Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554369 times)
MysticDOGE

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:29:33 PM

www.klondikecoin.com/forum has been spammed to death... I've disabled replying for all members at the moment untill all spam is deleted and measures have been taken to avoid further spamming.

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackdminer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:30:01 PM

Id like to tell you guys im still here i have been a little busy but still throwing a few hashes at Klondike, your a nice team don't loose faith i would like to see Klondike do well you all deserve it and id be happy too Tongue !

Thankyou Smiley POst planned for the net hash remained around 400, then the bad fork happened and after we had around 200 and the price suffered. Coinmarket.io exploded, poolionix or however it is spelt have been put into a temporary coma and coinedup is slowly being left to die.

The point is you cannot blame the fork for KDC's loss of traction, it is a series of events that have led to this downturn. Prior to the fork ~100k coins were being minted a day.

That means if those 100,000 coins were dumped on the market each day at 4k satoshis which is around what we were trading at then there would have needed to have been 4btc's of volume + whatever else was being traded to eat them up. Whilst i know some miners would hold, 4btc is nearly 10% of coinedups total exchange volume - do you really think we would be doing any better if we hadn't forked and were in the position we are in now with the exchanges?

Do you mean to say you expected the hash rate to remain at 400 Mh after the fork?  How would you expect that when the paycheck was cut so drastically?   The daily reward from mining was not just dumped on the market,  a seller always wants the highest price and a good miner puts his sell orders in at various points above the BID, always!  If anything the daily reward facilitated price discovery and provided market liquidity on top of 400 Mh!

You can blame the stars and the moon until the cows come home,  the fundamentals today are 1 Mh/day cost .008 BTC, that's why the net hash as declined since the fork...  Everything else is irrelevant

If you all think this coin is on life support today just wait until the block reward is 4!  You can't adjust price with the block reward if you could it would be done and all these coins would have passed the moon and be half way to Uranus!

The price will do what the price will do, what coin devs need to do is secure and market the coin.  The marketing appears to be going smoothly, the change in reward compromised security.

The marketing efforts will be in vain without addressing the vulnerability of the coin.
If this community just wants to sit around and wait and see, KDC will become one of the coins of the crypto bubble.  I believe it is as good a coin as any to become a viable transactional electronic currency, however most of you would disagree with me on the price target for such a coin.  Smiley
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:34:50 PM

I tried to transfer out my KDC from coinmarket last night and my coins never arrived. BTW it is down again.

I'm looking for the same issue.. I'm glad its back online but I didnt dare to withdraw any KDC since they most probably didnt update their wallet.... And seems like thats true Sad
my transaction says "confirmed" but still no coins.
tminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:38:34 PM

doge, can you contact coinverted.com .They accept  BTC, LTC, 42, ANC, BQC, CGB, DGC, DOGE, DVC, FTC, ICN, MEC, NMC, NVC, NXT, PND, PPC, QRK, WDC, XPM as payment methods

you can buy laptops. apple ipads, precious gold etc and many more from them

http://coinverted.com/product-category/electronics/

BTC   188Voq78hJpfTg7CQKACiy4XbaN1UxdGqf
MysticDOGE

Activity: 126

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:49:13 PM

doge, can you contact coinverted.com .They accept  BTC, LTC, 42, ANC, BQC, CGB, DGC, DOGE, DVC, FTC, ICN, MEC, NMC, NVC, NXT, PND, PPC, QRK, WDC, XPM as payment methods

you can buy laptops. apple ipads, precious gold etc and many more from them

http://coinverted.com/product-category/electronics/

Placebo, can i leave this to you please?

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE
tminer

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Bitcoinscrypt was ahead of us in mintpal now

BTC   188Voq78hJpfTg7CQKACiy4XbaN1UxdGqf
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:07:56 PM

Bitcoinscrypt was ahead of us in mintpal now

I'm still voting  https://www.mintpal.com/voting

We need to get trading on MintPal (very soon) and we need to buy up all the sell orders on coinedup at least up to 15000.

Coin developers, you guys took a vacation while we were here busting ass. The time to Step Up is now.
avanda1121

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:24:16 PM

Love KDC
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

when we get on MintPal (if we get on mintpal) would it not be advantageous to remove KDC from all the small BS exchanges? Then push to get on Cryptsy.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:11:18 PM

Id like to tell you guys im still here i have been a little busy but still throwing a few hashes at Klondike, your a nice team don't loose faith i would like to see Klondike do well you all deserve it and id be happy too Tongue !

Thankyou Smiley POst planned for the net hash remained around 400, then the bad fork happened and after we had around 200 and the price suffered. Coinmarket.io exploded, poolionix or however it is spelt have been put into a temporary coma and coinedup is slowly being left to die.

The point is you cannot blame the fork for KDC's loss of traction, it is a series of events that have led to this downturn. Prior to the fork ~100k coins were being minted a day.

That means if those 100,000 coins were dumped on the market each day at 4k satoshis which is around what we were trading at then there would have needed to have been 4btc's of volume + whatever else was being traded to eat them up. Whilst i know some miners would hold, 4btc is nearly 10% of coinedups total exchange volume - do you really think we would be doing any better if we hadn't forked and were in the position we are in now with the exchanges?

I don't blame the planned fork, I do think the unplanned bad fork hrs later had a huge negative impact on the coin, one that we have not yet been able to recover from.
Kheg

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:18:36 PM

when we get on MintPal (if we get on mintpal) would it not be advantageous to remove KDC from all the small BS exchanges? Then push to get on Cryptsy.

You didn't seriously just suggest that.   Shocked

What would you plan to do?  Ask REALLY nicely that they remove the coin from their listings and expect that they just... will?   Undecided
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:24:21 PM

What would you plan to do?  Ask REALLY nicely that they remove the coin from their listings and expect that they just... will?   Undecided

Yes! LOL I guess I dont understand the process of getting unlisted?  From your comment I gather that there is no control, so any BS exchange can trade your coin?

Edit: I remember on EAC a BS exchasnge listed them and the devs asked them to remove it and they did. They never said which exchange it was though. (or at least i dont remember...old man here... Cheesy )
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:48:49 PM

Do you mean to say you expected the hash rate to remain at 400 Mh after the fork?  How would you expect that when the paycheck was cut so drastically?   The daily reward from mining was not just dumped on the market,  a seller always wants the highest price and a good miner puts his sell orders in at various points above the BID, always!  If anything the daily reward facilitated price discovery and provided market liquidity on top of 400 Mh!

You can blame the stars and the moon until the cows come home,  the fundamentals today are 1 Mh/day cost .008 BTC, that's why the net hash as declined since the fork...  Everything else is irrelevant

If you all think this coin is on life support today just wait until the block reward is 4!  You can't adjust price with the block reward if you could it would be done and all these coins would have passed the moon and be half way to Uranus!

The price will do what the price will do, what coin devs need to do is secure and market the coin.  The marketing appears to be going smoothly, the change in reward compromised security.

The marketing efforts will be in vain without addressing the vulnerability of the coin.
If this community just wants to sit around and wait and see, KDC will become one of the coins of the crypto bubble.  I believe it is as good a coin as any to become a viable transactional electronic currency, however most of you would disagree with me on the price target for such a coin.  Smiley

The price was clearly being driven into the ground by the sheer amount of minted coins per day pre fork. Post fork the price was climbing, the hashrate was still healthy, then everything went wrong and now we're faced with that.

Add to that the loss of 2 exchanges used a fair bit for this coin leaving us with coinedup which has 50BTC per day across all pairs, its hard to recover, its hard for the price to go up and make the coin attractive to miners.

16 coins per block per minute is plenty for a coin like KDC, its just everything else has gone against us.
jackdminer

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:48:58 PM

I don't blame the planned fork, I do think the unplanned bad fork hrs later had a huge negative impact on the coin, one that we have not yet been able to recover from.

That's the error in thinking, with all due respect.  
The coin is recovering as expected to the new hash rate of pay.  The current hash rate of 100 Mh is nearing the .008 BTC per Mh day market rate of ALT COINS.
Unfortunately I think the driving force for the block reward reduction was to reduce inflation to increase the value of the coin, without consideration to the actual purpose of the block reward.  While this appears to have merit on the surface in a simplistic scarcity supply/demand model, block reward is not a mechanism that can influence price in any meaningful way. There are some caveats to that statement but for simplicity that is the case.

However the coin may return to some level of market liquidity over the weekend as the NET HASH drops to more favorable pay conditions.  
The only direct influence on price is a buyer willing to pay a higher price than the current BID, that's it... No magic involved. Unfortunately the security concerns of a sub 200Mh coin does not facilitate eager bidders.

http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin/?hr=1000.00&p=1000.00&pc=0.0800&e=Vircurex
roctiv

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 03:59:24 PM

I think jackdminer know what it says, and was an asset belonging to the dev team Klondikecoin. and my opinion.
Kheg

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:09:42 PM

Yes! LOL I guess I dont understand the process of getting unlisted?  From your comment I gather that there is no control, so any BS exchange can trade your coin?

Edit: I remember on EAC a BS exchasnge listed them and the devs asked them to remove it and they did. They never said which exchange it was though. (or at least i dont remember...old man here... Cheesy )

Anyone could hypothetically "create" an exchange as long as the wallet/daemon is publicly available.  Once they have the wallet/daemon, there is essentially no way to stop them from doing whatever they want with it.

As a very simplistic example, I can't force YOU to stop using KDC in any way.  I can ask, but you can just tell me to screw off and I can't do anything about it.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:11:54 PM

Anyone could hypothetically "create" an exchange as long as the wallet/daemon is publicly available.  Once they have the wallet/daemon, there is essentially no way to stop them from doing whatever they want with it.

As a very simplistic example, I can't force YOU to stop using KDC in any way.  I can ask, but you can just tell me to screw off and I can't do anything about it.

Gotcha.
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

That's the error in thinking, with all due respect.  
The coin is recovering as expected to the new hash rate of pay.  The current hash rate of 100 Mh is nearing the .008 BTC per Mh day market rate of ALT COINS.
Unfortunately I think the driving force for the block reward reduction was to reduce inflation to increase the value of the coin, without consideration to the actual purpose of the block reward.  While this appears to have merit on the surface in a simplistic scarcity supply/demand model, block reward is not a mechanism that can influence price in any meaningful way. There are some caveats to that statement but for simplicity that is the case.

However the coin may return to some level of market liquidity over the weekend as the NET HASH drops to more favorable pay conditions.  
The only direct influence on price is a buyer willing to pay a higher price than the current BID, that's it... No magic involved. Unfortunately the security concerns of a sub 200Mh coin does not facilitate eager bidders.

http://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin/?hr=1000.00&p=1000.00&pc=0.0800&e=Vircurex

When KDC is the most profitable to mine, you will be back mining KDC it's as simple as that.  Wink
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:27:02 PM

it is always nice to see positive and negative people fighting each other, but that means only one thing that there are a lot of people interested in this coin.

Of course i'm not happy with the coin price, far from it, but i'm not happy of the coin prices from EAC/LOT/CASH....

Just want to say one thing:

THANKS DEV, MARKETING TEAM

for keep on trying and working on new deals... maybe the coin price is not moving in the right direction, but we try to move Klondike coin in the right direction.
jackdminer

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:27:43 PM

The price was clearly being driven into the ground by the sheer amount of minted coins per day pre fork. Post fork the price was climbing, the hashrate was still healthy, then everything went wrong and now we're faced with that.

Add to that the loss of 2 exchanges used a fair bit for this coin leaving us with coinedup which has 50BTC per day across all pairs, its hard to recover, its hard for the price to go up and make the coin attractive to miners.

16 coins per block per minute is plenty for a coin like KDC, its just everything else has gone against us.

You could look at it that way, but it does take some time for information to disseminate to all participants, there are no Bloomberg terminals for ALT COIN news. Smiley  The fact that CoinWarz was still computing with 77 block reward was highly distortive until they corrected it the next day.

KDC was a profitable coin to mine and a market liquid enough to trade on CoinedUp before the fork. No one just abandons that opportunity because of a 12 hour hiccup. You may sit on the sidelines for a bit until the dust settles but you hold on to that config ready to get back into that coin if you can make a profit.

Since the fork the coin has been mined and hoarded drying up liquidity increasing the BID/ASK spread destroying confidence.

16 coin reward will simply not support a secure network hash at these prices.  Continuing to hoard the coin will not increase the price, it only makes the true value less transparent eroding confidence chasing away BIDS.  

Just go look at CoinedUp now, as NET HASH has gone down and profitability up, spreads are narrowing and action is returning a bit.  However there are fewer coins per day being payed so the volume will be lower then in the past.  Or it could be my rant last night telling people to get in there and place some orders and keep the spread tight.  Either way the right thing is happening Smiley

Summary, the number of coins minted @ 77/block had little bearing on the price of the coin.  What happened good or bad hours after the fork was a period of distortion and should be discounted. What we have right now is a result of the coins current configuration and the forces at play on all ALT COIN. The facts are that price is what someone is willing to pay, hash rate is not free and miners are not in business to 'dump' coin at a loss.

Finally, the ALT COINs that understand the importance of HASH RATE and price stability are going to survive.
Pages: « 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: