Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:41:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO Reviews, trust them or NOT?  (Read 2253 times)
Pencha

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:01:45 PM

Yes they are all corrupt ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
karramov

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:08:52 PM

It all depends on the project. If this is not a necessary deception to anyone then all who promote it are deceivers. And if it is a worthy product that all who helps to draw attention in it are worthy respect.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:30:15 PM

I have some trusted channels when it comes to deciding if I should invest in the ICO or not. But there is a sea full of shillers and people who are being paid for presenting a project in better light than it deserves to be presented. Avoid most of the Youtube reviewers, those tend to be the worst (with some bright exceptions). 
ofeefee
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001

Tokenize Fantasy Sports

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:20:39 PM

I don't trust ICO reviews. I may use them for an idea, but always do my own research and have my own opinion.
A lot of reviews are made for money and they are not so truthful and honest.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▄▄
▄███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▄
▄██▒▒▒█████████████████▒▒▒██▄
██▒▒████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄▄███▄▄████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀█████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████████████████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▄███████▄████████████▒▒██
██▒▒████████▀███▀▀▀▀▀████████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▄███████▄███████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████▀▀███▀▀▀▀███████████▒▒██
██▒▒██████████████▄██████████▒▒██
██▒▒███████████▀▀▀█████████▒▒██
▀██▒▒▒█████▄████▄██████▒▒▒██▀
▀███▒▒▒▒█████████▒▒▒▒███▀
▀▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
.STRYKZ     THE TOKEN FOR ALL FOOTBALL FANS.
..TOKENISING FANTASY SPORTS▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬....

█████████████▄
██   ▄▄   ██▀██▄
██ ▄█▀▀█▄ ██▒▒▀██▄
██ ▀█▄▄█▀ ██▒▒▒▒▀██
██   ▀▀   █████████
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██               ██
███████████████████
Whitelist
WHITELIST
BOUNTIES

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
█████████████▀▀▀      ██████
████████▀▀▀       ▄    ███████
█████▄         ▄█▀    ████████
████████▄    ▄█▀      ████████
███████████▄█▀       █████████
████████████  ▄     ████████
▀███████████ ███▄  ████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
MEDIUM
FACEBOOK
YOUTUBE
[                      █     █     █
                      ██▄ ▄███▄ ▄██
                       ███████████
                       ███████████
                        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄
                       ████████ ██
                      ▄███████▀ ███
                      ████▄▄▄▄▄ ███
                      ▀███████▀  ██
                      █████▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▀████████▀
                       ▀████▄▄▄▄
                         ▀█████▀
STRYKING
]
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:25:11 PM

Though ICO ratings and reviews are the basis of most investors i dont rely on it personally. I have seen how developers boost ICO ratings. Sometimes by pushing the bounty hunters and airdroppers to vote for their ICOs in the ICO rating and reviews site. I was even asked to vote.

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:26:00 PM

I don't like ICO reviews and ratings because a lot of them are paid and we can't know which are paid and which are not.
I like the ICO aggregtor sites, because they list all the information about the project in a convenient way though.
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:27:50 PM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.

In my own opinion, you should always look at the platform if the ico is really promising or not so in this way you will knew if the coin is really good for long term investment or not depending on the project.

VenturaBro

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:30:11 PM

I only trust them if most, if not all, review sites say the same thing.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:35:42 PM

Yes they are all corrupt ...

Most of them are probably bought but I wouldn't go so far as to say they're all corrupt. At least some try to be unbiased.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
Ogman22

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 08:36:03 PM

Video Reviews, ICO mailers, Listing websites, Telegram Groups, Can you trust them?

Before expressing my opinion about this I would like to mention that the statement made by me is not regarding any particular blogger, vlogger or a listing website. These are all my individual opinions.

Coming back to our topic. I strongly believe that

Most of the ICO reviews made by vloggers on youtube, bloggers on websites, ICO review websites and Telegram channels and groups created by so called “Gurus” have absolutely no value associated with them, are “useless”.

Here is why I think these reviews mislead people more than they help:

They are all paid reviews

The fact that most of the reviewers take money from the company to write about them makes the first point. Why would you write bad about somebody who is paying you to write. That would be best idea to close your shop, isn’t it? :-) lol!. They get money to attract people to make an investment. It’s their job or business model and if they have to be successful they have to deliver well on that.

A good article or a video is the one which brings more people to buy the product

Think about this, A good review article or a youtube video has nothing to do with the success of the product. Usually, Success of the product will come long after you had watched the video and most of the time when you will see the result of your investment you would have forgotten the research you did to figure out if the ICO was good or bad. But, If the video or that content is not entertaining or engaging enough you would not like it which would mean less business to the paying party. To summarise, Reviews are 100% focused towards engagement rather than success of the product.

Have you ever seem a player who represent his country for football as well as Rugby?
Most of the reviewers will speak and write about every industry, product originating from every country, product using every technology and with the token economics as difficult to understand that a qualified economist will struggle. I mean, They say and write those things for which even Warren Buffet would have said “I don’t know” :-) but these guys know everything ( I don’t know why I am thinking about my wife while writing this content :-)).

They should be themselves made billions by now

Can you imagine a person knowing so much about the whole business field that he has a following of 10,000 or 100,000 people and not making billions. I mean, He is like the person who touches anything and that turns out to be gold, Isn’t it?. Don’t get me wrong, They make very good money from the companies who want them to attract traffic for their websites. The point is, A person who is super expert of a segment like “blockchain ICO” (It’s true that many ICOs have given more than 100,000X returns) must have invested his $500 into those 100s of successful ICOs, right? :-). Somehow, That’s not the case and they keep on freelancing or working for very big marketing companies.

So, To whom should you listen? Who can give you the correct information? How can you trust that information?

I will share my thoughts about it shortly. If I am thinking on correct lines or saying something completely incorrect, I would let you to decide.

In the meantime, Please checkout our ICO at www.talenthon.io, We are a very genuine team based out of UK trying to disrupt an industry which is desperately looking for change with a unique vision. Invest if you like the whole business proposition.
this is a long one though but you are very correct. you have just drawn the thin line between 'review' and 'advertisement'. i like to go with icobench in most cases though they might be not so accurate.

p.s. have you heard about the 'fight' between foever has fallen ceo and icobench review. icobench labelled forever has fallen a scam because it failed to reveal it tokenomics...
Yasman

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:36:49 PM

I only trust them if most, if not all, review sites say the same thing.
You shouldn't trust them because there is not that much people looking to help people, they just want to make as much cash as they can. So yea....that's what you should do.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1579

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:40:23 PM

I would rather not trust any paid review, it is common sense that these are surely going to be biased. I would rather go for ICOs like Qurrex that have independent reviews that are really good.

LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 08:41:11 PM

I trust a select few with good reputations and that try to remain unbiased.

So IMO there are still a few good ones out there.
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:45:24 PM

IMO, do not over-reliance on any ICO review page. There should be an objective comparison between ICO review websites such as ICObench, ICOreview, and ICOrate to find the most accurate results. Each site has its own consequences and should aggregate websites to produce results according to their own wishes.
We should not fully rely into those informations or reviews being posted and as you mentioned differentiating or comparing review websites will really took too much time and we know most investors would really be lazy enough not to take such step which is actually helpful.You would able to point out which is biased and which are not but still even you do see informations about the project the final decision would still depend on you as long you don't go all in or fully depend on reviews and just basing with your own knowledge and research then review would just be an add up to justify something.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:06:15 PM

You really cannot trust any review sites completely because there are chances that they will be paid to endorse their project, if you are planning to invest in any projects make sure you take time to learn about them, visit their development team telegram channel and as questions according to their development rather than trusting to some reviews.
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:15:05 PM

I think it's a good idea to test your ICO projects yourself with your knowledge, as you say most ICO reviewers are hired to PR for those projects. Just refer to their reviews but decide to stay with you because I think the projects they are evaluating are good enough.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:18:28 PM

ICO reviews are like commercials lately.  They are not to be trusted, because they are not made in the interest of the investors. If the ICO pays good will have good review.
fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:23:25 PM

Not everyone will make positive reviews for money. Reviewers are getting paid for their honest opinion. A review about an ICO by experienced and experts may help to all investors and they can value their investment by it. To maintain a long-term relationship with users, ICO reviewers and rating platforms are doing their best.
somebadger

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:26:00 PM

First of all, almost all the ICO reviews are fake, i only trust in a few of them, but sadly, most of them are paid ones (we can not trust in anyone) that is the reason of why i am always doing my own research, i never heard the opinion of anyone else when i have to invest
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:27:15 PM

I certainly still believe in ICO because not all ICO's are scammers or scams. There are still plenty of good potential ICOs. You can just see in bountyhive many of which ICO is still successful and good. And of course it is a trust. ICO is one of the best investment places if we want to invest long-term.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: