Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:16:13 PM

Hoping whoever is doing the daily dump will soon find another coin to go and annoy Roll Eyes

As long as DGB is at the top of the most profitable coins to mine at current prices, that's going to be a while. http://www.whattomine.com

The dumper's pool hashrate has fallen by more than 90% (if you exclude the one miner whose hashrate oscillates between 1,2 - 2 GH/s - myriad-groestl adjusted equivalent numbers), so that's good, but it's still just over a half a million DGB a day (including that previously excluded mega-miner).

So the selling pressure will remain until:

1) we address that issue directly
2) price falls even more
3) diff rises substantially due to a substantial increase in network hashrate

The 3rd option could probably be achieved by publicizing DGB's profitability on other threads here on BitCoinTalk. Of course, all of our mining proceeds would fall as a result, and the cheap prices would probably end as well. Thoughts on this strategy? It would also be a start towards building a bigger and better community . . .

scrxxx had some profits and bought miners.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699064.msg8857518#msg8857518

So maybe he is almost alone mining on his pool?   Tongue

That would help his ASIC mining, but wouldn't be able to mine on his groestl pool.

But I would bet that he's got a very sizeable GPU farm as well, and that's probably all on the groestl pool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:22:54 PM

It would also be a start towards building a bigger and better community . . .[/i]

That's it. We need to work on this.
More talking about Digibyte, more pictures of Digiboy, it will eventually lead DGB to be even more crypto-famous.
Grab people interest on DGB first, then they'll go naturally look on what it have to offer behind it's name.

Here's how I see the publicizing might go:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news for miners who are looking for both short term and long term results.

DigiByte is back in the saddle again after having made the change over to multi-algo mining.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.msg4424910#msg4424910

Digibyte is now a multi-algo cryptocurrency and is currently one of the most profitable coins to mine. http://www.whattomine.com/

Please refer to the OP for the complete list of mining pools for the various algorithms, and let us know you're around by posting on the thread where you're sure to receive a hearty welcome.

(Be advised that unfortunately, thorough investigation has shown that there are scammers out there running unofficial pools that have been shown to skim anywhere from 20% to 45% of miners' hashrates right off the top – be forewarned, and do yourself a favor by using only the officially approved pools you find on the OP.)

I would make no specific mention to the scammer(s), nor mention names, or anything of the sort, and would keep the fair warning as generic as possible.

Finally, that's just a 'rough draft' of my general idea - I'm sure it can be improved upon and I thank you in advance for doing so.

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:28:21 PM

Interesting news:

Bittylicious Extends Credit Card Payments to Altcoin Buyers
Pete Rizzo (@pete_rizzo_) | Published on September 23, 2014 at 09:35 BST

Bittylicious now allows users to purchase all of its available altcoins with MasterCard and Visa credit and debit cards.

The UK-based bitcoin brokerage first announced support for credit card payments this May when it added the payment option for bitcoin buyers. Bittylicious accepts bank transfers, cash payments and select mobile payments services such as Barclays Pingit, though card payments are only available in euros.

Speaking to CoinDesk, Bittylicious founder and director Marc Warne cited strong demand for the payment option as the motivating factor behind the decision, and he added that the service upgrade would be finalized over the coming days.

Warne said:

“All altcoins (as well as bitcoins of course) may be purchased with a credit or debit card on Bittylicious, hopefully as of Tuesday. Almost all are available immediately, with a couple more of the recent additions being added shortly.”

The announcement comes at a time of increasing activity in the UK digital currency exchange space, as new exchange services such as Yacuna and Bitok have launched in recent weeks.

Founded in 2013, Bittylicious is one of the oldest exchange services in the UK, facing notable competition from Coinfloor. Bittylicious sells blackcoin, dogecoin, darkcoin, feathercoin, maxcoin, peercoin, quarkcoin, StartCOIN, vertcoin and worldcoin.

Existing security applies

Warne stressed that altcoin buyers will be subject to the same security procedures as bitcoin buyers.

Users first need to upload an ID, Warne explained, which is then vetted by card processors. The process will take about one business day and serves as an added safeguard against fraud.

Bittylicious

Bittylicious users also need to provide their own wallet for all bitcoin and altcoin transactions. For a more in-depth overview, Warne suggested prospective users review its online ‘Bitcoin Buying Guide‘ for more details.

Evolving payment options

Warne suggested that credit card payments have remained a popular payment option at Bittylicious since their introduction, and that he does not see enabling credit card payments as contradictory to the larger goals of bitcoin.

Rather, Warne suggested that supporting more payment options is good for the ecosystem as it encourages more buyers to enter the community.

“Many people that either want to make a purchase without having to log in using their online banking, or want to make larger purchases, are happy to pay a little extra to use their card,” he added.

Going forward, Warne said Bittylicious plans to streamline its card process and increase the number of local payment methods to European markets.

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/bittylicious-extends-credit-card-payments-altcoin-buyers/
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:46:47 PM

It would also be a start towards building a bigger and better community . . .[/i]

More talking about Digibyte, more pictures of Digiboy, it will eventually lead DGB to be even more crypto-famous.
Grab people interest on DGB first, then they'll go naturally look on what it have to offer behind it's name.

DigiByte is back in the saddle again after having made the change over to multi-algo mining.

Digibyte is now a multi-algo cryptocurrency and is currently one of the most profitable coins to mine. http://www.whattomine.com/

Please refer to the OP for the complete list of mining pools for the various algorithms, and let us know you're around by posting on the thread where you're sure to receive a hearty welcome.

(Be advised that unfortunately, thorough investigation has shown that there are scammers out there running unofficial pools that have been shown to skim anywhere from 20% to 45% of miners' hashrates right off the top – be forewarned, and do yourself a favor by using only the officially approved pools you find on the OP.)

I would make no specific mention to the scammer(s), nor mention names, or anything of the sort, and would keep the fair warning as generic as possible.

Finally, that's just a 'rough draft' of my general idea - I'm sure it can be improved upon and I thank you in advance for doing so.

DGB is not the most profitable coin to mine for around 1 week. I still remember mining DGB for 10 days with big profit before the news spreads around and big dumpers join in.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

DGB is not the most profitable coin to mine for around 1 week. I still remember mining DGB for 10 days with big profit before the news spreads around and big dumpers join in.

How are you doing your calculations? Even with WhatToMine's default parameters, it is one of the most profitable.

"one OF"

It's at the top OF the list (short term profitability), and probably #1 in-so-far as long term prospects go.

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 03:15:36 PM

This would be awesome!
https://twitter.com/Dennahz/status/513761520166383616

"Who will be the first to implement 2fa in a wallet?"

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:40:33 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 05:35:38 PM by ghostycc

*Edited this message, was asking some help with my wallet but nevermind, i fixed it !*

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
anhpt192

Activity: 628

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:34:58 PM

is it too late now to mine DGB  Huh Huh
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:47:16 PM

This would be awesome!

Pointless as it's all about the private key in wallet.dat
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 05:20:40 PM

This would be awesome!

And what if you can only enter/see the wallet.dat with 2fa?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:48:46 PM

This would be awesome!

It's still pointless as wallet.dat is on your pc. If you want to change it and have a security advantage with 2fa you'd need to completely reinvent how it is dealt with the private key. Furthermore, you'd need a central authority (like google) to get a working 2fa.
IMHO we won't see a reasonable 2fa on any cryptocurrency in the near future.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:01:14 PM

This would be awesome!

It's still pointless as wallet.dat is on your pc. If you want to change it and have a security advantage with 2fa you'd need to completely reinvent how it is dealt with the private key. Furthermore, you'd need a central authority (like google) to get a working 2fa.

A 2fa key can be created for unique coin addresses.... If wallet does not include that address then 2fa wont work.... I think it can be done and but wallet key is already there... That is why it may be pointless
24hralttrade

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 06:05:33 PM

This would be awesome!

A 2fa key can be created for unique coin addresses.... If wallet does not include that address then 2fa wont work.... I think it can be done and but wallet key is already there... That is why it may be pointless

Thank you for explenation,i'm  not that of a wiskid Wink

p.s
Bitcoin comeback right know?

ghostycc

Activity: 270

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:08:22 PM

We all should talk about DGB this way yes.
But, if we talk about DGB, people will come check what is has to offer.
We should say what in this message, to tell everyone it's for a long run.

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
ReSl

Activity: 254

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 08:50:14 PM

p.s
Bitcoin comeback right know?

Yes i think PayPal Announces pushed it!
http://www.coindesk.com/paypal-announces-first-partnerships-bitcoin-space/
 Grin

At the time, PayPal also suggested it is only seeking to promote bitcoin, stating that while other cryptocurrencies have been available for some time “only bitcoin has achieved significant scale” in the payments space to date.
Oh dear, wait few years!
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:05:05 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 09:16:39 PM by HR

is it too late now to mine DGB  Huh Huh

Never too late, especially if you're in it for the long term.

And in the short run, .0022 BTC a day for each 1000 KH/s of scrypt equivalent is very hard to match. I challenge anyone who wants to give it a go to start the list of coins that are currently doing better. Wink

Get on it my man and don't find yourself down the road saying could've, would've, should've.

If you're mining, there really is nowhere else to go.  Grin

We all should talk about DGB this way yes.
But, if we talk about DGB, people will come check what is has to offer.
We should say what in this message, to tell everyone it's for a long run.

I agree 100%.

On both the long term and that it should be in the message.

Much of what DGB has to offer is on the OP, so I think that steering people to the OP is a good idea. That having been said, it might be a good idea to make the message more scintillating. We've got some good writers here and hopefully we'll get a good final draft drawn up sometime soon . . . that is if we think that now is the time (some might want to still buy some more on the cheap first, for example . . .).

ReSl

Activity: 254

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:07:35 PM

Nice idea for Hardwarewallets, gets opensource!
Someday maybe have a kind of smartphone secured for payments around the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avTltQwS3gI
lionhead666

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:20:24 PM

is it too late now to mine DGB  Huh Huh

And in the short run, .0022 BTC a day for each 1000 KH/s of scrypt equivalent is very hard to match. I challenge anyone who wants to give it a go to start the list of coins that are currently doing better. Wink

Get on it my man and don't find yourself down the road saying could've, would've, should've.

If you're mining, there really is nowhere else to go.  Grin

I see only 0.0003 BTC / 1000KH / day at coinwarz.com. Don't know where your results came from  Huh

But anyways it's worth mining because 0.0001 BTC to 0.001 BTC per DGB could be a range in some years.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 05:43:37 AM by HR

I see only 0.0003 BTC / 1000KH / day at coinwarz.com. Don't know where your results came from  Huh

But anyways it's worth mining because 0.0001 BTC to 0.001 BTC per DGB could be a range in some years.

Coinwarz is out of date and behind the times. They have DMD at the top and it's not even mineable. Won't be mineable again until the 27th or 28th. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg8905903#msg8905903 And have you noticed that Coinwarz only has Digibyte in scrypt? Talk about being out of it!

Try out http://www.whattomine.com/ Much much better in my opinion, and much closer to several corroborative results published by individual miners (first hand knowledge) here on this thread. And .0022 is the 'low end' of the daily range.

And dems da facts that you can literally take to the bank!

(If you need to see in order to believe, point your miners at DGB!)

lionhead666

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:59:44 PM

I see only 0.0003 BTC / 1000KH / day at coinwarz.com. Don't know where your results came from  Huh

Coinwarz is out of date and behind the times. They have DMD at the top and it's not even mineable. Won't be mineable again until the 27th or 28th. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg8905903#msg8905903 And have you noticed that Coinwarz only has Digibyte in scrypt? Talk about being out of it!

Try out http://www.whattomine.com/ Much much better in my opinion, and much closer to various, corroborative results published by individual miners (first hand knowledge) here on this thread. And .0022 is the 'low end' of the daily range.

And dems da facts that you can literally take to the bank!

(If you need to see in order to believe, point your miners at DGB!)

whattomine shows similar results and every time you refresh the coinwarz website you find another coin at the top. I checked scrypt algo because I want to use my gridseeds for DGB. But I didn't know whattomine.com and it is a realy nice website Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 [616] 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: