Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:18:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055817 times)
Snotty

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:59:29 AM

Stop the pool spam ffs this thread is so annoying to read.

Ignoring the "poolspammers" helps a bit, unless someone starts quoting their huge posts.
martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 11:28:17 AM

Bitcoin is crashing! read it https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html and buy some DigiByte as fast as you can!!! hold all you have and sell your BTC's

Gazza1

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:38:19 AM

Bitcoin is crashing! read it https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140210.html and buy some DigiByte as fast as you can!!! hold all you have and sell your BTC's

Bitcoin isn't crashing nor is it going anywhere just because of Mt Gox.  Mt Gox takes way too long to transfer cash and people should be using Coinbase or the likes anyway.  Mt Gox really has jack shit to do with the value of the coin.  The value is in it's service, accomplishments, and everything that is in the making and planned for the future, ATMs, wider merchant acceptance, etc.

The millionaire pump and dumpers of bitcoin haven't been able to push it below 600ish since the rise.  Which says a lot in terms of the volume of buy orders waiting to be filled.

Bitcoin is here to stay.  And believe me, you want it to be.  Afterall it is what we sell our altcoins for.  I do look forward to the day that some alts can be traded for cash though.

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Snotty

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:38:31 AM

Well, it's kind of back up (atleast to 630) again. I hate myself for not having money in BTC-E... Someone had a chance to buy BTC for 102USD.... O_O
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/
martins

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 11:50:02 AM

Bitcoin isn't crashing nor is it going anywhere just because of Mt Gox.  Mt Gox takes way too long to transfer cash and people should be using Coinbase or the likes anyway.  Mt Gox really has jack shit to do with the value of the coin.  The value is in it's service, accomplishments, and everything that is in the making and planned for the future, ATMs, wider merchant acceptance, etc.

The millionaire pump and dumpers of bitcoin haven't been able to push it below 600ish since the rise.  Which says a lot in terms of the volume of buy orders waiting to be filled.

Bitcoin is here to stay.  And believe me, you want it to be.  Afterall it is what we sell our altcoins for.  I do look forward to the day that some alts can be traded for cash though.
i do know about what bitcoin is or can be but MtGox are claiming that BTC has a flaw in its software and  had frozed all BTC withdraws, something caused by double spending by some users who discovered the flaw into BTC code and theyr exchange...

grynca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:50:15 AM

www.digiforce.cc Pool update:
 - Block confirmations lowered from 120 to 20 (miners wanted it)
 - Auto payouts now performed each 15 minutes

with 0% fee and 100 DGB block bonus DigiForce is STILL the most profitable place to mine right now. (and now also fast)
jeff88

Cryptosaur's dev

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:50:25 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 01:02:41 PM by jeff88

Digibyte added to Cryptosaur, extension for Google Chrome
See more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=458091

Cryptosaur — cryptocurrency ticker for Google Chrome and Opera. (MAX, DOGE, DGB, QRK, EAC, VTC, Q2C, LTC, UTC, LOT, USDe, LEAF, MEOW, NXT)
Gazza1

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:52:54 AM

Bitcoin is here to stay.  And believe me, you want it to be.  Afterall it is what we sell our altcoins for.  I do look forward to the day that some alts can be traded for cash though.
i do know about what bitcoin is or can be but MtGox are claiming that BTC has a flaw in its software and  had frozed all BTC withdraws, something caused by double spending by some users who discovered the flaw into BTC code and theyr exchange...

Yes, just be careful with your words, we want to refrain from scaring people thus creating a bunch of panic sells causing it to really crash.  Smiley

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
grynca

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:08:37 PM

I dont get why DigiByte should rely on cryptsy, are you all speculants who want to dump as soon as it hits cryptsy or what ?
If cryptsy does not want it, its their loss.
Dont forget that DGB is ideal for internet transactions of all sorts, its great currency for internet payments, so lets build ecosystem and services for it.
Devs are doing exactly that (creating own digibyte exchange ...), so you just contribute also and stop being passive like a bunch of speculative pussies.
Every tech-savvy has some website or is proficient in some content-creation tool. So you contribute a few hours of your time and create something for DigiByte!
trcwhale

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:21:56 PM

I dont get why DigiByte should rely on cryptsy, are you all speculants who want to dump as soon as it hits cryptsy or what ?
Dont forget that DGB is ideal for internet transactions of all sorts, its great currency for internet payments, so lets build ecosystem and services for it.
Devs are doing exactly that (creating own digibyte exchange ...), so you just contribute also and stop being passive like a bunch of speculative pussies.
Every tech-savvy has some website or is proficient in some content-creation tool. So you contribute a few hours of your time and create something for DigiByte!

I agree with you. I msged DigiByte and proposed few things he has yet to reply. I will post it in case he doesn't reply.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:25:44 PM

I agree with you. I msged DigiByte and proposed few things he has yet to reply. I will post it in case he doesn't reply.

Just post your ideas, no one will try to claim it as theirs idea here. We all want DGB to succeed Smiley
TwistedXT

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 12:55:37 PM

Bitcoin is here to stay.  And believe me, you want it to be.  Afterall it is what we sell our altcoins for.  I do look forward to the day that some alts can be traded for cash though.
i do know about what bitcoin is or can be but MtGox are claiming that BTC has a flaw in its software and  had frozed all BTC withdraws, something caused by double spending by some users who discovered the flaw into BTC code and theyr exchange...

Yes, just be careful with your words, we want to refrain from scaring people thus creating a bunch of panic sells causing it to really crash.  Smiley

Mt-gox is in insolvency and has been limiting withdrawals for a long time now, this bug, which by the way isn't a big issue and has been known about since 2011 is just an excuse for Mt-gox to stop withdrawals, Why? Because they are insolvent and don't have enough Bitcoins.

The sooner people stop using gox the better.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

Mt-gox is in insolvency and has been limiting withdrawals for a long time now, this bug, which by the way isn't a big issue and has been known about since 2011 is just an excuse for Mt-gox to stop withdrawals, Why? Because they are insolvent and don't have enough Bitcoins.

Though I can't comment on what you wrote I could also believe that there is a coding issue at Gox which they have tried to shift the blame for onto the Bitcoin client itself. Otherwise fixing it would require a fork but Gox have stated that the only required "fix" is on the user side [read: their side].  Nonetheless, Bitcoin will not die as a result of it, it's rather inconsequential in fact, so it's a surprise to see a DGB price dip as well. Wishing I hadn't bought as much yesterday & had a few BTC left over to buy in today.
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:26:29 PM

Smart money time  Grin
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:28:24 PM

OMGGG, what happened to the price of DGB ?  Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
trcwhale

Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:32:48 PM

OMGGG, what happened to the price of DGB ?  Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Sad day for crypto. That's all.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 01:34:25 PM

Sad day for crypto. That's all.

I am hoping so !!!
martins

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 02:05:37 PM

i'm felling bad just for giving the "news" what seams is more fake and disinformation from Gox than anything i could imagine... sad yes, sad day for ppl with money @gox and sad day for those who still trade with that exchange... i hope some of Goxed users look again to that place and see what Gox realy does to the BTC image.

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 03:30:40 PM

Progress update for the DigiByte exchange Digi-Pay.com:

It appears that we will have to delay development work on the DigiByte exchange until we can clear up a few legal issues. First of all, since we are located in the United States we must abide by all FinCEN regulations. This in itself is not very straightforward as there is currently no "clear" rules yet.

FinCEN: http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/

Our biggest challenge is now that a precedent has been set for individual US states to go after crypto exchanges things are going to get much tougher on cryptos: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/02/florida-targets-high-dollar-bitcoin-exchangers/

It appears that a "Money Transmitters License" will probably be required in each and every US State. Please note Paypal has applied for licenses in almost every US State: https://www.paypal-media.com/licenses

This is scary because existing companies such as BitPay, Coinbase, Cryptsy could soon find themselves catching scrutiny from individual states. To our knowledge they do not poses licenses in each and every state.

Getting a license in each state can be a very costly en-devour:

Forty-eight US states regulate money transmitters although the laws vary from one state to the other.[3] Most of the states[4] require a surety bond with widely ranging amounts from as little as $25,000 to over $1 million and maintaining a minimum capital requirement. There is an association of state regulators, the Money Transfer Regulators Association (MTRA)[5] that seeks to create uniformity and common practices and efficient and effective regulation of money transmission industry in the United States of America. The MTRA membership consists of state regulatory authorities in charge of regulating money transmitters and sellers of traveler’s checks, money orders, drafts and other money instruments.

Licenses will also probably be required by foreign countries. If anyone has any additional information on this it would be greatly appreciated. 2014 and the next six months will be a very interesting time for cryptos. It seems everyday now regulators are cracking down.

I've been thinking about this issue & have two questions:
- Would it be easier to "locate" the exchange in Canada?
- Is it easy enough to get money to & from Canada to the US?

My reasoning being that in Canada, without a complicated state legal system, it should be much easier to jump through all the necessary regulatory hoops etc. So saying, I have no idea what the financial laws there are.
TwistedXT

Activity: 225

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:14:00 PM

Though I can't comment on what you wrote I could also believe that there is a coding issue at Gox which they have tried to shift the blame for onto the Bitcoin client itself. Otherwise fixing it would require a fork but Gox have stated that the only required "fix" is on the user side [read: their side].  Nonetheless, Bitcoin will not die as a result of it, it's rather inconsequential in fact, so it's a surprise to see a DGB price dip as well. Wishing I hadn't bought as much yesterday & had a few BTC left over to buy in today.

Interesting read relating to the topic: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/02/10/mt-gox-blames-bitcoin-core-developer-greg-maxwell-responds/
Pages: « 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [259] 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: