must be shielded and leave all other transactions alone.
What are the "mature coinbase transactions" that must be shielded? All mined coins must be shielded?
Where can I read information about that in details?
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 03:47:55 PM

WTF???

What are the "mature coinbase transactions" that must be shielded? All mined coins must be shielded?
Where can I read information about that in details?

mature means they have gone through the required confirmations. Yea you just send them to your shielded address and then send them back.
kostepanych2

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 07:11:50 PM

I want to ensure that I will do all correctly...

To "shield" coinbase transactions before I can use them I have to:
1) Create a private z-address. It's a 78 characters address beginning with "z" letter.
2) On the "Send" screen I have to check "Shield all recent coinbase transaction", enter a private address created on the 1st step and then click on "Shield Funds" button.

After this step all my mature coinbase transactions that must be shielded will be sent to the private address and then I should send them back to any of my public addresses?

And what if I will mistake and enter wrong z-address on the 2st step? I will lose all my mined coins? Or there will be an error?
VerusCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 12:42:51 AM

First a couple of the exciting items.  Besides all the improvements and features being activated on Verus at block 227520, this week we completed two very important developments. The first major development is with regards to Electrum server support for Sapling.  In our research we could not find Electrum support for Sapling, so we coded support into the Verus Electrum server, which is being tested now for a smooth transition on lite wallets. Secondly, we didn’t find an open source solution for upgrading pool software, so we also took on the task of coding support for Sapling into our pool software. Not only does the pool software in VerusCoin github repos now fully support Sapling, it will activate seamlessly at block 227520 for Verus and as open source.  This means it can even be used by other projects who are implementing Sapling! It's difficult to adequately communicate the gravity of moving all ecosystem software over in synchrony with our small community team. It was a significant effort and positions us to have full Sapling support throughout our technology.

We also need to share a couple items that aren't so exciting, but we believe it’s important to let everyone in the community know about imperfect situations as well as successes.

One of the things we love about Verus is the active and supportive community. It's also easy in such a positive environment as this to let our guard down. Unfortunately I personally made such a mistake with regards to the Stex listing. The good news is, we are approved for listing as we announced and VRSC/BTC pairing is coming soon. The bad news is that the messages and email we received asking for 0.2 BTC for the listing was spoofed and by the time we heard back from the real Stex, our payment of .2 BTC had been sent to the scammer’s BTC address. As it turns out, Stex has progressed significantly since they were a stocks exchange.  They have mobile trading apps for Android and IOS, and are now offering USD, GBP, EUR, and JPY markets as well, though listing fees for those are out of our range at this time. It also turns out that the actual listing price for Stex will be 1 BTC, not the 0.2 BTC that the scammers led us to believe. The community donated immediately and generously for the listing, and the Verus Coin Foundation is willing to make up the difference.

This sort of thing happens all the time in these types of projects, but we wanted to be fully open with our community about this occurrence. Also, as this is the first instance of a real scam connected to our Discord, we want to remind all of us to keep our guards up while still recognizing and appreciating what an incredible community we are.

Lastly, although we are absorbing this hit on the Foundation level, we are willing to refund anyone who donated and feels unhappy about this situation. As mentioned, the actual fee to list is 1 BTC and we will be paying the difference of donations and the fee from the Foundation, as we believe this listing is important, as is following through on our commitment to the community. Ultimately, we believe that moving forward with Stex will be the best move for Verus, the project, and the community.

The second item I’d like to discuss is the block height vs the date of October 28. Those of you who did the math have no doubt noticed block height 227520 lands us at right about 8:30 PM EDT on October 30 for the activation of Sapling.  When first coding Sapling into the Verus code I set this block height to allow a couple days of buffer, in case we found issues while we were testing things, etc. As it turned out, we did not need the buffer and our intent was to update this number to land us directly on October 28 before releasing the upgrade. The task of setting that number back the 2 days was mine, and it simply fell through the cracks, as I was focused on functionality and the importance of the coding and testing to be thorough and completed in time. It was only quite recently that I realized the issue myself and once the working software has been released that isn’t something we can now change.

What this means is Verus will still activate at block 227520, as originally stated, with all features described, however that is actually going to occur on October 30 at ~8:30 PM EDT.  This is not a problem of course, and we did release Sapling support, a solution for nothing at stake that allows all of us to earn more by catching stake cheaters with plenty of time to hit an earlier date. At the same time, these are corrections to what we’ve explained so far and we wanted to talk about it and let the community know the adjusted target date of activation.

Looking ahead to this coming week, we hope you will join us in celebrating new capabilities and the activation of arguably the most technically advanced blockchain running today, as we welcome these exciting new Verus technologies when they activate on Tuesday!

If you have any questions or would like to discuss this announcement further, please join us in the #general-discussion channel on our Discord: https://discord.gg/YqnhueF.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: