Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:39:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] How to rent your rig on LEASERIG.NET - Scrypt & SHA256  (Read 33389 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mikk2k2

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:45:54 PM

Proxy window said it disconnected from LeaseRig, same as it did before the upgrade to d

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
djeZo (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:52:56 PM

Proxy window said it disconnected from LeaseRig, same as it did before the upgrade to d

2 times only?

mikk2k2

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:32:58 PM

2 times only?

Only saw two on the proxy window and the graph said the same - though one for a longer period than the other.

Might be my rig, updating a wallet and its taking ages!

Rent My Rig: Lexie       Trust Thread: Here       Cloud Mining: Trade Ghs/BTC Here    LeaseRigs: Here
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 10:45:44 PM

2 times only?

Only saw two on the proxy window and the graph said the same - though one for a longer period than the other.

Might be my rig, updating a wallet and its taking ages!

That is not a problem then. Connections can often be interrupted. Internet is not 100% reliable Smiley

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:08:33 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 12:30:17 AM by ebliever

I just tried proxy 0.5d with a 1 hour lease. I saw a couple disconnects (more than 2), worse than my prior 2 leases. Then the system hung or something while I wasn't paying attention at the end of the period. And now it is stuck on the customers' pool. I tried disabling and re-enabling the miner, switching pools on my end and then switching back, but it is still picking up the last lease pool each time I run on my Leaserig configuration.

UPDATE: At least part of my trouble was the same person took out a new lease without my initially realizing it. So I had to reconfigure for them, gave them an extra 15 minutes to make up for my fooling around under the hood....

UPDATE 2: OK... I tried replacing the pool.conf file that had my pool info with the pool.conf file (that I had backed up) that had the renters pool. But after running a few moments with the renters pool it defaults back to mine. How can I restore the renters' pool? I'm guessing there is something on the Leaserig server side that is rejecting my attempt to correct things. Extending the lease won't help if I can't get the rig to point at their pool.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Brassguy

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:42:24 AM

I get a similar disconnect from pools... really it looks like "hiccups", meaning, it disconnects but immediately reconnects to the pool and 99% of the time doesn't change difficulty. However it seems to result in a lower 'appearing' hashrate at leaserig.net when using the 's' setting to measure speed.

15xNxXy2PfFv3rz8rnfkV6L7WQiwuYax2K
Brassguy

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:08:41 AM

This is what I can't understand...

The customer has done some pool hopping and misconfiguration... dead pools, etc... but the disparity in the numbers is pretty strange... especially after so long a time frame...

edit... and right now this rig (doubleANT1) is showing "OFF" on leaserig.net

edit.. now showing 151gh. Customer is using https://mupool.com/ (never heard of it before)

15xNxXy2PfFv3rz8rnfkV6L7WQiwuYax2K
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:01:22 AM

I just tried proxy 0.5d with a 1 hour lease. I saw a couple disconnects (more than 2), worse than my prior 2 leases. Then the system hung or something while I wasn't paying attention at the end of the period. And now it is stuck on the customers' pool. I tried disabling and re-enabling the miner, switching pools on my end and then switching back, but it is still picking up the last lease pool each time I run on my Leaserig configuration.

UPDATE: At least part of my trouble was the same person took out a new lease without my initially realizing it. So I had to reconfigure for them, gave them an extra 15 minutes to make up for my fooling around under the hood....

UPDATE 2: OK... I tried replacing the pool.conf file that had my pool info with the pool.conf file (that I had backed up) that had the renters pool. But after running a few moments with the renters pool it defaults back to mine. How can I restore the renters' pool? I'm guessing there is something on the Leaserig server side that is rejecting my attempt to correct things. Extending the lease won't help if I can't get the rig to point at their pool.

You have to change pools on LeaseRig.net. If you do it manually in file, these pools will get overwritten. LeaseRig is since few days ago "forcing" pools, because this is what certain providers and most customers wanted.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:03:03 AM

Brassguy: Measuring speed out of shares is all about luck. Sometimes you may even get only half the expected speed.

Your customer did obvious mistake, he wanted to mine on https://mupool.com/ - which is (by address) NOT stratum pool. Only stratum is supported in LRP and that is clearly written in instructions, in icon tooltip, in FAQ etc...

WireIT

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:45:41 AM

I upgraded to version d yesterday. I run 2 instances, one for my AntMiners and one for me scrypt miners(ProxIT02). The scrypt miner LRP has locked up cold twice today. Both times while rented by the same person and looks to have the same pools all day.

Any ideas as to what may be the cause?

Rent my rigs at LeaseRig.net - ProxIT01 : ProxIT02
djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:01:13 AM

It is STA, with non blocking sockets and select pooling before reads. However, it could be possible to block it for some time, if you send large data in and your upload speed is very small. But issue with this theory is that pool or miner would have to send large amount data, that is not specified by stratum, meaning someone is performing DOS attack on you. If you have packet sniffer, try to record traffic.

WireIT

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:53:07 PM

I've got a 100Mb/10Mb connection protected by ClearOS firewall and I don't show anything reported in IDS or IPS. My bandwidth activity was also very low last night when it locked up again.

It also seems to happen to just my scrypt LRP and not my SHA LRP, both running on same machine.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:56:50 PM

I've got a 100Mb/10Mb connection protected by ClearOS firewall and I don't show anything reported in IDS or IPS. My bandwidth activity was also very low last night when it locked up again.

It also seems to happen to just my scrypt LRP and not my SHA LRP, both running on same machine.

Could you elaborate what you mean with locking up? I really have not enough information to go on. Also, are you using Windows or Linux version of it?

WireIT

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:36:12 PM

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 in a VM. I have LRP in two different directories so that I can run two instances of LRP. One for ProxIT01 and one for ProxIT02. I have a startup script the starts both in their own "screen" session.

When I notice that ProxIT02 is not hashing, I SSH into my LRP VM and re-attach to the "screen" running it's LRP. I find that LRP is no longer doing anything. No errors, nothing. I get a screen of whatever it was doing before freezing. Usually it's showing the last several accepted shares that processed when it locked up.

I'll ctrl+c to abort and restart the LRP and it starts back up as normal.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:44:18 PM

Is your rig meanwhile displayed as online on LeaseRig?

And what does your miners say? Do they "loose" connection with proxy and are unable to connect to it?

Do you check CPU usage when this happens? Is it 100%?

WireIT

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:59:28 PM

CPU is idle.

It seems to happen when the rigs are brought back online. The LRP will freeze. We just took some AntMiners offline and when reconnected, they only hashed for a little bit and then the lrp froze.

I bet what is happening with ProxIT02 is the same thing. We have a script that runs every hour to check temps and reboots the rig if the temps are too low(dead GPU protection). So if the rig reboots, I bet it's locking up the lrp on reconnect.

I can repeatedly make the lrp freeze by powering down some of the connected rigs and powering them back up. Not every time, but enough that it definitely locks when rigs reconnect.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:09:43 PM

Is your rig meanwhile displayed as online on LeaseRig?

And what does your miners say? Do they "loose" connection with proxy and are unable to connect to it?

Still waiting for you to answer me these 2 questions, which are way more important than what you just told me.

WireIT

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:47:39 PM

The rig shows offline on LeaseRig.

Miners connect but remain idle with no work to be done. If I reboot a rig when lrp is frozen, it will connect to lrp but wait 15 seconds for work to become available and keep looping until I restart lrp.

djeZo (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:49:30 PM

Can you try Windows version?

WireIT

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:20:56 PM

Might not be till next week, but I'll try Windows. (it hurts to say that you know...)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: