Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:15:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 849 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ASIC-RESISTANT] UltraCoin (UTC) - Ultrafast 6 second transactions!!  (Read 946572 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kokes

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:02:14 PM

You just use your cgminer.conf file. Do not rename it either.  For some reason they left 'cgminer' in the code.
Once you know the pool url and port you can fill that in to the conf file.  Then just run like you would cgminer. Tongue

Happy Mining,
Michaela

That's wrong, you have to use https://mega.co.nz/#!AwkFGQRR!LYwU5DXzLeVKyTXpVsNgNifre8ANFxHUVHwgt0Q-rZs this miner, provided by the creator, Bumface and listed on page 28 of this topic

I'm searching on the web to know which flags I have to use

Please report back when you found it:)
michaela_elise

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:07:04 PM

ok, well if you run it with your current cgminer.conf file, it will mine on your current pool.  What else is there?

EDIT:
I am talking about that miner you jackass... I said to run it you use the same .CONF file from cgminer but you will need to edit your pool info once it is released and you have your workers set up
wndsr

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:16:31 PM

Any word on a Linux/SMOS miner yet?
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:17:34 PM

You just use your cgminer.conf file. Do not rename it either.  For some reason they left 'cgminer' in the code.
Once you know the pool url and port you can fill that in to the conf file.  Then just run like you would cgminer. Tongue

Happy Mining,
Michaela

That's wrong, you have to use https://mega.co.nz/#!AwkFGQRR!LYwU5DXzLeVKyTXpVsNgNifre8ANFxHUVHwgt0Q-rZs this miner, provided by the creator, Bumface and listed on page 28 of this topic

thank you both for your answer.

I downloaded it, saw that the .exe is cgminer actually. No .conf in package so I created one and added the stuff as explained in 1st page.

So I feel like it's the same as scrypt mining in terms of process ? I don't really get the subtlety.

And about the bat file, should I input the settings that work for me on scrypt usually (thread cu, intensity, mem clock etc...) ??

I feel like I'm missing something, and I really would like to be ready to mine first second.

Any clear answer ? Maybe from the devs ?
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:19:29 PM

Difficulty retarget changed to :max 200% per 30mins,due to the interest form the mining community

sweet, thank you. looks like it will be a nice week mining utc
tarzan

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:22:27 PM

Any word on a Linux/SMOS miner yet?

When/if it gets on github, I can compile it for 64bit Linux (i7 and AMD optimized).
michaela_elise

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:23:57 PM

Happy Mining,
Michaela

I downloaded it, saw that the .exe is cgminer actually. No .conf in package so I created one and added the stuff as explained in 1st page.

So I feel like it's the same as scrypt mining in terms of process ? I don't really get the subtlety.

And about the bat file, should I input the settings that work for me on scrypt usually (thread cu, intensity, mem clock etc...) ??

I feel like I'm missing something, and I really would like to be ready to mine first second.

The bat is for solo mining.  If you are pool mining, use your file from cgminer.  You are using the same f-ing gpu so the params are the same.  Sure, maybe they added or removed something but your gpu is your gpu.    Once the pool data is known, you will just need to update that in the .conf file.  not the .bat file
spinnaker16

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:30:48 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 02:44:51 PM by spinnaker16

Happy Mining,
Michaela

The bat is for solo mining.  If you are pool mining, use your file from cgminer.  You are using the same f-ing gpu so the params are the same.  Sure, maybe they added or removed something but your gpu is your gpu.    Once the pool data is known, you will just need to update that in the .conf file.  not the .bat file

YOU CAN'T USE NORMAL CG MINER'S FLAGS FOR SCRYPT-JANE MINING!!! You have to use a bat file like this:

ultracoinminer -o pooladdress -u username -p xxxxxx --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 8192

or

cgminer -o pooladdress -u username -p xxxxxx --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 8192
imginy

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:37:59 PM

Happy Mining,
Michaela

The bat is for solo mining.  If you are pool mining, use your file from cgminer.  You are using the same f-ing gpu so the params are the same.  Sure, maybe they added or removed something but your gpu is your gpu.    Once the pool data is known, you will just need to update that in the .conf file.  not the .bat file

I have never used a .config file in cgminer I have always just used a .bat file?
FoBoT

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:42:17 PM

ok, well if you run it with your current cgminer.conf file, it will mine on your current pool.  What else is there?

thank you for your help. if i normally pass command line parameters when using cgminer instead of .conf file , will that also work? it sounds like what you are saying is that the ultracoinminer.exe from the mega link is just a patched and renamed version of cgminer ?  so we can treat ultracoinminer.exe (from the mega link) just as we would our old cgminer.exe, but we include the ----scrypt-jane switch instead of --scrypt ?
if that is so, what about the other new switches in the solo-miner.bat that is in the mega .zip file, the are --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 , do you know what those parameters specify?
unlike the normal cgminer distribution, this .zip does not include a readme.txt listing switches

*Eureka!*  i did ultracoinminer.exe --help and got this output, so perhaps i have answered my own questions

cgminer 3.7.2
Built with GPU scrypt mining support.
Usage: ultracoinminer [-DdGEgIKklpPQqUsTouvwOchnV]
Options for both config file and command line:
--api-allow <arg>   Allow API access only to the given list of [G:]IP[/Prefix] addresses[/subnets]
--api-description <arg> Description placed in the API status header, default: cgminer version
--api-groups <arg>  API one letter groups G:cmd:cmd[,P:cmd:*...] defining the cmds a groups can use
--api-listen        Enable API, default: disabled
--api-mcast         Enable API Multicast listener, default: disabled
--api-mcast-addr <arg> API Multicast listen address
--api-mcast-code <arg> Code expected in the API Multicast message, don't use '-'
--api-mcast-des <arg> Description appended to the API Multicast reply, default: ''
--api-mcast-port <arg> API Multicast listen port (default: 4028)
--api-network       Allow API (if enabled) to listen on/for any address, default: only 127.0.0.1
--api-port <arg>    Port number of miner API (default: 4028)
--auto-fan          Automatically adjust all GPU fan speeds to maintain a target temperature
--auto-gpu          Automatically adjust all GPU engine clock speeds to maintain a target temperature
--balance           Change multipool strategy from failover to even share balance
--benchmark         Run cgminer in benchmark mode - produces no shares
--compact           Use compact display without per device statistics
--debug|-D          Enable debug output
--device|-d <arg>   Select device to use, one value, range and/or comma separated (e.g. 0-2,4) default: all
--disable-gpu|-G    Disable GPU mining even if suitable devices exist
--disable-rejecting Automatically disable pools that continually reject shares
--expiry|-E <arg>   Upper bound on how many seconds after getting work we consider a share from it stale (default: 120)
--failover-only     Don't leak work to backup pools when primary pool is lagging
--fix-protocol      Do not redirect to a different getwork protocol (eg. stratum)
--gpu-dyninterval <arg> Set the refresh interval in ms for GPUs using dynamic intensity (default: 7)
--gpu-platform <arg> Select OpenCL platform ID to use for GPU mining (default: -1)
--gpu-threads|-g <arg> Number of threads per GPU (1 - 10) (default: -1)
--gpu-engine <arg>  GPU engine (over)clock range in Mhz - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 850-900,900,750-850)
--gpu-fan <arg>     GPU fan percentage range - one value, range and/or comma separated list (e.g. 0-85,85,65)
--gpu-map <arg>     Map OpenCL to ADL device order manually, paired CSV (e.g. 1:0,2:1 maps OpenCL 1 to ADL 0, 2 to 1)
--gpu-memclock <arg> Set the GPU memory (over)clock in Mhz - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--gpu-memdiff <arg> Set a fixed difference in clock speed between the GPU and memory in auto-gpu mode
--gpu-powertune <arg> Set the GPU powertune percentage - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--gpu-reorder       Attempt to reorder GPU devices according to PCI Bus ID
--gpu-vddc <arg>    Set the GPU voltage in Volts - one value for all or separate by commas for per card
--lookup-gap <arg>  Set GPU lookup gap for scrypt mining, comma separated
--intensity|-I <arg> Intensity of GPU scanning (d or -10 -> 20,default: d to maintain desktop interactivity)
--kernel-path|-K <arg> Specify a path to where bitstream and kernel files are (default: "/usr/local/bin")
--kernel|-k <arg>   Override sha256 kernel to use (diablo, poclbm, phatk or diakgcn) - one value or comma separated
--load-balance      Change multipool strategy from failover to quota based balance
--log|-l <arg>      Interval in seconds between log output (default: 5)
--lowmem            Minimise caching of shares for low memory applications
--net-delay         Impose small delays in networking to not overload slow routers
--no-adl            Disable the ATI display library used for monitoring and setting GPU parameters
--no-restart        Do not attempt to restart GPUs that hang
--no-submit-stale   Don't submit shares if they are detected as stale
--pass|-p <arg>     Password for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--per-device-stats  Force verbose mode and output per-device statistics
--protocol-dump|-P  Verbose dump of protocol-level activities
--queue|-Q <arg>    Minimum number of work items to have queued (0+) (default: 1)
--quiet|-q          Disable logging output, display status and errors
--quota|-U <arg>    quota;URL combination for server with load-balance strategy quotas
--real-quiet        Disable all output
--remove-disabled   Remove disabled devices entirely, as if they didn't exist
--rotate <arg>      Change multipool strategy from failover to regularly rotate at N minutes (default: 0)
--round-robin       Change multipool strategy from failover to round robin on failure
--scan-time|-s <arg> Upper bound on time spent scanning current work, in seconds (default: -1)
--sched-start <arg> Set a time of day in HH:MM to start mining (a once off without a stop time)
--sched-stop <arg>  Set a time of day in HH:MM to stop mining (will quit without a start time)
--scrypt            Use the scrypt algorithm for mining (litecoin only)
--scrypt-jane       Use the scrypt-jane algorithm for mining
--sj-nfmin <arg>    Set min N factor for mining scrypt-jane (default: 4)
--sj-nfmax <arg>    Set max N factor for mining scrypt-jane (default: 30)
--sj-time <arg>     Set StartTime for mining scrypt-jane (default: 1376184687)
--shaders <arg>     GPU shaders per card for tuning scrypt, comma separated
--sharelog <arg>    Append share log to file
--shares <arg>      Quit after mining N shares (default: unlimited)
--socks-proxy <arg> Set socks4 proxy (host:port)
--temp-cutoff <arg> Temperature where a device will be automatically disabled, one value or comma separated list (default: 95)
--temp-hysteresis <arg> Set how much the temperature can fluctuate outside limits when automanaging speeds (default: 3)
--temp-overheat <arg> Overheat temperature when automatically managing fan and GPU speeds, one value or comma separated list (default: 85)
--temp-target <arg> Target temperature when automatically managing fan and GPU speeds, one value or comma separated list (default: 75)
--text-only|-T      Disable ncurses formatted screen output
--thread-concurrency <arg> Set GPU thread concurrency for scrypt mining, comma separated
--url|-o <arg>      URL for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--user|-u <arg>     Username for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--vectors|-v <arg>  Override detected optimal vector (1, 2 or 4) - one value or comma separated list
--verbose           Log verbose output to stderr as well as status output
--worksize|-w <arg> Override detected optimal worksize - one value or comma separated list
--userpass|-O <arg> Username:Password pair for bitcoin JSON-RPC server
--worktime          Display extra work time debug information
Options for command line only:
--config|-c <arg>   Load a JSON-format configuration file
See example.conf for an example configuration.
--default-config <arg> Specify the filename of the default config file
Loaded at start and used when saving without a name.
--help|-h           Print this message
--ndevs|-n          Display number of detected GPUs, OpenCL platform information, and exit
--version|-V        Display version and exit
imginy

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:47:45 PM

Happy Mining,
Michaela

The bat is for solo mining.  If you are pool mining, use your file from cgminer.  You are using the same f-ing gpu so the params are the same.  Sure, maybe they added or removed something but your gpu is your gpu.    Once the pool data is known, you will just need to update that in the .conf file.  not the .bat file

YOU CAN'T USE CG MINER FOR SCRYPT-JANE MINING!!! You have to use a bat file like this:

ultracoinminer -o pooladdress -u username -p xxxxxx --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 8192

That's helpful so I just use this exact line except for changing the user name pass?  Does this (--sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600) need changing at all?

Best help so far I will send you 1000 doge if you give me your address.   
FoBoT

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:52:23 PM

does scrypt-jane also require to do

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

?

thank you
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:54:48 PM

does scrypt-jane also require to do

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

?

thank you
No
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:04:33 PM

Can I use GUIminer for this?
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:05:31 PM

"api-listen" : true,
"intensity" : "18",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "512",
"kernel" : "scrypt-jane",
"failover-only" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"temp-overheat" : "80",
"temp-target" : "75",
"expiry" : "30",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt-jane" : true,
"sj-nfmin" : "4",
"sj-nfmax" : "30",
"sj-time" : "1388361600",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shaders" : "2816",
"thread-concurrency" : "32765",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-thread" : "1",
"sharethreads" : "32",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "940",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500"
}

ill try this
spinnaker16

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:08:39 PM

Happy Mining,
Michaela

YOU CAN'T USE CG MINER FOR SCRYPT-JANE MINING!!! You have to use a bat file like this:

That's helpful so I just use this exact line except for changing the user name pass?  Does this (--sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600) need changing at all?

Best help so far I will send you 1000 doge if you give me your address.   

Wow

DNM97DpqWVVHyC6yF1M4z1LvRnAjTwXzP7
reverse02

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:11:31 PM

Looking to but 1LTC worth of UTC. Please PM me if interested!

I just want to start mining these asap Cheesy

Cheers,
Bully

UTC trading will start on crypto trade form 7 feb, pairs will be UTC/BTC   ,  UTC/USD and UTC/EUR

Will we get the miner before the release or at the same time as the launch?

this is the miner

https://mega.co.nz/#!AwkFGQRR!LYwU5DXzLeVKyTXpVsNgNifre8ANFxHUVHwgt0Q-rZs

what input do i need to write there??
i have 4 radeon 7950 attached
only used guiminer until now

Read the OP mate....It's there  Wink

thx, but i'm not sure what info you mean - as i'm quite naked regarding coding/comand line input
i don't want to solo mine ... i want to mine with gpu on a pool
just like guiminer ... would love if theres a possibility to just copy some files to guiminer folder or so

or maybe it's very easy with the ultracoinminer.exe .. dont know
when i open the .exe it asks to input the poolserver adress and the usr/pass
ok ... but whats next
the program just quits ..
maybe because i didnt insert valid info yet? (as i didnt register on the pool yet)
does it mine with my 4 cards/cores?

lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:11:40 PM

"api-listen" : true,
"intensity" : "18",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "512",
"kernel" : "scrypt-jane",
"failover-only" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "85",
"temp-overheat" : "80",
"temp-target" : "75",
"expiry" : "30",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"retry-pause" : "5",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt-jane" : true,
"sj-nfmin" : "4",
"sj-nfmax" : "30",
"sj-time" : "1388361600",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shaders" : "2816",
"thread-concurrency" : "32765",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-thread" : "1",
"sharethreads" : "32",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "940",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500"
}

ill try this

how do i add the username, pass, and url in this format? cause id like to try this

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
exterzyn

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:14:04 PM

Here is my own configuration that gives about 410 KH/s with HD7970

First create a .bat file and rename it to something you like, for example run.bat

ultracoinminer -o pool.example.com:3223 -u username -p password --scrypt-jane --sj-nfmin 4 --sj-nfmax 30 --sj-time 1388361600 --intensity 13 --vectors 1 --worksize 256 --lookup-gap 0 --thread-concurrency 8192 --shaders 0 --gpu-engine 0-0 --gpu-fan 0-45 --gpu-memclock 0 --gpu-memdiff 0 --gpu-powertune 0 --gpu-vddc 0.000 --temp-cutoff 95 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 75 --expiry 120 --gpu-dyninterval 7 --gpu-platform 0 --gpu-threads 2 --hotplug 5 --log 5 --queue 1 --scan-time 60 --temp-hysteresis 3 --shares 0

Save and run!
bumface (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:15:58 PM

i always edit the .conf with notepad++, and have a clean and simple.bat, this way you can swap .conf for another coin or pool.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 849 »
  Print  

Jump to: