Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:20:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055612 times)
zaloultra

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:27:54 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 08:53:26 PM by zaloultra

4 lottery tickets just bought. woo hoo. now please make sure i win.thanks

The first lottery tickets are being sold, only 150 tickets will be sold altogether. Get them while you can  Smiley

Lottery:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423204.0

Edit: 9 tickets sold, 141 to go.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gingermod

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:30:57 PM

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit confused regarding Digibyte having a pre-mine, and announcing it as if it is a positive feature?  

Yes it's positive.

Okay haha, would you mind telling me why?  I'm just curious.

The premine was for giveaways and the Devs, 50/50. Don't mind the short, weird replis you get, there is a nice mix of kids and adults here as I've experienced.

But doesn't that inflate the currency? Pretty sure that's bad :^)
WutriCoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:38:10 PM

There needs to be a DigiByte forum setup. Important announcements like the android wallet or $500k investment opportunity gets lost in the many pages of this thread. Having a forum with designated threads for these announcement would be beneficial.

I agree. I'm setting up a forum for DigiByte (my little support to DGB). I will give full access to dev team, and we need to get some moderators who will fill the forum with initial information.

Forum will be online in a matter of hours. Will post information here
kalalar

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:39:13 PM

https://lh6.ggpht.com/bnk6-_FcqNgaJeONsfcIO1zforvjq8tYLoSLmxwDxgVLZUhEiOvwu4HSlLejFAiGwQU%3Dw300
Cute dog wants a little Digi  Cheesy

D84cTfPUvW3JANkxR2AhL6HX4g7pKJj84C
eboard10

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:41:34 PM

There needs to be a DigiByte forum setup. Important announcements like the android wallet or $500k investment opportunity gets lost in the many pages of this thread. Having a forum with designated threads for these announcement would be beneficial.

I agree. I'm setting up a forum for DigiByte (my little support to DGB). I will give full access to dev team, and we need to get some moderators who will fill the forum with initial information.

That's excellent news WutriCoin.W ill be glad to help as a moderator if need be.
Korzan757

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:41:45 PM

Been mining since launch. I would be willing to moderate if you could use the help. DGB all the way.
sakkosekk

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 08:45:06 PM

Hey sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a bit confused regarding Digibyte having a pre-mine, and announcing it as if it is a positive feature?  

Yes it's positive.

The premine was for giveaways and the Devs, 50/50. Don't mind the short, weird replis you get, there is a nice mix of kids and adults here as I've experienced.

I don't know about that, but the bad thing about premine is that people can claim it was premined to support the devs (get rich quick scheme). Without premine that issue is non-existent. As long as the Devs sit on premined coins there is no getting away from this. It happened with a lot of coins prior to the "crypto trend" we see today and I am sure it will happen again. That is why the common consensus was; "absolutely no premine under any circumstances". The days where people cared about premine is long gone though.

Before anyone hates me - the above is why people don't like premine, it is not my opinion.

This is my opinion; I do not think the premine will be an issue here, as everything is transparent. At least it hasn't been an issue so far. The Devs could sell it all as soon as the coin hits an exchange, but the Digi-team seems to be for real. It boils down to trust basically.
thrassos

Activity: 156

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 08:59:30 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2014, 07:23:50 PM by thrassos

Join our Digibyte Pool  @ https://www.cryptopoolmining.com/dgb/: 2-factor authentication - Stratum VARDIFF Servers in EU and US - Separate Servers for each role - No fee until Jan 22, 2014

Single Sign-On Pools: MONA, DGB, NUT, SLR, GLC, VGC, GDN and much more.
DGB Scrypt Pool - DGB Sha256d Pool - DGB Groestl Pool - DGB Skein Pool
Join us at: http://www.CryptoPoolMining.com/. Your crypto mining partner!
zaloultra

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:05:28 PM

Hey, mr Digiman - Dev. Would you like to do draw first prize in the first ever DigiByte DIGI-LOTTERY. That would help the lottery a lot. I could send you a list of the ticketbuyers and paymentaddress at the end and you could randomly pick first prize. If wou wont, I'll do it myself.

Lottery:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423204.0
dnaanders

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:06:11 PM

Yes it's positive.

Okay haha, would you mind telling me why?  I'm just curious.

Why don't you read the first post instead of asking stupid questions?

I read the first post, and I still don't understand.  Unless there's some sort of silver lining that I'm not getting, merely giving away a currency and then giving a large portion to your devs isn't a good thing.  That's not how value is properly allocated.  
Gingermod

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:07:17 PM

Yes it's positive.

I don't know about that, but the bad thing about premine is that people can claim it was premined to support the devs (get rich quick scheme). Without premine that issue is non-existent. As long as the Devs sit on premined coins there is no getting away from this. It happened with a lot of coins prior to the "crypto trend" we see today and I am sure it will happen again. That is why the common consensus was; "absolutely no premine under any circumstances". The days where people cared about premine is long gone though.

Before anyone hates me - the above is why people don't like premine, it is not my opinion.

This is my opinion; I do not think the premine will be an issue here, as everything is transparent. At least it hasn't been an issue so far. The Devs could sell it all as soon as the coin hits an exchange, but the Digi-team seems to be for real. It boils down to trust basically.

Yeah sounds good and all but if you understood basic economy you would know that pre-mine is literally printing free money. That causes the currency to lose value.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:07:47 PM

Hey, mr Digiman - Dev. Would you like to do draw first prize in the first ever DigiByte DIGI-LOTTERY. That would help the lottery a lot. I could send you a list of the ticketbuyers and paymentaddress at the end and you could randomly pick first prize. If wou wont, I'll do it myself.
Sure, we can do that!

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:10:42 PM

That's excellent news WutriCoin.W ill be glad to help as a moderator if need be.
Please go ahead and set one up, everyone is asking for it. We have one partially built, but have been working on other stuff. At the moment we are working on compiling the QR code support into the Windows Wallet. Linux version is done. We are also working on translating the windows wallet to Chinese.

nicksly

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:12:20 PM

Live from IRC #coinmarket :

[22:09] <@Inception> dada: wait for digibyte on coinmarket.io
[22:09] <@Inception> it may happen soon
martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:21:42 PM

Yes it's positive.

Yeah sounds good and all but if you understood basic economy you would know that pre-mine is literally printing free money. That causes the currency to lose value.
US government print money and the banks sell it with interest, when you do a giveaway your doing it good or bad and this case show all good and awesomeness of a professional development very transparent in all its curse!

Gingermod

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:24:58 PM

Yes it's positive.

US government print money and the banks sell it with interest, when you do a giveaway your doing it good or bad and this case show all good and awesomeness of a professional development very transparent in all its curse!

Right, I forgot a world currency functioned like a crypto-currency.
bman3

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:28:19 PM

Yes it's positive.

That argument holds no merit. The only reason a currency has any value at all is because people decide to give it value. The USD is printed by the FED, and the main supporters of the FED also hold the most amount of wealth in the United States. The main holders of USD are the bankers and financial institutes who trade Bank Bonds for printed/digital USD currency - both have no real value and are created out of thin air within the exchange. These same people also own corporations which siphon wealth at a steady rate from the poor and middle class, continually perpetuating the owner-slave mentality that has existed since the dawn of human civilization. This is why crypto-currency is so important, it can eliminate this.

But, what value does even a digital currency have if only the rich who can afford the expensive mining rigs hold the largest amounts of the currency. That is not improving the spread of distribution. DigiByte tried to spread the distribution around a bit more, by giving half of their small pre-mine away to individuals supporting their effort in various ways. No system will ever be perfect, but gradual improvements can lead to perfection sometime in the future.

sakkosekk

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:34:56 PM

Yes it's positive.

First off; Don't give me lip by assuming casually that I know nothing about economics. My education, credentials and work experience speaks otherwise. Sry for the outburst, but I am sick of snarky, arrogant comments like "if you understood basic economy..".

If "you knew anything" about markets & cryptos you would know the premine does not affect the value until/if it is dumped on the market Wink What causes a currency to lose value is printing units while it is in use, i.e. the monetary system(let's call it post-mine for clarification). You are talking about post-mine, which does not exist in this setting.

I don't like premine either, but things are the way they are. If I could choose, nothing would be premined. Sadly I don't run the world. And don't give me lip..
pmm123

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:40:56 PM

EXCHANGE IS NECESSARY!

||||||| ★ CATALONIACOIN |||||||

||||||| OFFICIAL THREAD★ |||||||
martins

Activity: 140

Residencial Castor Apart-Hotel

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2014, 09:41:59 PM

I think right here is where we draw the redline the "RICH" guys VETOing the coin to advance and get "value" becouse they want to monopolize the wealth even doing it at all cost if needs to kill they will do!

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: