Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:54:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Verus (VRSC) - zk-SNARK privacy, CPU-mining, 50/50 POW/POS, fair launch  (Read 48713 times)
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 12:38:21 PM

Dont bother trying to stake this coin.
I have "staked" 1000 coins for over a month now, and got ZERO returns...completely pointless.
Unlike normal staking where you simply fget a fixed percentage, you have to "WIN" a block to get a share, and unless you have 1000's of coins , no chance.
You may have more luck in the various "staking pools" who knows

You realize that your 1000 coins staking are against nearly 50 million coins other may stake.
It's just like mining, where if you have a low hash power you have less chance to mine a block. Hence why people are using pools instead of solo mining.

I have personally seen VRSC stakes with less than 5 coins. Of course that won't happen daily or even monthly.

If individuals have more than 50 million coins, then this coin isnt even worth mining....
It cost roughly $350-450 a week to mine 10,000 coins or about $800
So to mine 50,000,000 coins, would cost around $1,750,000 and take 35,000 weeks, or 675 years.

I have only ever seen the official block explorer, so i have no idea what the top 100 balances are, perhaps you could post a link please.
Also, using Verus wallet 6.4, with my 1000 coins in theory i should get 0.4 VRSC a day ($0.04), or 146VRSC a year ($13.25), but that means someone holding 50,000,000 VRSC would in theory stake 17.28k VRSC a day ($1.56k USD) or 6.31M VRSC ($570.44k USD).
Now i'm pretty sure that no one is earning those kind of figures, therefore, i stand by my original comment. At the moment i think it is pointless staking (unless you have spend $1000's on mining and have a MASSIVE balance)
I'd be interested to see what stake value they got for 5 coins...
Like i say my 1000 coins has netted ZERO in 1 month....perhaps i have just been really unlucky....but if its not making money why bother doing it?Huh
https://ibb.co/jG70HZ6
https://ibb.co/C0dQDxw
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 05:08:16 PM

Dont bother trying to stake this coin.
I have "staked" 1000 coins for over a month now, and got ZERO returns...completely pointless.
Unlike normal staking where you simply fget a fixed percentage, you have to "WIN" a block to get a share, and unless you have 1000's of coins , no chance.
You may have more luck in the various "staking pools" who knows

From what I can tell you would need at least 6000 coins to stake a few times a month and something like 50000 to 60000 coins to stake every day. It seems that if you have at least 6000 coins then it would probably be worth it to stake them on a low power device like the atomic pi. It would be nice to hear from others with 5000+ coins and if they are getting any stakes monthly with that amount.
Tarz

Activity: 237
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 01, 2020, 05:30:57 PM

Anyone staking this coin and if so do you have an optimal stake size you are staking in order to get the best results given the recent network change and growing difficulty?

i am staking this coin. 40k averages for a daily stake. Smiley if you want you could join a staking pool https://veruscoin.io/getVRSC.html there are several available.

That is a nice chunk, sounds like its not worth staking unless you have a chunk like that and stake pools seem pretty inconvenient. I appreciate the feedback and wish you continued success with your daily staking.

But its not worth either when there is less volume to the coin. It needs to add more features to attract more volume to this coin and then you can add it to well known exchange as well.  Maybe bittrex or crex24 for now, it has to add up to get more volume. Crypto market needs to have more privacy coin for us to have move option and the cheaper ones with good volume are just what we may need.

The volume possesses a fugacious nature, in essence making it an unreliable indicator of where a coin may be on its path to the next peak. Volume tends to disappear when I stop buying, and the opposite happens when Im back in the game with another insertion of cash. That is to say that I am the only worthy indicator of coins health. People do not realize that most coins tend to move only when I straddle and ride them.
GoogleBit

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 04, 2020, 08:54:10 AM

I stake only in hope, the coin will be 10x when I sell them in the future.
If not, not much is lost...

(I'm in crypto since 2013... Cool)
Oink70

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2020, 06:08:49 PM

I stake only in hope, the coin will be 10x when I sell them in the future.
If not, not much is lost...

The 40k mentioned above is a bit on the high side to stake on average on a daily basis.
The ROI percentage for staking is the same for all balances. The number mentioned indicates only receiving a reward about every day. I'll not overcomplicate stuff: if a 40k balance gets 1 blockreward per day, you can expect a 4k balance to yield a reward every 10 days, a 400 balance every 100 days, etcetera, etcetera.

It functions like solo mining versus pool mining. If you have the nerves to go without rewards for those periods mentioned, you save yourself the pool fees when staking in your own wallet.
If you're comfortable having your funds under 3rd party control, you may opt for pool mining and enjoy the regular rewards coming in.

If you want to just HODL for future profit, I would certainly keep the wallet staking. Every reward will be a bonus...
dudezmobi.vrsc

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 01, 2020, 10:44:33 AM

happy birthday veruscoin!
MofoMF

Activity: 320
Merit: 101

Mai bine mort,decat asa de viu! *TM

View Profile
May 05, 2020, 02:17:00 AM

10 hours of syncing with blockchain and i`m at 15% ... wget for bootstrap ?

eTitanium [ETIT] Blockchain Cryptocurrency
WebsiteWhitepaperBlock ExplorerDownloadRoadmapForumPool
specumining

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

Crypto Miner and Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2020, 02:39:05 PM

10 hours of syncing with blockchain and i`m at 15% ... wget for bootstrap ?

Is on the website

Jumpstart your native wallet using this bootstrap and save hours on synchronizing.

https://wiki.veruscoin.io/#!how-to%5Chow-to_bootstrap.md

Manual procedure:
If you do not feel confident in executing the instructions listed below, consider using the automated bootstrap script
available for your Operating system.

Standard Manual Procedure
Make sure your wallet is not active.
If you already had you wallet running, backup essential files:
a. Go to VRSC Wallet location
b. copy wallet.dat to a SAFE location
c. copy VRSC.conf to a SAFE location
d. Verify that both files are copied to your safe location
Make sure the latest version of your Wallet for Verus is installed
a. Download the latest Verus Wallet from link 1, supplied above.
b. Verify the SHA256 checksum & signature of your download, to verify you have an untampered installer.
c. extract the file you just downloaded to a suitable location.
Installing the bootstrap:
a. Download the bootstrap from Link 2. (For Windows a zip archive is available to accomodate native extraction. Linux and MacOS users can use the tar.gz archive)
b. (Optional, but recommended) Verify the md5, sha256 or sha512 checksum and the signature of your download, to verify that you downloaded an untampered Bootstrap archive.
c. Unpack the downloaded archive to VRSC Wallet location.
Start your wallet
If you followed these steps, you will have installed/updated the latest version of a wallet for verus, made a backup of your wallet and installed the bootstrap. If desired you can remove the downloaded bootstrap archive to free up space on your hard drive.
cryptofirm

Activity: 1039
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
June 13, 2020, 12:32:16 PM

today i saw this coin at coinmarketcap
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/veruscoin

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pinpins

Activity: 1022
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 03:59:02 PM

You can mine Verus at autoexchange mining pool Zergpool.com at 0.5% fee. Please use following commands for different mining options

Option 1 Auto coin switch mining by profitability within algorithm with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u <YOURBTCWALLET> -p c=BTC 

Option 2 Direct coin mining with payout to coin wallet
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u <YOURVRSCWALLET> -p c=VRSC,mc=VRSC

Option 3 Direct coin mining with autoexchange to specified coin wallet(BTC in example below)
Code:
  -o stratum+tcp://verushash.mine.zergpool.com:3300 -u <YOURBTCWALLET> -p c=BTC,mc=VRSC

Please note mc stands for mining coin symbol, c stand for payout coin symbol

Verushash 2.2 is now supported

Autoexchange to BTC, LTC, DASH, BCH, DOGE or any other currency we mine
Happy mining,
 cheers pinpin
Siolim

Activity: 107

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 12:27:32 PM

Yes, it's full fucked up! There are a lot of viruses in the new miner, here is one of them Trojan: Win32 / Wacatac.D! Ml. For suckers all think?

https://github.com/VerusCoin/nheqminer/releases/tag/v0.8.1
Oink70

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 07:33:13 PM

Yes, it's full fucked up! There are a lot of viruses in the new miner, here is one of them Trojan: Win32 / Wacatac.D! Ml. For suckers all think?

https://github.com/VerusCoin/nheqminer/releases/tag/v0.8.1

Miners are known to be used in malware to make use of other peoples resources to earn money.
As a result many virus-scanners report false positives, because they do not scan for malware, but payload (the miner) that is often distributed by malware.

Submit the executable to https://virustotal.com and you'll see that 11 engines make a positive detection, most of which catogorizing it as a Coinminer or as not-a-virus

If it weren't a mining program I would be worried, but in this case it is your virusscanner overreacting.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/491d9dd99fe82ec29914fb3f16b1a8f9b1b3d878d360a7670f4fcd2240a7cdf5/detection
Oink70

View Profile
June 15, 2020, 08:37:45 PM

Anyone staking using an atomic pi? Looks like a pretty low cost and low power solution to have your staking wallet on all the time.

I am staking on a RockPi at a comfortable 3.4 Watts usage (when I don't switch on mining). Mind you that I attached a NVMe drive to it, for (among other things) blockchain storage. For pure staking a USB drive would suffice.

Your Pi needs to run a 64-bit OS to run the wallet, so 32-bit Raspbian release are not suitable. Then again: lots of 64-bit ARM Linux releases are available.

Happy staking!
thefix
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2020, 09:55:18 PM

Anyone staking using an atomic pi? Looks like a pretty low cost and low power solution to have your staking wallet on all the time.

I am staking on a RockPi at a comfortable 3.4 Watts usage (when I don't switch on mining). Mind you that I attached a NVMe drive to it, for (among other things) blockchain storage. For pure staking a USB drive would suffice.

Your Pi needs to run a 64-bit OS to run the wallet, so 32-bit Raspbian release are not suitable. Then again: lots of 64-bit ARM Linux releases are available.

Happy staking!

Sounds like the atomic pi will be perfect since its an intel atom x5-Z8350 with 2gb ram and 16gb flash on board. Will probably have to move the chain over to a usb drive in the future as it grows
dudezmobi.vrsc

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 21, 2020, 01:44:32 PM

today i saw this coin at coinmarketcap
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/veruscoin

yeahoooooooooooooooo Smiley
Oink70

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 07:49:30 AM

Sounds like the atomic pi will be perfect since its an intel atom x5-Z8350 with 2gb ram and 16gb flash on board. Will probably have to move the chain over to a usb drive in the future as it grows

The chain takes a bit over 7GB drivespace at the moment, so that would be to move the chain to a USB drive.

For people that are not proficient on the CLI, Verus-Desktop also runs on ARMx64, so a GUI Ubuntu is also an option:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESMYlXNXUAEzzZW?format=jpg&name=large

This picture was actually used to show the zcash capabilities, but the running native chains are clearly visible.
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2020, 08:51:46 PM

The new, recommended Verus Desktop release 0.7.0-4 both GUI and CLI for all desktop platforms is ready and waiting for you at https://veruscoin.io/wallet !

- Coinbase shielding will no longer be required on any coinbases from the past that have not yet been shielded.
- Staking will now work on all normal ID balances, enabling full use of IDs for storing and staking funds.
- A new “sendcurrency” API for the command line provides more control when sending from and to multiple addresses or identities.
- “updateidentity` will now be able to change the case of characters in the name of a VerusID in the global locale.
- Revocation identity will now lose all control over an ID after revocation, including the ability to still change the revocation identity itself, which it used to retain. After revocation now, the recovery identity will have full control over the revoked ID.
- Staking and hashing consensus protocol updates with VerusHash 2.2
- Validate ID destination when sending VRSC

We hope you enjoy it!
Oink70

View Profile
July 10, 2020, 12:22:29 PM

The Verus VRSC listing on WhiteBIT is active as of 10:00am UTC 10.07.2020.

The first marketpair available is VRSC/BTC, with the pairs VRSC/ETH, VRSC/EUR (fiat), VRSC/USD (fiat) and VRSC/RUB (fiat) being implemented shortly.

HELP support the foundation and use the foundation referral: https://whitebit.com/referral/VerusFoundation to create a account on WhiteBIT for 0 trading fee on VRSC/BTC from 10.07.2020 to 24.07.2020.

Let's pull together and make this exchange listing a succes story.

Get to know WhiteBIT exchange!

Demo Token Trading Competition (total prize money 1BTC)
Token Competitions
AirDrops
Giveaway and more.

With the fiat on-/of-ramp that WhiteBIT provides it will be easier for new and existing users to onboard Verus without shifting various Crypto assets between exchanges first, lowering the treshold for the onboard process and potentially growing adoption.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 13, 2020, 10:57:39 PM

The first marketpair available is VRSC/BTC, with the pairs VRSC/ETH, VRSC/EUR (fiat), VRSC/USD (fiat) and VRSC/RUB (fiat) being implemented shortly.

HELP support the foundation and use the foundation referral: https://whitebit.com/referral/VerusFoundation to create a account on WhiteBIT for 0 trading fee on VRSC/BTC from 10.07.2020 to 24.07.2020.

Token Competitions
AirDrops
Giveaway and more.

With the fiat on-/of-ramp that WhiteBIT provides it will be easier for new and existing users to onboard Verus without shifting various Crypto assets between exchanges first, lowering the treshold for the onboard process and potentially growing adoption.

Great job in getting VRSC added to a more reputable exchange https://whitebit.com/trade/VRSC_BTC . Looking forward to seeing VRSC being adopted and used by many projects.
VerusCoin (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 15, 2020, 10:50:02 AM

Token Competitions
AirDrops
Giveaway and more.

Verus has now three market pairs available on WhiteBIT exchange: one crypto pair VRSC/BTC and two fiat pairs: VRSC/USD and VRSC/EUR.

The fiat pairs will enable people to easily exchange their euros or dollars directly into VRSC. Shifting funds to other exchanges to get Verus is no longer needed.

VRSC/ETH and VRSC/RUB will be implemented shortly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: