Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3058329 times)
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:38:14 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 03:54:38 PM by marada

Qubit is paying about the same with Groestl right now following my previous days numbers on various pools. Don't think that switching is going to have any major effect on your profits.

Are you sure?
Groestl diff is a way higher than qubit now and the total hashrates too (949 vs. 37)
Hashrates for the specific hardware are similar.
Could you provide some data for a comparison?

EDIT:
according to http://myriad.theblockexplorer.com/help.php
groesl hashrate for 7950 is 11.05 Mh/s
qubit hashrate is 4,6 Mh/s
maybe not very similar, it is actually 2,4:1, but the diff seems to be 25:1
tarzanbigcity

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

I used 4 identical rigs on 4 different pools over the period of 24 hrs. 2 Qubit pools and 2 Groestl pools. The 2 Qubit pools only marginally fared better than the Groestl pool by about 5000-10000 DGB. Which is well within the variation.  On any other given day the results may have been flipped depending on network hashrate and current difficulty.  Close enough to be content with either decision.
ReSl

Activity: 254

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:00:53 PM

I using both algos at the moment. Grin
Mining DGB with minerd on CPU @ Serverfarm and with grs-sgminer @ GPU Mining Rig. Profit till now, ok.
P.S my Qubit results..look screen... CPU is a dellided overclocked Core I7 4770K@ 4,5 GHz and GPU is a Radeon R9 290 OC TriXXX @ 1107,1440
On Server CPUs you will get around 600 Khash/s depends how much Cores....

What do you think about this? https://hardwarewallet.com/index.html Looks very nice. I will order 2 and try out the altcoin support:

Bitcoin based crypto currencies are supported by default - just specify your target mainnet or testnet version when setting up HW-1, and addresses will be generated and checked against those domains.
Different form factors and graphical personalizations are available - choose the one that suits you best

MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:41:50 PM

P.S my Qubit results..look screen..
Is that Vista?
bogglor

Activity: 266

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:45:55 PM

This has actually highlighted something that I have occasionally wondered but never got around to asking. As block rewards drop lower and lower, and indeed approach zero...  who is going to bother mining? Without miners, who then verifies transactions? Perhaps at that point the distributed infrastructure exists simply to support the payment network? But... who owns it? Makes you wonder if at that point we come full circle with centralised control once again?

Isn't that where difficulty factors in? If enough people quit mining the difficulty should fall so low that eventually it would become profitable again.

Technology is going to improve also, mining should continue to get faster/cheaper.

And while I'm thinking about difficulty - has it been determined that this is the problem with why no Scrypt blocks are being found? If this is the case, maybe in the future if enhancements are made (and it's possible to do) some sort of difficulty check could be added so that if a specific algorithm doesn't have a block found after say, 100 blocks (about an hour), that the difficulty of that specific algorithm could be adjusted down by a small percentage every 100 blocks until one is found?

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
I have the DGB Gaming Wallet on my Galaxy S6
ReSl

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

P.S my Qubit results..look screen..
Is that Vista?
nope, no win7x64  Grin
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:16:32 PM

Phew! Every time I see the transparent borders it scares the crap out of me! Tongue

Are you aware you should be using a new miner targeted specifically for Win7 Qubit users? Hit github. New GCN-specific kernels.
ReSl

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:22:04 PM

Phew! Every time I see the transparent borders it scares the crap out of me! Tongue

Are you aware you should be using a new miner targeted specifically for Win7 Qubit users? Hit github. New GCN-specific kernels.

Will try this out. Thx.
tdcooper99

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:01:56 PM

Isn't that where difficulty factors in? If enough people quit mining the difficulty should fall so low that eventually it would become profitable again.

Technology is going to improve also, mining should continue to get faster/cheaper.

No, not really. What I'm saying is that with everything working as it should...  difficulty doing it's thing to regulate block discovery times, and the design of DGB being such that the block rewards reduce over time...  there comes a time in the not too distant future where block reward drops to less than 1000 (around 5.5 years out) and then at around 10 years out it's approaching 100 DGB/block. Point is...  the currency is only useful if it can be used...  and it can only be used if there are miners to verify transactions...maintain the blockchain....  therefore without miners... well...  you see where I'm going with this.

It's not just a DGB question...  any long term coin that has the potential to survive...  what happens if nobody bothers to mine anymore?

tdcooper99

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:09:55 PM

What do you think about this? https://hardwarewallet.com/index.html Looks very nice. I will order 2 and try out the altcoin support:

It looks interesting...  and will look forward to your review. But honestly I am more interested in a working paper wallet at this point. It's practically free, you can make as many copies as you want (to store in multiple locations) & you can split your digital wallet up into reasonable chunks to spread your eggs out into multiple baskets for ease of spend/re-import later. I already have my digital wallets backed up every which way I can including on USB sticks and on encrypted cloud storage, so I don't need another digital means of doing this. Sometimes I just want to go old-fashioned and stick a piece of paper in a safe! Not fool-proof...  but definitely unhackable by most!

Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:10:23 PM

So many good things going on right now.  Surprised people are selling so low.

I think this is it. It went to 90, now 60~75. This is the real value of DGB.

If only we knew.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 09:36:14 PM

Digibyte 16 sat.
Wow, i in person really don´t mind at all.

Digibyte is now giving us and the investors time to buy at some REALLY low prices.

Miners please keep autodumping youre Digibytes, Thank you.

Wait and see what update Digibyte team is coming with after the trip to japan&china,easy to get the price  x2   x3  x4.............

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
bogglor

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:36:50 PM

No, not really. What I'm saying is that with everything working as it should...  difficulty doing it's thing to regulate block discovery times, and the design of DGB being such that the block rewards reduce over time...  there comes a time in the not too distant future where block reward drops to less than 1000 (around 5.5 years out) and then at around 10 years out it's approaching 100 DGB/block. Point is...  the currency is only useful if it can be used...  and it can only be used if there are miners to verify transactions...maintain the blockchain....  therefore without miners... well...  you see where I'm going with this.

It's not just a DGB question...  any long term coin that has the potential to survive...  what happens if nobody bothers to mine anymore?

I see what you mean, I've actually wondered about that too (why mine when it approaches 0). But if the currency increases in value, it might be worth it to still mine with the decreasing block rewards (taking technology into account) even when the reward drops to 100, or 10, or maybe even 1 (or less), especially if it ever reaches the $1 per DGB value. (those are big IFs though...)

Assuming 3.5 days per block payout reduction, here's approximately when DGB would drop below certain block rewards (a little over 4 years for a factor of 10):
1000 July 2018
100 December 2022
10 May 2027
1 October 2031
0.1 March 2036
0.01 July 2040

I'm sure the problem will be addressed if/when it ever gets to that point...

My current miner setup: Linux - Ubuntu 12.04, Two 1.3Mh/s Scrypt ASICs, Two Radeon HD 7850 GPU mining different algos (usually qubit or skein).
Click here for my DGB Address QR code.   DGB Address: D6ZLjbSWu2mse3EqtoSn93nFrJ85wPKBF5
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:40:01 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 09:58:24 PM by HR

HR,

Thanks for sharing this. This puts a very unique perspective on things. As stated many times before, we are in this for the long haul! Smiley

Absolutely. Without a long term vision, the short termers will drag you down to the point where instead of slowly accumulating a long term investment, you sell what little you mine at a loss!

Glad you liked it!

Thank you HR it looks really promising.
Already seeing myself on the Bahama beaches with millions of Digibyte's to spend Cheesy

What date exactly Digibyte turns 1 year?
Might want to organize something to get some more and more attention?

I'll be there to pay you a visit from time to time!

In the meantime, we've got a first birthday party to plan for January 10!

And you're right about organizing something to increase visibility. This should be our number one objective right now. DGB is back on the map and being mined like crazy! This is the time! We're back on track and still in the "early adopter" phase (that should last long enough to really take DGB mainstream).

You know, when I look around, I don't see any crypto that's even close to DigiByte’s professional and proven Dev team, long term business plan and global vision, and algo change and mining production that’s literally rocking along – nobody’s even close to being positioned to develop a wide scale user base like DigiByte is. It’s not even close if you ask me.

Start point data was based on money supply and block reward as of today,
and the projections are based on the 0.5% block reward reduction every 10,080 blocks
and the assumption that the smoothed, long term block discovery rate equals current rates.

This has actually highlighted something that I have occasionally wondered but never got around to asking. As block rewards drop lower and lower, and indeed approach zero...  who is going to bother mining? Without miners, who then verifies transactions? Perhaps at that point the distributed infrastructure exists simply to support the payment network? But... who owns it? Makes you wonder if at that point we come full circle with centralised control once again?

I took a closer look at the long term, and at current rates of production (a realistic projection), some 22 years from now, around 2036, block rewards will finally make it to 1 DGB. Who knows how much a loaf of bread will cost by then, but if we were to say for argument's sake that it costs the same, and if BTC were still only worth $500, and DGB only made it to the 1000:1 mark at 50¢, that would still translate into a whopping $1,440.00 a day, and with current diffs, would still be very profitable (hey, if a loaf of bread costs the same, then so would electricity, right?  Wink ). Being more realistic, we should throw in some sort of inflation into the mix, but it would be the same for all components, more or less, correct? The point is that as the block reward falls, the price will rise . . . unless we're talking about a dying (or already dead) coin, which DGB certainly is not. I put in a green area on that chart where I think it's highly likely to be one of the "kings of the hill", but that green area could extend forever - theoretically, block reward never gets to zero (and if and when it might be necessary, years and years from now, we could always to a switch to POW/PoS . . .). There are transaction fees to keep in mind as well.

To be sure, I think this thing's as solid as it gets, and to worry about the short term only diverts our attention away from what we should really be concentrating on, which is aggressively bringing new early adopters on board. We've got a couple of years to create a user base equaled by none, and I dare say that at this time we have ZERO competition and it's ours for the doing.

Does the current dependency on BTC prices have any impact on this chart? For example, you may be attaining double the value if you purchase DGB at 15 satoshi and BTC is at $470 and it rises to 20 satoshi and BTC is at $550.

Just curious.

YC

None what-so-ever YC. It's only about block reward and money supply, and some personal, well informed (if I don't say so myself) observations.

Price is completely independent. It could go up, network hashrate and diff could go up too, let's say to a million miners just to be gregarious, and the blocks discovered and DGB mined would be the same. What could cause a million miners to get on DGB? An incredibly rising price, of course, but that's something I don't predict in the short term by any means, and a subject for another day, which I do expect to address as soon as I have the time to properly do so. Smiley

BOTTOM LINE: DGB is back on track and ticking like a fine tuned watch.
It's time to get the word out, and people will thank you for doing so.

We're working with a long term winner that's still in the early adoption phase
(and will continue to be for enough time for more than we'd ever imagined to get on board).

Oh, and while it's cheaper to just buy DGB with fiat, why bother renting hash (or investing in hardware)? But that's for another day too.

bogglor

DigiByte? Yes!

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 09:40:33 PM

Digibyte 16 sat.
Wow, i in person really don´t mind at all.

Digibyte is now giving us and the investors time to buy at some REALLY low prices.

Miners please keep autodumping youre Digibytes, Thank you.

Wait and see what update Digibyte team is coming with after the trip to japan&china,easy to get the price  x2   x3  x4.............

I just wish I could magically convert some cash into DGBs. Everything I have now is from my early days of mining LTC and then other altcoins, and converted to BTC with which I've bought DGB.

I will admit that it has been a little painful to see my Cryptsy Portfolio value cut in half over the past couple weeks because of the DGB drop Sad

24hralttrade

Activity: 756

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 09:58:05 PM

HR, thank you for the information you are providing us.

I like the way you are investing in Digibyte.   Youre visions and thoughts.
I take my hat off to you.

Digibyte is creating some real momentum right now!

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
flound1129

Activity: 938

www.multipool.us

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:15:37 AM

Can the 3.0.1 changes please be uploaded into Github and tagged?  I do not like using precompiled binaries.

Thanks.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:19:06 AM

Hats off to HR. I believe that the adoption phase and some of the analysis you provided will not be as long out if there is more marketing and real life adoption. It will accelerate and pricing will rise accordingly. Lot to observe and see. I do believe it is the best alt coin out there.

YC

HR, thank you for the information you are providing us.

I like the way you are investing in Digibyte.   Youre visions and thoughts.
I take my hat off to you.

Digibyte is creating some real momentum right now!

ycagel

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 04:07:05 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 10:55:03 AM by ycagel

Nice to see DGB on the list:

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/

Auroracoin
Bitcoindark
Blackcoin
Cloak
Cryptcoin
Crypti
Darkcoin
Digibyte
Dogecoin
Einsteinium
Faircoin
Feathercoin
Fluttercoin
GreenBacks
IOCoin
Jackpotcoin
Karmacoin
Librexcoin
Litecoin
Maxcoin
Mazacoin
Mintcoin
Monacoin
Monero
Myriadcoin
Nautiluscoin
NXT
Pandacoin
Peercoin
Pinkcoin
Quark
Razorcoin
Reddcoin
Shadowcoin
Supercoin
Sync
Syscoin
Vericoin
Vertcoin
Viacoin
XCurrency
Zetacoin

YC
tyson187

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

Nice to see DGB on the list:

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/09/01/mintpal-v2-tentative-market-listing/

Auroracoin
Bitcoindark
Blackcoin
Cloak
Cryptcoin
Crypti
Darkcoin
Digibyte
Dogecoin
Einsteinium
Faircoin
Feathercoin
Fluttercoin
GreenBacks
IOCoin
Jackpotcoin
Karmacoin
Librexcoin
Litecoin
Maxcoin
Mazacoin
Mintcoin
Monacoin
Monero
Myriadcoin
Nautiluscoin
NXT
Pandacoin
Peercoin
Pinkcoin
Quark
Razorcoin
Reddcoin
Shadowcoin
Supercoin
Sync
Syscoin
Vericoin
Vertcoin
Viacoin
XCurrency
Zetacoin

you forgot to add YC at the end of your post   Tongue
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: