Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the Council on Foreign Relations  (Read 54974 times)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:44:54 AM

The CFR on bitcoin at 23:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQj9sWawXBg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUL_A4jkwvKuMyToAPy3FQKQ

The whole video is worth watching to see how scumbags they are

Not real big on individual liberties, self-determination and free markets are they?

Who let these guys near the reins of power, they are downright dangerous, not to mention unelected.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 12:40:55 PM

The CFR on bitcoin at 23:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQj9sWawXBg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUL_A4jkwvKuMyToAPy3FQKQ

The whole video is worth watching to see how scumbags they are

Not real big on individual liberties, self-determination and free markets are they?

Who let these guys near the reins of power, they are downright dangerous, not to mention unelected.

More like "pre-elected".  Both main US parties draw heavily from the ranks of the CFR to fill their tickets.  The CFR is like the training ground for US politicians.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 04:54:00 PM

With only a few more days to go before the meeting, I here by declare my opinion poll, a resounding success. Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418110.0

While it may appear that we, who oppose this collaboration with these indignants, have lost, we have in fact won !

WE ARE THE 33% ! .. and counting.. Wink

WE represent the 90% of the world's population who do not have the resources and/or the capability to participate.

WE represent the enslaved, war torn peoples of the world.

WE, the real majority, WILL DEMAND JUSTICE !

VERITAS AEQUITAS !

So be it.

pEACe

bitoffreedom

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:49:48 PM

When talking about these guys, one word is all you need to check into:

'Ponerology'

Kudos. I never heard this term before, but it's spot-on.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:35:48 AM

Say "hi" to Commissioner Gordon.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
JohnsonRobinson

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:43:06 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 06:57:02 AM by JohnsonRobinson

When talking about these guys, one word is all you need to check into:

'Ponerology'

Kudos. I never heard this term before, but it's spot-on.

Yeah, it was quite the eye-opener for me too when I first checked it out.  

In case you're interested, here's a bit more on that:

Article:  http://jamesfetzer.blogspot.ca/2012/08/twilight-of-psychopaths.html

Two Hour Radio Show (heavy duty):  http://radiofetzer.blogspot.ca/2012/04/daniel-noel.html
-just click on 'Daniel Noel' at the top
-they get to the Ponerology topic later in the show (jump to 1:36)
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:55:26 AM

Great article.  But this analysis is missing one element, even though it was obliquely mentioned later in the article:

The prevailing recipe for civilization is simple:

1) Use lies and brainwashing to create an army of controlled, systematic mass murderers;
2) Use that army to enslave large numbers of people (i.e. seize control of their labour power and its fruits);
3) Use that slave labour power to improve the brainwashing process (by using the economic surplus to employ scribes, priests, and PR men). Then go back to step one and repeat the process.

Drugs.  No modern civilization can produce the energy and food required to sustain millions of people in dense cities without the aid of pharmaceuticals.  Modern governments rely on medicinal plants that grow in marginal soils, and whose products are easily-transported, in order to maintain both social control and a relatively productive population of citizens.

It's no happy coincidence that drugs also help to "brainwash" the populace, and to create armies which can then be sent into the provinces to guard valuable pharmaceutical crops.  Why is this vital element not openly recognized?  Is it, perhaps, as Hillary Clinton said, because "there is just too much money in it"?

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:45:38 AM

Surely Bitcoin can survive one Gavin Andresen visit to the CFR behind closed doors?  The protocol needs to be tested in every way if it is to become a global currency.
MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:08:36 AM

Bitcoin will survive but Gavin may be scarred for life.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:34:34 AM

Great article.  But this analysis is missing one element, even though it was obliquely mentioned later in the article:

The prevailing recipe for civilization is simple:

1) Use lies and brainwashing to create an army of controlled, systematic mass murderers;
2) Use that army to enslave large numbers of people (i.e. seize control of their labour power and its fruits);
3) Use that slave labour power to improve the brainwashing process (by using the economic surplus to employ scribes, priests, and PR men). Then go back to step one and repeat the process.

Drugs.  No modern civilization can produce the energy and food required to sustain millions of people in dense cities without the aid of pharmaceuticals.  Modern governments rely on medicinal plants that grow in marginal soils, and whose products are easily-transported, in order to maintain both social control and a relatively productive population of citizens.

It's no happy coincidence that drugs also help to "brainwash" the populace, and to create armies which can then be sent into the provinces to guard valuable pharmaceutical crops.  Why is this vital element not openly recognized?  Is it, perhaps, as Hillary Clinton said, because "there is just too much money in it"?

Aside from it being used to lure the sheeple into doing their dirty work, the money excuse is there to keep up looking in the wrong direction.

All these people care about is creating more misery and chaos, from every conceivalbe angle. They feed off of it.

Ponerology at work..

Kids for Cash
http://www.democracynow.org/2014/2/4/kids_for_cash_inside_one_of

Heros
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Gj43SXxBk

MikeH

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:31:17 AM

damn, I was about to mention how I read that 30-40% of congress are pedophiles so are easy to manipulate / blackmail.
thought I'd google the specifics then found this headline.. Congress passes 'Pedophile Protection Act'.

oh and there was an interview with an animal rights activist earlier, he said Bush passed a bill that would label them terrorists if they did anything that would hurt the profits of corporations, eg. protesting.
combined with Obama's bill that enables anyone to be detained indefinitely without charge or trial if suspected of ties to terrorism, it's just insane.
btcusury

Activity: 433
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:50:30 PM

I've accepted an invitation to do a question and answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, DC on Thursday, February 6, 2014.
Congratulations on being invited to speak at the CFR, it's an honor and a milestone for the bitcoin community.

Really? How so, exactly?

Is it because they are a powerful bunch? The Mafia is also a powerful group of people; if they invited Gavin to speak, would you consider that an "honor and a milestone for the bitcoin community"?

Or is it because you believe they are nice, honest people?

FACT: There were hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths by December 2020 due to the censorship of all effective treatments (most notably ivermectin) in order to obtain EUA for experimental GT spike protein injections despite spike bioweaponization patents going back about a decade, and the manufacturers have 100% legal immunity despite long criminal histories.
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:59:52 PM

having aljazeera there as press brings alot of suspicion. knowing their agenda and who they work for..
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:09:58 PM

having aljazeera there as press brings alot of suspicion. knowing their agenda and who they work for..
Al Jazeera has come a long way and is, in fact, a respected news organisation. I'd be less concerned with their agenda than, say, that of Fox News. Grin
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 04:59:29 PM

I wouldn't call meeting the CfR an honor.. but I would call it important.
No matter what you think of them, if you ever want to have any influence in this world, and don't intend to use violence/force (and you'd need a massive army for that), you need diplomacy.

Use diplomacy to gain trust and reach a mutually beneficial agreement.
Don't fight the CfR, gradually become the CfR.
And when you are the CfR.. you have the influence to accomplish change.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:20:30 PM

No matter what you think of them, if you ever want to have any influence in this world, and don't intend to use violence/force (and you'd need a massive army for that), you need diplomacy.

Gaining the trust of the CFR is nice and all that, but is orders of magnitude less important than holding onto trust in the Bitcoin community.

Gavin had the ability to demand transparency even if it isn't the playbook that the CFR normally follows.  He could easily have just said that his interactions with them would be transparent and publicly documented.  Period.  Take it or leave it.  Bitcoin is strong enough to command that kind of respect...for now...and it is a perfectly reasonable and appropriate position.  I don't see that it ever even occurred to Gavin.  By all appearances he is simply not a very original thinker.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

Rest in pEACe, Mr. Chaplin.

http://youtu.be/jYMnUSvU_oc

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 05:44:39 PM

Gaining the trust of the CFR is nice and all that, but is orders of magnitude less important than holding onto trust in the Bitcoin community.

Gavin had the ability to demand transparency even if it isn't the playbook that the CFR normally follows.  He could easily have just said that his interactions with them would be transparent and publicly documented.  Period.  Take it or leave it.  Bitcoin is strong enough to command that kind of respect...for now...and it is a perfectly reasonable and appropriate position.  I don't see that it ever even occurred to Gavin.  By all appearances he is simply not a very original thinker.

Gavin does not appear to be under the illusion that there was a choice, or that this is anything other than what it is.  Meeting in secret and getting CFR taint, or no meeting.  The CFR do seek to end what they see as a threat, and have openly published their plan to do so.  They are not going to be persuaded otherwise as a group, but there may be individuals there that may get a glimpse of what it is like to be in the presence of an honest freethinking person who is working for the common good at great personal risk.
http://www.cfr.org/economics/crs-bitcoin-questions-answers-analysis-legal-issues/p32148?cid=rss-economics-crs__bitcoin__questions,_answe-010614

That the CFR is opposed to everything Bitcoin is and represents is no secret.  Whether they use the events surrounding this meeting to exert overt coercion or try to win some points with charm and displays of wealth and power remains to be seen. (carrot or stick?) Whatever the outcome, another day, another bitcoin.  I wish him well, he has done much good and I will not hold this against him.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:48:17 PM

I've accepted an invitation to do a question and answer session at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) in Washington, DC on Thursday, February 6, 2014.
Congratulations on being invited to speak at the CFR, it's an honor and a milestone for the bitcoin community.

Really? How so, exactly?

Is it because they are a powerful bunch? The Mafia is also a powerful group of people; if they invited Gavin to speak, would you consider that an "honor and a milestone for the bitcoin community"?

Or is it because you believe they are nice, honest people?

Well, it means they are taking note, regardless of their true intentions.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 05:49:17 PM

What is their agenda and who do they work for?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: