Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:07:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the Council on Foreign Relations  (Read 54974 times)
Gavin Andresen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 10:12:24 PM

I've accepted an invitation to do a question and answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, DC on Thursday, February 6, 2014.

I've been told anything related to the Council on Foreign Relations tickle's peoples Grand Conspiracy buttons, so I thought it would be best to be open about exactly what will happen. I hope it doesn't spark as long a thread as my visit to the CIA, but Bitcoin is a lot bigger than when I visited the CIA...

Anyway, here's the invitation I received:

On behalf of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), I write to invite you to speak to our Washington-based members as part of our Voices of the Next Generation series. This program seeks to bring together our members with fresh, young voices in the nation’s foreign policy discourse. Given your work with BitCoin, you would be an important addition to the series. In the past, the Voices of the Next Generation series has featured Esther Duflo, Abdul Latif Jameel professor of poverty alleviation and development economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ayman Mohyeldin, Middle East correspondent, Al-Jazeera English, and Jennifer Pahlka, founder and executive director, Code for America.

CFR is a nonpartisan national membership organization and think tank, as well as the publisher of Foreign Affairs. Among our members are many past and present U.S. presidents, secretaries of state, defense, and treasury, as well as other senior U.S. government officials, renowned scholars, and major leaders of American business, media, and nongovernmental groups.

The format of the event will be a 90-minute question&answer session, moderated by somebody yet-to-be-determined. It will be "on the record," meaning press could be invited to attend and recordings and/or transcripts may be posted on CFR's website.

The audience will be CFR members and invited guests (and maybe press); it is not open to the public. I am not getting paid by the CFR.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notig

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:13:37 PM

cool let us know if angelina jolie is there
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:26:20 PM

"BitCoin"....

Need some educating!!!
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:28:33 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2014, 05:46:05 AM by knight22

Thanks for keeping us informed

-Edit-

Here is the record:
http://www.cfr.org/economics/voices-next-generation-gavin-andresen-bitcoin/p32339

Gavin did a great job addressing some hard questions.

row5_seat47

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:34:03 PM

CFR were one of the first to get/publish the Congressional Research Paper ....
http://www.cfr.org/economics/crs-bitcoin-questions-answers-analysis-legal-issues/p32148
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:38:27 PM

I've accepted an invitation to do a question and answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, DC on Thursday, February 6, 2014.

I've been told anything related to the Council on Foreign Relations tickle's peoples Grand Conspiracy buttons, so I thought it would be best to be open about exactly what will happen. I hope it doesn't spark as long a thread as my visit to the CIA, but Bitcoin is a lot bigger than when I visited the CIA...

Ha, I'm sure it will do more than tickle them. Clearly you have now become a NWO puppet Grin.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:44:58 PM

Are you representing the Bitcoin Foundation when you are there? because  Inputs.IO led by TF the biggest Scammer in history is still on their sponsors page.

https://members.bitcoinfoundation.org/current

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:52:06 PM

Soon Mike Maloney will release a chapter titled Trade Fortress  Cheesy

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-17/hidden-secrets-money-part-4-biggest-scam-history-mankind-7-easy-steps

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:08:19 PM

Cool. I think this is exactly the right approach. Unlike many central banks Bitcoin, its operating policy, and records etc. are completely open and available for discussion. The Bitcoin community has nothing to hide or fear from such high profile government discussions.
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:13:05 PM

One of the greatest intellectuals of the United States, Noam Chomsky, has some interesting things to say how forums such as the CFR operate: "The Council on Foreign Relations is essentially the business input to foreign policy plainning." [1] As far as I can tell inside the US Chomsky is seen as a conspiracy theorist or left-wing nut (which would be certainly the view inside of circles such as the CFR). But the view outside of the US is quite different. What I would like to see is the cryptocurrency system becoming more international. The foundation claims that bitcoin is "non-political online money", which is really absurd if one thinks about it.

[1] http://www.chomsky.info/talks/19850319.htm
udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:19:01 PM

So long as they learn how they can benefit from BTC, this may be an extremely important Q&A.  Glad to hear they invited you.

]
yamamushi

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:42:01 AM

Where would one be able to find video of this presentation afterwards?

drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:26:40 AM

Oh this will be fun.

Don't take any food or drink offered. Cheesy

EDIT: And why do they always capitalize the "c" in Bitcoin? "They" being international bankster-types and their affiliates.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
acoindr
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 01:47:23 AM

So long as they learn how they can benefit from BTC ...

They can benefit from it the way anyone else can. Bitcoin is user neutral.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:08:49 AM

Anyway, here's the invitation I received:

On behalf of the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), I write to invite you to speak to our Washington-based members as part of our Voices of the Next Generation series. This program seeks to bring together our members with fresh, young voices in the nation’s foreign policy discourse. Given your work with BitCoin, you would be an important addition to the series. In the past, the Voices of the Next Generation series has featured Esther Duflo, Abdul Latif Jameel professor of poverty alleviation and development economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ayman Mohyeldin, Middle East correspondent, Al-Jazeera English, and Jennifer Pahlka, founder and executive director, Code for America.

CFR is a nonpartisan national membership organization and think tank, as well as the publisher of Foreign Affairs. Among our members are many past and present U.S. presidents, secretaries of state, defense, and treasury, as well as other senior U.S. government officials, renowned scholars, and major leaders of American business, media, and nongovernmental groups.

The format of the event will be a 90-minute question&answer session, moderated by somebody yet-to-be-determined. It will be "on the record," meaning press could be invited to attend and recordings and/or transcripts may be posted on CFR's website.

The audience will be CFR members and invited guests (and maybe press); it is not open to the public. I am not getting paid by the CFR.

I actually think it's cool. It's actually a sign of respect for the community that they'd want to meet with Gavin. If they were totally hostile there would be no meetings.

We have to get on from the conspiracy theories. Let us be realistic, if someone has to meet with these groups it should probably be Gavin. I view this development as excessively positive for the future of Bitcoin.

One of the greatest intellectuals of the United States, Noam Chomsky, has some interesting things to say how forums such as the CFR operate: "The Council on Foreign Relations is essentially the business input to foreign policy plainning." [1] As far as I can tell inside the US Chomsky is seen as a conspiracy theorist or left-wing nut (which would be certainly the view inside of circles such as the CFR). But the view outside of the US is quite different. What I would like to see is the cryptocurrency system becoming more international. The foundation claims that bitcoin is "non-political online money", which is really absurd if one thinks about it.

[1] http://www.chomsky.info/talks/19850319.htm

One interesting fact about the politics of the US. The more you represent the actual politics of the US in your speech the more you will be presented as a lunatic. That does not mean that you're not representing a certain political demographic, it just means that the political views in the US are all presented as crazy by the media. It's not a left or right thing, it's inclusion or exclusion.
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 02:13:48 AM

Ha, I'm sure it will do more than tickle them. Clearly you have now become a NWO puppet Grin.

Yeah I heard they put a mind control chip in your head during the CIA visit.  Grin

Thanks for the update Gavin. Please teach them how to spell Bitcoin as one word, without a capitalised 'C' in the middle.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:03:44 AM

Oh this will be fun.

Don't take any food or drink offered. Cheesy

EDIT: And why do they always capitalize the "c" in Bitcoin? "They" being international bankster-types and their affiliates.

does the word amateur mean anything to you

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:14:07 AM

The audience will be CFR members and invited guests (and maybe press); it is not open to the public.

Just like the Bitcoin Foundation.  Imagine that!

I am not getting paid by the CFR.

Some good work to make sure that blacklisting remains possible should change that unhappy state of affairs.  Eventually.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TeeBone

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:19:14 AM

Nice list of war criminals you've been cozying up to. Who's next on your list, Hitler ?
JohnsonRobinson

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:25:03 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 03:46:48 AM by JohnsonRobinson

These guys are NOT to be trusted!  They're near the top of the $*&tlist!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: