Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:32:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Reviews, trust them or NOT?  (Read 2253 times)
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:11:47 PM

ICO reviews are like commercials lately.  They are not to be trusted, because they are not made in the interest of the investors. If the ICO pays good will have good review.

But is there any among the rating sites that are as close as possible to the real evaluation of projects?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:18:05 PM

ICO reviews are like commercials lately.  They are not to be trusted, because they are not made in the interest of the investors. If the ICO pays good will have good review.

I see this on some ICO's and when I make my own review it failed for me so basically this is really happening. The better way to know if the project is good is through your own analysis and research, don't trust ICO reviews easily because sometimes its just a hype.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:19:38 PM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

Its okay to following on some site review of the ICO project you want to join. But what you need to know is, dont use ico review site as a guarantee that all of that ICO is great

just as like when altcoin first launched and its want to listing to the exchange, no one knows the real price, they just expect its going to be a good one.
aileen393332xe5157

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:20:56 PM

Actually, the ICO rating websites have helped a lot of investors. That is the foundation, the basis is the goal ... to choose potential ICO. But sometimes the reviews are not objective. So, in my opinion, you should not rely entirely on these reviews, but you must constantly monitor the market, use your knowledge, experience and sometimes the community to take care of the project to Carefully analyze the project you are interested in. Decide on yourself. Because your decision will create opportunities for you that risk is also for you.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:24:26 PM

The ICO website has a specific result, so you should not put your trust in a website because the results may be wrong or wrong. Therefore, there should be an objective comparison between the ICOs review websites to provide the most accurate results to make investment decisions.

ipbitrung01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:43:05 PM

ICO reviews provide investors with a variety of means for research and selection. But sometimes those reviews are not really objective, the evaluators sometimes do the job, you do not know the value and capacity of the evaluator ... In my opinion, you rely on into knowledge, experience, community based and regularly monitor and analyze information about previous projects that ultimately decide. It is you who is responsible for your decision to contain no one else.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:51:49 PM

My personal opinion that we can trust ico reviews, criptocurrency rank websites and etc. However, we need to check several sources of information to find out necessary and more correct information

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:53:01 PM

Nope,those websites shouldnt be trusted most of these reviews are paid, i dont trust others when it comes to my review i usually do a lot of background research,searching for facts and if i do have noticed some red flags i wont going to join that ICO,i would spread the word to the whole forum so that people would be more aware of these scams.

DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:54:50 PM

Not all ICO review is trusted some of them if you put a lot of money then they will give you a good review about the project even if it is a scam project they will give a positive feedback so sometimes don't trust about the review of some people.
jimskiy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Videow review of Ico it will be manipulated by their team where they can use fake information about their icoa and their team, telegram channel it easy to get and visited by more people by giving an airdrop will be more added of person to invited telegram channel group of ico. But trust or not on ico is based on respond form the member on telegram channel ico where we can see more people will say everything about the ico.

BTC BitwayBTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
────────  DiscordInstagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook   ────────
geyayy

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:03:04 AM

We can't take them off from the system because basically, they are advertisements from the projects itself. I myself don't believe in reviews that are publish in the presence of mass media it is possibly an advertisement but I do believe in ICO rating sites like ICObench which I testify as a very reliable source of ICO rating and review.

Way2Paradise

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:05:22 AM

i trust them till today. after i find this thread i think different about it.

i thought these pages would be reliable, but apparently not.
sinachy

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 12:12:29 AM

Well there are some reviews that are paid and there are some reviews which are not paid, they do their own review without seeking any monetary value. For now I know icodrops don't collect money to do review or list project on their site, Ian balina doesn't collect money too to do his video reviews, though i will agree with you that 99% of the reviews are paid reviews.
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:01:11 AM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

Well mostly all reviews are inaccurate since just like the cryptocurrency market, no one knows what will happen in the market day by day. Also your point that most of them are paid reviews so that makes it unreliable. But the dev team is commended also that they are making a move in promoting their point or project.
aehsj

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:11:41 AM

I think most reviews of some of the rating websites can only serve as a reference and cannot be completely believed. The rating information provided by those rating websites that are not charged will have greater reference value. To make a big investment or to understand, review, and research on your own.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:26:15 AM

There are so many ico review websites and not every website is reliable. There have been times when I was misguided into buying a coin rated 4.5/5 in ICO but it actually turned out to be a scam. The company ran away with people's money and I was one of the investors. So now I only rely on icobench for all my information.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:37:45 AM

ICO are not scam, most of them are genuine and they pay what they promise. However sometimes it takes alot of time for ICOs to get listed on exchange which is frustrating.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
briton

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:41:04 AM

If you don't trust the ICO's review, and would like an analysis of where? I think there is no other way again. ICO ranking or review same. If I believe it, for reference in the analysis, whether this is a good project or less nice. However, on second thought logically should remain as well.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:47:04 AM

Not all ICO reviews are true. Remember that there are media campaigns (blog, article or video campaigns). These are paid services which means the developer will most probably pay the participant that endorses their project. There are websites where you can rely on but blogging sites and social medias are not the place you should trust.

azvn

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:54:20 AM

make your own research, don't trust them. It used to be trusted but at the moment, when a lot of ICO, they can not rate all of ICO correctly.
Now, investing on ICO is like gambling. Just make your own research to reduce rate of loss. See Denaro and Bitpenta before, they got high mark on ICO review, get a lot of fund then run away.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: