Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
driller

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 05:50:40 PM

Restart has so far haven't been put into use, due to obvious issues with R9 cards. You don't have to permit it for now, but even if you do, nothing will be different, because the site never uses it.

sgminer and Kalroth's cgminer branch has the fix for R9 cards.
SheepOnDrugs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:08:05 PM

I'm currently thinking about renting my 3.6 MHash on there.
If I provide api port, wouldn't that make other people able to change the pool even after their contract ran out or am I missing something here?
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:33:13 AM

I'm currently thinking about renting my 3.6 MHash on there.
If I provide api port, wouldn't that make other people able to change the pool even after their contract ran out or am I missing something here?

Only if service permitted that. But it doesn't. When lease expires, customer does not get access to management page anymore and all attempts are invalid.

SheepOnDrugs

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:21:36 PM

Oh okay, that sounds great. Probably will PM you soon.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:43:12 PM

Updated first post (check 4th step!).

ozoner

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 10:39:44 AM

Is there any quick way of resetting "connection stability" ??  I stupidly didn't take my rig offline when it was down for maintenance, and now it looks like my rig is unreliable when it's not.

Perhaps a "reset" button?

Thanks.

Sign up to hire altcoin Mining Rigs! http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=166 Lease my Scrypt mining rigs : http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?fprovider=ozoner
My Reputation thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431294.0
Send me BTC : 1Q7CodAkY4VqgNGkM2YbCEsBeUhA5qJDFf
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 11:36:11 AM

If there was a reset button, everyone would be clicking it to improve their stats. Stats are reset every day, dont worry.

dalenorman2005

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:47:33 PM

My eyes are crossing after reading all 50+ pages of the main lease rigs thread hunting for a solution to my dilemma.  i use SMOS 1.3 and am struggling to keep my renter's rigs on their pools and not switching back to my pools. 

I'm offering a tip to anyone who can walk me through it LIKE I'M A CHILD.  i mean, i'm not an idiot, but as we're talking about linux here, assume i am an idiot.  a complete idiot when it comes to linux.

that said, here's what i've got so far:

-IP and port forwarding working fine.
-permission to my cgminer API working fine, i think, using these entries in my cgconfig:
"api-allow" : "L:89.212.242.33,W:127.0.0.1",
"api-groups" : "L:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:save:*"

-when i run the new TEST recently added to the HOW-TO guide, Verify your work (if all is properly configured) by visiting following URL from rig PC (must be same PC!):

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp?port=7777
(replace 7777 with port of your choice)

i get this response...

Testing command "summary"... result:
STATUS=S,When=1391714647,Code=11,Msg=Summary,Description=cgminer 3.7.2|SUMMARY,Elapsed=47225,MHS av=2.60,MHS 5s=2.63,Found Blocks=12,Getworks=3158,Accepted=1783,Rejected=43,Hardware Errors=0,Utility=2.27,Discarded=3124,Stale=0,Get Failures=0,Local Work=26467,Remote Failures=0,Network Blocks=2136,Total MH=122711.1793,Work Utility=2369.14,Difficulty Accepted=1825792.00000000,Difficulty Rejected=44032.00000000,Difficulty Stale=0.00000000,Best Share=743051,Device Hardware%=0.0000,Device Rejected%=2.3614,Pool Rejected%=2.3549,Pool Stale%=0.0000|

Testing command "save"... result:
STATUS=S,When=1391714647,Code=44,Msg=Configuration saved to file '//.cgminer/cgminer.conf',Description=cgminer 3.7.2|

Notice the path where the file is saved... this represents a problem described elsewhere in the HOW-TO... so i SSH'ed into the machine and added this as a CRON job...

*/5 * * * * cp -u /.cgminer/cgminer.conf /etc/bamt/cgminer.conf >/dev/null 2>&1

my cgconfig file contains my primary and backup pools.  if i remove them, i can't start cgminer as it complains that there are no pools defined.  i find it odd that i also can define my primary and backup pools on the leaserig.net administration page.  i don't understand why i have to repeat the same steps in both places.  if leaserig can force a renter's pool onto my rig via the API, why can't it force my own pool to my rig when a rental is not taking place? 

anyways....

From all of these steps, i THINK my rigs should successfully save the pool info into my local cgconfig when a rental starts, and remove it when it ends.  It might actually  be working, but i'm reluctant to test much because all my rigs are rented for 72 hours.  i made most of these changes during the current rental, so i may have done so too late.  regardless, my rigs are currently NOT remaining on my renter's pools.  If they reboot or if the renters pool is momentarily inaccessible, my rigs will flip to my pools and never return.  Ive resorted to manually specifying my renter's pools in my local cgconfig.  i'll have to manually remove them at the end of the rental.

I'm looking for someone to work directly with me to ensure that i've set this up correctly.  you have to be running SMOS 1.3 for this to apply to you - if you have windows or another build of linux, the path to CGMINER.conf may be different.

my rigs are rented until late tonight, so i won't be making any changes until tomorrow morning, say 10am Eastern Standard Time.  ideally, i'd like to work with someone at about that time.

i can share my screen with you via join.me, where you can then ssh into my rig with my cooperation.  i need to learn how to resolve this for myself to repeat on my other rigs.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:55:04 PM

Updated first post; verification is now intense and will tell you how far you have configured everything;

http://leaserig.net/rigtest.jsp

It is advised that even existing providers try it to make sure everything is in place. But do it when your rig is NOT rented!.

salsamoves

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:51:48 PM

How do I setup for vert and jane n factor?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:14:02 PM

Use different (forked) cgminer - usually you can get it in a thread where new coin is advertised.

salsamoves

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 03:53:26 PM

Use different (forked) cgminer - usually you can get it in a thread where new coin is advertised.

aha, I thought so, just want sure. and is it correct that we can only advertise it one scrypt/nfacter ect  at a time?

I suppose it means a whole lot more programming for you to have more than one as they will all be priced differently! Although on the other side, you are particularly good at programming!
Squirreljester

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:14:15 PM

OK, I have a dedicated rig that's Linux, and I'm using CGRemote to monitor it. I had this all set up and working fine, before I got CGRemote. Now I can't figure out how to set them both up to work together. Here's my old line:

./cgminer --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777 --scrypt blah blah card config blah

So, P is the leaserig group, and I've gathered that I need to make another group for CGRemote, we'll use W. So, I've got (LOCALIP in place of my local IP address, I don't want to post that):

./cgminer --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,W:LOCALIP --api-port 7777 --scrypt blah blah card config blah

The only thing I'm confused about is the port part. Page 2 of this thread is where I got this config from, except for how to enter the port. Do I have to specify that group W uses port 4028 or no because it's a default port? How do I tell --api-port that group P uses 7777 and group W uses 4028? Or is the entry "W:LOCALIP" enough for it to accept access from that IP using the default 4028 port? Don't you have to at least define that W group in the --api-groups string?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:46:12 PM

aha, I thought so, just want sure. and is it correct that we can only advertise it one scrypt/nfacter ect  at a time?

I suppose it means a whole lot more programming for you to have more than one as they will all be priced differently! Although on the other side, you are particularly good at programming!

You can only advertise for one algorithm, never for more. Reasons are simple; my service can't swap your cgminers (there is no such API in cgminer) and you may have different pricing plans for different algorithms.

But I gave all providers ability to swap between algos quickly. Just look what market needs and put on what is needed to max your profit. That is all.

OK, I have a dedicated rig that's Linux, and I'm using CGRemote to monitor it. I had this all set up and working fine, before I got CGRemote. Now I can't figure out how to set them both up to work together. Here's my old line:

./cgminer --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33 --api-port 7777 --scrypt blah blah card config blah

So, P is the leaserig group, and I've gathered that I need to make another group for CGRemote, we'll use W. So, I've got (LOCALIP in place of my local IP address, I don't want to post that):

./cgminer --api-groups P:switchpool:addpool:removepool:restart:* --api-listen --api-allow P:89.212.242.33,W:LOCALIP --api-port 7777 --scrypt blah blah card config blah

The only thing I'm confused about is the port part. Page 2 of this thread is where I got this config from, except for how to enter the port. Do I have to specify that group W uses port 4028 or no because it's a default port? How do I tell --api-port that group P uses 7777 and group W uses 4028? Or is the entry "W:LOCALIP" enough for it to accept access from that IP using the default 4028 port? Don't you have to at least define that W group in the --api-groups string?

Port can be one only. All remote connections will use that port, no matter from which IP.

Squirreljester

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 07:50:22 PM

Port can be one only. All remote connections will use that port, no matter from which IP.
Ah, so I'd have to change the port that CGRemote uses to 7777?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:07:59 AM

Ah, so I'd have to change the port that CGRemote uses to 7777?

Or set port 4028 on leaserig, your choice, doesn't matter.

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:00:54 AM

If you have linux miner, there is a way to achieve this, but unfortunately since I have no linux, I cannot test any possible solution. If someone here knows what exactly to do, it would be very nice to share and I will update my post with linux instructions.

PM me if you have this issue.

3. STEP: Make sure miner is visible outside

If your mining rig is behind router (NAT), you need to configure your NAT. Forward API port of cgminer.

Once you configure NAT, you can verify cgminer API port here: http://www.checkmyports.net/
It must say OPENED, if not, then it is still closed and you did something wrong.

If that test passes you have successfully given EVERYONE access to your miner!

4. STEP: Verification

Verify your work (if all is properly configured) by visiting following URL from rig PC (must be same PC!):

If you run secure linux miners (because you like your customers) there is no way to do this.

1 IP per rig on headless linux boxes.  Can't interact with a JSP page.  X-tunneling and VNC are really not worth the effort when there is easier ways to test.

I can't wait to get reply deleted in my Inbox.

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 03:20:15 AM

aha, I thought so, just want sure. and is it correct that we can only advertise it one scrypt/nfacter ect  at a time?

And extremely developer minded.  I can mine any coin and mine CPU+GPU+VANITY on the same rig.  But no chance for support on multi-mining to maximize provider profits.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:00:48 AM

If you have linux miner, there is a way to achieve this, but unfortunately since I have no linux, I cannot test any possible solution. If someone here knows what exactly to do, it would be very nice to share and I will update my post with linux instructions.

PM me if you have this issue.

3. STEP: Make sure miner is visible outside

If your mining rig is behind router (NAT), you need to configure your NAT. Forward API port of cgminer.

Once you configure NAT, you can verify cgminer API port here: http://www.checkmyports.net/
It must say OPENED, if not, then it is still closed and you did something wrong.

If that test passes you have successfully given EVERYONE access to your miner!

4. STEP: Verification

Verify your work (if all is properly configured) by visiting following URL from rig PC (must be same PC!):

If you run secure linux miners (because you like your customers) there is no way to do this.

1 IP per rig on headless linux boxes.  Can't interact with a JSP page.  X-tunneling and VNC are really not worth the effort when there is easier ways to test.

I can't wait to get reply deleted in my Inbox.

3. STEP - not true, you limit access by IP - to LeaseRig.net only. Besides that, LeaseRig.net is only allowed to execute commands you listed in cgminer config. How hard is to understand that?

4. STEP - it is not question whether you can interact with JSP page, but if you have HTTP browser or if you can send and receive HTTP requests. On headless linux, you would need to read HTTP response in text I believe. This step is not mandatory; providers that would like to make sure they configured their rigs correctly would run it.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:03:38 AM

And extremely developer minded.  I can mine any coin and mine CPU+GPU+VANITY on the same rig.  But no chance for support on multi-mining to maximize provider profits.

All these algorithms utilize video cards. If you put 2 instances of cgminer with different algos on same rig, then they both suffer with reduced speed.

If there is CPU miner that uses cgminers API for pool management, then you can utilize CPU aswell. Here is the idea how; you run 2 instances of cgminer with different api port for each one, one should be doing GPU algo, another one CPU algo. Both can be listed on LeaseRig.net and both can be rented at any time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: