Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:09:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Mystery-Man

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:28:15 AM

You know, this is all a gamble. All of it. Every single coin is a risk you take. What is it that you are risking? Well, time, at least for most people. Sure there are those who need their miners to produce the most possible so they can pay rent for the month and that is not something anyone but those people can control. I like the look of this coin, the pre-mine is really nothing significant, or new. I have participated in a handful of launches lately and I have noticed a few things...

1. Definitely release a windows wallet on launch, so many people use windows if you don't release you're cutting those people out (check)
2. Don't allow pooled mining right off the start I find this causes a lot of issues with the network, if you force people to solo mine it ensures more wallets are created (more nodes, bigger network) and the block chain can form slowly and steadily
3. If you start off with pools I recommend you have a much much lower block reward to begin with, again allowing it to build up steadily so it doesn't turn into an instantly mined coin

These are just my opinions based on observations, they are in no way de facto. I do not claim to be a crypto currency professional.

I intend to mine the coin baring some horrible disastrous launch.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 07:17:29 PM

T-24 hours until launch! We are looking for more mining pools!

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 07:29:12 PM

I would like to take time to introduce myself as one of the DigiByte developers. I have been active on BitcoinTalk since about this time last year. I have every intention of staying with this coin long-term as this is my first and I plan on being only coin.

A Few Posts I have Made:

A recent Topic I started recently on developing an alt-coin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=389104.0

Vote for DigiByte on a recent poll I started here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=359521.0

And for giggles here is a post I made before the first Bitcoin run up last April. lol: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167611.0

- aka The "DigiMan"
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 08:09:15 PM

Sneak peak at the Windows Wallet:

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:48:50 PM

If anyone is setting up a mining pool please PM us so we can list it!

cryptic4000

Activity: 451

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:51:56 PM

DigiByte - what makes your coin different from other alt-coins?

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 10:55:23 PM

DigiByte - what makes your coin different from other alt-coins?
Name, # of coins, marketing plan, development team and most importantly our long term future potential as a currency and not a speculative commodity.

G K G

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:43:58 PM

Looks nice and impressive with all those digital and robo stuffs, maybe in the end it is really worth it.
But with this ridiculous rate at which new coins come up every day, i'm really getting bored of this scrypt-coins shit entirely.

Anyway as far as u guys, GOOD LUCK. See you after 2 years (or a decade)

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:52:14 PM

The million-dollar question is - what does this coin have which makes it different from all the other "professional" coins out there?

A fancy sales pitch.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 11:54:04 PM

Looks nice and impressive with all those digital and robo stuffs, maybe in the end it is really worth it.
But with this ridiculous rate at which new coins come up every day, i'm really getting bored of this scrypt-coins shit entirely.

Anyway as far as u guys, GOOD LUCK. See you after 2 years (or a decade)

Thank you for that. Our goal is to make this coin a long-term success with a future as an everyday transactional currency used by millions worldwide.

dannygast

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:01:39 AM

You know, this is all a gamble. All of it. Every single coin is a risk you take. What is it that you are risking? Well, time, at least for most people. Sure there are those who need their miners to produce the most possible so they can pay rent for the month and that is not something anyone but those people can control. I like the look of this coin, the pre-mine is really nothing significant, or new. I have participated in a handful of launches lately and I have noticed a few things...

1. Definitely release a windows wallet on launch, so many people use windows if you don't release you're cutting those people out (check)
2. Don't allow pooled mining right off the start I find this causes a lot of issues with the network, if you force people to solo mine it ensures more wallets are created (more nodes, bigger network) and the block chain can form slowly and steadily
3. If you start off with pools I recommend you have a much much lower block reward to begin with, again allowing it to build up steadily so it doesn't turn into an instantly mined coin

These are just my opinions based on observations, they are in no way de facto. I do not claim to be a crypto currency professional.

The guy has some good points, why ignore them?
Amberdark

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:07:43 AM

Quote from: illodin
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - mega farmers will of course try to circumvent this, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

If you choose to take the standard route, expect WTS 10,000,000 for 0.5 BTC offers within 1 hour of the launch and small time miners having 1,000 at that point going ok good bye another coin raped.

to hell with that wallet khs limitation crap! that's communist thinking!

if I have 150Mhs to dish out at any coin why shouldn't I be able to? because you aren't willing to invest in mining rigs!? you do not get born with mining rigs, it is a huge sacrifice for a lot of us to get them, so my question is why should you - a person who is not even willing to invest in crypto or make any sacrifices be awarded for it, why do you deserve to reap the rewards from something that you did not commit to, how likely is someone like you to dump considering that you aren't committed to crypto in any way shape or form? and taking all that into consideration why on earth should you gain as much as I do considering the fact that I have a mortgage on my house for this and you're mining with the power of a mid-range gaming computer that you probably had already?

and P.S my hashing speed will do a lot more good to the network and help protect it against 51% attacks than your 500Khs will ever do!

BTC: 1C2PEyy1WY5rdATPiYqh9BKPo3SubSnkdV
Donations are welcome and very much appreciated!
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:08:39 AM

The guy has some good points, why ignore them?
They are valid points. We will definitely have a windows wallet (see screen shot above). As for pooled mining, we feel pooled mining is our best bet at a fair launch. Otherwise some of the guys with 20,30 or 100k kh will move in and solo mine for a couple days and beat out everyone else.

Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:13:36 AM

I will devote 0.5% of my hashing power.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:17:54 AM

3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - mega farmers will of course try to circumvent this, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

If you choose to take the standard route, expect WTS 10,000,000 for 0.5 BTC offers within 1 hour of the launch and small time miners having 1,000 at that point going ok good bye another coin raped.

Why do small time miners need special treatment?

The currency needs special treatment. The more people have it, the more popular it gets, the more valuable it gets. Whales are building bigger and bigger farms, and if this trend continues, PoW in practice will become almost same as all these IPO/pre-invest-premined currencies.
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:19:06 AM

marketing plan, lol. just another cheap coin.

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:21:23 AM

The images were legally purchased and licensed. We are offering a bounty for a unique DigiMan re-design. We decided to spend most of our time on the coin itself for launch. We liked the the robot when we first saw it.  Lips sealed

- aka The "DigiMan"
crunchynut

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:25:26 AM

it takes max two hours to clone a "next generation" coin. or did you add any new features?

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯

>>>>>> LAUNCHED: RAPECOIN - YOU CAN'T SAY NO TO THIS COIN <<<<<<

◯ ◯ ◯ ◯
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 12:32:49 AM

it takes max two hours to clone a "next generation" coin. or did you add any new features?
We are working on a coin mixing service as we feel true anonymity is paramount within a cryptocurrency. No, it was not added into the initial source code as it is still a ways off. We are also starting to work on a second generation light weight wallet. The coin is very fast as our intent was to make a coin so you could walk into Starbucks and buy some coffee within a minute. You have to start somewhere right?

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 12:40:57 AM

to hell with that wallet khs limitation crap! that's communist thinking!

if I have 150Mhs to dish out at any coin why shouldn't I be able to? because you aren't willing to invest in mining rigs!? you do not get born with mining rigs, it is a huge sacrifice for a lot of us to get them, so my question is why should you - a person who is not even willing to invest in crypto or make any sacrifices be awarded for it, why do you deserve to reap the rewards from something that you did not commit to, how likely is someone like you to dump considering that you aren't committed to crypto in any way shape or form? and taking all that into consideration why on earth should you gain as much as I do considering the fact that I have a mortgage on my house for this and you're mining with the power of a mid-range gaming computer that you probably had already?

and P.S my hashing speed will do a lot more good to the network and help protect it against 51% attacks than your 500Khs will ever do!

Ouch.. but you can, there are hundreds of coins you can dish out at as much as you please. Would be an interesting experiment to have even only one currency which was more equally distributed => more people have interest in coin's success because their share is more than 0.0001% of some superwhale's wallet.

And on a personal note, yes, I'm not willing to invest more than the 2 GPUs I currently have in my personal desktop computer. This is a hobby for me. Maybe if I lost my day job and ate a stupid pill so I couldn't get a reasonable job anymore I might invest more my time and money on mining as a fallback plan.

And btw, I suggested having the limit only for the first 5000 blocks. It will be few hours max, right? After that you have years left to dish out. But, just to piss you off, I suggest make it 10,000. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: