Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:04:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33381 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:26:08 PM

maybe you could try with apt-get install?

Indeed, that would be the way...

Dreadfully sorry, and somewhat embarrassed to be asking this...

what, precisely, would someone type in order to download and install the required library?  I mean, hypothetically, for someone with no knowledge of linux... i mean, you know, for a friend of mine, not me.  definitely not me....

My friend is 5, so instructions for a 5 year old would be best.  and not a smart 5 year old...

Maybe this can help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10863613/how-to-upgrade-glibc-from-version-2-13-to-2-15-on-debian

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BuildTheFuture

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:12:48 PM

Hi, is anyone successful in getting an Antminer S1 to allow full cgminer API access so that you don't have to use the proxy software? So far mine will allow the status check but denies access to other commands.
Brassguy

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:37:52 PM

Is there anyway to set the maximum share difficulty for the proxy?

15xNxXy2PfFv3rz8rnfkV6L7WQiwuYax2K
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:52:32 PM

Share is implied by pool, proxy only forwards data, nothing more. When you use several workers on proxy, then several connections are established. At the end, it is same as if using several direct connections to the pool with same username.

BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:26:53 PM

If we want to keep everything separate, is it ok to run one copy of the proxy program for each rig, on a separate port? Also what if we have both SHA256 and scrypt rigs, do we run separate proxies for each? Is it possible to specify different pools.conf, or can we just run the proxy program without a pools.conf?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:35:30 PM

If we want to keep everything separate, is it ok to run one copy of the proxy program for each rig, on a separate port? Also what if we have both SHA256 and scrypt rigs, do we run separate proxies for each? Is it possible to specify different pools.conf, or can we just run the proxy program without a pools.conf?

Create several directories and put copy of leaserigproxy and pools.conf in each one. Then configure each proxy to listen on different port (first parameter). You can run several thousands proxies that way Wink

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 11:39:01 PM

Yes that's the way I do it with 8 seperate instances, just make a new directory for each, then each rig has it's own pools.conf file

Also in the bat file add a title so you can easily see which windows is which eg.

title Mining Rig 1
leaserigproxy.exe.....
pause

Brassguy

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:05:31 AM

Share is implied by pool, proxy only forwards data, nothing more. When you use several workers on proxy, then several connections are established. At the end, it is same as if using several direct connections to the pool with same username.

Thanks for the info!

BTW.... Tigggger, I'm totally jealous of your stellar uptime stats!!! You had 100% going for days!!

Brassguy

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

Well one more question... anyone else having any issues with switching to their own mining pool during non-rented time? I keep getting a message saying that my miners can't switch to my default pool... by the time I get to check on it, it's already rented... which is an great problem to have!

BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:13:04 AM

Newb provider here. Is it normal/typical to get an email about "LeaseRig.net - cannot change pools" immediately upon a customer buying a lease? I checked the rig and it seems to be hashing away at full speed on something (using a proxy so I can't see what). I assume customer figured out the problem. How can I tell when a problem is more serious/needs attention vs. not serious?
pajak666

Activity: 746
Merit: 502

Looking for advertising deal

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:18:35 PM

Well one more question... anyone else having any issues with switching to their own mining pool during non-rented time? I keep getting a message saying that my miners can't switch to my default pool... by the time I get to check on it, it's already rented... which is an great problem to have!

+1
what's the reason that pools added by renter do not dissapear when lease time ends?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 01:31:57 PM

Make sure your pool is correctly configured with http:// or stratum+tcp:// at start and port at the end. The reason this is happening sometimes is mainly due to these issues.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:47:41 PM

Hey there! Had a problem with the LRP, and was hoping you could help.

We brought all of our rigs down yesterday for some maintenance. The only thing that changed was some PSU upgrades, and we added some GPUs to some rigs that weren't fully populated; no software changes were made. Brought them back up, and had terrible times getting BAMT to work with the LRP.

We'd had to restart the LRP several times to get all of our miners added in. Funny thing is, we actually condensed our rigs, from 10 systems to 8. Increased our hashrate from ~22 to ~27mh/s, but did it with fewer rigs.

We let it run for a few hours, and it seemed pretty stable. Someone tried to rent ProxIT02 in the middle of the night, and as soon as they did, it went down. No shares, no nothing. All of our rigs went idle.

We have a BAMT script that runs every hour that checks for idle GPUs, and reboots BAMT if needed. This script ran about 45 min after the proxy got rented (and crashed), and when they rebooted, the LRP picked them up and started working again. Well, it picked up 6 out of our 8 rigs, but the 2 that crashed share a PSU, and that's another separate issue.

So my question is why the LRP would drop our rigs, and then pick them back up after they rebooted?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 02:58:52 PM

Would it be possible to add something to the bottom of each rig's admin page showing a running total of its earnings/sales, and maybe the 5 or 10 most recent leases? Would help us a lot with the accounting!  Grin

edit: another good feature might be to see a graph of last 7 days hashrate so we can easily spot outages.
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:07:22 PM

Would it be possible to add something to the bottom of each rig's admin page showing a running total of its earnings/sales, and maybe the 5 or 10 most recent leases? Would help us a lot with the accounting!  Grin

edit: another good feature might be to see a graph of last 7 days hashrate so we can easily spot outages.

Stats are only recorded for past 3 days. The first thing you are talking about is on todo list.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:08:11 PM

Hey there! Had a problem with the LRP, and was hoping you could help.

We brought all of our rigs down yesterday for some maintenance. The only thing that changed was some PSU upgrades, and we added some GPUs to some rigs that weren't fully populated; no software changes were made. Brought them back up, and had terrible times getting BAMT to work with the LRP.

We'd had to restart the LRP several times to get all of our miners added in. Funny thing is, we actually condensed our rigs, from 10 systems to 8. Increased our hashrate from ~22 to ~27mh/s, but did it with fewer rigs.

We let it run for a few hours, and it seemed pretty stable. Someone tried to rent ProxIT02 in the middle of the night, and as soon as they did, it went down. No shares, no nothing. All of our rigs went idle.

We have a BAMT script that runs every hour that checks for idle GPUs, and reboots BAMT if needed. This script ran about 45 min after the proxy got rented (and crashed), and when they rebooted, the LRP picked them up and started working again. Well, it picked up 6 out of our 8 rigs, but the 2 that crashed share a PSU, and that's another separate issue.

So my question is why the LRP would drop our rigs, and then pick them back up after they rebooted?

Since you are running it on BAMT, I will need some error logs to determine what was going on. I believe BAMT is stripped down version of linux and there may be some components missing that are needed for proper proxy operation.

BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:44:07 PM

Stats are only recorded for past 3 days. The first thing you are talking about is on todo list.

Ok, cool - is there somewhere in the admin side I can see the last 3 days of rig stats/graph?

Also, question on the pools.conf file. I noticed once my rig got leased that the proxy overwrote my starting pools.conf. Once the lease ends in a couple hours, will it get overwritten again with my default pools?
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 04:50:08 PM

Ok, cool - is there somewhere in the admin side I can see the last 3 days of rig stats/graph?

Also, question on the pools.conf file. I noticed once my rig got leased that the proxy overwrote my starting pools.conf. Once the lease ends in a couple hours, will it get overwritten again with my default pools?

In admin panel click on rig you are interested into, then you have another submenu on right side - click on stats. When viewing stats you can select 72h stat graph and see for past 3 days.

Pools.conf will get overwritten with your default pools when lease is over.

BuildTheFuture

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:19:08 PM

Nice, thanks for pointing that out.

So if/when we suffer an internet or power outage and a lease gets interrupted, how is the customer service handled. Does the lease time get auto-extended to cover the outage?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:01:03 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I find my "trust thread"? I've been poking around and doing searches but cannot figure it out. Huh

UPDATE: Oh for crying out loud, I just saw the link at the lower left side....  Grin

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: