Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:31:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
Kayahoga

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:40:19 PM

I think this is still a great place to be and discuss things, I just think that perhaps we could take some highlights from here and get them posted on Reddit to spur on discussion. 

For instance, describing some of the conferences that Jared and his team are able to attend and then a recap of some of the connections and what they learned from the conference.  This will help show what the devs are doing to help promote DGB and the outside community can see where DGB is going and where its headed. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:42:25 PM

I would love to see if we could start getting the Reddit community more involved with Digibyte, so many coins use reddit for tipping / awareness / information and I fee like it would really help our presence if we were able to have most posts on there!

At least for me, that's how I got involved in the Crypto world, I hope we can bring others into DGB through our Reddit presence. 

reddit, facebook and twitter can be really useful if you find a way to make those 3 more active. Not everyone is on BTCtalk, so we need to post more things on the reddit page
sgi02

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:07:21 PM

It appears that The Blocksfactory SHA256 pool is now completely gone. Any word on whats happening over there?
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:09:06 PM

hi  anyone know what happened to theblocksfactory pool?  thank you
gooldbitx103

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:33:03 PM

hi  anyone know what happened to theblocksfactory pool?  thank you

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=221020.msg8976343#msg8976343

http://dgbsupport.digiassetx.com/
https://dgbwiki.com/
suchPotato

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

Alot of cryptodudes use BTCtalk.

Maybe Reddit is good,

BTCtalk is still a good place to be and talk.

Specially when you're talking about our precious DGB Smiley

Discussing here is much like keeping it private. The bitcointalk thread is very little telling about the activity of a coin. Go to the reddit and, d'oh, there's 1 comment a week? this coin is dead! Who do you think is going to check here and there for all threads talking about DGB? For a newcomer dgb looks like an empty shell, and they turn away.

If we do stuff on reddit, and involve the shibes too, you'll see the community grow for real. Staying here won't bring us anywhere. there's like 3 people (me included) active on dgb reddit. It looks like there's only a dozen digibyte cultists, while it's not so (heck, we're about as popular as dogecoin  on facebook), at the same time most coins try to make it look like they have a bigger reddit community than they do.

Reddit is THE coin spread medium, besides direct buisness interaction. I believe digi has a bright future as the "serious", more buisness oriented brother of dogecoin, but only if the community opens itself up a bit!

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:46:57 PM

Alot of cryptodudes use BTCtalk.

Maybe Reddit is good,

BTCtalk is still a good place to be and talk.

Specially when you're talking about our precious DGB Smiley

Discussing here is much like keeping it private. The bitcointalk thread is very little telling about the activity of a coin. Go to the reddit and, d'oh, there's 1 comment a week? this coin is dead! Who do you think is going to check here and there for all threads talking about DGB? For a newcomer dgb looks like an empty shell, and they turn away.

If we do stuff on reddit, and involve the shibes too, you'll see the community grow for real. Staying here won't bring us anywhere. there's like 3 people (me included) active on dgb reddit. It looks like there's only a dozen digibyte cultists, while it's not so (heck, we're about as popular as dogecoin  on facebook), at the same time most coins try to make it look like they have a bigger reddit community than they do.

Reddit is THE coin spread medium, besides direct buisness interaction. I believe digi has a bright future as the "serious", more buisness oriented brother of dogecoin, but only if the community opens itself up a bit!

Approved, if we want this community to grow, we need an active reddit. Best place to talk about anything (look at doge). It keeps the community alive.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 09:17:08 PM

For as much disdain as I have for reddit (I think it's juvenile, but I must admit that from what I've seen others say in recent months, and from the little I've actually read over there, I think it is improving) and for as much respect as I have for BitCoinTalk, I've got to recognize that, on balance, it's probably not a bad idea to get something going over there (and hopefully we can help reddit to mature by keeping our standards over there just as high as they are here).

Good idea, but (and at the risk of being repetitive) I think we should make an effort to stay away from gimmicks.

suchPotato

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 10:06:31 PM

Hmm, which gimmics? Besides the robot logo of digibyte isn't too old fashoned either  Grin

I like reddit, I found out about it trough dogecoin actually, it's cool how you don't have tons of javascript around and useless dynamic content likke in facebook or twitter. But if you don't like it I guess there's nothing to do about it  Smiley

Would you participate in the doge-digibyte cross-giveaway anyways? ( http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2hgqv8/idea_dogedigi_crossgiveaway/ if someone missed it)

I do think digibyte has a bigger chanche than doge at merketing itself to buisnesses, but if there's no community why should somebody go trough the trouble of accepting it?

SRBOOTH

Activity: 309

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 10:07:40 PM

Running short on pools....anyone have one even if its private...prefferably P2 in USA somewhere?
sleblanc1469

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:17:09 AM

Hi Im Trying to transfer some coins and i keep getting a error "the transaction was rejected"  anyone seen this before
Kayahoga

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:16:59 AM

Running short on pools....anyone have one even if its private...preferably P2 in USA somewhere?

Check on BirdonWheels5's P2pools.  You can find more information out by going to http://birdonwheels5.no-ip.org/home/NodeList.html

I believe the nodes are based out of the Boston, MA area in the US.

ddic

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:00:54 AM

Buying and selling is impossible at Bittrex for over a week now... bad thing for DGB
Scyntech

Activity: 349

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:22:36 AM

I reckon that's it for my DGB mining. I kept my 35-40Gh/s on the pool for a while, but now I'm not really pulling anything in.  Undecided I fare better mining BTC

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:09:56 AM

Buying and selling is impossible at Bittrex for over a week now... bad thing for DGB
Trading is still possible. We ourselves have traded a bit on there the past couple days.

We are still working on diagnosing exactly what the issue is with the BitTrex wallet. They are the only exchange that seems to be experiencing this issue.

DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 05:10:25 AM

Hi Im Trying to transfer some coins and i keep getting a error "the transaction was rejected"  anyone seen this before
Are you still experiencing this issue?

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 08:39:55 AM

Hmm, which gimmics? Besides the robot logo of digibyte isn't too old fashoned either  Grin

I like reddit, I found out about it trough dogecoin actually, it's cool how you don't have tons of javascript around and useless dynamic content likke in facebook or twitter. But if you don't like it I guess there's nothing to do about it  Smiley

Would you participate in the doge-digibyte cross-giveaway anyways? ( http://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/2hgqv8/idea_dogedigi_crossgiveaway/ if someone missed it)

I do think digibyte has a bigger chanche than doge at merketing itself to buisnesses, but if there's no community why should somebody go trough the trouble of accepting it?

How much DGB do we need?  and because it's a cross give away how much doge?  I have some reserved DGB for give aways etc. And will buy some doge to support.
Maybe we should start advertising on Facebook&twitter  about the give away? 

@Digibyte, Is there any update we could expect in a few days so we could use the give away to get more attention?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
suchPotato

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 09:37:29 AM

How much DGB do we need?  and because it's a cross give away how much doge?  I have some reserved DGB for give aways etc. And will buy some doge to support.

@Digibyte, Is there any update we could expect in a few days so we could use the give away to get more attention?

I myself am willing to put some 5-10k doge and 10-20k digibyte for a start. Of course I can go further than that, but my objective is that we give a small tip (50 doge, 100 digi) to at least the first 100-200 people.
Most giveaways on dogecoin subreddit give somewhere between 10 and 100 doge so I suppose it's a decent amount.

If you add a similar amount it'd be great to have two (or more) tippers, it sure helps lighting things up! But I'm not sure we should try  to hand out a really large amount, giveaways are about being nice, not "buying" people (ok we're still talking cents but tips always look bigger than they are Tongue).

Digibyte is already popular among shibes and they love giveaways, so IMO to publicize the giveaway for them is probably an overkill (I'm sure they'll come here in the hundreds). It's not an overkill to look for digibyte fellows, though, because we are lacking here Sad I mean having a dozen digibyters and a hundred shibes coming to say hello if fine, but if we're 3 it's a bit of a letdown!

Well let's do this, I'll make another post on the subreddit, outlining my own "plan" a bit better, and asking when how and if you (I mean any digibyte fellow) wish to contribute. You can answer here too but it makes things a bit messier, if you can drop on the reddit post it'd be nicer, I'm not sure who's who as I suppose some of you here posted on reddit too, with a different nickname. I suppose many of you are a bit perplex about my idea I hope some more details will clarify things (ofc everything is up for discussion!).

PS: I noticed there's a tad more activity now on the subreddit, which makes me happy Cheesy

oh BTW I'm assuming @DigiByte dev's quite busy these days, but there's an unaddressed pull request here https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/pull/15 (it's not mine and I didn't test it, just pointing it out)

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 09:56:11 AM

I myself am willing to put some 5-10k doge and 10-20k digibyte for a start. Of course I can go further than that, but my objective is that we give a small tip (50 doge, 100 digi) to at least the first 100-200 people.
Most giveaways on dogecoin subreddit give somewhere between 10 and 100 doge so I suppose it's a decent amount.

If you add a similar amount it'd be great to have two (or more) tippers, it sure helps lighting things up! But I'm not sure we should try  to hand out a really large amount, giveaways are about being nice, not "buying" people (ok we're still talking cents but tips always look bigger than they are Tongue).

Digibyte is already popular among shibes and they love giveaways, so IMO to publicize the giveaway for them is probably an overkill (I'm sure they'll come here in the hundreds). It's not an overkill to look for digibyte fellows, though, because we are lacking here Sad I mean having a dozen digibyters and a hundred shibes coming to say hello if fine, but if we're 3 it's a bit of a letdown!

Well let's do this, I'll make another post on the subreddit, outlining my own "plan" a bit better, and asking when how and if you (I mean any digibyte fellow) wish to contribute. You can answer here too but it makes things a bit messier, if you can drop on the reddit post it'd be nicer, I'm not sure who's who as I suppose some of you here posted on reddit too, with a different nickname. I suppose many of you are a bit perplex about my idea I hope some more details will clarify things (ofc everything is up for discussion!).

PS: I noticed there's a tad more activity now on the subreddit, which makes me happy Cheesy

oh BTW I'm assuming @DigiByte dev's quite busy these days, but there's an unaddressed pull request here https://github.com/digibyte/DigiByteProject/pull/15 (it's not mine and I didn't test it, just pointing it out)

Willing to donate 15k dgb & 5 k doge, already bought them.
Have the same account name on reddit.

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 10:19:15 AM

This is awesome to see the community rallying together! We are working hard on numerous things as we speak. We definitely would contribute some DGB toward a giveaway!

Thanks for pointing out the merge request! We are doing some analysis on the code base to see how we can improve it & fix some of the issues we are seeing. It is much better to package several updates in a new wallet release than to release several wallet updates back to back.

We are currently working to bring on new members to the core DigiByte & DigiPay team & getting them up to speed (they are from outside the crypto world). We have an exchange in alpha right now and we have several other very exciting things we will be announcing in the coming weeks. We are working on getting the Android, IOS & Electrum wallets finished as well as stamping out the BitTrex issue, the RPC sendtomany problem and the coin maturity issue (all related).

We want to begin building momentum! Lets keep the awesome conversations we have been seeing about various topics going! You guys rock!

Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: