Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 [4551] 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
semajjames

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:55:36 PM

Actually, one of the biggest issues that Dash solves is banking for the unbanked.

You don't need a credit score to download a wallet for your Dash Cash

+100

and your investment makes money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:10:13 AM

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

I'd go off and do something else.

I didn't invest in democratic redundancy, I invested in one guy's idea and vision.

I don't agree with your assertion that 'total financial privacy' is a noble or even worthwhile objective in cryptocurrencies. Most of that objective has already been achieved by Satoshi in the complete elimination of the old banking system from an electronic monetary medium. Plus - there are about 20 currencies out there already sporting off the shelf 'total privacy' tech, mostly run by ex journalists and box shifters who could care less about any real technological innovation.

Genuine public ownership of the financial system is a far more challenging and worthwhile goal than simply keeping your payments secret. That requires a bit of vision and balancing of priorities that goes way beyond any empty anti-establishment symbolism and rhetoric.

The only person I've yet seen coming close to having that vision is the dev of this project.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 12:14:18 AM

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

It's not a rock song that's being built here it's electronic money.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

if you disagree with my statement above, i dont care, but answer that simple question: what if evan duffield suddenly announces he quits the project tomorrow morning?

good luck
Hi vertoe. It's good to hear from you, albeit in an adversarial capacity.

This move, first of all, did not originate from Evan. There has been discussion in the community for a long time about changing the name. It all culminated into a thread by Strix on DT that was a long debate pro and con about it, and Evan apparently began to see the reason in the movement to give the coin a more marketable name. DASH was the leading suggestion (Once again not originating from Evan) and it also makes sense due to what we are about, Digital Cash.

He then took our suggestions and set in a plan to accomplish it. It had to be kept private so as not to have squatters on domain names, etc., not because it was a unilateral decision.

As far as decentralization, Evan only wields the power to create sporks, and the reason for that is obvious. When our development is past a certain point, this will no longer be needed, and will be built into the code. While it would hurt to have Evan leave, it could be continued as it is an open-sourced code. It would hurt, but there are other devs out there.

As for the tech, we ARE still on the same page, empowering people with a Trustless digital currency outside of government control. But with a more marketable name, we stand a greater chance of accomplishing our goal.

I will respectfully ask you to consider rejoining us to continue what we have started here. You are a smart man, and you know what we could be capable of accomplishing here.

Once again, thanks for reaching out.

Tao.

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 12:17:08 AM

Hi Vertoe,

I'm curious to how you would envision DASH transitioning from being "decentralized".  One thing I firmly believe was the need for strong leadership at the start of this of project.  Too much is at stake in the initial development not to have "centralized" development with someone running the show, it would be impossible.  Bitcoin is an example....it wouldve been to hard initially to do other wise.

That being said....I believe that as DASH finishes beta...and is ready for full deployment....this certainly needs to go beyond the care of 1 individual.  100% agree on that....no eventual currency could be fully rolled out with that being the case.  IMHO....so the question then is....how does the project as it nears completion progress to the next stage?

Rich

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:17:22 AM

Hi vertoe. It's good to hear from you, albeit in an adversarial capacity.

LoL !  Excellent.

Tao, your diplomatic skills know no bounds  Wink
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:04:03 AM

Just an FYI, FaucetBOX is now letting people make DASH faucets:

DASH/Darkcoin support is now public. I hope everything will work correctly Smiley
As always we'll probably lower fees and payout threshold in the future.

Fee: 5%
Minimum deposit: 0.01 DASH
Minimum threshold: 0.001 DASH
Confirmations required for deposit: 16

https://faucetbox.com/en/list/DASH
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:08:47 AM

He's ahead of the curve.....  Wink
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:11:48 AM

+1 The logo "with the stylized A" was voted on and won, fair and square. We can't go debating every little nuance, as not everyone would like any decision made.

It is great, and suits what we want to accomplish. I think we can find better uses of our time, no?

As for the wording underneath, just Digital Cash is fine. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple, Stupid!)  Grin

It could be argued that the vote wasn't really fair because a couple of logos were added part way through the voting process. It could also be argued that one of those added was not sufficiently different from the original to justify being included in the vote. Add to that the fact that the winning logo was originally displayed with two arrows in the "S", which perhaps some were voting for. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether it really was a "fair and square" win. I'm not necessarily advocating a revote at this stage but I don't think it would be such a big deal if there were one - it's not like everyone in the world now knows what DASH is and is familiar with the logo. I just think if you go to the trouble of changing the name in attempt to win over the general public, making the logo legible is a must. I - and several others - see "DRSH", knowing full well that it is actually "DASH".

I agree that "Digital Cash" underneath is just fine for now.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 01:12:10 AM

Vertoe, I ask you to rejoin the DASH team to help us build the perfect Digital Cash, for ALL it's uses. The RTs ask you, too.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/582348405797699584

Please RT if you're on Twitter and feel the same.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 01:34:23 AM

no.

i left because i disagree darkcoin or however it will be called next year is not a decentralized entity. it never was but i ignored it as long as darkcoin was following the same path i was following. the path to total financial privacy. and thats why i am so upset about how this currency is lead by a single person. darkcoin is like an old conservative company with strong hierarchical comamnd structures and a single person on the top of the pyramid. evan duffield. the rebranding using a detergent name was just a step forward in creating something like apple or paypal. fuck this i tell you. what we need is a trustless, decentralized and anonymous currency. darkcoin is not decentralized as it still relies on a single person. and this reaches deep into the code base.

the core devs were just a bunch of volunteers exploited for the big thing. the extended darkcoin team was the same with even a lower place to sit on that pyramid. and what was the darkcoin foundation again? right, something to reserve some rights on some names and collect money. who nominated and voted for the foundation board? who does even know who are these guys? how did we learn about the foundation? from local news papers! the team listings kept counting names of people nobody ever noticed before. and they never committed anything visible to the community or the repository. and i was spending 25 hours a day monitory everything that happened in the darkcoin community for more than a year. the things going on here are fishy, intransparent and rely on a single entity.

i will get out and and will contribute to something decentralized and anonymous. i always hoped darkcoin could fill that void. i cant blame anyone to stay with this project. you are probably investors trying to win a gold donkey. or you are simply trying to exploit every possible vector of profit in the coins space. whatever. you are not here because darkcoin is something it claims to be.

good luck

Vertoe, are you saying that the network structure is centralized?  Or having a main developer - one man - calling the shots?  I understand the latter, but not the first.  If you're saying masternodes are centralized, could you please explain?  Thanks for taking the time.

You are quite right that we're all hoping Evan continues to develop DASH, and that without him, the project will take a great blow.  This is a real risk, but I think he'll be here until he feels his work is finished.  But you know me, I trust a lot.  Anyway, it's so good to hear from you!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
taurenkc

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:01:53 AM

So yes there is ideology behind this coin : privacy, liberty, freedom, try to make the world less directed by "power" and more with the heart...

I hope that changing the name will not make the ideology behind it change too, otherwhise it will failed.

There's no ideology in something that nobody uses. The ideology's in the design, not the name. Vertoe is justified in leaving over not being consulted but less so over 'ideology'.

The name can easily be compromised without any loss of principle but the functionality can't. So Evan has got his priorities right in that regard.

no.

good luck

Get it right. It's Dash now.
Also, you should thank Evan for his hard work instead of whining like a little girl. You seem lost.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:06:26 AM

Smooth is now off with Vertoe's post under his arm and is smuggly out spamming it all over the place.

Whatever the merits of Vertoe's opinions, that project's just plummed the depths of my esteem. They're (XMR devs) the biggest bunch of arrogant charlatans and chancers that I've ever come across on Bitcointalk. The idea that they're the least bit interested in anything technically worthwhile is ludicrous and I wouldn't be surprised if half the sockpuppets that visit this thread are the same three guys that staff that coin.

They should've stuck with reviewing Pizza joints and shifting mining furniture. At least they wouldn't have to work so hard at portending to "lofty ideals"....

http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/436/44192.html
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:11:20 AM

Im mad

good luck

Bitcoin,remember satoshi ? Wink  Roll Eyes

You're out of the way man
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:20:50 AM

I have a feeling this will bring a huge DASH rise... It's only inevitable that 100 trolls will be coming after that statement. 

Me... I could give 2 shits and would even think about accepting you back if you manned up and admitted what this really was about.  Maybe a power struggle?

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:21:22 AM

I was disappointed with vertoe when I learned that he blocked the transifex page of darkcoin. That was low.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:24:16 AM

Vertoe trolling to try and buy back in since he dumped his stash when it was half the current price?

Too bad buddy...one day you may think I just threw millions down the drain because I made an emotional split second decision without thinking.

Edit: Any may I also add, nothing has changed except the name, the tech, the vision has only gotten better and focused toward growing for the better. You were just cut because you were not personally consoled by Evan...

qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:28:55 AM

the way i see it, the circle jerks are trolling vertoe  Roll Eyes
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:39:04 AM

Vertoe trolling to try and buy back in since he dumped his stash when it was half the current price?

Too bad buddy...one day you may think I just threw millions down the drain because I made an emotional split second decision without thinking.

Edit: Any may I also add, nothing has changed except the name, the tech, the vision has only gotten better and focused toward growing for the better. You were just cut because you were not personally consoled by Evan...

I would not be as dismissive to a developer who had put endless hours into a project you hope will make you (or any of us) "a millionaire" and call vertoe's explanation about what happened "trolling" just like that.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:43:02 AM

I would not be as dismissive to a developer who had put endless hours into a project you hope will make you (or any of us) "a millionaire" and call vertoe's explanation about what happened "trolling" just like that.

Its incredible how quickly this community turns on one of its own.  Previously a very valued member.  Its very shameful.

taurenkc

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:46:04 AM

I didn't invest in democratic redundancy, I invested in one guy's idea and vision.

I don't agree with your assertion that 'total financial privacy' is a noble or even worthwhile objective in cryptocurrencies. Most of that objective has already been achieved by Satoshi in the complete elimination of the old banking system from an electronic monetary medium. Plus - there are about 20 currencies out there already sporting off the shelf 'total privacy' tech, mostly run by ex journalists and box shifters who could care less about any real technological innovation.

Genuine public ownership of the financial system is a far more challenging and worthwhile goal than simply keeping your payments secret. That requires a bit of vision and balancing of priorities that goes way beyond any empty anti-establishment symbolism and rhetoric.

The only person I've yet seen coming close to having that vision is the dev of this project.

Not trying to fud, I have a good amount of dark,  but have you read Craves white page/ roadmap? Its early and theres only 500k coins so it could be a scam, but dev is taking what your talking about to a new level. You can own your own tor market, and burn your crave into anon digital assets.

Dam , this coin is pretty cheap now, but I need to wait my btc until tomorrow for more some coins. Crave´s dev will bring a revolution to  anon.  Roll Eyes

0.01872BTC now, definitely cheap if compared to its highs.. still i believe it will continue to correct
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/darkcoin/btc

Nah . I think it will consolidate now. I has to correct. The price went from .01 to .24 in a vertoe flash ;-). Thanks for the cheap coins bud.
Pages: « 1 ... 4501 4502 4503 4504 4505 4506 4507 4508 4509 4510 4511 4512 4513 4514 4515 4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4523 4524 4525 4526 4527 4528 4529 4530 4531 4532 4533 4534 4535 4536 4537 4538 4539 4540 4541 4542 4543 4544 4545 4546 4547 4548 4549 4550 [4551] 4552 4553 4554 4555 4556 4557 4558 4559 4560 4561 4562 4563 4564 4565 4566 4567 4568 4569 4570 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: