Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:01:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] | ██ ★ NOW ON CRYPTSY ★ ██ | •• ALIENCOIN •• | ◘ [ALN] ◘ √ |  (Read 121058 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:47:38 AM

Sci-Fi Coin Exchange planned down time: Sunday 10 PM PST for 1 hour.

Quite a bit of improvements will be deployed during this upgrade!

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
spicelord

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 03:46:46 AM

Wow network at 3 mhash. Still enough buys on sci fi for some profit to be made

unfocus

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 08:51:59 AM

Very happy to announce several fixes that we did with Scifi-ex.com tonight.

1. We finally got rid of scientific notation.
2. The rounding error on withdrawals should not resurface again.
3. We have a dedicated history tab, where we have past trades, past withdrawals, and past deposits.
4. Stats on the sidebar shows the last trade, not the last action.
5. 'Trade' tab shows much more meaningful stats.
6. Flap  Grin

Limited public APIs coming next. I was quite close, but decided not to rush things considering I'd probably change the API in the future.  Thanks MobGod for the API feedback, and I did have a short conversation with the Cryptofolio person. I have some idea of what APIs to implement first.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:08:07 AM

ALN is dead ?
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:04:43 AM

I will still hold my alien coin... maybe one day it will go up

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
miseree

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:57:40 PM

So I had come back from vacation hoping to push the Aliencoin donation to SETI. However I had hoped that some of the promised improvements would be underway. I return to a forum with no new activity, no improvements to the web site, no updates to the facebook page (since January), nothing on Twitter except those pushing for exchanges, and no further updates from the dev. This coin isn't going to move itself. I had the highest hopes for this coin...not so high now.

At this point, I would feel embarrassed to push the donation to SETI since no improvements have been made. In order for the donation to mean anything, we have to be able to market it and look professional while doing it. Until we make some real progress I am not going to stick my neck out promoting a donation that I can't prove is worth anything.
amdfxman1701

Activity: 367

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:02:43 PM

This coin is dead as is. Mutiny and take over the coin! Make it our own! The dev doesn't seem to care much about it.

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
ozzymax

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:40:20 PM

I've got a sneaky suspicion that The Dev is too busy with another coin, I remember when this coin launched that Hendo The Dev behind 42 coin said he would be spending time helping to develop Aliencoin for his friend on the 42 coin Bitcointalk thread and promoted Aliencoin on his thread
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hendo is Aliencoin and hasn't got the time to develop Aliencoin as I think he has a few other coins in development.?
leetmodz

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 09:52:11 PM

I've got a sneaky suspicion that The Dev is too busy with another coin, I remember when this coin launched that Hendo The Dev behind 42 coin said he would be spending time helping to develop Aliencoin for his friend on the 42 coin Bitcointalk thread and promoted Aliencoin on his thread
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hendo is Aliencoin and hasn't got the time to develop Aliencoin as I think he has a few other coins in development.?

I believe it's time for a takeover to initiate. Fuck the bullshit promises. The devs are just holding this coin back.

lcarmona18

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 02:36:03 AM

I believe it's time for a takeover to initiate. Fuck the bullshit promises. The devs are just holding this coin back.

I agree actions speak louder than words KGW should be implemented to the coin if it wants to survive 
miseree

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:08:32 AM

I'm all for takeover of this coin. I've tried to play nice with the dev, but I think it's time. All promises and absolutely no action.

A CALL TO ARMS?!?!? wpstudio has the know-how and passion. Not sure he has the time as he is definitely busy developing for both crypto and profession. Are there any other members with the right skills to help? I can help in the capacity of providing a pool, social media promotion, and possibly some specific PR (like the SETI donation).
Aliencoin (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:12:21 AM

I'm all for takeover of this coin. I've tried to play nice with the dev, but I think it's time. All promises and absolutely no action.

A CALL TO ARMS?!?!? wpstudio has the know-how and passion. Not sure he has the time as he is definitely busy developing for both crypto and profession. Are there any other members with the right skills to help? I can help in the capacity of providing a pool, social media promotion, and possibly some specific PR (like the SETI donation).

Have Seti Replied to your email?

Aliencoin (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:21:55 AM

Take over, take over take over,

Like i have said i am willing to distribute the premine accordingly for when proof of work is provided. Yes i agree Seti is a great idea and i have funds to provide for that cause.

This is the only promotion idea i have seen from the community, theres more talk about take overs and nothing about promotion.

If we can get an Aliencoin website built then i will provide a bounty for that, we then need to at least get on an exchange just so Aliencoin has one place to trade, i have contacted NEWALTEX and he is looking into Aliencoin but is currently closing is site for a short time, meanwhile i am contacting some over exchanges.

We need to draw back miners and provide them with positive ideas why they should mine Aliencoin.

Miseree you say you 'can help in the capacity of providing a pool, social media promotion, and possibly some specific PR' i will fund you for doing this.

I think there is a small majority who just want control! I am all for this being a community coin, i hold the premine and im willing to distribute!
miseree

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:37:42 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 11:03:42 PM by miseree

Take over, take over take over,

Like i have said i am willing to distribute the premine accordingly for when proof of work is provided. Yes i agree Seti is a great idea and i have funds to provide for that cause.

This is the only promotion idea i have seen from the community, theres more talk about take overs and nothing about promotion.

If we can get an Aliencoin website built then i will provide a bounty for that, we then need to at least get on an exchange just so Aliencoin has one place to trade, i have contacted NEWALTEX and he is looking into Aliencoin but is currently closing is site for a short time, meanwhile i am contacting some over exchanges.

We need to draw back miners and provide them with positive ideas why they should mine Aliencoin.

Miseree you say you 'can help in the capacity of providing a pool, social media promotion, and possibly some specific PR' i will fund you for doing this.

I think there is a small majority who just want control! I am all for this being a community coin, i hold the premine and im willing to distribute!

Nobody WANTS to do a takeover. It's best to work with what is already in place. However the NEED comes when everyone's current stake in the coin is worth next to nothing due to lack of promotion and support.

The infrastructure needs to be in place first! Until these core components are functional and appealing, I am not going to do any further work or promotion for this coin. At this point it would be promoting a ghost. The web site is nothing more than a placeholder with no functionality and the forum is full of spam.

Critical Action Items:
  • Web-site! - the only link that works is the forum link, the rest just redirect to the same page. Also swap the url...aliencoin.org should go to the web site and aliencoin.org/forum should go to the forum
  • Register the main site with search engines. I can't search aliencoin and arrive at the home page, only the forum
  • Clean up the forum - at first I thought your SPAM filter was effective...it's not
  • Post the total and breakdown for bounties awarded

Since you don't seem to have the time to clean up the forum and the site, then delegate someone to do it. So far all you have said is "there is a bounty for that". Post the bounty, make the promise. I don't know what value is fair for these services, but make it worth someone's time. Create a post on this forum or the aliencoin forum and explicitly define all bounties that we need and post the bounty. I fear that our capable developers may not be around and willing anymore...so we have to make it worth their time.

Bounties:
  • Web Site
  • Forum mods
  • Implement KGW into the coin to better control difficulty
  • Exchange campaign(s)...just a question, might exchanges be more willing to add the coin if they were given a substantial stake. I hear rumors, but nothing confirmed
  • Games/gambling (those that have been already created should be eligible for the bounty...)
  • Faucet(s) - Faucet funds will need to come from the premine as well
  • Negotiate with a retailer to accept Aliencoin, assist them in the implementation
  • Perhaps the first couple retailers could be provided with some additional compensation for taking the gamble
  • PR Promotion campaigns (SETI, SciFi convention promotion, etc)

We have lost all momentum and now we are going to have to give it away at first and get it in as many hands as we can... Nobody wants to put a bunch of effort into promoting this coin in order to allow you to have a 1.9m ALN stake unless you are doing the work to EARN that stake. I don't know what you have left and it's not my business, but I, as a supporter, would expect that 50-75% of it should go toward the development of the coin. I'm not against you keeping a significant portion, but it certainly feels like you're a bit greedy. Right now 4.3M ALN has been mined, adding 2M ALN premine comes to a total of 6.3M ALN in existence... If you're still sitting on 1.9M ALN, then you are still nearly a 30% stakeholder 6 weeks after launch. I'm making a guess on how much you gave away on the exchange promotion based on the guess that you had 200 posts on the forum and it seems you were giving about 150 ALN (25+125 for the 2 promotions) which works out to about 30k ALN given away...I rounded up to 100k. Since you have been unable to make visible headway on the coin, then support the coin with the premine and let the community know you are doing it by posting the breakdown of bounties paid.

ALN: AHrf13uo7YFVnrS7MCbK9t6yZrE5FXvnsC
miseree

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:54:52 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 11:04:11 PM by miseree

I have received no response from SETI. I believe a direct contact will be a better method to push the idea. I'm not going to do it until I can direct them to web site that we can be proud of, positive social media posts, and a legitimate exchange (SciFi-Ex just barely came back online). Since we are on the subject, what amount of ALN would you consider donating? I have been in contact with two others privately who are each willing to put up 5k ALN each. I am willing to add in 5-10k ALN as well. I think it does need to be very significant and I would suggest something in the 200k to 500k range. At current exchange price, 200k is only worth about $150 (0.25 BTC) and the volume is definitely not there to support that price.

Again my idea is to offer the initial donation from the premine in a lump sum and then allow the community to make individual donations to their wallet by posting SETI's payment address. We could then follow that address on the blockchain explorer to tally the count and total of all community donations and advertise that on the main site.

ALN: AHrf13uo7YFVnrS7MCbK9t6yZrE5FXvnsC
leetmodz

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 06:15:10 PM

I have received no response from SETI. I believe a direct contact will be a better method to push the idea. I'm not going to do it until I can direct them to web site that we can be proud of, positive social media posts, and a legitimate exchange (SciFi-Ex just barely came back online). Since we are on the subject, what amount of ALN would you consider donating? I have been in contact with two others privately who are each willing to put up 5k ALN each. I am willing to add in 5-10k ALN as well. I think it does need to be very significant and I would suggest something in the 200k to 500k range. At current exchange price, 200k is only worth about $150 (0.25 BTC) and the volume is definitely not there to support that price.

Again my idea is to offer the initial donation from the premine in a lump sum and then allow the community to make individual donations to their wallet by posting SETI's payment address. We could then follow that address on the blockchain explorer to tally the count and total of all community donations and advertise that on the main site.

I'm willing to donate 7.5k

spicelord

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

Let's see where this goes guys. I'm back to mining this coin just to abuse the low diff for a day or two until all the buy orders are eaten up. Then idk where this will go  Undecided

blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:01:35 PM

Let's see where this goes guys. I'm back to mining this coin just to abuse the low diff for a day or two until all the buy orders are eaten up. Then idk where this will go  Undecided

The only way for this coin to actually goes up is to get merchants use this coin, add unique features, and dev buy back some coins. If the majority of the coins is in the hand of the dev maybe he will be motivated to do something about it. 

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:09:07 AM

We will be there for your coin and offer our 0% fee pool, the world has to be invaded to close down on aln Wink

http://aln.poolerino.com/
unclechicken

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:20:36 AM

I started mining aliencoins a week ago, ive got 4 in total  Shocked

send me some please, its taking me ages to mine them at 3.6kh/sec, crappy nVidia card grrrrrrr...

ANfnLgmFVN2pZHjTJAQn4hW7aKrZkeCPHk

Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: