Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33378 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:21:31 PM

Nice, thanks for pointing that out.

So if/when we suffer an internet or power outage and a lease gets interrupted, how is the customer service handled. Does the lease time get auto-extended to cover the outage?

No, because LeaseRig cannot record reliably whether outage really happened (can be other reasons such as temporary lost connection with LeaseRig).

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I find my "trust thread"? I've been poking around and doing searches but cannot figure it out. Huh

UPDATE: Oh for crying out loud, I just saw the link at the lower left side....  Grin

Create one. Check my signature for example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BuildTheFuture

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:46:50 PM

On my rigs not currently leased, I'm seeing more use of the backup pool than usual. Does the proxy load balance between the pools or try to always use the 1st pool if it's up?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:13:54 PM

On my rigs not currently leased, I'm seeing more use of the backup pool than usual. Does the proxy load balance between the pools or try to always use the 1st pool if it's up?

Always use first pool - as soon as it is able to connect to first one, it will terminate connection with the other one and make miner connect to first one.

BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:22:10 PM

Yeah I found the problem, some ports were mapped wrong on my router.
BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:11:32 PM

Pools.conf will get overwritten with your default pools when lease is over.

Is there a bit of a time delay for this to occur? I had a lease expire several minutes ago, but it is still mining the customer's pool and pools.conf isn't updated so far on my proxy server.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:13:30 PM

Is there a bit of a time delay for this to occur? I had a lease expire several minutes ago, but it is still mining the customer's pool and pools.conf isn't updated so far on my proxy server.

[2014-03-07T22:29:19.403+0100] [glassfish 4.0] [INFO] [] [engine.main] [tid: _ThreadID=210 _ThreadName=Thread-45] [timeMillis: 1394227759403] [levelValue: 800] [[
  Lease on mining rig A1Ant03 (SHA256 200.00 GH/s) terminated!]]

[2014-03-07T22:29:25.901+0100] [glassfish 4.0] [WARNING] [] [engine.psthread] [tid: _ThreadID=915 _ThreadName=Thread-145] [timeMillis: 1394227765901] [levelValue: 900] [[
  Failed to find pools on miner: A1Ant03 (SHA256 200.00 GH/s)]]

Looks like your default pool was not correct? Could you drop me a PM with image how you have it configured in admin panel?

BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:26:23 PM

PM sent
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:18:48 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 05:16:56 PM by ebliever

Errhh, OK, so I'm new and trying to get things set up. I got the BAT file running and somehow got CGWATCHER running with my backup pools in action. I can see the stats updating on my backup pool  (Wafflepool) so that part seems OK.

But I haven't figured out how to run a test yet - whatever port I try just gets a failure to connect. In the meantime, I see my miner (Strongminer in Scrypt) listed on the page of rigs available for lease! Is it a safe bet that I have things set up correctly if it is listed and running my personal pools, even if I can't test it? Or should I shut it down until I'm more confident things will work if it gets rented?

Thanks!

UPDATE:
Two people have done 1-hour rentals since I posted this (I would have shut down after the first, but was out wrestling a goat...). The first one had a lot of trouble of some sort judging from what I could see, although at least part of the time it seemed to be running OK for him. I'm offering a refund though. The 2nd one seems to be working OK. So I asked the first if the problem might have been with their configuration or if they were confident they knew what they were doing.

One other oddity: at some point during the first rental the system rebooted and the Windows font size shrank to the smallest setting. I have no idea why that would happen, as it's not happened before and is something I've never messed with either related to mining or otherwise.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:37:33 PM

Errhh, OK, so I'm new and trying to get things set up. I got the BAT file running and somehow got CGWATCHER running with my backup pools in action. I can see the stats updating on my backup pool  (Wafflepool) so that part seems OK.

But I haven't figured out how to run a test yet - whatever port I try just gets a failure to connect. In the meantime, I see my miner (Strongminer in Scrypt) listed on the page of rigs available for lease! Is it a safe bet that I have things set up correctly if it is listed and running my personal pools, even if I can't test it? Or should I shut it down until I'm more confident things will work if it gets rented?

Thanks!

UPDATE:
Two people have done 1-hour rentals since I posted this (I would have shut down after the first, but was out wrestling a goat...). The first one had a lot of trouble of some sort judging from what I could see, although at least part of the time it seemed to be running OK for him. I'm offering a refund though. The 2nd one seems to be working OK. So I asked the first if the problem might have been with their configuration or if they were confident they knew what they were doing.

One other oddity: at some point during the first rental the system rebooted and the Windows font size shrank to the smallest setting. I have no idea why that would happen, as it's not happened before and is something I've never messed with either related to mining or otherwise.

If you use method B, it is strongly suggested to run the test - so you know whether your config will save pools in case of rig failures so you do not loose customers pools.

Method A (LRP) does not need any test performed. It will work out of the box.

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 06:44:55 PM

I wound up using the LRP option as I couldn't figure out the other option quickly. I gave a refund to the first renter. Just hope things are stable from here out. Thanks a lot for your excellent feedback and help.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:57:36 PM

New LeaseRigProxy version released:

v0.5b
- connection keep-alive with LeaseRig (eliminate connection timeout
  with some routers/firwalls/OSs)
- share calculation time is now 10 minutes (previous 5 minutes)
- increased buffer for saved shares (to eliminate low speed error
  with large rigs when doing low diff shares)

Thanks to several providers helping me catch the issues so I could fix them. Basically, this update is recommended to be installed by anyone, unless you really have no issues with LRP. But if you do notice one of following, then you should install it:
- if your connection with LeaseRig is constantly timing out
- if you have large rig (7+ mhs) this version correctly displays hashing speed calculated out of shares when you are mining on pool with low diff shares

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:53:28 AM

Suggestion: Could the Status column of rigs have an indicator for each rig as to whether the hashrate is direct from CGminer or based on shares accepted (and thus fluctuating)? (Such as a D or A in each column?) That might reassure renters if they see numbers a bit off from the rating of each rig. (There should also be an explanation of the difference somewhere for new readers.)

Better yet, would be to make the field a link to the stats page of each rig (like we can see from the admin panel), so they can verify the rig's performance more accurately. [UPDATE: Never mind, I see that this very graph appears when you click "Hire"!]

I am a little concerned because Leaserig seems to be reporting a hashrate a little lower than (1) what I see in CGminer and CGWatcher and (2) lower than what Wafflepool is reporting. (I assume my hashrate is being measured by Accepts rate.) I'm getting 3.74 Mhash (vs. the 3.7 rating I gave it on Leaserig) for Strongminer in CGWatcher, and Wafflepool (my backup pool) has been reporting somewhat higher Mhash than I see at any given time on the Leaserig page. My accepts/minute is as good as ever on Wafflepool and things are running well. So any idea what might be happening or what I could do about it?

(BTW, I am on a tight bandwidth cap for internet, so I have to avoid anything that might boost traffic on my rig; since I assume a direct hashrate measurement from CGMiner would involve frequent extra data transfer I'd like to avoid it if possible.)

WireIT

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:00:56 PM

Same here. I had a lease run out at 1:14am and it was not able to change back to my pool info. The last person that rented from me ended up with 7.5 free hours until I noticed and manually deleted his pools. He had about 8 pools configured and I could delete all but one. I could also see it swapping to his backup pools as I was deleting from the top of the list, but the last pool would not delete.

I had to edit the pools.conf in order to get my pool back up.

Rent my rigs at LeaseRig.net - ProxIT01 : ProxIT02
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:54:17 PM

Same here. I had a lease run out at 1:14am and it was not able to change back to my pool info. The last person that rented from me ended up with 7.5 free hours until I noticed and manually deleted his pools. He had about 8 pools configured and I could delete all but one. I could also see it swapping to his backup pools as I was deleting from the top of the list, but the last pool would not delete.

I had to edit the pools.conf in order to get my pool back up.

After checking out BuildTheFuture default pools - te issue was he had pools with final slash at the end - this is incorrect URL for stratum. Make sure your URL is correct.

Last pool cannot be deleted - same as with cgminer - you cant delete last pool out.

pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:23:51 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 02:40:07 PM by pajak666

If I want my LRP to be able to calculate speed from connected rigs I have to add:
Code:
--api-listen --api-allow W:192.168.1.110 --api-port 7777
??
192.168.1.110 is my cgminer pointed to the LRP
But it does not work, anyone could elaborate how to menage LRP to read speed from cgminer?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:42:19 PM

Allow-ip has to be IP of your proxy.

the.rx78

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:19:02 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 10:08:35 PM by the.rx78

-edit- nevermind
BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:29:42 AM

Could you add an feature to the emails whenever a customer pays with DOGE, also include the equivalent current BTC amount. Or would an auto-trade to BTC be possible?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:35:10 AM

You get mail with amount paid saying either BTC or DOGE.

gsupp

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:58:42 PM

You get mail with amount paid saying either BTC or DOGE.

Awesome work on adding Doge payments! Any plans to add Litecoin?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: