Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058356 times)
grynca

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

Especially considering there are literally hundreds of altcoins now, some of which have fairly similar specs to DGB.  The one thing that sets Digibyte apart in my mind, and is what made me invest in it in the first place, is the dedication and apparent intelligence of the Dev team.  Most of these coins seem to be made by and for retards, with their only goal to succesfully pump and dump a premine.  Obviously this isn't the case with DGB, but we need more projects to help the coin gain visibility.

This is exactly the point that needs to be spread. What we can do as individual community members, is try to grow the community. Every person we bring in, every comment in this thread, every reddit subscriber, every merchant like martins that begins to accept DigiByte - this is how we grow the currency. And we achieve that by making it known that DigiByte at least deserves a look because it has a competent and professional development team, and no shenanigans are in place. The funny part is, the fact that the coin is nearing 2 months old and no one has been scammed and the dev is even more vocal then on Day 1 - I mean this is a damned special case! Most altcoins that don't perform well as trading fodder, those that don't explode in price are abandoned and dead within a couple weeks. This community does talk about price yes, but I think unlike most altcoins people are mostly concerned about the future and whether or not they should continue to mine/hold their DigiByte stash. Not everybody that is concerned with price is planning on dumping ASAP.

So - if we want to succeed we need to grow, there is no other way around it. We especially need more merchants like martins, and we only get them by casting out our nets. There needs to be a marketing push both by the community and devs for a weekend so we can make it known that DigiByte is not like the rest, and here's why. The main sticking point we face, I believe, is this nonsense about the premine. Now, I personally scratch my head when people say DigiByte had an unreasonably large premine - because I see 0.25% being held whereas tons of popular coins that are trending have had 1, 2, 3, even 5% or more premine with IPOs and all this other garbage. I really am confused on how DigiByte has gotten lumped into this bad "premine crowd". I think DigiByte has one of the more sensible and realistic uses of a relatively small premine. I do agree with some detractors that the initial giveaway phase wasn't handled the best it could be, and perhaps half of the premine could've been used better - but wow, what other coin has open discussion about such a thing? NONE! By then the dev has cut and run, because most premines ARE get-rich-quick for the devs. This clearly isn't, at the absolute worst you can criticize the devs for selfishly trying to secure an income off of DigiByte's success - but my god, who doesn't get paid for a job? And even further, in order to get a nice paycheck from his reserved funds, he's gonna have to work his absolute ass off for years.

The held premine is worthless if the coin doesn't succeed. Even if he wanted to dump now it's not that much money. Even if he dumps at 200 satoshi, which he won't - it's still considerably less than he could make in salary doing even freelance development. There is no window for this man to dump into life-changing money until the coin has succeeded enough that his dump would be a momentary hiccup in the market. There is a very important reality check here some vocal critics need to piece together. Why would Mr. Tate cash out after 3 or 4 months and take home at best a year's salary? If I were a dev this competent and now had this sort of crypto experience, if I was looking to get rich I would just launch another coin that was built to make me rich, and the community would eat it up for a week or two just like all the rest. The fact that Mr. Tate hasn't disappeared, is so vocal, has shown his actual face (or so we're lead to believe ;P) - how much more proof do you need that he isn't planning to screw everybody over? There are much better ways to scam BTC, and trust me, this man has the skillset if he was so inclined. DigiByte just isn't a good get-rich candidate for this dev, plain and simple. Even the most stringent of skeptics should be able to settle on this conclusion. If Mr. Tate wanted to scam, he could. Instead, he's hoping to be rewarded for a lot of hard work. I personally am ok with this.

We have to find some way to settle this premine bullshit once and for all when it comes to DigiByte, because it does not belong in the same grouping as other premine coins. Premine isn't inherently bad, and I think aside from some minor criticisms about the initial giveaways, this is one of the shining examples of exactly how to do a premine correctly and to the benefit of the community and currency. How do we overcome this stigma? We need to figure out a way to address these criticisms once and for all, and we need to then push that message outward beyond our usual hideouts. We need to show people why DigiByte deserves some attention. We have a great name, great branding/logo, a transparent dev we know by name, the most evolved anti-multipool code in the altcoin market, and a wildly active and positive community. If we can push this message with competent answers to some of the popular criticisms, I believe DigiByte can see some nice growth very soon. But it depends on us to spread the word.

I personally would be happy to devote some time to joining an official PR push run by some of DGB team, if creativecuriosity would like to do something like this.

Very inspirational an indepth analysis.
I am also willing to join the collective organized effort.
HollowStorm

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:56:06 PM

That's a troll Post!

Speaking of which... I've been a troll too lately, And I've been doing my share of feeding some trolls..

Check out this POLL:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=492354.0

Caution: Do NOT Vote for DIGIBYTE, there! Tongue

Although Zero Votes in a POLL like this would be ideal,
A few votes would mean that the coin (that is voted for) is relatively KNOWN.
Cheesy
HollowStorm

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:57:53 PM

Grin Grin Grin

Damn Son. You did us proud! Grin
torchwood-uk

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:58:04 PM

What's the difference between me selling 500,000 at 130 and 25 sellers selling 20,000 at 130? we need a healthy market with buys/sells or the coin doesn't have a future. If people are buying and i can make a profit then I'm selling like 99% of all miners.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:00:18 PM

Especially considering there are literally hundreds of altcoins now, some of which have fairly similar specs to DGB.  The one thing that sets Digibyte apart in my mind, and is what made me invest in it in the first place, is the dedication and apparent intelligence of the Dev team.  Most of these coins seem to be made by and for retards, with their only goal to succesfully pump and dump a premine.  Obviously this isn't the case with DGB, but we need more projects to help the coin gain visibility.

This is exactly the point that needs to be spread. What we can do as individual community members, is try to grow the community. Every person we bring in, every comment in this thread, every reddit subscriber, every merchant like martins that begins to accept DigiByte - this is how we grow the currency. And we achieve that by making it known that DigiByte at least deserves a look because it has a competent and professional development team, and no shenanigans are in place. The funny part is, the fact that the coin is nearing 2 months old and no one has been scammed and the dev is even more vocal then on Day 1 - I mean this is a damned special case! Most altcoins that don't perform well as trading fodder, those that don't explode in price are abandoned and dead within a couple weeks. This community does talk about price yes, but I think unlike most altcoins people are mostly concerned about the future and whether or not they should continue to mine/hold their DigiByte stash. Not everybody that is concerned with price is planning on dumping ASAP.

So - if we want to succeed we need to grow, there is no other way around it. We especially need more merchants like martins, and we only get them by casting out our nets. There needs to be a marketing push both by the community and devs for a weekend so we can make it known that DigiByte is not like the rest, and here's why. The main sticking point we face, I believe, is this nonsense about the premine. Now, I personally scratch my head when people say DigiByte had an unreasonably large premine - because I see 0.25% being held whereas tons of popular coins that are trending have had 1, 2, 3, even 5% or more premine with IPOs and all this other garbage. I really am confused on how DigiByte has gotten lumped into this bad "premine crowd". I think DigiByte has one of the more sensible and realistic uses of a relatively small premine. I do agree with some detractors that the initial giveaway phase wasn't handled the best it could be, and perhaps half of the premine could've been used better - but wow, what other coin has open discussion about such a thing? NONE! By then the dev has cut and run, because most premines ARE get-rich-quick for the devs. This clearly isn't, at the absolute worst you can criticize the devs for selfishly trying to secure an income off of DigiByte's success - but my god, who doesn't get paid for a job? And even further, in order to get a nice paycheck from his reserved funds, he's gonna have to work his absolute ass off for years.

The held premine is worthless if the coin doesn't succeed. Even if he wanted to dump now it's not that much money. Even if he dumps at 200 satoshi, which he won't - it's still considerably less than he could make in salary doing even freelance development. There is no window for this man to dump into life-changing money until the coin has succeeded enough that his dump would be a momentary hiccup in the market. There is a very important reality check here some vocal critics need to piece together. Why would Mr. Tate cash out after 3 or 4 months and take home at best a year's salary? If I were a dev this competent and now had this sort of crypto experience, if I was looking to get rich I would just launch another coin that was built to make me rich, and the community would eat it up for a week or two just like all the rest. The fact that Mr. Tate hasn't disappeared, is so vocal, has shown his actual face (or so we're lead to believe ;P) - how much more proof do you need that he isn't planning to screw everybody over? There are much better ways to scam BTC, and trust me, this man has the skillset if he was so inclined. DigiByte just isn't a good get-rich candidate for this dev, plain and simple. Even the most stringent of skeptics should be able to settle on this conclusion. If Mr. Tate wanted to scam, he could. Instead, he's hoping to be rewarded for a lot of hard work. I personally am ok with this.

We have to find some way to settle this premine bullshit once and for all when it comes to DigiByte, because it does not belong in the same grouping as other premine coins. Premine isn't inherently bad, and I think aside from some minor criticisms about the initial giveaways, this is one of the shining examples of exactly how to do a premine correctly and to the benefit of the community and currency. How do we overcome this stigma? We need to figure out a way to address these criticisms once and for all, and we need to then push that message outward beyond our usual hideouts. We need to show people why DigiByte deserves some attention. We have a great name, great branding/logo, a transparent dev we know by name, the most evolved anti-multipool code in the altcoin market, and a wildly active and positive community. If we can push this message with competent answers to some of the popular criticisms, I believe DigiByte can see some nice growth very soon. But it depends on us to spread the word.

I personally would be happy to devote some time to joining an official PR push run by some of DGB team, if creativecuriosity would like to do something like this.

Love it!  The community is really strong, and lets keep generating more ideas.  No limit to what this coin can do.

HollowStorm

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:08:45 PM

TL;DR: DigiByte ftw! To the DigiMoon! Grin

I think the best way to tackle the Premine would be to redefine it as part of the DigiByte Foundation, which as i understand, can ABSOLUTELY be Founded and LED by TATE! I remember suggesting this WAY way Way in the beginning. Back when i was working on this project: http://www.kiva.org/team/digibyte_foundation

Its ever too late.. Lets get the Premine remarketed as an established Foundation Fund! And lets all donate to the DigiByteFoundation.... No.No.No.. not my kiva project (thats just an instance). TO the http://digibyte.co/digibyte-foundation

Oh Boy! I wish i could give you some REDDIT GOLD for that post.!

kaas

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:15:01 PM

Thanks!!! I also made a little teaser for Digibyte!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E170kvY6CWs

When i have the time i will try to develop a long promo video for Digibyte, which is still one of the goals of the development team.
HollowStorm

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:20:34 PM

Thanks!!! I also made a little teaser for Digibyte!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E170kvY6CWs

When i have the time i will try to develop a long promo video for Digibyte, which is still one of the goals of the development team.

Man! This Community will never cease to Amaze me  Cry

To DigiByte I Solemnly swear, my allegiance and my trust.
Take it to the Moon, shall we. For We are the ones to Maketh. (or breaketh)
torchwood-uk

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:44:06 PM

187 blocks to go  Smiley
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

We are getting closer!  Smiley

HollowStorm

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:53:53 PM

We're all on the Digi-Fork Express!

DigiByte v2.0, Here we Come!
,./,./

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:55:09 PM

187 blocks to go  Smiley

where can I see that?
torchwood-uk

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:56:12 PM

187 blocks to go  Smiley

where can I see that?

http://altexplorer.net/chain/DigiByte
Ice_Blade

Activity: 68

IRC: Ice_Blade@freenode.net

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:05:13 PM

or use the "!blocks" command in the IRC channel.
,./,./

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:00:20 PM

and than?
MMos

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:11:38 PM

Especially considering there are literally hundreds of altcoins now, some of which have fairly similar specs to DGB.  The one thing that sets Digibyte apart in my mind, and is what made me invest in it in the first place, is the dedication and apparent intelligence of the Dev team.  Most of these coins seem to be made by and for retards, with their only goal to succesfully pump and dump a premine.  Obviously this isn't the case with DGB, but we need more projects to help the coin gain visibility.

Love it!  The community is really strong, and lets keep generating more ideas.  No limit to what this coin can do.

+1

Also, why don't we as a community agree upon a cause for us to start a donation for? The dev can hold the wallet for donations and once we meet the goal of XXX DGB, we can donate that to the cause we agreed upon from the start!

I think this will definitely gain attention!

torchwood-uk

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:18:23 PM

Not long now, wonder if devs are nervous, this ever gone drastically wrong?
,./,./

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:32:36 PM

see my trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTrb4gTPmvI
creativecuriosity

Activity: 182

DGB.Get-By.com Admin

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 09:34:15 PM

Especially considering there are literally hundreds of altcoins now, some of which have fairly similar specs to DGB.  The one thing that sets Digibyte apart in my mind, and is what made me invest in it in the first place, is the dedication and apparent intelligence of the Dev team.  Most of these coins seem to be made by and for retards, with their only goal to succesfully pump and dump a premine.  Obviously this isn't the case with DGB, but we need more projects to help the coin gain visibility.
+1
Also, why don't we as a community agree upon a cause for us to start a donation for? The dev can hold the wallet for donations and once we meet the goal of XXX DGB, we can donate that to the cause we agreed upon from the start!

A well spoken argument.  
We won't count how many times I have "bump"d this thread to the top of the sub-forum Smiley
Of coarse, I agree Smiley

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:02:44 PM

+1

A well spoken argument.  
We won't count how many times I have "bump"d this thread to the top of the sub-forum Smiley
Of coarse, I agree Smiley
+1
Thank you very much for this well thought out and written post! As stated many times before, we are in this for the long haul!

Pages: « 1 ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: