Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:14:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162045 times)
Viperbass

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:54:24 AM

Is the dev / community active still on this coin?

Hey Chris,

Very much so, we have gone back to the drawing board and we have some nice changes coming in for the iCoin brand to launch around the same time
the btc/iCoin exchange comes out of beta.

These changes we feel will get more people interested in iCoin and better identity.

This will occur later this week and then we can start building up the coin to be a serious competitor.

A new wallet will also be released and this will mainly be branding changes, not technical.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viperbass

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:11:50 AM

Something I just want to add, our developer was involved in a accident on friday night and broke his leg so will be hospital for a week, however he is making the changes from hospital for the
new designs. I just thought people should know this to show that we are serious about iCoin.

We not going anywhere ! Smiley
CoinManiac

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:57:01 AM

Something I just want to add, our developer was involved in a accident on friday night and broke his leg so will be hospital for a week, however he is making the changes from hospital for the
new designs. I just thought people should know this to show that we are serious about iCoin.

Get well soon to the Icoin Developer  Smiley

NEM NXT NXTL NEX
nrhs05

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:22:49 AM

Hope they gets well soon, I had broken my tibia and fibula once, and got a titanium rod put in my leg and it REALLY drains a person. On the other hand, if the drugs they are on are the same they put me on, make sure they have a pen to write down all of the crazy ideas :p.

Get well soon, dont rush your recovery... its a mistake most make

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
4ex

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

Hope they gets well soon, I had broken my tibia and fibula once, and got a titanium rod put in my leg and it REALLY drains a person. On the other hand, if the drugs they are on are the same they put me on, make sure they have a pen to write down all of the crazy ideas :p.

Get well soon, dont rush your recovery... its a mistake most make
something often developers are strange illness, accident, cold .. it should be seen somehow soften hamsters and make them believe in the seriousness of the Wink
TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:27:54 PM

The LTC exchange has been changed to https for more security.

Have updated the OP, the btc exchange will be released soon.

https://freshmarket.co.in/index.php?page=trade&market=109
Imperative

Activity: 126

Pushing Matrices

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 08:29:16 PM

And which btc exchange are we talking about here?

iCoin Community ManagerClick here for the iCoin Topic
TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:21:45 AM

And which btc exchange are we talking about here?

We going with:
 https://www.cryptorush.in   -- Still in Beta

You can use the following user credentials to get into the site and register an account so long.

Username : cryptorush
Password : Dsdhoide84983420

I have spoken to the owners of the exchange and they will have some great features being introduced, I can't divulge this information as it's not mine to give but it's
one of the reasons we have gone for this exchange initially.
wing_hk

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:06:26 AM

The buying quantity in this exchange is much more active

However price in both exchanges are both underestimated.
Viperbass

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:28:22 AM

The buying quantity in this exchange is much more active

However price in both exchanges are both underestimated.

I have been buying up myself at 10% of true value Smiley

It really is a good time to buy if you believe iCoin has a future.
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:29:01 PM

I have given a few coins away to a friends that is just getting into mining. He liked the name Icoin above feathercoin and doge lol

I have been mining on and off on speedminer for a while just waiting for the chance to pick some coins up when it hits an exchange I know.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Viperbass

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:07:49 PM

iCoin now has a Wheel of Fortune, Enjoy!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436761
prouted

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:54:33 PM

Played 25 icoins, got back 33.75 !!! Feeling happy / lucky Smiley
Bonus for early players ? BjwMK9CewuxPTxwLCCeUi33bMTNxfS6hpR
Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:55:10 PM

Thanks the game is fun and fair. There is a issue with the iCoin dice link but everything else works great!

fablkak

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:55:55 AM

I like the look of this coin and it's the first coin I have started to mine before it hit any major exchange.
Quick question for you, how many people are on the dev team for this coin? Have you got anyone specifically doing marketing?
I think the rapid rise of doge can be traced to the very clever marketing and free advertising they were able to get. I hope your coin has someone with a similar role, if not I'm afraid that all the technical competence in the world won't be enough to distinguish iCoin from the myriad of other coins.
I like the look of your website but there is one line on it that made me a little worried, maybe someone can explain it to me.

"Mining:
Our mining strategy is simple: don’t put all the power in the hands of miners. By not flooding the market with iCoins early, we try to preserve a balance in value for users, investors and miners."

How have you taken power out of the hands of the miners?

Viperbass

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:23:21 AM

I like the look of this coin and it's the first coin I have started to mine before it hit any major exchange.
Quick question for you, how many people are on the dev team for this coin? Have you got anyone specifically doing marketing?
I think the rapid rise of doge can be traced to the very clever marketing and free advertising they were able to get. I hope your coin has someone with a similar role, if not I'm afraid that all the technical competence in the world won't be enough to distinguish iCoin from the myriad of other coins.
I like the look of your website but there is one line on it that made me a little worried, maybe someone can explain it to me.

"Mining:
Our mining strategy is simple: don’t put all the power in the hands of miners. By not flooding the market with iCoins early, we try to preserve a balance in value for users, investors and miners."

Hi fablkak,

Thanks for the questions Smiley

Since you mentioned Dogecoin, I will answer the question using it as an example

First off Dogecoin is based on the most popular internet meme of 2013, so basically you could be the worst marketing guy in the world and the community would do all the work for you.
Which is what occurred with Doge, it was self marketable. With iCoin though a lot more work is required to get the brand out there but it's a lasting brand and will only grow with
time. What "could" happen to Doge if a new internet meme takes the world by storm? Easy come easy go as they say.

Regarding the mining strategy, a lot of alt coins flood the market with coins which give them a initial boost, more coins for bounties, rewards etc, so it's a clever way of getting more community buy in, but
at the same time they fall victim to multipool miners who mine the most profitable coin at the time and just dump out, which keeps the prices artificially low, but because there is so many coins being produced in such a short space of time these coins end up being like the Zimbabwe Dollar in the long run.

We also have dedicated dev, marketing and design roles in the team.

Below is the interview with myself, it will explain a lot of things.

http://icoin.pw/interview
fablkak

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:09:24 AM

The worrying things about iCoin

At 100 coins every 3 mins it takes 104 days until they have 50% of coins in existence.  I know that 1% doesn't sound like a lot but this is a coin that is supposes to be released over a long period of time. That makes 1% have a rather long half life which is very worrying for any early adopters as it is at a HIGH RISK of pump and dump from an untrustworthy dev. Not that I'm making accusations but I have no idea who the dev is or what their financial situation is. What I do know is that sitting on $1,000,000+ worth of coins might be too much temptation for someone that might not be living comfortably. To reiterate, 1% doesn't sound like a lot but in the early stages of development when it represents many times more than what all of the miners have put together it's a problem. Luckily there is an easy fix for this: read on.

How to improve iCoin

Build Trust
The only thing standing in the way of trust right now is that pre mine with a 104 day half life. That puts the fate of early adopters in the hands of the developer which is something a lot of miners (including myself) aren't comfortable with. If icoin wants trust they have to be more upfront about the premine and what it will be used for. I see no info on the premine on their main page or their web page. That implies they are hiding it, that implies they have a reason to hide it.

Be Upfront
Don't hide your premine! A 1% premine for promotional purposes should be right there under other important information like:
scrypt
retarget =
block reward=
block time=
premine 1% for promotional purposes. Earn iCoins by promoting iCoin on your FB, youtube, magazine! See below for comps!

Tell us what your premine is for! Break it down nice and simple for us, let the community know that there is a plan and that you are sticking to it. eg:

Here at iCoin we have reserved a 1% (premine 5,000,000 coins) for the following purposes:
90% (4500000 coins ) for promotional activities:
These coins will be distributed as follows:
30% for viral videos
10% for liking our facebook page, tag your friends and get more coins
10% reddit rewards
20% viral facebook posts with lots of likes and shares
10% for writing magazine articles and blog posts
5% for mentioning it during a popular podcast
5% for voting for us on an exchange
10% charity donations (the crazier the better. Dogecoin backing the jamakan bob sled team was genius)

5% (250,000) bounties for bugs

5% 250,000)  other, unforeseen costs and bounties.

Have a timetable for the promo stuff. Let the community know about upcoming rewards and competitions.

Be generous with promo coins! People aren't going to trust you until most of that premine is spent. The more you spend on promotion the less you are holding and thus more trust you get. It's win win.

Promotion is key!
iCoin needs to start giving out a lot of coins for effective advertising. Look at what dogecoin did, viral videos, reddit posts, facebook pages, etc, etc. Give large rewards for making youtube vids that go viral and reasonably large rewards for youtube vids that made an effort.

This next tip is going to go a long way so you had better listen Mr Dev...
1) Start a competition for promotional youtube vids and pay per view. Remember, you're trying to get exposure, not hold onto the premine! The more premine you have the less people trust you!
2) Start a facebook promo that runs concurrently with the youtube competition. i.e. make a poster advertising the video competition and give 100 coins to the first 1,000 people that share it on their wall.

Be generous to the people that made promotional vids, be clear about the rules and the rewards.
Make a decent promo vid: get 1000 coins
Make a promo vid with 1,000+ views: 2,000 coins
Make a promo vid with 10,000+ views: 3,000 coins
Make a promo vid with 100,000+ views: 5,000 coins
Make a promo vid with 1,000,000+ views: 10,000 coins
Make a promo vid with 2,000,000+ views: 20,000 coins

Don't stop there, reach out to every media platform you can. Reward people for posing in magazines, blogs, etc etc. Make people excited
about getting their hands on that premine!

If you want to thank me for awesome advice feel free to donate in whichever currency you wish:
iCoin
BcFp3aHNtepyZtrZhwqkfivmrHffUkyrhL
anoncoin
AXz3YzHDFzYp61L23WoNWaLqSPCiboZXaA
grandcoin
gNhtTAAjFE8224JAqhDhH5dJnPsyUhUL1Q
frankocoin
F8VdhMzqjYhY6jELeZtAANN1YN1PnsHsEU
feathercoin
6fXr3GNWQPpdMfgLXUN99PcPaBkqXGzovS
cryptogenicBullion
5Sb6Qezs8P4ZPABe9UCmYqjC5ti3pMbELe
dogecoin
DPTX7nyXomfdWqmTFY1jnbEUQLijdEAdKq
catcoin
9ftqotdWngTEiMsPaUM3WCCa4YHij2DYBG
kittehcoin meow
KJcs8V8k5YehPkWwXCa751aqCXvkp349dA
bitcoin
1HYk5tHcx1RBnXYsNkTpqaZ7VHsm1Ng31L

fablkak out.
Gravity

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:09:36 AM

"Mining:

From reading the interview it's 2 developers, 1 marketing and a web designer.

I have read the entire history of this ANN and the major problems I Saw initially was with the dev team but this got sorted out eventually but from my PoV very slowly.

Having worked in the marketing department for a development house in my previous job I can honestly say if you have a terrible product or a bad dev team it does not matter
how good your marketing is, people will walk away.

I agree this coin has a great name and looks fantastic but the only problems that I have seen so far is from the dev side at the start but that all looks good now.

If the iCoin team needs help marketing, I will be more then happy to assist! Please PM me.

Gravity

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:39:33 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 06:52:10 AM by Gravity

@fablkak,

You raise some valid points although this premine was declared in the previous ANN post and was mentioned in this post at the start, but I agree it needs to be updated
on the OP.

I know there has been a lot of giveaways in the past if you just search for iCoin. CaptainHook seems to be one that is responsible for giving away iCoin for rewards so I would suggest
mailing him for ideas on marketing. I will too.

So we will need to see what comes about for the coin going forward!

EDIT: Looks like Captainhook is also the dev for this coin which means he has the premine and that is why he is doing the bounties, I have PM'd him to help with marketing.

wing_hk

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:58:45 AM

It's a potential coin hope dev do more marketing and promotion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: