Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:52:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 1832 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★DigiByte|极特币★★[DGB]✔ Core v6.16.5.1 - DigiShield, DigiSpeed, Segwit  (Read 3055610 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:17:21 AM

The crazy thing is the insiders own like 90% of Ripple and yet the price has continued to move up. Think about this for a second. Ripple creates more shares out of thin air and assigns them to their "banking partners" for virtually nothing. Now the outside public believes real life credibility and use is occurring and they start investing. The "banking partners" are now looking at a goldmine in their hands. Ingenious if you ask me. Bad for the folks investing. Ultimately, I think DGB needs to use some of the marketing techniques and relationship to its advantage.

I would not touch Ripple with a ten foot pole. No control and the insiders can dump anytime they choose and the rest are left holding the bag. Why take a chance?

YC

I don't like what I'm seeing out there. First we get a paycoin scam from GAWMiners where they pre-mined 12 million of the 12.5 total projected and are now selling to whoever is dumb enough to buy (at $14 the last I checked).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=895061.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900970.0

Now there's even a Ripple market on Cryptsy! Another massively pre-mined "payment system" described by one poster as being "fuel that powers a network, a seemingly useless, centralized, closed source, network that no one actually uses..." in the Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=135684;sa=showPosts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_%28payment_protocol%29
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146964.0

Not only do we owe it to ourselves, but we also owe it to everybody else: we must educate the world about what is open source, and what is secure, and what is decentralized, and what is a real life, functioning network. This means debunking the scams, and that means possibly ruffling some feathers, but we have a duty to our fellow humans, don't we? Do we care that unsuspecting victims are being taken. Do we care that our product provides the real thing and is being overlooked? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing's for sure, those behind the business - if only for the business' sake, if only to do the marketing expected of someone who wants to establish their business, if only to become profitable - need to promote the benefits of their product as soon, and as early on, as possible, else they end up failing and saying to themselves "if only we had tried harder to create demand and set ourselves apart when we still had the chance".

DigiByte needs to get aggressive, and fast!

For me its marketcap... Why would I buy a coin at 740million cap when there is coins worth 100k that are just as close Smiley
We completely agree 100% we must educated the consumer. We need to be the ones to bfring trust and stability to the market place!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
esotericizm

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 02:27:44 AM

There is a problem with the website again (www.digibyte.co).
We are on this. We need to move the website to a new sever. We keep exceeding our memory a lotment. Thanks for letting us know!

I can hook you up with a temp/backup server if need be.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 02:36:49 AM

There is a problem with the website again (www.digibyte.co).
We are on this. We need to move the website to a new sever. We keep exceeding our memory a lotment. Thanks for letting us know!

I can hook you up with a temp/backup server if need be.
We just got it back online! We will pm you more about this. Thanks for the offer!

HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 09:34:25 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 10:03:32 AM by HR

The crazy thing is the insiders own like 90% of Ripple and yet the price has continued to move up. Think about this for a second. Ripple creates more shares out of thin air and assigns them to their "banking partners" for virtually nothing. Now the outside public believes real life credibility and use is occurring and they start investing. The "banking partners" are now looking at a goldmine in their hands. Ingenious if you ask me. Bad for the folks investing. Ultimately, I think DGB needs to use some of the marketing techniques and relationship to its advantage.

I would not touch Ripple with a ten foot pole. No control and the insiders can dump anytime they choose and the rest are left holding the bag. Why take a chance?

YC

You're right, and while it looks "ingenious", it’s actually nothing new, and is only ingenious for frauds and scammers.

It's called price fixing.

In both cases, XPY and XRP developers have massively pre-mined their coins and, as a consequence, have thereafter controlled supply. If you control the supply, then you can fix the price. Saudi Arabia and OPEC have been doing it for over 40 years. The concept should not be new to anyone. It’s the main justification for antitrust laws (but they only go so far and have limited jurisdiction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing ). Another example of a market that was dominated by a single player who fixed price was the diamond market and that single player was De Beers.

What all the entities above have in common is a dominant control of the market and the price manipulation that their dominant control affords them. They also represent centralized, closed decision making systems, which means that end users MUST not only PAY THE PRICE, they MUST also PLACE THEIR TRUST in those controlling entities.

Simply stated, this is the antithesis of the digital currency ethic (and free societies/economies for that matter).

XPY and XRP control the number of coins going to market, and they set the price. Those who collude and receive coins for their collusion (exchanges, banks, 3rd party developers, and the like) agree to limit the number of their coins that go to market as well. Again, can you say OPEC?

In a free market economy, the more distributed the market, i.e., the more players there are, the fairer and better it is for end users (consumers) and producers alike. DGB is a good example of a widely distributed open system where price fixing is next to impossible.

The difference is between control and manipulation, and open and decentralized trading. Millions have placed their entire livelihoods at stake defending the latter (and millions more have even given their lives - you know the drill: so we all can live the lives we live today), and anyone justifying the former is only making clear to the world just what kind of moral fiber he or she is made of.

---------------------------------------------------o---------------------------------------------------

On a longer term note, what are the chances that short term, highly rigged, scams can succeed? I’m not sure, but what I can tell you is that by looking at XPY and XRP infrastructure and judging by the number of product claims that are met with by dead links, I don’t think they’ve got much of a chance of succeeding anytime soon (but remember, as long as they hold the controlling interest, they will be able to control price, and that creates an illusion of success). Furthermore, from a viability standpoint, how in the world do they ever hope to create a functional payment system when the vast majority of the system's “tokens” aren’t even available for use (due to the dominant player’s control of them)? Nevertheless, these kinds of crooks often end up stumbling across dumb luck, and they make good while their competition, although doing everything right, get the guillotine. This is a terribly frightful place for honest competition to find themselves – I would only equate it with being on trial and falsely accused for something you didn’t do, and I would suggest that the same, no holds barred, do or die, strategy needs to be employed with the firm conviction and clear understanding that there just might not be a tomorrow for you (and don’t come crying to me about life not being fair – we all know it isn’t from the start).

I don't like what I'm seeing out there. First we get a paycoin scam from GAWMiners where they pre-mined 12 million of the 12.5 total projected and are now selling to whoever is dumb enough to buy (at $14 the last I checked).

Now there's even a Ripple market on Cryptsy! Another massively pre-mined "payment system" described by one poster as being "fuel that powers a network, a seemingly useless, centralized, closed source, network that no one actually uses..." in the Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion thread:

Not only do we owe it to ourselves, but we also owe it to everybody else: we must educate the world about what is open source, and what is secure, and what is decentralized, and what is a real life, functioning network. This means debunking the scams, and that means possibly ruffling some feathers, but we have a duty to our fellow humans, don't we? Do we care that unsuspecting victims are being taken. Do we care that our product provides the real thing and is being overlooked? Maybe, maybe not, but one thing's for sure, those behind the business - if only for the business' sake, if only to do the marketing expected of someone who wants to establish their business, if only to become profitable - need to promote the benefits of their product as soon, and as early on, as possible, else they end up failing and saying to themselves "if only we had tried harder to create demand and set ourselves apart when we still had the chance".

pringles1901

Activity: 391
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 10:24:55 AM

Big question to ask you all

Gaw has come out with Paycoin (XPY)
Gaw have no purchesd coin-swap.net

Looking at coinswap for the first time i thought i would see what its all about

Just click on information...then about us......scroll down to Jared - Public Relations, Marketing, Market Administrator

Is this the same Jared as in the guy behind DGB.....
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 10:31:17 AM

Big question to ask you all

Gaw has come out with Paycoin (XPY)
Gaw have no purchesd coin-swap.net

Looking at coinswap for the first time i thought i would see what its all about

Just click on information...then about us......scroll down to Jared - Public Relations, Marketing, Market Administrator

Is this the same Jared as in the guy behind DGB.....
No. I have nothing to do with them. Also, I had nothing to do with Tradehill for those who asked awhile back.

Here is my LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jared-tate/90/9aa/257

Only coins or companies I have had anything to do with on the development end are DigiByte, Dogecoin & Nautiluscoin in the beginning.

ycagel

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:09:54 AM

HR,
 Just so we are clear. I don't have any personal interest in Ripple, nor do I think their practice is the model example for the industry. I am simply stating that whatever they are doing from a marketing perspective is keeping people engaged. Last thing I want to suggest is that price fixing or insiders controlling the movement and future of a digital currency is something I approve of.

YC

YC

You're right, and while it looks "ingenious", it’s actually nothing new, and is only ingenious for frauds and scammers.

In both cases, XPY and XRP developers have massively pre-mined their coins and, as a consequence, have thereafter controlled supply. If you control the supply, then you can fix the price. Saudi Arabia and OPEC have been doing it for over 40 years. The concept should not be new to anyone. It’s the main justification for antitrust laws (but they only go so far and have limited jurisdiction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_fixing ). Another example of a market that was dominated by a single player who fixed price was the diamond market and that single player was De Beers.

What all the entities above have in common is a dominant control of the market and the price manipulation that their dominant control affords them. They also represent centralized, closed decision making systems, which means that end users MUST not only PAY THE PRICE, they MUST also PLACE THEIR TRUST in those controlling entities.

Simply stated, this is the antithesis of the digital currency ethic (and free societies/economies for that matter).

XPY and XRP control the number of coins going to market, and they set the price. Those who collude and receive coins for their collusion (exchanges, banks, 3rd party developers, and the like) agree to limit the number of their coins that go to market as well. Again, can you say OPEC?

In a free market economy, the more distributed the market, i.e., the more players there are, the fairer and better it is for end users (consumers) and producers alike. DGB is a good example of a widely distributed open system where price fixing is next to impossible.

The difference is between control and manipulation, and open and decentralized trading. Millions have placed their entire livelihoods at stake defending the latter (and millions more have even given their lives - you know the drill: so we all can live the lives we live today), and anyone justifying the former is only making clear to the world just what kind of moral fiber he or she is made of.

---------------------------------------------------o---------------------------------------------------

On a longer term note, what are the chances that short term, highly rigged, scams can succeed? I’m not sure, but what I can tell you is that by looking at XPY and XRP infrastructure and judging by the number of product claims that are met with by dead links, I don’t think they’ve got much of a chance of succeeding anytime soon (but remember, as long as they hold the controlling interest, they will be able to control price, and that creates an illusion of success). Furthermore, from a viability standpoint, how in the world do they ever hope to create a functional payment system when the vast majority of the system's “tokens” aren’t even available for use (due to the dominant player’s control of them)? Nevertheless, these kinds of crooks often end up stumbling across dumb luck, and they make good while their competition, although doing everything right, get the guillotine. This is a terribly frightful place for honest competition to find themselves – I would only equate it with being on trial and falsely accused for something you didn’t do, and I would suggest that the same, no holds barred, do or die, strategy needs to be employed with the firm conviction and clear understanding that there just might not be a tomorrow for you (and don’t come crying to me about life not being fair – we all know it isn’t from the start).

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 11:57:02 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 12:08:05 PM by halinyo

I agree with YC that Jared should start doing some marketing, which we had seen nearly nothing about up to today (totally not fair to say that Smiley). We have to really put some effort to do marketing. We should copy the strategy of those widely used, famous coins, XRP is just one example. However, I dont agree on the insider trading and price fixing, it is not ethical first off all, and not different from stealing money in the investor's pocket. But I dont see any problem copying their strategy as long as they are ethic methods. I am not against also to be a bit of centralized in terms of security, liability, etc.

Development is perfect for DGB, but if you cannot present it, then it has no value Wink
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

HR,
 Just so we are clear. I don't have any personal interest in Ripple, nor do I think their practice is the model example for the industry. I am simply stating that whatever they are doing from a marketing perspective is keeping people engaged. Last thing I want to suggest is that price fixing or insiders controlling the movement and future of a digital currency is something I approve of.

YC

No problem YC. I wasn't thinking of you, nor directing my writing to you. However, since I was using my reply to you as the impetus for my comment, I was afraid you might take it personal in spite of all my best attempts to use an impersonal style, and I have been proven correct on that. Sorry about that. It wasn't directed at you and I should have done better at making it even more impersonal. Such are the failings of message forums. I was clear about what you were saying and nothing in what I said - after "you're right" - was directed directly at you. My interest is in generating a serious debate on what I think is a very key component for success, and not in rebuking anyone in particular, and certainly not you.

YC

HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:30:20 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 12:41:36 PM by HR

I agree with YC that Jared should start doing some marketing, which we had seen nearly nothing about up to today Smiley We have to really put some effort to do marketing. We should copy the strategy of those widely used, famous coins, XRP is just one example. However, I dont agree on the insider trading and price fixing, it is not ethical first off all, and not different from stealing money in the investor's pocket. But I dont see any problem copying their strategy as long as they are ethic methods. I am not against also to be a bit of centralized in terms of security, liability, etc.

We're not always going to agree on everything, but one thing I agree with 100% is the need to get out there and the need to learn from other people's success (the fact that they may have dubious intentions should not take away from their technique by any means).

What have they done that we could learn from?

1) They have made key connections with key players (from exchanges, to key partners, to 3rd party developers) and implemented their strategy accordingly.

What does one need to do to copy that?

It's called "hitting the pavement". You've got to get out there, sit down with these people in their offices, and hammer out deals. There's no other way of getting things done. Instant messaging only goes so far, and there's a point in time when you need to get face to face and make things happen. Now that DigiByte's got $250,000 worth of backing, there is no excuse that this isn't happening in full force. Of course there are things that can't be done, like giving away a bunch of price fixed coins in exchange for setting up a specialized market, but in lieu of that, we've got the same chances of striking a deal with any of the major players, banks included - in fact, with DGB's transparency and full disclosure, and its widely distributed and secure network really capable of handling the traffic a world wide payment system would require, I would say that we've got distinct advantages.

2) They have been able to get key blogs and writers on the subject to publish interviews with them and other PR enhancing articles.

The same as the first: get out there and get in front of these people and make it happen by making your product's many benefits known to them. But you've got to do it! And you've got to do it with enthusiasm and passion! And you can never stop (until you retire anyway)!

3) They have first class world wide web infrastructure (albeit with lots and lots of dead ends).

Get a webmaster on board NOW and get things rolling in that area: a website that's 24x7, an official blog, and a knowledge base, for starters, for example.

P.S. Jared, please forgive me if you've been doing these things already, but also understand that if nothing's been said with their regards, we can only scratch our heads and wonder - until we began to see others doing it, we weren't really keen on these possibilities, and it's understandable if you were also busy with other aspects of the business and even taking things more easily, but I think that recent events - from DGB's financing to huge inroads being made by the competition - serve to change the focus and give us all a sense of urgency that maybe we might not have felt so strongly before. In any event, and in spite of my "football coach" in-your-face style, please note that I am on your side, but just like that football coach at halftime, I'm asking (again in good faith but looking to shock and looking for a positive reaction): what the fuck are you doing?  Wink

Edit: Perhaps the metaphor might be more accurate if I were to pose the question as a player to his coach (since you more rightly fill the role of coach here) and ask: what the fuck are WE doing?

ycagel

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:38:03 PM

HR,
 Not taken personally at all. I just want to be sure the rest of the folks understand my position clearly. Smiley

YC

HR,

YC

No problem YC. I wasn't thinking of you, nor directing my writing to you. However, since I was using my reply to you as the impetus for my comment, I was afraid you might take it personal in spite of all my best attempts to use an impersonal style, and I have been proven correct on that. Sorry about that. It wasn't directed at you and I should have done better at making it even more impersonal. Such are the failings of message forums. I was clear about what you were saying and nothing in what I said - after "you're right" - was directed directly at you. My interest is in generating a serious debate on what I think is a very key component for success, and not in rebuking anyone in particular, and certainly not you.

YC

ycagel

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:42:41 PM

Here is one commenter said when Ripple was moving up. Again, let's take only the areas where we can do this from an ethical perspective, but obtain the same growth and awareness.

"Because each of these gateways have an affiliated bank in their country that handles their fiat deposits. These banks all adhere to international AML/KYC laws. You can't just open an account in Korea, for example, and deposit 160 million won without proper supporting documentation proving identification, residency in the country, etc. Furthermore, we're talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. Given the gobs and gobs of positive press Ripple has gotten....from being selected as MIT's Smartest Companies in the World, to the VP of the US Federal Reserve's glowing comments, signing banks in the US and Germany, etc.
Ripple gateways have been opening around the world at a rate of nearly 3 or 4 a month for the last year.
Those individual companies/gateways are securing depositors so that they make money. Add to all this that Jed McCaleb sales of XRP has been curtailed by agreement and that RL suspended OTC sale of XRP...

sharp increase in demand + static supply = sharp price increase

Or, we can believe in a 'financial Illuminati' ...."

Source: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/massive-xrp-price-increase-is-it-a-pump-and-dump/

YC

I agree with YC that Jared should start doing some marketing, which we had seen nearly nothing about up to today Smiley We have to really put some effort to do marketing. We should copy the strategy of those widely used, famous coins, XRP is just one example. However, I dont agree on the insider trading and price fixing, it is not ethical first off all, and not different from stealing money in the investor's pocket. But I dont see any problem copying their strategy as long as they are ethic methods. I am not against also to be a bit of centralized in terms of security, liability, etc.

We're not always going to agree on everything, but one thing I agree with 100% is the need to get out there and the need to learn from other people's success (the fact that they may have dubious intentions should not take away from their technique by any means).

What have they done that we could learn from?

1) They have made key connections with key players (from exchanges, to key partners, to 3rd party developers) and implemented their strategy accordingly.

It's called "hitting the pavement". You've got to get out there, sit down with these people in their offices, and hammer out deals. There's no other way of getting things done. Instant messaging only goes so far, and there's a point in time when you need to get face to face and make things happen. Now that DigiByte's got $250,000 worth of backing, there is no excuse that this isn't happening in full force. Of course there are things that can't be done, like giving away a bunch of price fixed coins in exchange for setting up a specialized market, but in lieu of that, we've got the same chances of striking a deal with any of the major players, banks included - in fact, with DGB's transparency and full disclosure, and its widely distributed and secure network really capable of handling the traffic a world wide payment system would require, I would say that we've got distinct advantages.

2) They have been able to get key blogs and writers on the subject to publish interviews with them and other PR enhancing articles.

The same as the first: get out there and get in front of these people and make it happen by making your product's many benefits known to them. But you've got to do it! And you've got to do it with enthusiasm and passion! And you can never stop (until you retire anyway)!

3) They have first class world wide web infrastructure (albeit with lots and lots of dead ends).

Get a webmaster on board NOW and get things rolling in that area: a website that's 24x7, an official blog, and a knowledge base, for starters, for example.

P.S. Jared, please forgive me if you've been doing these things already, but also understand that if nothing's been said with their regards, we can only scratch our heads and wonder - until we began to see others doing it, we weren't really keen on these possibilities, and it's understandable if you were also busy with other aspects of the business and even taking things more easily, but I think that recent events - from DGB's financing to huge inroads being made by the competition - serve to change the focus and give us all a sense of urgency that maybe we might not have felt so strongly before. In any event, and in spite of my "football coach" in-your-face style, please note that I am on your side, but just like that football coach at halftime, I'm asking (again in good faith but looking to shock and looking for a positive reaction): what the fuck are you doing?  Wink

Edit: Perhaps the metaphor might be more accurate if I were to pose the question as a player to his coach (since you more rightly fill the role of coach here) and ask: what the fuck are WE doing? what the fuck are WE supposed to be doing?

ycagel

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 12:45:31 PM

On a side note, there are some huge buy walls at Cryptsy. What is going on with Bittrex? Volume has gone down quite a bit.

YC
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 01:47:47 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 05:13:26 PM by halinyo

On a side note, there are some huge buy walls at Cryptsy. What is going on with Bittrex? Volume has gone down quite a bit.

YC

Bittrex volume is down, meaning investors at bittrex are losing faith in DGB, not necessarily, because dumps also creates volume.
But now we see none of them at bittrex for a few days. Cryptsy is the major player for DGB, therefore you cannot identify this on cryptsy easily.

This all, unfortunately, tied up with news that will come from Jared. That is why I agree with what HR mentioned above.
But I guess Jared already has plans on this and waiting for the right time, since long term is the key here.

I am also here for the long term, therefore we have to be patient and wait for the full developments are done for DGB including that USD exchange, before we can do any advertisement for the long haul.
I could sell part of my DGBs that are nearly 20-25 millions, bought under 8 SAT for a profit of x2. But I won't because I believe in the future of DGB. Let others sell while price is moving further up, then you can be the guy holding a great value!
ycagel

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:19:07 PM

Wow, amazing how much you have accumulated and the long term belief. We are holding for the long term as well. May have to go back to Cryptsy since there seems to be much more liquidity there.

YC

YC

Bittrex volume is down, meaning investors at bittrex are losing faith in DGB, not necessarily, because dumps also creates volume.
But now we see none of them at bittrex for a few days. Cryptsy is the major player for DGB, therefore you cannot identify this on cryptsy easily.

This all, unfortunately, tied up with news that will come from Jared. That is why I agree with what HR mentioned above.
But I guess Jared already has plans on this and waiting for the right time, since long term is the key here.

I am also here for the long term, therefore we have to be patient and wait for the full developments are done for DGB including that USD exchange, before we can do any advertisement for the long haul.
I could sell part of my DGBs that are nearly 20-25 millions, bought under 8 SAT for a profit of x2. But I won't because I believe in the future of DGB. Let others sell while price is moving further up, then you can be the guy holding a great value!

halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 03:31:31 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2014, 03:53:21 PM by halinyo

Thanks YC, well I am here from the beginning. I still remember the time when I translated the DigiByte OP into Turkish and won 250k DGB, at that time was worth ~0.7 BTC and I did not sell it, placed it into my ewallet and forgot about it. Today, you may think I regret why did not sell and bought back, but I don't regret because belief is something keeps us all alive, either you believe in money, fame or religion, no-religion.

But I guess we are very close to the crucial point for DGB. I am hoping we will see news on the USD exchange and a few other things, then we can move onto ADS.

Yes, we have to have amazing advertisement channels for DGB. Don't forget "there were 20 other search engines launched before Google", but in the end Google was the one! Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine

Best,
ycagel

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:11:57 PM

Been here since the beginning and not sold any. This is going through a cycle just like other long term growth opportunities. Look at some of the old BTC threads when other members were calling people who paid $0.20 for BTC fools and then it blew up. It's normal human psychology. One thing I believe is extremely important is capitalizing on a specific point of time to obtain the biggest benefit. Last thing we want to do is have a superior product, service, etc and no one knows about it. There are enough burger joints that have better quality than McDonalds, but where are they? Never heard of them.

Does McDonalds have the best burger or healthiest? No, but they have location, location, location. Marketing, real estate, convenience and ease.

YC

Thanks YC, well I am here from the beginning. I still remember the time when I translated the DigiByte OP into Turkish and won 250k DGB, at that time was worth ~0.7 BTC and I did not sell it, placed it into my ewallet and forgot about it. Today, you may think I regret why did not sell and bought back, but I don't regret because belief is something keeps us all alive, either you believe in money, fame or religion, no-religion.

But I guess we are very close to the crucial point for DGB. I am hoping we will see news on the USD exchange and a few other things, then we can move onto ADS.

Yes, we have to have amazing advertisement channels for DGB. Don't forget "there were 20 other search engines launched before Google", but in the end Google was the one! Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_search_engine

Best,
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:28:34 PM

Been here since the beginning and not sold any. This is going through a cycle just like other long term growth opportunities. Look at some of the old BTC threads when other members were calling people who paid $0.20 for BTC fools and then it blew up. It's normal human psychology. One thing I believe is extremely important is capitalizing on a specific point of time to obtain the biggest benefit. Last thing we want to do is have a superior product, service, etc and no one knows about it. There are enough burger joints that have better quality than McDonalds, but where are they? Never heard of them.

Does McDonalds have the best burger or healthiest? No, but they have location, location, location. Marketing, real estate, convenience and ease.

YC

Best,

The reason why I wanted to stick with DGB is that Jared and I have a similar mind on the crypto in terms of many things, keeping it as similar to BTC, POW of multialgo mining which provides a great distribution and security, and communication with community (at least once a week but definitely more than that), having DGB as a full-time job (this brings reliability and continues development and care for the coin) and NO DARK and LITE SHITS. To me, the only missing part is the ADS and PR. I do not know who Tiffany, Andrew and Tanner are, but at the moment they have chosen to be quite quiet.

Lets see what is waiting DGB in the next few weeks, excitement top! Smiley

PS: Anybody has seen this? It is quite readable now. I also liked the "DigiByte Core Principles". I remember I mentioned a few months back for keeping the track of changes and developments in OP, but now it is on the Web page, PERFECT: http://www.digibyte.co/content/about-digibyte
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2014, 04:53:27 PM

Poof anddd the sell wall is gone Smiley

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
halinyo
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2014, 04:56:40 PM

Poof anddd the sell wall is gone Smiley

Someone bought nearly 25 million of it at one go! ? Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 1832 »
  Print  

Jump to: