Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:04:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:42:26 PM

I am really impressed by the growing number of quality posts being made in the form of knowledgeable questions and suggestions about both specific technicals and general promotional avenues and ideas, as well as, and perhaps even more so, with the expressed desires to contribute (and continue doing so, as may be the case). Really phenomenal!

Couple that with the open source spirit of transparency and collaboration that is so evident throughout this thread - throughout the entire project for that matter - and it becomes extremely difficult to imagine anything but long term success for DigiByte.

This suggests to me that DGB is getting legs and really starting to get a life of its own. There have been so many "before's and after's" with DigiByte, that I hesitate to call this another key turning point, but it most certainly looks like one when seen from the community's point of view and I think we might look back on the autumn of 2015 as the time when the DigiByte community exploded in numbers, abilities and skill sets and really came of its own.

It's great to have you all aboard!

HR,

We couldn't agree more. We feel the time has come to do a few things, starting with the main DigiByte website. We would like to open source it and add it to GitHub so anyone can contribute. The site is currently built upon Drupal. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to do this? Bitcoin.org does provide a great example for how to allow multiple contributors but perhaps there is a better way without migrating the entire site. We also will be adding the OP of this thread to a Github repo for people to help edit.

We would like to start a DigiByte project section that will allow people to contribute DigiBytes toward specific projects they want to see completed and a place for developers to come and see what needs to be done. Right now with 20+ software platforms and counting we see growing pains from time to time that others can much more efficiently help with. Long story short, we want to help get the community more organized and efficiently utilized. We would like to here everyones thoughts and ideas on how this can best be accomplished. Cheers.

Those ideas sound just fantastic!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:06:33 PM

I have already received a submitted personal statement (250-300 words) from one user on this forum.  Please could people who were part of the DigiByte community in the first year write one.  I have two more, possibly three, more statements I can include in the book called "DigiByte - History of the First Year".  Personally, I would like Jared, 24hralttrade and HR to submit theirs.  

Please get in contact via private message on here.  Only four weeks remain until publication.  

Thank you

Chris

When keeping in mind that your book deals with the first year, I got to thinking that what I might say now might be completely inappropriate after having seen 9 months more development - it would be a kind of back to the future anachronism - so I did a quick look-see and came up with this from back in January just around the time of DigiByte's first birthday. It's probably about the most representative thing I could find and should serve well as a "personal statement" or kind of "testimonial" as to my thoughts and commitment at that time. Would this kind of thing work for you? I could take a look further back when I have a bit more time and perhaps find a couple other snippits, perhaps something even a bit more personable, if you'd like.

You really need to read a bit before coming to conclusions.

. . . starting with the OP.

Here are some excerpts

Why use DigiByte?

Security: DigiByte uses five highly advanced cryptographic algorithms.

Speed: DigiByte transaction notifications occur in 1-3 seconds, blocks are discovered every thirty seconds and transactions are fully confirmed every 3 minutes. Future planned upgrades will make these times even faster.

Fees: Most DigiByte to DigiByte transactions are free or carry a very small network-mining fee to incentivize people to mine.

Worldwide: DigiBytes are already stored, traded and transacted in over 173 countries.

Decentralization: There is no need for a middleman or third party or central server.

Re-Spend: Send DigiBytes you received to someone else in as little as three minutes.

Finite Production: New DigiBytes are added to the network every thirty seconds through a process called mining as each new block (or grouping of transactions in a spreadsheet like format) is discovered by the network.

Scarcity: 21 Billion DigiBytes will be created in 21 years.

1% Monthly New Minting Reduction: New DigiByte production decreases 1% every month.

Mining: DigiByte mining is decentralized with five independent, highly secure mining algorithms.

Adaptable, innovative & flexible: DigiByte is constantly adding new features & services to remain on the cutting edge of digital currency technology.

Committed Development: DigiByte has been under constant, progressive development for over one year now with core development team members from all over the world.

Millennial Acquisition Potential: DigiByte provides merchants, banks & other legacy institutions with a new means of acquiring & connecting with tech savvy millennial users.

A Bright Future: DigiByte has many new & exciting projects underway to be released throughout 2015 to increase DigiByte utility and new user adoption across the globe.

DigiByte vs. Bitcoin

Security: 5 DigiByte mining algorithms vs. 1 Bitcoin algorithm.
  • DigiByte mining is much more decentralized.
  • DigiByte mining algorithms can be changed out in the future to prevent centralization.

Speed:  DigiByte transactions occur much faster that Bitcoin transactions.
  • 1-3 second transaction notifications.
  • 30 second DigiByte blocks vs. 10 minute Bitcoin blocks.
  • DigiBytes are confirmed after 3 minutes vs. 1 hour with Bitcoins.

Transaction Volume: DigiByte can handle many more transactions per second.
  • Bitcoin can only handle 7 transactions per second.
  • DigiByte currently can handle 140 transactions per second.
  • Future DigiByte upgrades will push transaction limit to several thousand per second.

Total Supply: More DigiBytes, lower price, more micro transactions, better price stability.
  • 21 billion DigiBytes will be created over 21 years.
  • Only 21 million Bitcoin will be created over 140 years.
  • 1:1000 ratio. 1 Bitcoin for every 1000 DigiBytes.

Flexibility: Ability to quickly add new features.
  • DigiByte can add new features & upgrades much quicker than Bitcoin.
  • Future DigiByte upgrades will push transaction limit to several thousand per second.

Marketability & Usability: DigiByte is an easy brand to market to consumers.
  • DigiBytes are much cheaper to acquire.
  • $1 - $10 long-term price target per DigiByte.
  • Send 5 DigiBytes instead of 0.005 Bitcoin.

DigiByte Timeline

2009 - 2012: The initial design & development for an open source decentralized cryptocurrency known as Bitcoin is created by an anonymous programmer using the name Satoshi Nakamoto.

2012 – 2013: The founder of DigiByte, Jared Tate initially discovers Bitcoin and spends over 14 months analyzing, learning & experimenting with the Bitcoin network and source code.

November 2013: Jared decides to improve upon Bitcoin’s codebase with a brand new digital currency & payment network named DigiByte and begins development.

January 10th, 2014, 12 PM MST: DigiByte officially launches with much success and user participation from around the globe.

February 28th, 2014: DigiShield hardfork at block 67,200. DigiByte developers in response to multi-pool attacks test and develop an asymmetrical difficulty adjustment system named DigiShield. DigiShield is quickly adopted & implemented by many other digital currencies including Dogecoin. Many digital currencies still use & apply parts of DigiShield codebase.

April 8th, 2014: DigiByte attends, gives a professional presentation & has a booth at the first ever cryptocurrency convention in New York City. Watch Video Here

May 1st, 2014: DigiByte mentioned on CNBC.com. Read Here

May 9th, 2014: DigiByte mentioned live on CNBC for the first time. Watch Video Here

May - August 2014: DigiByte team meets with several potential investors & strategic partners.

September 1st, 2014: MultiAlgo hardfork at block 145,000. DigiByte plans & successfully deploys its second hardfork to allow miners to mine on five independent mining algorithms & is the first digital currency to make such a move.

November 29th, 2014: DigiByte officially announces a $250,000 private investment to build services around the DigiByte network as well as a strategic collaboration with Tofugear Ltd of Hong Kong and a new office presence in Hong Kong.  Read Announcement Here

December 10th, 2014: MultiShield hardfork at block 400,000. DigiByte deploys & executes its third hard fork to improve network performance alongside a reward reduction to extend DigiByte production to 21 years.

January 10th, 2015: DigiByte turns one year old.

January 16th, 2015: DigiByte releases DigiHash Easy Miner for beginners. Read Release Post

January 21st, 2015: DigiByte releases 1st Web Based Multi-Signature Wallet. Read Release Post

January 23rd, 2015: The first DigiByte wallet has been approved & listed on the Apple iTunes store. Read Release Post

January 26th, 2015: DigiByte mentioned on CNBC.com! Read Article

February 1st, 2015: The DigiByteTip is released to the public for beta testing. This allows users tip send & tip DigiBytes on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook and Reddit. Read Release Post

And don't forget about all those little mentioned accomplishments while "jet setting" around. (I need to compile a list.)

Here is a quick update for everyone!

The 1st ever Digital Currencies convention for Bankers went very well in New York. We made a lot of connections & introduced a lot of high level people to DigiByte & DigiPay. Every major bank from Wells Fargo, Chase & more to Visa, Mastercard and even the people who run the SWIFT international transfer system where in attendance. There were also several representatives from some of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks. It was the most insightful & beneficial conference we have attended yet. Besides Ethereum, Mastercoin & Ripple we were the only alt coin represented there. This showed several people we are serious & a legitimate contender for long term Digital Currency success.

The thing that surprised us the most was not "if" digital currencies would go main stream, but "when," "how" and "who" would be the first ones to do it. Several bankers legitimately felt block-chain technology can replace the aging ACH system. Bankers felt block chain technology could make it much easier for them to operate & follow AML/KYC laws.

I (Jared) also met up with Brian Kelly of Nautiluscoin & had a great lengthy conversation about the future of Digital Currencies after attending the Fast Money show at the NASDAQ market site. Some very positive things are underway. Finance is changing & we are proud to stand along side all of you as we are all pioneering the future of money! DigiByte to the moon! Smiley

In a nutshell, DGB is a highly focused endeavor with an extremely clear vision for creating a viable, widely adopted digital currency for a specific niche that meets (and beats I might say) all existing programming requirements and that IS BEING DELIVERED on time and as promised by a Dev Team led by a real person whose real identity is known to all.

Can you say that about any other "alt coin"?

gooldbitx103

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 11:10:49 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 11:21:02 PM by gooldbitx103

... the book called "DigiByte - History of the First Year". ...

hi tyke
in the book, have you mentioned the "hash.so" pool ?
you should! They've stolen many DGB to the miners we were at the first months of digibyte.
i've been one of those miners.  Sad

some clues here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=402076.420
(not me in the post, i've lost more)

http://dgbsupport.digiassetx.com/
https://dgbwiki.com/
EPLDCC

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:26:46 AM

I am really impressed by the growing number of quality posts being made in the form of knowledgeable questions and suggestions about both specific technicals and general promotional avenues and ideas, as well as, and perhaps even more so, with the expressed desires to contribute (and continue doing so, as may be the case). Really phenomenal!

Couple that with the open source spirit of transparency and collaboration that is so evident throughout this thread - throughout the entire project for that matter - and it becomes extremely difficult to imagine anything but long term success for DigiByte.

This suggests to me that DGB is getting legs and really starting to get a life of its own. There have been so many "before's and after's" with DigiByte, that I hesitate to call this another key turning point, but it most certainly looks like one when seen from the community's point of view and I think we might look back on the autumn of 2015 as the time when the DigiByte community exploded in numbers, abilities and skill sets and really came of its own.

HR,

We couldn't agree more. We feel the time has come to do a few things, starting with the main DigiByte website. We would like to open source it and add it to GitHub so anyone can contribute. The site is currently built upon Drupal. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to do this? Bitcoin.org does provide a great example for how to allow multiple contributors but perhaps there is a better way without migrating the entire site. We also will be adding the OP of this thread to a Github repo for people to help edit.

We would like to start a DigiByte project section that will allow people to contribute DigiBytes toward specific projects they want to see completed and a place for developers to come and see what needs to be done. Right now with 20+ software platforms and counting we see growing pains from time to time that others can much more efficiently help with. Long story short, we want to help get the community more organized and efficiently utilized. We would like to here everyones thoughts and ideas on how this can best be accomplished. Cheers.

I'd be happy to add an "Official DGB Projects" section to the DigiByte Group website.  I could even give you access as an editor of the site so that you could post projects directly.  It might not be the long-term solution you're looking for, but it would be easily implemented - I could do it almost immediately.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 04:42:25 AM

HR,

I'd be happy to add an "Official DGB Projects" section to the DigiByte Group website.  I could even give you access as an editor of the site so that you could post projects directly.  It might not be the long-term solution you're looking for, but it would be easily implemented - I could do it almost immediately.

This would be great, and a logical place to start. Thank you for the offer! As for contributions toward specific projects we can set up a multi-sig wallet in the Gaming Wallet and post the addresses from there. What does everyone think about that?

CrappyJavaScriptDev

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:55:43 AM

HR,

I'd be happy to add an "Official DGB Projects" section to the DigiByte Group website.  I could even give you access as an editor of the site so that you could post projects directly.  It might not be the long-term solution you're looking for, but it would be easily implemented - I could do it almost immediately.

This would be great, and a logical place to start. Thank you for the offer! As for contributions toward specific projects we can set up a multi-sig wallet in the Gaming Wallet and post the addresses from there. What does everyone think about that?

https://tip4commit.com/ would be perfect for this and is open source so a DGB4Commit wouldn't take alot of time.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 09:20:30 AM

https://tip4commit.com/ would be perfect for this and is open source so a DGB4Commit wouldn't take alot of time.

Awesome! Thank you very much! We are going to get this set up.

tmoney2013

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:53:22 AM

eBay is looking for digital currencies as a payment method get on it guys
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 01:59:17 AM

Best of luck tomorrow in Athens Jamie! Smiley

https://twitter.com/j_t_king/status/662266128337629184/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Allforone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:42:24 AM

That would be unreal if they took digibyte

diabolus

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:12:07 AM

That would be something Shocked Smiley

http://www.coinfox.info/news/3607-ebay-is-preparing-for-more-digital-currencies
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 10:08:24 AM

That would be something Shocked Smiley

http://www.coinfox.info/news/3607-ebay-is-preparing-for-more-digital-currencies

RT Smiley
https://twitter.com/Alttrade/status/662925201865375744

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:03:12 AM

RT'ed xD

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:15:33 AM

This would be big for DGB I hope it gets accepted as a payment method.

roldenro

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:32:32 AM

hey now twitter dgb any TIP ?
how do this ?
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 11:37:51 AM

hey now twitter dgb any TIP ?
how do this ?
Feel free to drop your twitter account and i will send you some!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 05:41:59 PM

Done this would be great!

bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 07:31:26 PM

Make btc on 796.com..send to polo...buy DGB under 100 sats..rinse and repeat weekly.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:47:35 PM

Make btc on 796.com..send to polo...buy DGB under 100 sats..rinse and repeat weekly.

Never even heard of that place, Exchange?

bobthenager

Activity: 443
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2015, 04:03:33 AM

^ Yep, make it there then send over to polo to convert to dgb when they pay out weekly Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: