DigiByte looking good...
Very slick start - hoping it does well and finds its place amongst the 'cacophony' of AltCoins!
Now setting up to mine but wanted to share my generic portable USB wallet tip that many will already know but many won't!
If anyone is aware of any security reason NOT to do this then please shout!
Don't forget - encrypting wallet, backing up, and also keeping an eye on the integrity of any USB drive is essential.
This should work on WIN XP upward but I've only used it on XP and Win 8/8.1
1) Grab a good quality USB Stick of 8gb or more (I use 16gb)
2) Create Directories (can be any names of your choosing but use common sense):
3) Unzip the DigiByte wallet (DigiByte-Win-1.0.zip) into \APP so you should have something like [DRIVE LETTER]:\APP\DigiByte-Win-1.0\digibyte-qt.exe (plus all the other files .dll's etc.
4) Create a new text file in the root of the USB Drive - call it whatever you like such as 'startDGB.bat'
5) Then using notepad (or your preferred text editor) edit the file as follows:
start %THISDRIVE%APP\DigiByte-Win-1.0\digibyte-qt.exe -datadir=%THISDRIVE%DATA\Digibyte
The 'pause' will leave the command prompt waiting for you to 'press any key to continue' which will close the DOS window.
6) Save the edited 'startDGB.bat' file (double click it)
7) Providing you have got the paths exactly right, a command (DOS) window should open and the wallet should fire up (first time open should create the data files in the \DATA\Digibyte directory. Navigate to check.
Be patient as the wallet can take a few minutes to show itself and often sits behind other windows on your desktop
*** THIS IS JUST A TIP - IT WORKS FOR ME BUT NO GUARANTEES AS TO ITS FUNCTIONALITY WHATSOEVER!!! ***
If helpful, donations always welcome: DGB Address: DN66SUcv8tLrBsKnTCCpFm93wERiPzsLSZ