Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058326 times)
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:10:26 PM

Who cares about moving shit from A to B faster then somebody else moving his shit from A to B.
Digibyte has no usecase. That is the main problem. Furthermore they only have half baked projects that hit the wall.

Because of the speed of business, the speed of transactions can make or break deals. If DGB can show that their blockchain can secure and deliver official, signed documents 40x faster than BTC in a real-world scenario, it will go a long way in proving to businesses that they are legit.

I would say just mail the documents or relay them via whatever existing ESB solution with thousands of signed documents per second. Really no need to try and stuff this crap in the blockchain. You cannot compare btc to dgb because they have nothing to do with each other. Btc does not pretend to put data on the blockchain for whatever fantasy smart contract story so why compare the two? The technical limitations of hoarding the blockchain with data are a big showstopper not to mention the total lack of incentives to support such a monster. It's a fantasy

I work at a big financial company and they have arranged this all quite well using normal software. Again there is no single reason for something like digusign to be on a PUBLIC blockchain with tokens that can be traded publicaly. Come on...what is the core of a company that runs around with things like digusign and tokens to buy clothes for your online virtual game character. It's like selling sailing boats and kids toys in one shop.

In this blockchain madness everybody is just trying to use a blockchain for things that do not  belong their design wise. One big reason for that is that money keeps flowing in if you have a coin. No money would come to you with only a 15 page presentation showing a ship with containers and some random numbers and weird extrapolations. Unless you mention blockchain a few times and invent a token

And I'm not saying here that Jared and his crew are dishonest or scammers. It's just all a bit too enthusiastic and gotten out of control. Will end in non delivery and shattered dreams. The only real world usecase will be the wallet, just like most other alt coins

Btw our bank has about 300 core developers(highly educated, well paid, very organized). Of they want to make something they will do it on their own. They do not  need 5 people desperately looking for a usecase. They will identify the usecase and react on that accordingly. It's no rocket science

You are applying the concept of smart contracts too narrowly. Just because in the case of your particular company you (personally) deem the technology to be unnecessary, it means nothing to other companies and other industries. As just one example, my own company is looking at smart contracts to reduce execution costs of multi-year contracts and ensure timely payment. What form smart contracts will eventually take, and on what platform they will thrive, who knows. But to arbitrarily say a burgeoning technology is useless just because you personally have no use for it puts you at risk of joining these people:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/10-worst-tech-predictions-of-all-time

However, this has to be my all-time favourite tech blunder  Cheesy
https://techcrunch.com/2010/09/29/google-excite/
comp

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 03:34:43 PM

Who cares about moving shit from A to B faster then somebody else moving his shit from A to B.
Digibyte has no usecase. That is the main problem. Furthermore they only have half baked projects that hit the wall.

Because of the speed of business, the speed of transactions can make or break deals. If DGB can show that their blockchain can secure and deliver official, signed documents 40x faster than BTC in a real-world scenario, it will go a long way in proving to businesses that they are legit.

I would say just mail the documents or relay them via whatever existing ESB solution with thousands of signed documents per second. Really no need to try and stuff this crap in the blockchain. You cannot compare btc to dgb because they have nothing to do with each other. Btc does not pretend to put data on the blockchain for whatever fantasy smart contract story so why compare the two? The technical limitations of hoarding the blockchain with data are a big showstopper not to mention the total lack of incentives to support such a monster. It's a fantasy

I work at a big financial company and they have arranged this all quite well using normal software. Again there is no single reason for something like digusign to be on a PUBLIC blockchain with tokens that can be traded publicaly. Come on...what is the core of a company that runs around with things like digusign and tokens to buy clothes for your online virtual game character. It's like selling sailing boats and kids toys in one shop.

In this blockchain madness everybody is just trying to use a blockchain for things that do not  belong their design wise. One big reason for that is that money keeps flowing in if you have a coin. No money would come to you with only a 15 page presentation showing a ship with containers and some random numbers and weird extrapolations. Unless you mention blockchain a few times and invent a token

And I'm not saying here that Jared and his crew are dishonest or scammers. It's just all a bit too enthusiastic and gotten out of control. Will end in non delivery and shattered dreams. The only real world usecase will be the wallet, just like most other alt coins

Btw our bank has about 300 core developers(highly educated, well paid, very organized). Of they want to make something they will do it on their own. They do not  need 5 people desperately looking for a usecase. They will identify the usecase and react on that accordingly. It's no rocket science

You are applying the concept of smart contracts too narrowly. Just because in the case of your particular company you (personally) deem the technology to be unnecessary, it means nothing to other companies and other industries. As just one example, my own company is looking at smart contracts to reduce execution costs of multi-year contracts and ensure timely payment. What form smart contracts will eventually take, and on what platform they will thrive, who knows. But to arbitrarily say a burgeoning technology is useless just because you personally have no use for it puts you at risk of joining these people:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/10-worst-tech-predictions-of-all-time

However, this has to be my all-time favourite tech blunder  Cheesy
https://techcrunch.com/2010/09/29/google-excite/

All fine but you really do not need a dapp for that which uses a public chain with a public token (No pos or no pow) The logic just doesn't hold to stuff these kind of things into a public blockchain with decentralized consensus.

Calling the blockchain overhyped really has not much to do with my personal usecase but the lack of any viable usecase so far that solves a real world problem. Even the coin leaders themselves start to sweat and to stutter questioned about the use case and smart contracts. It's a fantasy...like trying to stuff 470 people in a plane designed for just 12...or maybe better analogy trying to stuff 470 people in an aircraft designed for 12 while the distance they need to travel is just 500 meters. They could better have a traditional walk to their destination
Dutchman007

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:46:17 PM

What or who decides if DGB hits the Chinese and Korean market? As i look at many coins i see very high volumes (100 - 200 million per day) of trading per coin at those markets....
Dutchman007

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 05:56:24 PM

And it looks natural to me that the coin will only come out stronger if it hits those markets...
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:04:20 PM

1s.t things i need to say is you need to learn what is blockchain
here we go i give you link to learn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sm5LNqL5j0

2nd. you need to know what is smartcontract
here i send link for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkeLDPZ-v8g

3rd. why bitcoin cant compare with digibyte? didnt it same blockchain and same decentral currencies?

4th. you work on a big financial company doesnt mean you know everything, and blockchain? from your explanation im sure, you are zero knowledge about blockchain and dint know how smartcontract work and i know the first part who threatened is finance company, your company. it mean fi you cant follow evolution technology you will be left far behind and find new job
here i give again link for you for knowledge and you can find another source with type word "smartcontracs usecase"
https://blockgeeks.com/guides/smart-contracts/
and
https://blockchainhub.net/smart-contracts/

5th. why digibyte use token? if it can use digibyte as payment?Huh

6th. "No money would come to you with only a 15 page presentation showing a ship with containers and some random numbers and weird extrapolations. Unless you mention blockchain a few times and invent a token"
You are like an old man who really lags about technology Grin
And dont know how to work get investor attention from investors, please remember i say investors not getting loans from banks.
Because it's about business to business, once again not a business to get a loan

7th."Btw our bank has about 300 core developers(highly educated, well paid, very organized). Of they want to make something they will do it on their own. They do not  need 5 people desperately looking for a usecase. They will identify the usecase and react on that accordingly. It's no rocket science"
Why they dont build their own? They oppose the use of blockchain before, because many will lose their jobs. But this year's different story if they do not go with the change means they will lose everything

8th. i know you are really really upset jump on crypto in wrong time. the crypto market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient
welcome to cryptoworld Grin Grin

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
comp

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:16:57 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2017, 06:27:01 PM by comp

1s.t things i need to say is you need to learn what is blockchain
here we go i give you link to learn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sm5LNqL5j0

2nd. you need to know what is smartcontract
here i send link for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkeLDPZ-v8g

3rd. why bitcoin cant compare with digibyte? didnt it same blockchain and same decentral currencies?

4th. you work on a big financial company doesnt mean you know everything, and blockchain? from your explanation im sure, you are zero knowledge about blockchain and dint know how smartcontract work and i know the first part who threatened is finance company, your company. it mean fi you cant follow evolution technology you will be left far behind and find new job
here i give again link for you for knowledge and you can find another source with type word "smartcontracs usecase"
https://blockgeeks.com/guides/smart-contracts/
and
https://blockchainhub.net/smart-contracts/

5th. why digibyte use token? if it can use digibyte as payment?Huh

6th. "No money would come to you with only a 15 page presentation showing a ship with containers and some random numbers and weird extrapolations. Unless you mention blockchain a few times and invent a token"
You are like an old man who really lags about technology Grin
And dont know how to work get investor attention from investors, please remember i say investors not getting loans from banks.
Because it's about business to business, once again not a business to get a loan

7th."Btw our bank has about 300 core developers(highly educated, well paid, very organized). Of they want to make something they will do it on their own. They do not  need 5 people desperately looking for a usecase. They will identify the usecase and react on that accordingly. It's no rocket science"
Why they dont build their own? They oppose the use of blockchain before, because many will lose their jobs. But this year's different story if they do not go with the change means they will lose everything

8th. i know you are really really upset jump on crypto in wrong time. the crypto market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient
welcome to cryptoworld Grin Grin

Madness begins in the form of delusional abstractions in the form of stupid drawings. The function of a public blockchain in relation to the stupid car example is just so point in case for the madness. It's really crazy. It does not solve anything which is already done in a more efficiënt way. Not using all kinds of cryptocrap. There is NO demand for such thing on a, and I repeat myself, public blockchain with tradeable and speculative tokens backing it. No point at all.

These drawings are for sales people. The drawings are logical but fall apart taking blockchain economiics/incentives and technical details into account. It's utterly inefficient as well.

See here the Tezos smart contract guru sweating after a few simple question

https://youtu.be/gsY5wXj4Xm8
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2017, 07:18:19 PM

Orders successfully placed for both Digibyte and BitBay on the Blocknet's decentralized exchange!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
10foldtony

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:32:29 AM

Always makes me laugh when i see people spend their time sh**ing on a coin in forums that they think will go nowhere. If you didnt agree that pink unicorns existed would you spend your time reading threads on forums and replying to the contrary to people who believe pink unicorns do exist?
No....that would be stupid and a waste of time now wouldn't it? Unless you want to keep buying cheap pink unicorns!
letsgoman

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:37:12 AM

Have there been any updates by DGB team recently? Do they post in this forum?

✓✓  verify   ★★★★★  The Ethereum-powered Reputation Platform for Commerce
The Future of Reputation   //  WHITEPAPER  //
████████████│    MEDIUM    |    Live Chat on DISCORD    │████████████
Telenong

Activity: 469
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 03:09:25 AM

Orders successfully placed for both Digibyte and BitBay on the Blocknet's decentralized exchange!

What is a Decentralized Exchange
A decentralized exchange is an exchange market that does not rely on a third party service to hold the customer's funds. Instead, trades occur directly between users (peer to peer) through an automated process. This system can be achieved by creating proxy tokens (crypto assets that represent a certain fiat or crypto currency) or assets (that can represent shares in a company for example) or through a decentralized multi-signature escrow system, among other solutions that are currently being developed.

This system contrasts with the current centralized model in which users deposit their funds and the exchange issues an IOU that can be freely traded on the platform. When a user asks to withdraw his funds, these are converted back into the cryptocurrency they represent and sent to their owner.

Benefits
The most obvious benefit to using a decentralized exchange over a centralized one is their "trustless" nature. You are not required to trust the security or honesty of the exchange since the funds are held by you in your personal wallet and not by a third party.

Another advantage to the decentralized model is the privacy it provides. Users are not required to disclose their personal details to anyone, except if the exchange method involves bank transfers, in which case your identity is revealed only to the person that is selling or buying from you.

Furthermore, the hosting of decentralized exchanges is distributed through nodes meaning that there is no risk of server downtime.

Digibyte donate : DGHhJ4r6QqW2GMXL9FcsHpteFLZV3V3VgN
slanislaw

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:54:06 AM

Has anyone hit a block solo mining the wallet with myriad-groestl? I found 6 in a week pool mining so I switched to solo and haven't found a single one in a week.. could be just bad luck but might also be something else.

I'm using an older wallet (v4.0.3) as I couldn't get mining working on the newest version. I'm using sgminer.

Also has anyone figured out how to setup a dgb myriad-groestl pool? I tried nomp and unomp and both fail.. Even tried the digihash source and that also isn't working. Even the digihash site doesn't support that algo.

Thanks
digitaldoxy

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 06:46:42 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 06:58:33 AM by digitaldoxy

Has anyone hit a block solo mining the wallet with myriad-groestl? I found 6 in a week pool mining so I switched to solo and haven't found a single one in a week.. could be just bad luck but might also be something else.

I'm using an older wallet (v4.0.3) as I couldn't get mining working on the newest version. I'm using sgminer.

Also has anyone figured out how to setup a dgb myriad-groestl pool? I tried nomp and unomp and both fail.. Even tried the digihash source and that also isn't working. Even the digihash site doesn't support that algo.

Thanks

I also had probs finding a block using the NOMP and UNOMP pool gits with the current wallet version... I did get it all up and running and all my rigs were connecting and hashing properly, just never seemed to find a block even though I have a good amount of hashing power. In the end I switched back to an existing pool because the wasted hashes were going to cost me more than if I'd just kept mining on a fee pool. I'd also be interested to hear any solutions, or atleast some idea of the problem if anyone can shed some light.

That said.... It's a little bit disappointing that even Digihash doesn't have groestl mining anymore, and IMO it just adds to the existing frustration people are feeling about potentially great DGB projects (DigbyteGaming, Digihash) having an "unfinished air" about them. I voted no in the Digibyte Foundation poll on Twitter specifically for this reason. DGB has alot of potential, and that's why I've been investing in, running fulltime nodes, and mining it for a couple years now, but the dev team really need to up their game on the issues at hand, rather than start another half-baked project... I say this only because I'd like to see DGB reach it's potential as a top player in the cryptosphere, not to bash the coin.
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:34:50 AM

Anybody care to share insight for the misleading news i.e digibyte / minecraft news?
isn't it the digibyte team responsible for that ?
I have hard time trusting team with misleading / lies rather than those who are legit, and without lies, such as syscoin.

also, bagholders/non-bagholders, what do you expect for digibytes to be in 2018?

lastly, where is digibyte slack? and where can I communicate with digibyte team? and read whitepaper/roadmap?

iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 12:05:11 PM

Anybody care to share insight for the misleading news i.e digibyte / minecraft news?
isn't it the digibyte team responsible for that ?
I have hard time trusting team with misleading / lies rather than those who are legit, and without lies, such as syscoin.

also, bagholders/non-bagholders, what do you expect for digibytes to be in 2018?

lastly, where is digibyte slack? and where can I communicate with digibyte team? and read whitepaper/roadmap?

Oh come on... it has been done to death that the Minecraft project was not an official thing and that the DGB devs are in no way responsible for, nor have any control over, it. The Minecraft server is a totally independent project.

DigiByte uses Telegram. You can probably contact with the team more easily there because messages easily get lost in this thread.
https://t.me/DigiByteCoin

As for price estimate, I really hope you would not put your faith in what anonymous people in an internet forum tell you. If you ask for advice here I am sure you'll get an equal number of responses both ways, but I personally would not listen to either.
Dutchman007

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:00:04 PM

What or who decides if DGB hits the Chinese and Korean market? As i look at many coins i see very high volumes (100 - 200 million per day) of trading per coin at those markets....
And it looks natural to me that the coin will only come out stronger if it hits those markets...

LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 04:29:46 PM

I am sorry, I have had little time this weekend and a couple of days before that to read the topics at bitcointalk but are there developments/news regarding DGB?
comp

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:01:23 PM

I am sorry, I have had little time this weekend and a couple of days before that to read the topics at bitcointalk but are there developments/news regarding DGB?

None probably funds still stuck in their digishop
lucandroid70

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 05:05:29 PM

Do you think the DGB will resume Huh I saw the market very uncertain Huh What do you say?
Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 07:53:40 PM

Could someone explain to me WHY and HOW I have a debug.log file HUGE in size (7 Go) ?

I don't get that for any of the many coins I have in desktop wallets

Is there a way to get rid off the content or?

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████         ███████
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

████████████████████████████
██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████     ███   ███     █████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Altcoinlover

Activity: 746
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 09:01:25 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2017, 09:12:00 PM by Altcoinlover

Is there a recent bootstrap to speed up syncind of a new wallet just installed?

And also a list of ad-nodes as the wallet is not able to catch connexions

thanks

███ ███
          ██████
         ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ███████████████████
     ████████████████████
   █████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 █████████
█████████
█████████          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████        ███████
 ███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄█v█████
  ███████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      ███████████████████
        ███████████████
          ██████
          ████ ███
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
enesis

☑ No ICO/Auction.
☑ No pre-mine__--
☑ Fair Launch___-

██████               ███████
█████                 ██████
████                   █████
██████   █████████   ███████
█████████████████████ ██████
                        ████
                          ██
DISCORD

▄█████████████████████████████▄
████████████████▌ ▄▄▀▀    ▀████
████████████████ █████▄   █████
█████████████▀▀ ▐▀█████████████
███▀▀ ▀▀▀             ▀▀▀¬▀▀███
███        ▄       ▄        ███
███▄      ███     ███      ▄███
████        `              ████
█████      ▄▄     ▄▄      █████
███████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄███████
███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
███████████████████████████████
REDDIT

POW       
Equihash 192.7
Airdrops & Bounties

Pages: « 1 ... 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 [1615] 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: