Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:27:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 [857] 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058428 times)
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:32:31 PM

Interesting post (here : http://wp.me/p1Xmbd-S0 ) on someone creating a paid email system as a means of dealing with spam.  

Even tiny payments would basically make spamming unfeasibly expensive and a micro-currency like DGB would be perfect for this.  I agree with the writer that this could be one potential "killer-app" for any cryptocurrency and would strongly urge the DGB team to look into this ASAP.  

DGB has a powerful advantage over BTC in this respect as whole coin payments are much easier for people to deal with than decimals.

One way to do this would be to create a standalone or online DGB email client which charges a variable amount depending on the number of recipients of an email (according to the market price this could be adjusted from time to time), perhaps starting with 1 DGB per recipient.  

This would be paid by the sender.  

Just as important it should also be possible to add extra features that make use of the blockchain such as consensus timestamps and even notary type services to take this beyond just being an email client that charges.  The sending fees could be used to pay for further development of the DGB mail client to add these features.  

I for one would love a means of sending email where I don't have to face the daily deluge of crap that seems to elude my spam filters.  For people with the right skills putting this together should be fairly simple and straightforward.

I would love to hear other's opinions on this and hope that the DGB team can look into this.  Somebody will implement this correctly and whoever does will have a substantial advantage in taking their cryptocurrency forward.

(Just to add: This could also open up a new way for people to create paid newsletters (I know they already exist bust this could streamline it) where transactions could occur in both directions, although it should be a basic principle that the sender should always pay at the point of sending to prevent anyone taking advantage of it for spamming purposes.)

Great post, Soul-eater!!  I agree that this could be the killer app that all cryptos are looking for.
DGB dev-team should really start crawling all over this, pronto!!   Grin

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:18:41 PM

I've been prowling around DigiByte.co and I must say it is really getting slick. Cheers to the web designers and content creators. You're doing a fine job. I especially like the new Getting started with DigiByte section.

EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:25:43 PM

In interests of being entirely accurate and appropriately descriptive, should we be calling DGB a "Cryptographic Digital Currency"?

http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3&p=113#p113

Don't be shy with posting your views.  Wink

I think this is an interesting question HR, and your discussion of it (http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3&p=113#p113) is thoughtful.  Over time, I've come to prefer and use the term 'digital currency' over the term 'crypto-currency'.  My preference has developed because the adjective "digital" feels friendlier and more accessible than "crypto."  But, it depends on the audience.  For example, I've noticed that when I talk to normal people (i.e. my mom) who don't know anything about cryptographic digital currency, they are more interested and engaged if I describe them as "digital currency" but they are more cautious and resistant if I use the term "crypto-currency."  That is purely anecdotal belief on my part - it's not like I have collected data in any formal way.  But, I like your addition of "Cryptographic" in addition to "Digital."  You suggestion provides a point of distinction that is both helpful and useful in professional conversations.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 08:41:01 PM

In interests of being entirely accurate and appropriately descriptive, should we be calling DGB a "Cryptographic Digital Currency"?

http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3&p=113#p113

Don't be shy with posting your views.  Wink

I think this is an interesting question HR, and your discussion of it (http://asistec-ti.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3&p=113#p113) is thoughtful.  Over time, I've come to prefer and use the term 'digital currency' over the term 'crypto-currency'.  My preference has developed because the adjective "digital" feels friendlier and more accessible than "crypto."  But, it depends on the audience.  For example, I've noticed that when I talk to normal people (i.e. my mom) who don't know anything about cryptographic digital currency, they are more interested and engaged if I describe them as "digital currency" but they are more cautious and resistant if I use the term "crypto-currency."  That is purely anecdotal belief on my part - it's not like I have collected data in any formal way.  But, I like your addition of "Cryptographic" in addition to "Digital."  You suggestion provides a point of distinction that is both helpful and useful in professional conversations.

I've noticed that when I talk to normal people (i.e. my mom) who don't know anything about cryptographic digital currency, they are more interested and engaged if I describe them as "digital currency" but they are more cautious and resistant if I use the term "crypto-currency."

That is my experience and personal take on the subject as well. "Crypto-currency" sounds like Star Trek to the uninitiated, and digital currency is much more easily 'digested'. Unfortunately, by simply using "digital currency", the 'secure' aspect of the cryptographic digital currency is lost in translation so-to-speak. That's why I'm thinking that the whole adjective "crytographic" needs to be used in front of the compound noun "digital currency". That might be more "user friendly" since it is a positive modifier of something the average person already understands - the mind first processes the known part of the phrase, "digital currency", and then adds the additional "cryptographic" information received. With "crytocurrency" we're using a concept that is entirely new, and therefore, entirely foreign, and, as such, it needs explanation. Add basic scepticism to the space age sound of the word, and it's logical that people respond like they do, just like it's logical they respond positively to something they already know. The problem with limiting the phrase to "digital currency" is that we lose a huge positive, which is the currency's secure nature, when we omit the cryptographic element from the name. By using the compound noun with the proceeding adjectival modifier, I think we can solve both issues.

Executive summary: I think people will more easily and intuitively understand the three word phrase than they understand the one word "cryptocurrency", and I think it's worth using the longer, perhaps somewhat clumsier, phrase in order to preserve the extremely important security aspect of the concept in the name itself.

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:09:26 PM

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 10:13:51 PM

Recently Shapeshift.io added Digibyte to there payment platform.
I believe last week they released Shapeshiftlens. https://www.shapeshift.io/lens.html

With shapeshiftlens you can pay with Digibyte on every webshop/website that accepts Bitcoin.

Have a good weekend  Grin

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 11:03:39 PM

I believe last week they released Shapeshiftlens. https://www.shapeshift.io/lens.html

With shapeshiftlens you can pay with Digibyte on every webshop/website that accepts Bitcoin.

I know nothing about Digibyte. Can you tell me why you believe it will be successful? (even if Shapeshift.io is a very good start)
Thanks

I suggest you to have a look on the OP and specially the timeline. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0#post_timeline
Also the main website is updated and as you can see there are allot of things coming in the near future.

http://www.digibyte.co/content/spend-your-digibytes

And Jared with his vision and transparency is also the reason why i believe in Digibyte.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
EPLDCC

Activity: 245

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:22:17 AM

I know nothing about Digibyte. Can you tell me why you believe it will be successful? (even if Shapeshift.io is a very good start)
Thanks

It's fun that shapeshift added DGB, but that's not an answer to why I think DGB will be successful.  I think everyone would give you a different answer to your question.  Here's the abridged version of mine.

Digital currencies do a great job of competing against closed-loop payment systems.  Lower fees are the advantage they offer over traditional closed-loop payment systems (giftcards, merchant-specific POS, etc.).  Based on that fact, I'd say that micro payments systems are one of the biggest and most interesting areas of growth for digital currency over the next 5-10 years.  Things like tipping for social media posts, or in-site (in-app) payment for premium services or content, or creating in-game economies for multi-player online games.  These are all examples where micro payments are necessary, but where the fees associated with traditional closed-loop payment systems are prohibitively high.  Processing for closed-loop payments systems is dominated by a number of large companies.  And, the fees for processing the giftcards and payments are payed by merchants.  Therefore, an independent game developer won't see a financial benefit to incorporating an in-game economy because of processing fees.  The same would be true of a website that sells premium content, or even a big social media platform.

Because the value of BTC is relatively high, it makes sending very small amounts sort of awkward.  Imagine you want to send someone a $0.20 tip for a great tweet.  You could do it with ChangeTip or with DigiTip.  ChangeTip realizes that people don't want to perform the exchange calculation necessary to tip .00081635BTC ... so they use USD (or other national currency amounts).  Fine.  It works. But, the conversions are not easy.  ChangeTip is using BTC as a closed-loop payment system for tipping in non-BTC amounts.  Years of psychological research supports the fact that people prefer easily accessible ideas and practices.  DGB offers the possibility to solve the problem of micro payments.  To tip 50DGB, or 20DGB, or 150DGB.  This makes DGB more easily adoptable for micro payments than BTC.  You could apply the same logic to analogies in many other instances, such as premium web content, or game development, etc..

Many interesting alt-coins have strong identities.  Some of these coins are market specific (sexcoin, cannibiscoin, etc.).  Unfortunately, many of those coins haven't yet been able to capitalize on their market-specific identities.  Digibyte has a really strong identity as well.  The market identity for Digibyte IS micro payments.  This makes it so that DGB appeals to growth within and beyond the current markets for digital currency.  DigiTip is an example of a current appeal to within the marketplace.  But, imagine what would happen if, a couple of years from now, DGB created a partnership with a company like Spotify or Pandora to process micro payments for premium content.  That might seem like a crazy hypothetical example, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities.  Although anything like that is still at least a couple of years off, it's not unthinkable.

So all of the above is the foundation.  But, it's not what convinced me about the merits of the coin.  What sold me on the coin the differential qualities.  It's one of the best managed and best financed alt-coins.  DigiShield and the multi-algorithm mining make participation in the distributed network accessible and more fully distributed (it reduces the risk of seeing transaction processing consolidate into the hands of a very few big companies).  The coin has strong development objectives (including a DGB exchange) and I believe they will achieve them because they've achieved their previous goals.  I suppose most of this is my opinion - and I could be wrong; I'm not saying DGB is magic or perfect.  But, considering it's potential, and that it's still just in the foundation stages, and the great community surrounding DGB and supporting it ...

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:05:08 AM

In addition to these items, you also have the possibility and opportunity to be a plug and play for the third world or underdeveloped nations. Imagine becoming the local currency for a nation that is hampered by corruption and no ability to create any legitimate economy. We haven't even arrived at using blockchain technology in a myriad of ways where I believe DGB has a huge advantage. The foundation is being set and it will take time. When you have something being run professionally and the transparency is there, you can't go wrong. Obviously, nothing is guaranteed and there is always a risk, but it needs to be calculated.

In addition, to HR's comment, I believe cryptocurrency has a negative connotation. I always thought DGB was the new way to conduct business by use of it's digital currency. Sounds so much more cleaner and makes sense. Crypto in general has a dark meaning to it and I would stay away as much as possible.

Just my two cents for what it is worth.

YC

Thanks

It's fun that shapeshift added DGB, but that's not an answer to why I think DGB will be successful.  I think everyone would give you a different answer to your question.  Here's the abridged version of mine.

Digital currencies do a great job of competing against closed-loop payment systems.  Lower fees are the advantage they offer over traditional closed-loop payment systems (giftcards, merchant-specific POS, etc.).  Based on that fact, I'd say that micro payments systems are one of the biggest and most interesting areas of growth for digital currency over the next 5-10 years.  Things like tipping for social media posts, or in-site (in-app) payment for premium services or content, or creating in-game economies for multi-player online games.  These are all examples where micro payments are necessary, but where the fees associated with traditional closed-loop payment systems are prohibitively high.  Processing for closed-loop payments systems is dominated by a number of large companies.  And, the fees for processing the giftcards and payments are payed by merchants.  Therefore, an independent game developer won't see a financial benefit to incorporating an in-game economy because of processing fees.  The same would be true of a website that sells premium content, or even a big social media platform.

Because the value of BTC is relatively high, it makes sending very small amounts sort of awkward.  Imagine you want to send someone a $0.20 tip for a great tweet.  You could do it with ChangeTip or with DigiTip.  ChangeTip realizes that people don't want to perform the exchange calculation necessary to tip .00081635BTC ... so they use USD (or other national currency amounts).  Fine.  It works. But, the conversions are not easy.  ChangeTip is using BTC as a closed-loop payment system for tipping in non-BTC amounts.  Years of psychological research supports the fact that people prefer easily accessible ideas and practices.  DGB offers the possibility to solve the problem of micro payments.  To tip 50DGB, or 20DGB, or 150DGB.  This makes DGB more easily adoptable for micro payments than BTC.  You could apply the same logic to analogies in many other instances, such as premium web content, or game development, etc..

Many interesting alt-coins have strong identities.  Some of these coins are market specific (sexcoin, cannibiscoin, etc.).  Unfortunately, many of those coins haven't yet been able to capitalize on their market-specific identities.  Digibyte has a really strong identity as well.  The market identity for Digibyte IS micro payments.  This makes it so that DGB appeals to growth within and beyond the current markets for digital currency.  DigiTip is an example of a current appeal to within the marketplace.  But, imagine what would happen if, a couple of years from now, DGB created a partnership with a company like Spotify or Pandora to process micro payments for premium content.  That might seem like a crazy hypothetical example, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities.  Although anything like that is still at least a couple of years off, it's not unthinkable.

So all of the above is the foundation.  But, it's not what convinced me about the merits of the coin.  What sold me on the coin the differential qualities.  It's one of the best managed and best financed alt-coins.  DigiShield and the multi-algorithm mining make participation in the distributed network accessible and more fully distributed (it reduces the risk of seeing transaction processing consolidate into the hands of a very few big companies).  The coin has strong development objectives (including a DGB exchange) and I believe they will achieve them because they've achieved their previous goals.  I suppose most of this is my opinion - and I could be wrong; I'm not saying DGB is magic or perfect.  But, considering it's potential, and that it's still just in the foundation stages, and the great community surrounding DGB and supporting it ...

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 04:15:41 AM

We are in LA, have been so busy on the road with meetings. Announcement coming soon Smiley

Looking forward to the announcement...
Sounds mouthwatering  Cheesy Lips sealed
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:03:52 AM

Just used Shapeshifter to convert all my misc alt coins into Digibyte. Nice and quick!  Cool

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:57:59 AM

mjummie... Just bought a few mil in an almost empty sell book

Feel some big news coming soon...  Grin Grin Grin

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
CryptoRaver

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 01:34:17 PM

I see some bitcoins waiting for the big news Cheesy
MasterCryptoPool

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:59:54 PM

Digibyte Groestl P2Pool Global Stats: http://dgbgroestl.p2pool-stats.info/
bithasher

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:05:15 PM

I see some bitcoins waiting for the big news Cheesy
I think same at the current price should grab as many as can because once the news will come out the price will go straight up and up.
cliffmadsen

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

DigiByte

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 03:12:32 PM

How about  a DigiByte Debit Card,that would be awesome
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 03:28:49 PM

How about  a DigiByte Debit Card,that would be awesome
I believe Jared sayd something about that a while ago.
"Its already in the works"

24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 05:39:12 PM

Nice volume  Cheesy

Jero

Activity: 638

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

Nice volume  Cheesy

Well, I have enough for now  Wink

Curious about coming week... love Digibyte

https://www.guldenweb.com - Het laatste nieuws over Gulden
makishart
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:30:13 PM

Nice volume  Cheesy
there we go again! Cheesy

OMG they even pump lycan!

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 ... 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 [857] 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: