Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:49:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SheepOnDrugs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:56:17 AM

Not entirely true. You can deactivate one GPU in cgminer and use it in another instance.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:57:51 PM

Not entirely true. You can deactivate one GPU in cgminer and use it in another instance.

Yes, that is another option. The point is that your aren't limited as it seems from first view.

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:58:57 PM

How do I setup for vert and jane n factor?

Use different (forked) cgminer - usually you can get it in a thread where new coin is advertised.

aha, I thought so, just want sure. and is it correct that we can only advertise it one scrypt/nfacter ect  at a time?

I suppose it means a whole lot more programming for you to have more than one as they will all be priced differently! Although on the other side, you are particularly good at programming!

And extremely developer minded.  I can mine any coin and mine CPU+GPU+VANITY on the same rig.  But no chance for support on multi-mining to maximize provider profits.

All these algorithms utilize video cards. If you put 2 instances of cgminer with different algos on same rig, then they both suffer with reduced speed.

If there is CPU miner that uses cgminers API for pool management, then you can utilize CPU aswell. Here is the idea how; you run 2 instances of cgminer with different api port for each one, one should be doing GPU algo, another one CPU algo. Both can be listed on LeaseRig.net and both can be rented at any time.

I'll look if there is anything like a cgminer api for a cpu coin. 

I get the same performance based on 10 rigs tested over 7 day periods running scrypt, scrypt+cpu, scrypt+cpu+vanity.  It's not scrypt or the primary function that suffers it's the additional ones.

So instead of getting scrypt.  That's it. Scrypt out of a rig.  I can get scrypt + CPU mining at a reduced rate + vanity mining using the spare cycles of the GPU/CPU all with no performance decrease on scrypt.

Fattox

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:29:41 PM

I think some people had trouble getting CGwatcher configured to play nice with LeaseRigs. I certainly had to make quite a few changes to my profiles to get it running correctly. I spoke to Djezo in PM's and he asked me to post my setup here to maybe push people in the right direction.

Basically, to use CGWatcher, i simply only use the miner .conf file to hold my pool addresses, nothing else. Every other parameter should be defined in "CGwatcher > Profiles > Miner Arguments" field. That way, these parameters will override anything given in the .conf (except pool addresses), to avoid changes being made that could affect hashrate,which i read has happened to some people here. Make sure you also point the CGwatcher profile to the correct .conf (or you will have no pools!), not sure if this can have a custom name, since the argument isn't present (since CGwatcher throws it in a seperate field).

Here's an example of my initial configuration.

Example .conf:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://panda.united-miners.com:3311",
"user" : "Fattox.DigRig2",
"pass" : "x"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://panda.nitro.org:3338",
}
]
}

Example parameters in CGwatcher:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow W:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7778 --failover-only --expiry 2 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --gpu-threads 1 --intensity 20 --vectors 1 --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 24550 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20

Then after rental, your rig will switch back to the pools you define in the rig profile @ the LeaseRigs admin panel. So after the initial configuration, you probably never need to touch the .conf again... though i would always keep a backup, as you may need to re-copy it if your rig somehow restarts and the lease job never ends, or something, because then your own pools would possibly not be added back (or so i imagine!).

This was another important point, before i had access to the admin panel (which required the BTC deposit, etc), i had no idea how switching back to my own pools would work. It's a nice system, but this point should be highlighted more clearly in the guide. It certainly would have taken some of my worries while i was sending my deposit! Smiley
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 12:34:05 PM

Is this compatible with save command? Let me know once your first renting period is over. Then I will quote it in first post.

daGrumpf

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:36:00 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2014, 04:07:01 PM by daGrumpf

Hi,
i'm newbie here

You can choose whatever port you want, but you have to keep exactly IP 89.212.242.33. You can modify and create access rules. Following commands are needed to provide full functionality: summary, pools, switchpool, addpool, removepool, restart, save. Read API-README.txt in cgminer directory to get more details about cgminer API and how to configure access rules.

After checking API-README.txt, following should work:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777

or in (c|s)gminer.conf add those 3 lines
Code:
"api-port" : "7777",
"api-groups" : "P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*",
"api-allow" : "P:89.212.242.33",

FYI, for those using BAMT, the save call in the api will create a new cgminer.conf under /.cgminer/cgminer.conf  .
This is of course useless since BAMT starts cgminer pointed to /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf
[...]
Login to your BAMT box using ssh and perform the following:
sudo crontab -e
Add the following to the bottom of the crontab (This will check for updates every 5 minutes and only overwrite when changes are made)
Code:
*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1
Exit (and save)

Eerrrk, I pref a on the fly write , linking running config to default save path

for bamt with cgminer
Code:
sudo [ -f /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf ] && rm -f /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf ; ln -s /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf /root/.cgminer/cgminer.conf

for bamt with sgminer
Code:
sudo [ -f /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf ] && rm -f /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf ; ln -s /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf /root/.sgminer/sgminer.conf

this will be better
Fattox

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:42:44 AM

By the way, if i "disable" my rig in the admin panel, will it stop my current customer from renting/mining? I want to take a rig down later today to add some more RAM after his rental finishes, but obviously don't want to cut him off early. I want to disable the chance that someone rents it after his period has ended, otherwise i need to wait longer for the upgrade.  Grin

Cheers.

PS - Is there a way to message your customers or get them to leave feedback? I've had some customers already (1 ended in fact) but wonder if any will give feedback in my thread if they saw me from LeaseRigs.com and not from the forum/sig links?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:37:58 PM

You can contact customer by the email.

You cannot disable rig when it is in lease mode. What you can do is higher your prices or remove renting plans - that will make it impossible to be rented again.

BeeFer310

Activity: 75

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 08:42:21 PM

I tried to setup a new miner.
When I run the test it give me this error:

Code:
FAILED STATUS=E,When=1392928585,Code=67,Msg=Cannot remove active pool 0:'stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Any thoughts about this?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:10:21 PM

I tried to setup a new miner.
When I run the test it give me this error:

Code:
FAILED STATUS=E,When=1392928585,Code=67,Msg=Cannot remove active pool 0:'stratum+tcp://eu.wafflepool.com:3333',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Any thoughts about this?

Retry the test after some minutes. Looks like the testing pool isn't working well right now. This does not mean your rig isn't properly configured. If you properly configured your first rig, there should be no issues with second one (as long as you did same configuration).

lobo13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Check my sign for more MHs

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:28:22 PM

I have a problem, my two rigs connect to leaserig but for some reason it freezes cgwatcher, and i connet strait with cgminer and it works for a couple hours then it shuts down ports am using 7777,7778 anybody can help me to solve this issue???

✿✿✿ Rent & Hire Mining Rigs✿✿✿
  Scrypt ▪ SHA256 ▪ Scrypt-Jane ▪ Keccak (SHA-3) ▪ Scrypt-A-nFactor ▪ X11 ▪ Quark
★Click here★

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:49:49 PM

I have a problem, my two rigs connect to leaserig but for some reason it freezes cgwatcher, and i connet strait with cgminer and it works for a couple hours then it shuts down ports am using 7777,7778 anybody can help me to solve this issue???

Try with this:

I think some people had trouble getting CGwatcher configured to play nice with LeaseRigs. I certainly had to make quite a few changes to my profiles to get it running correctly. I spoke to Djezo in PM's and he asked me to post my setup here to maybe push people in the right direction.

Basically, to use CGWatcher, i simply only use the miner .conf file to hold my pool addresses, nothing else. Every other parameter should be defined in "CGwatcher > Profiles > Miner Arguments" field. That way, these parameters will override anything given in the .conf (except pool addresses), to avoid changes being made that could affect hashrate,which i read has happened to some people here. Make sure you also point the CGwatcher profile to the correct .conf (or you will have no pools!), not sure if this can have a custom name, since the argument isn't present (since CGwatcher throws it in a seperate field).

Here's an example of my initial configuration.

Example .conf:
Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://panda.united-miners.com:3311",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://panda.nitro.org:3338",
}
]
}

Example parameters in CGwatcher:
Code:
--api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:* --api-listen --api-allow W:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7778 --failover-only --expiry 2 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --gpu-threads 1 --intensity 20 --vectors 1 --worksize 256 --thread-concurrency 24550 --gpu-engine 1000 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20

Then after rental, your rig will switch back to the pools you define in the rig profile @ the LeaseRigs admin panel. So after the initial configuration, you probably never need to touch the .conf again... though i would always keep a backup, as you may need to re-copy it if your rig somehow restarts and the lease job never ends, or something, because then your own pools would possibly not be added back (or so i imagine!).

This was another important point, before i had access to the admin panel (which required the BTC deposit, etc), i had no idea how switching back to my own pools would work. It's a nice system, but this point should be highlighted more clearly in the guide. It certainly would have taken some of my worries while i was sending my deposit! Smiley

boubou

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:23:45 PM

Ok, so I gave it a try, and do some tests.

All tests are good, but it stop on

Testing command "pools"... FAILED

My test was done on a computer of the same network, but not the one with the rig on it. The rig is on Bamt and I did not have a browser on it.

This is my Cgminer.conf
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": "4028",
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1,L:89.212.242.33",
    "api-groups": "L:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*",

Any advice?

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:41:09 PM

Ok, so I gave it a try, and do some tests.

All tests are good, but it stop on

Testing command "pools"... FAILED

My test was done on a computer of the same network, but not the one with the rig on it. The rig is on Bamt and I did not have a browser on it.

This is my Cgminer.conf
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-port": "4028",
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1,L:89.212.242.33",
    "api-groups": "L:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*",

Any advice?

Check if your cgminer has started up in 60 seconds. It may happen that wemineltc pool is unstable and causes cgminer not to startup at all. You can manually verify if you passed the test by checking generated cgminer.conf file. wemineltc pool should be added in while all your other pools removed. If this is the case, then you successfully completed the test.

boubou

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:06:37 PM

I use bamt, where should be the new cgminer.conf?

The former one was in /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf

The save status was successful so I shoul see a file somewhere if I understand correctly.

BEHNZiP6UZunp41vurNaQi4r2hvgG57yzi : BdG
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:52:51 PM

I use bamt, where should be the new cgminer.conf?

The former one was in /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf

The save status was successful so I shoul see a file somewhere if I understand correctly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417092.msg5236395#msg5236395

secbul

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:16:16 PM

After CHECKING

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp

All test done passed. Ok etc etc...

But my pool stuck at wemineltc  pool.. I had to manually change to my pool again. Is it ok ?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:21:33 PM

After CHECKING

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp

All test done passed. Ok etc etc...

But my pool stuck at wemineltc  pool.. I had to manually change to my pool again. Is it ok ?

Yes, this is OK.

fforforest

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:48:19 PM

Anyone have any experience getting KNCminer's Jupiter working with this?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Try to contact existing 2 providers with jupiters. I heard that it is actually pretty simple.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: