Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:33:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
lorol

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:14:49 AM

I just have to share this with anyone that wants to listen ...... I have been hacked for 4.5 million digibyte Cry Cry

I have absolutely no idea what has happened, but yesterday I did a sync of my digibyte core wallet installed on my computer, and when the sync was over, my wallet was empty.

I checked my wallet address DMHUZWvzfJwdiiivnbfkMW34LBmAt5r9Zv in the blockchain explorer and to my horror I realized that the transactions in fact had taken place.

What has happened? I have never given my private keys to anyone, my pc shows no sign og beeing hacked, its fully updated, have the newest antivirus. My wallet is also protected by a strong password. My pc wasn't online at the time of the transactions. Im a sysadmin and i know a thing or 2 about pc security,

How can this happen? can anyone help me to clarify what has happened before i jump screeaming out of the nearest window Cry

that is scary  Roll Eyes

0.25% of digibyte in the world are lost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:18:27 AM

I just have to share this with anyone that wants to listen ...... I have been hacked for 4.5 million digibyte Cry Cry

I have absolutely no idea what has happened, but yesterday I did a sync of my digibyte core wallet installed on my computer, and when the sync was over, my wallet was empty.

I checked my wallet address DMHUZWvzfJwdiiivnbfkMW34LBmAt5r9Zv in the blockchain explorer and to my horror I realized that the transactions in fact had taken place.

What has happened? I have never given my private keys to anyone, my pc shows no sign og beeing hacked, its fully updated, have the newest antivirus. My wallet is also protected by a strong password. My pc wasn't online at the time of the transactions. Im a sysadmin and i know a thing or 2 about pc security,

How can this happen? can anyone help me to clarify what has happened before i jump screeaming out of the nearest window Cry

that is scary  Roll Eyes

0.25% of digibyte in the world are lost.

Actually they are only lost if someone loses a private key, which doesn't appear to be the case here.
nthnode404

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

Everything I say is in My Opinion Only!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:19:54 AM

that is scary  Roll Eyes

They hacked your PC or were your coins on an Exchange? Does the digibyte wallet have a Debug Window>Console where you can do a "checkwallet" to see if the wallet needs to be or can be repaired?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:22:20 AM

that is scary  Roll Eyes

They hacked your PC or were your coins on an Exchange? Does the digibyte wallet have a Debug Window>Console where you can do a "checkwallet" to see if the wallet needs to be or can be repaired?

You can see on the blockchain there were three separate transaction that moved the coins to other addresses. Either the OP has amnesia or someone close to him "borrowed" his DGB or he was indeed hacked.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
longestday3030

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:12:19 AM

that is scary  Roll Eyes

You can see on the blockchain there were three separate transaction that moved the coins to other addresses. Either the OP has amnesia or someone close to him "borrowed" his DGB or he was indeed hacked.

I think it is impossible for those transactions to occur without access to the wallet. That's a lot of coins to lose. Maybe a dedicated secure PC must be used for very large coins such as that. A PC that is only used to sync the wallets or transfer coins to an exchange and nothing else.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ★★★ LETHEAN  ★★★    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┊┈  VPN + BLOCKCHAIN, Absolute Internet Privacy ┈┊
█ █   LinkedinTwitterYoutubeDiscordRedditFacebook  ◉  Whitepaper  ◉ Bitcointalk Ann  █ █ 
cryptmebro

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:22:04 AM

DGB will touch $3+USD this year...mark my words
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:45:40 AM

that is scary  Roll Eyes

I think it is impossible for those transactions to occur without access to the wallet. That's a lot of coins to lose. Maybe a dedicated secure PC must be used for very large coins such as that. A PC that is only used to sync the wallets or transfer coins to an exchange and nothing else.

Unfortunately this is one of the persistent weaknesses of crypto; susceptibility to hacking/theft. Not that fiat doesn't have similar issues but the authorities will pay much more attention to conventional theft than of DigiByte, Bitcoin etc. If we can't reliably keep DGB in a hot wallet it really defeats the purpose and usefulness of it although, much as you would do with fiat, there is no need to carry around more than you need for the day. If you have a decent stash it is worth it to keep 99% of it in an offline laptop core wallet or hardware wallet.
Driendy

Activity: 334
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:07:48 PM

We are meeting strong resistance at 0.08 c . Let's see if we can go through in which case we'll see new heights very soon .
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:21:42 PM

This is heart breaking, sorry for your loss. Maybe someone close to you gained access to your computer without your knowledge? A maid, a cousin, a brother, an older kid, sometimes things are stolen by the least you'd expect. Or maybe you were hacked, I don't know but I feel for ya man I really do
Jumbley
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:03:11 PM

that is scary  Roll Eyes

Unfortunately this is one of the persistent weaknesses of crypto; susceptibility to hacking/theft. Not that fiat doesn't have similar issues but the authorities will pay much more attention to conventional theft than of DigiByte, Bitcoin etc. If we can't reliably keep DGB in a hot wallet it really defeats the purpose and usefulness of it although, much as you would do with fiat, there is no need to carry around more than you need for the day. If you have a decent stash it is worth it to keep 99% of it in an offline laptop core wallet or hardware wallet.

Not sure if I would call it a weakness. The issue is that you are your own bank and have to be responsible for securing your own assets. Of course banks lose money all the time but they don’t advertise the fact, they are able to ‘make up’ replacement fiat funds but this inflates the economy so impacts everyone, not just the affected accounts. People, on the whole, seem to be happier with this kind of practice because they feel it protects them but the reality is, everything is totally out of their control and broken. Of course it is difficult for everyone to see it is broken, because replacement funds can be materialised out of thin air but everything gets more expensive and the majority of people can afford less.  There is plenty of room in ‘crypto’ for banks to actually provide secure services where they charge to protect and manage people’s funds but they need to actually provide these secure services and not something that just ‘looks’ like they do. This is the ‘real’ challenge for banks! Unfortunately, people can’t seem to see past the dollar signs in their own eyes, they perceive anything going up in price as good and anything going down in price as bad and financial authorities can play this game forever to make whatever they choose to use look good but this really isn’t the truth, only the same illusion they have always used to keep the majority of us firmly in the ‘sucker’ category and it works…..We all need to change the way we look at things if we truly want to fix anything.
Lawzt

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:17:28 PM

i dont know what happen here, i see the wallet has activity in 5 tx in december 13 and december 24
3 address recieve tx
https://digiexplorer.info/address/DGRUj8M93ZeEh25neCsgqL45Qw6TWDUKDL
https://digiexplorer.info/address/DCNx5amDoqoYEJeawJAwEwN3HSRsiEAwxt
https://digiexplorer.info/address/DMyDEZwB5r56dXP79TFoJWMNJvabSHmfi8

my opinion this transaction is not hacked but send from wallet itself

the transactions done on december the 13 was done by me .... the rest was not, i was away on christmas holiday and my pc containing my wallet was off. Appartment was locked and computer is also protected by password. 
callkiller

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:19:49 PM

i dont know what happen here, i see the wallet has activity in 5 tx in december 13 and december 24
3 address recieve tx

the transactions done on december the 13 was done by me .... the rest was not, i was away on christmas holiday and my pc containing my wallet was off. Appartment was locked and computer is also protected by password. 
is it possible someone knew you were going on holidays and gained access to you're apartment when you were away?
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:27:28 PM

3 address recieve tx

How many transactions had you made out of this address before the December 13th one?
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:29:08 PM

DGB will touch $3+USD this year...mark my words

Well, for such a statement it must have a reason, could it explain better why you think DGB  this year. $3?

OI
Lawzt

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:29:32 PM

that is scary  Roll Eyes

Maybe the pc was hacked and the wallet copied and the password was brute forced, maby that is a possibility?? good advice with the dedicated secure pc. I have bourght myself a hardware wallet now.
Jumbley
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:41:02 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 02:20:38 PM by Jumbley

that is scary  Roll Eyes

Maybe the pc was hacked and the wallet copied and the password was brute forced, maby that is a possibility?? good advice with the dedicated secure pc. I have bourght myself a hardware wallet now.
Was your wallet completely emptied, then maybe so, if it was only one address involved unlikely.

edit: I'm going to assume Lawzt has me on 'ignore'.
ibeta

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:14:24 PM

Digibyte is looking good. We should see positive 2018 and so on.

hold into your coins.
forward42Zero

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:19:53 PM

Digibyte is looking good. We should see positive 2018 and so on.

hold into your coins.

also hold onto em. It's a good idea to have a few digis in the digital age
mvinon

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:20:50 PM

I have a question, back in 2015 I had mined some digibytes and moved them all into a wallet then the laptop power connector broke so I took the hard drive out and placed it aside.  This weekend I am going to install that hard drive in a new computer and attempt to re-sync my wallet.

Since my wallet has not been synced since June of 2015 am I going to encounter any problems?

Thanks in Advance,
Adam
nesic1

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:28:15 PM

i just bought 16k dgb
for my grandchildren
 Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 [1736] 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: