Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058427 times)
FortuneSeeker

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 06:59:04 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 07:19:08 PM by FortuneSeeker

Has anyone flashed the BIOS on a Sapphire R9 280X DUAL-X card?  According to the cryptobadger guide there should be a switch, that if I can't locate I shouldn't proceed, and as far as I can tell  Sapphire have replaced it with a button with the Sapphire S on it which switches to UEFI or legacy BIOS settings, as below picture link shows, which doesn't seem to be the same thing.  Am I wrong?  Any reason I shouldn't try TRIXX to reduce the VDDC?

http://prntscr.com/2sqn6e   <---- switch image

You should ask 'The Stilt' for a little help, he''l modify your bios for you and hand it right back to you..
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.1980

He fixed my 280x bios, too!

Or you could just check out the repository on that thread.. Smiley

See djben's post with many fixed 280x bioses
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.msg120143;topicseen#msg120143

See pengo's post with a similar list:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.msg93754;topicseen#msg93754

-HollowStorm(miner)

well i found a bios update to try, but i'm not sure how to flash the bios on this card.  as I said it has this button rather than a switch. shouldn't the bios be a .rom file rather than a .bin file too??

and why can't i reply to that thread to ask for help Sad
tdcooper99

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:20:17 PM

Maybe the fact that you premined

Ginge Minge!!!!!!  WE'VE MISSED YOU!!!!  Where've you been?Huh Do enlighten us further...  it truly is an honour....  seriously. It's been a least 2 weeks since you've posted. Welcome back!

mintzone

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

Ginger Mod is back?
Nice  Grin

DGB is my and the future's coin of choice! Don't cry if you don't invest Wink
HollowStorm

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:44:30 PM

Has anyone flashed the BIOS on a Sapphire R9 280X DUAL-X card?  According to the cryptobadger guide there should be a switch, that if I can't locate I shouldn't proceed, and as far as I can tell  Sapphire have replaced it with a button with the Sapphire S on it which switches to UEFI or legacy BIOS settings, as below picture link shows, which doesn't seem to be the same thing.  Am I wrong?  Any reason I shouldn't try TRIXX to reduce the VDDC?

http://prntscr.com/2sqn6e   <---- switch image

You should ask 'The Stilt' for a little help, he''l modify your bios for you and hand it right back to you..
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.1980

He fixed my 280x bios, too!

Or you could just check out the repository on that thread.. Smiley

See djben's post with many fixed 280x bioses
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.msg120143;topicseen#msg120143

See pengo's post with a similar list:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.msg93754;topicseen#msg93754

-HollowStorm(miner)

well i found a bios update to try, but i'm not sure how to flash the bios on this card.  as I said it has this button rather than a switch. shouldn't the bios be a .rom file rather than a .bin file too??

and why can't i reply to that thread to ask for help Sad

Yea, i think the Stilt stopped accepting requests or something.. but give the bios a shot.. only if you have a bios switch as backup.
Use AtiWinFlash to flash the bios .. but before flashing ... make sure youve picked the right bios... Check the memory type (Elpida or Hynix) and the Sapphire Dual-X Rev . Make sure everything matches...

Goodluck!

-HollowStorm(miner) :p
Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:46:16 PM

Yeah man, you're better off editing your own BIOS than taking a risk using one that won't work with your card.  Don't try flashing a different bios unless you are familiar doing all of this because it might screw up your card and then have to take many extra steps to get it working again.

Just follow the cryptobadger post to a T when editing your own BIOS, it's easy as cake.

The thing about Trixx is you have to reapply everything everytime you reboot.  Afterburner doesn't change the voltage on the new cards, at least the last version I tried.  cgminer may or may not in windows, but the values are usually off, it won't control voltage in linux.  sgminer miner though, you might have the best luck with for controlling voltage in the prog.

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
HollowStorm

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

Yeah man, you're better off editing your own BIOS than taking a risk using one that won't work with your card.  Don't try flashing a different bios unless you are familiar doing all of this.

Yea, this is better +1

But only if you're comfortable with doing it.
laterbreh

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:35:20 PM

http://digibyte.leetpools.com

Why should you mine with us?
-Active pool operator. Lives, breathes, and tastes crypto. Its my life and my teams life.
-Active Admins
-Great IRC Community.
-1% Fee
-PROP/Vardiff
-Constant Promos
-Unique and CLEAN MPOS interface.
-Top of the line server hardware. We don't fuck around.
-NO ADS.

Fully functional. No email confirmations required! Just register and start hashing!!!

Come chill in IRC #Leetpools on quakenet

Time to start mining like a boss.

CURRENT PROMOS:
0% FEE

WE HAVE PROMOS EVERY WEEK!!!!!

torchwood-uk

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:26:57 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 09:41:55 PM by torchwood-uk

Current diff 11, next estimated diff 27. Gotta love these multi pools, the problem is they are keeping the price down since they automatically dump the generated DGB at the lowest possible price. They will let us work hard now to drop the diff and then they jump back on, crap. All these new ASIC resistant coins coming out really seem to be taking off quickly, loads mining Vert, Panda ect.

Get Kimoto Gravity Well going at least before it is to late, your users are telling you to do it. Multi pools will kill this coin if you let them.

edit to add:
Difficulty    32.34518060
Est Next Difficulty    86.44591697 (Change in 142 Blocks)  Shocked
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 09:45:29 PM

Current diff 11, next estimated diff 27. Gotta love these multi pools, the problem is they are keeping the price down since they automatically dump the generated DGB at the lowest possible price. They will let us work hard now to drop the diff and then they jump back on, crap. All these new ASIC resistant coins coming out really seem to be taking off quickly, loads mining Vert, Panda ect.

Get Kimoto Gravity Well going at least before it is to late, your users are telling you to do it.
Torch,

You have a very valid point. The more we research the issue and listen to very valuable opinions like this the more we realize something needs to be done. We want people to mine DigiByte becouse they beleive in and support it. Not so they can mine it, convert it to Litecoin at the end of the day and go back to playing call of duty while their basement mining farm pays their bills.

Look forward to an anouncement and solution to this next week! Thank you very much for the feedback, we will be implementing the best possible solution to this problem soon.

torchwood-uk

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 09:54:15 PM

Great news Digibyte, really frustrating when they jump on and mine for anywhere from 10 mins to 1 hour it seems from looking at hashco, pump the diff up and then move on to the next coin, once the diff drops they jump back on. Look at the stats below from hashco for the last round 10 mins ago

round  coin  length       blocks          coins
7786   DGB   1 hour   83         664000.20000000

That is 664000 DGB that will be dumped at the lowest price on coinmarket, they will under cut the lowest price on there. Just think with a few multi pools doing this it really has a damaging effect on the coin and price.
emmodz

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:06:33 PM

Uhh... why is the net hash rate at 5Gh/s, is someone trying to fork.  Shocked
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 10:46:10 PM

You are absolutely correct Torch. We are discussing several options. The gravity well is not as easy to implement as people think. Our Android wallet will experience several issues. The retarget time will be the way we probably go. 1-5 minutes probably.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 10:51:19 PM

Does anyone know which multipool just started mining DigiByte? This is the highest we have ever seen the hash rate jump to.

martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 10:54:40 PM

the PR team think that coinwarz 1st place is something to be proud off, turn off that ego thinking becouse is only damaging the coin value! everyone had said this but i think we know what comes next... vote X exchange ASAP... blah blah blah, im tired of this.

FortuneSeeker

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:13:44 PM

Yeah man, you're better off editing your own BIOS than taking a risk using one that won't work with your card.  Don't try flashing a different bios unless you are familiar doing all of this because it might screw up your card and then have to take many extra steps to get it working again.

Just follow the cryptobadger post to a T when editing your own BIOS, it's easy as cake.

The thing about Trixx is you have to reapply everything everytime you reboot.  Afterburner doesn't change the voltage on the new cards, at least the last version I tried.  cgminer may or may not in windows, but the values are usually off, it won't control voltage in linux.  sgminer miner though, you might have the best luck with for controlling voltage in the prog.

Ive been following the cryptobadger guide, but when i got to look at my card for the BIOS switch its not a switch so much as a logo button. According to the sapphire page, its has a legacy bios and a UEFI bios, so would i b overwriting one of those?  it looks like this

http://prntscr.com/2subd6

I've never changed a BIOS like this before, some settings on a motherboard on pc load up sure, but not this.  I've got the changed .rom files on my MSDOS usb drive ready, I just didn't want to screw it up.  I've also played around with the settings a bit and still can't get my cards to not go over 80C

http://prntscr.com/2sudkz

R -> L card 1 is usually ok temp wise cards 2 and 3 are obviously too close. and always go over 85C what ever the settings I've used so far. 

As for hash speed best I've seen was around 650 per card, lowering the VDDC via trixx to 1100 didnt' make a difference and the more  i look at cgminer settings the more suggestions i see :S so not sure where i'm going now. A guide i read said it could get annoying and frustrating... no kidding!!
mintzone

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:20:56 PM

diff jump is ridiculous...

I don't think many users would mind if they had to wait a little while for their android clients to become functional again if that's what it means to implement gravity well. Not only that, but it's a great marketing tool! Most coin threads are advertising it in the thread title.

I would really consider throwing in the hard work to make gravity well function.

Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:28:07 PM

Ive been following the cryptobadger guide, but when i got to look at my card for the BIOS switch its not a switch so much as a logo button. According to the sapphire page, its has a legacy bios and a UEFI bios, so would i b overwriting one of those?  it looks like this

I've never changed a BIOS like this before, some settings on a motherboard on pc load up sure, but not this.  I've got the changed .rom files on my MSDOS usb drive ready, I just didn't want to screw it up.  I've also played around with the settings a bit and still can't get my cards to not go over 80C

R -> L card 1 is usually ok temp wise cards 2 and 3 are obviously too close. and always go over 85C what ever the settings I've used so far.  

As for hash speed best I've seen was around 650 per card, lowering the VDDC via trixx to 1100 didnt' make a difference and the more  i look at cgminer settings the more suggestions i see :S so not sure where i'm going now. A guide i read said it could get annoying and frustrating... no kidding!!

I would preserve the uefi bios and flash over the non uefi one.  Make sure to save the current one before flashing though of course.  Yeah those bottom two cards are going to overheat no matter what voltage you use.  You can turn down the intensity for now.  Try -I 12 or even -I 11 if you need to.  Or you can pull one card out and run two at full intensity and wait for a riser cable for the other card.  For the hashrate, try the settings I mentioned in the other post to get 740s.  remove -v 1 from cgminer and change tc to 11200 and use 1050/1500, etc.

I don't think many users would mind if they had to wait a little while for their android clients to become functional again if that's what it means to implement gravity well. Not only that, but it's a great marketing tool! Most coin threads are advertising it in the thread title.

I would really consider throwing in the hard work to make gravity well function.

Definitely man

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
mintzone

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:42:27 PM

Whoever put this buy order in: 0.00000081   2000000   1.62

How about removing it as it is in my way and I will drop the stock all the way to the bottom, then we can all buy in at significantly cheaper.  It will create a wave of new buyers, etc, thus creating hype and attention.  And we will push it back up.  And no worries, I will push it back up personally if I have to, at least to where it is now.

This is a one time opportunity and a one time thing for me.  I have a goal I need to hit.  Cheesy  As we all do Smiley

Good Luck with this Gazza, it's too bad I have around no bitcoin to push into DGB if the prices fall.  Sad

FortuneSeeker

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:46:30 PM

Ive been following the cryptobadger guide, but when i got to look at my card for the BIOS switch its not a switch so much as a logo button. According to the sapphire page, its has a legacy bios and a UEFI bios, so would i b overwriting one of those?  it looks like this

I've never changed a BIOS like this before, some settings on a motherboard on pc load up sure, but not this.  I've got the changed .rom files on my MSDOS usb drive ready, I just didn't want to screw it up.  I've also played around with the settings a bit and still can't get my cards to not go over 80C

As for hash speed best I've seen was around 650 per card, lowering the VDDC via trixx to 1100 didnt' make a difference and the more  i look at cgminer settings the more suggestions i see :S so not sure where i'm going now. A guide i read said it could get annoying and frustrating... no kidding!!

I would preserve the uefi bios and flash over the non uefi one.  Make sure to save the current one before flashing though of course.  Yeah those bottom two cards are going to overheat no matter what voltage you use.  You can turn down the intensity for now.  Try -I 12 or even -I 11 if you need to.  Or you can pull one card out and run two at full intensity and wait for a riser cable for the other card.  For the hashrate, try the settings I mentioned in the other post to get 740s.  remove -v 1 from cgminer and change tc to 11200 and use 1050/1500, etc.

so lowering the intensity might help me if i leave the cards as they are?  I've been thinking about a riser, just need to work out how to actually raise that middle card out of the case. The -v 1 was long gone from cgminer settings, though it didn't make a difference.

Also while reading Shilt's thread on BIOS I saw some stuff on the memory type and that mine has AFR at the end of the memory name rather than MFR ( i don't pretend to know what this means) so I don't have the optomissed BIOS.  Or am  I looking at changing too much?  The BIOS file I found in that thread was a .bin file not a .rom file so I assume I can't stick the .bin file on my MSDOS stick and flash that in.. or can I (note i'm talking about doing more than change the VDDC like cryptobadger did here)

Anyone used sgminer?  I found a couple of threads on Reddit that suggest it can give you an extra 10-20 hash per card
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:55:52 PM

Readjusting the block time retargeting time should have very close to the same effect as the gravity well.

In my mind the thing that makes the gravity well work against multipools is the fact its retargeting every block. Sure it uses a nice algorithm that I still don't really understand to smooth the transition points but retargeting every block I suspect is having a much more important effect then the transition smoothing which is just a nice bonus.

You can easily enough limit the rate of adjustment so there wouldn't be large diffs jumps between each block. It wouldn't be smoothed out like the gravity well but I can personally live with that.  

The gravity well was implemented in android by a person I've been working with and it does work, but it destroys battery life. Its still unclear if the algorithm can be optimized any and I suspect its something that will not be easily fixed.

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: