Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:20:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 [4621] 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:28:25 AM

Sorry to ruin your feast but I tested using 0 mixin and it worked for me

LOL. mixin=0 is not supposed to be untraceable. It's just like a regular Bitcoin transaction.

- Monero is busted and now considered DEAD!

Coming from you that gives me a a bit of increased confidence.

Won't increasing the mixin make your bloating problems even worse than they are now?

"Bloating problems" implies that the usage is wasteful which it is not given the goal of private transactions. The same applies to darksend transactions, especially given the use of denominations (same as Monero; in fact with a higher "bloating" factor in general since fewer denominations are allowed), with multiple rounds being done (not needed in Monero), or even just the network traffic of talking to masternodes to set up the darksends. None of it is cost-free but the cost is being incurred to accomplish a purpose, not waste.

I mean we have Monero full node running on a Raspberry Pi at this point (experimental build still) so I think its pretty silly to go on and on about bloat.

From what I read, it seems like you are under the impression that Darksend rounds happen on the Dash Blockchain, this is a misconception.

I'm basing my understanding on this: http://cdn.anonymousbitcoinbook.com/darkcoin/darksend-paper/Atlas_Darksend-Analysis-v001.pdf

A Typical Round of Darksend+

A randomly-selected Masternode orchestrates the signing of the transaction between the peers. On the blockchain, this type of transaction resembles several individual Bitcoin transactions “pasted” together into a single Darkcoin transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:33:50 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 04:15:06 AM by MasterMined710

LOL. mixin=0 is not supposed to be untraceable. It's just like a regular Bitcoin transaction.

Won't increasing the mixin make your bloating problems even worse than they are now?

"Bloating problems" implies that the usage is wasteful which it is not given the goal of private transactions. The same applies to darksend transactions, especially given the use of denominations (same as Monero; in fact with a higher "bloating" factor in general since fewer denominations are allowed), with multiple rounds being done (not needed in Monero), or even just the network traffic of talking to masternodes to set up the darksends. None of it is cost-free but the cost is being incurred to accomplish a purpose, not waste.

I mean we have Monero full node running on a Raspberry Pi at this point (experimental build still) so I think its pretty silly to go on and on about bloat.

So the answer is yes, it will make the monero bloating problem even worse and practically unusable. How bloated is the (invisible) monero blockchain already? how many gigs? what happens when/if a official gui wallet is released and people actually start using it?
Thanks for your time, i know y'all have several other serious issues you're dealing with atm.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
superlegitaccount

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:25:16 AM

From what I read, it seems like you are under the impression that Darksend rounds happen on the Dash Blockchain, this is a misconception.

I'm basing my understanding on this: http://cdn.anonymousbitcoinbook.com/darkcoin/darksend-paper/Atlas_Darksend-Analysis-v001.pdf

A randomly-selected Masternode orchestrates the signing of the transaction between the peers. On the blockchain, this type of transaction resembles several individual Bitcoin transactions “pasted” together into a single Darkcoin transaction.

That report is old, after it came out things were fixed. All mixing is done offchain.

https://bitcoin-forums.net/index.php?topic=421615.msg9489695#msg9489695
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:52:58 AM

That report is old, after it came out things were fixed. All mixing is done offchain.

Off chain transaction example:
The most simple example of an off-chain transaction is perhaps two friends who agree on a debt between them. The "transaction" happens by the act of agreeing that the debt exists, and the validity of it is based solely on the trust that one friend has in the other. Further transactions can be agreed upon, possibly in exchange for something of value such one friend buying the other a meal. Multiple mutually trusting parties can participate, creating a network of value owed from one to the other. As an example the Ripple monetary system takes this concept, and adds to it an automated ledger to record all the mutual debts between participating parties. However actually acting upon those debts is still a matter of trust between the parties; the system only records debts and can-not by itself cause Bitcoins or some other object of value to change hands.

Tell me something isn't wrong there.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:57:38 AM

I think you are mistaken. There are still darksend coinjoin transactions on the block chain.

What is meant by "offchain" is that the construction of the transactions occurs using a separate protocol.

MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:12:48 AM

Off chain transaction example:
The most simple example of an off-chain transaction is perhaps two friends who agree on a debt between them. The "transaction" happens by the act of agreeing that the debt exists, and the validity of it is based solely on the trust that one friend has in the other. Further transactions can be agreed upon, possibly in exchange for something of value such one friend buying the other a meal. Multiple mutually trusting parties can participate, creating a network of value owed from one to the other. As an example the Ripple monetary system takes this concept, and adds to it an automated ledger to record all the mutual debts between participating parties. However actually acting upon those debts is still a matter of trust between the parties; the system only records debts and can-not by itself cause Bitcoins or some other object of value to change hands.

I don't see the problem, this is a trustless mixing system.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
poiuty

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:23:06 AM

Guys, update networks.py
Drop p2pools who not update 3 version.
https://github.com/jakehaas/p2pool-dash/commit/6f7b03966b3910f03f0fdb795c6f3c3e889521d1
Code:
IDENTIFIER='7242ef345e1bed6b'.decode('hex'),
PREFIX='3b3e1286f446b891'.decode('hex'),

p2pools (3 version, new IDENTIFIER and PREFIX) ~ 700Mh/s

If u not update version -> do it
https://github.com/jakehaas/p2pool-dash/commit/9f7a3b232f1ba2ce7750091bb64a3e79186ed671
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 06:40:54 AM

morning DASHers Wink

havent been here 2-3 days and 60% of posts are FUD again, so many on ignore... good sign Wink

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:24:39 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 08:03:01 AM by qwizzie

morning DASHers Wink

havent been here 2-3 days and 60% of posts are FUD again, so many on ignore... good sign Wink

yeah a lot of trolls lately, i felt even compelled today to put a developer on ignore (and no it wasnt you Evan Smiley ) not only for displaying appaling
behaviour in a certain ''we need to alert authorities NOW !!'' post in the altcoin discussion section (definetely not smooth posting in there from that person)
but also for repeated posting in our forum eventhough plenty signals were given by his own community that they fear it damages their reputation.

Can you imagine one of our dev team members posting like that in one of their forums everytime the name Dash is mentioned in there ?
Such weird behaviour from a developer. I just hope he doesnt turn into a second AdamWhite, spending more time in here than in his own
forum.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:48:05 AM

Somebody could update my signature?

Are you asking for someone to update it for you? lol Smiley
No my friend haha, i need a new color code

Here's my sig

Code:
[color=blue]▬▬▬▬▬▬[/color][color=black]▬▬▬▬▬[/color][color=blue]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/color]
For [b]private[/b], [b]fast[/b] and [b]secure[/b] transactions [size=10pt][url=https://www.dashpay.io][b][color=blue]DASH[/color][/b][/url] is King | [url=https://dashtalk.org/][b][color=blue]Dash[/color][color=black]talk[/color][/b][/url][/size]

By the looks of things, the hex colour code is #1b74bb, so if you replace "blue" with "#1b74bb" you'll get a colour more similar to the logo.
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:27:11 AM

Here's my sig

Code:
[color=blue]▬▬▬▬▬▬[/color][color=black]▬▬▬▬▬[/color][color=blue]▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/color]
For [b]private[/b], [b]fast[/b] and [b]secure[/b] transactions [size=10pt][url=https://www.dashpay.io][b][color=blue]DASH[/color][/b][/url] is King | [url=https://dashtalk.org/][b][color=blue]Dash[/color][color=black]talk[/color][/b][/url][/size]

By the looks of things, the hex colour code is #1b74bb, so if you replace "blue" with "#1b74bb" you'll get a colour more similar to the logo.

The blue in the logo is #1c75bc. Very similar to that one, but not exactly there Smiley
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:32:51 AM

Here's my sig

Code:

The blue in the logo is #1c75bc. Very similar to that one, but not exactly there Smiley

Thanks Fernando!
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:44:05 AM

Here's my sig

Code:

Thanks Fernando!

My pleasure. Before the rebranding process my palette had around eight different colors. Blue was blue. Now I know there are more, but I need the numbers to distinguish them. Blue is still blue for me Smiley
mjsrs

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:51:53 AM

"...face to face transactions making crypto more suitable for real world adoption."

For this to happen we need mobile wallets with instantX. I believe this should get higher priority than other features implementation like 2FA.

Great text!!

I agree, but with 2FA hopefully not too far behind.

Maybe the decentralised web wallet could work with a mobile interface too.

Even with decentralised wallet, instantx port for mobile is needed.
I think I read something about it from Evan some pages behind but don't know if he was serious about porting it.

https://dash-stats.com XoPGniokL6rRahoKviBza8oqWSTyUQPkAF
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:23:01 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 09:37:22 AM by BlockaFett

Tell me something isn't wrong here:

Newsflash:  Just because your sh*tcoin is the current Poloniex Golden Pump-Donkey, doesn't mean anyone here is stupid enough to want to buy it.

What it does mean is that most Poloniex whales and mods bought xmr for peanuts and have ridden said pump-donkey HARD via blatant trollbox pumps (protected by mods).   Soon as they think the donkey got as far as it can go, they will fight each-other to dump xmr to the ends of the earth. Busoni will then just replace XMR with a new Poloniex golden pump donkey, and a lot of crypto-noobs got ponzied, yet again.  

Until this time I guess people on this thread have to suffer the emboldened xmr geeks like you Joshuar who think that the above gives your project any real value and any right to criticize a coin with actual development / innovation.  It doesn't.  

If you don't believe me, try selling some XMR somewhere in the world that isn't Poloniex and let me know how you get on....

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:29:33 AM

What's not wrong but totally fine and standard PR procedure is spamming zero content posts with monero ad avatar and ad sig as often as possible into the market leader's thread for maximum exposure.

oh wait
Icebucket

Activity: 409

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:33:00 AM

My Mn is stuck  Tongue What was the trick to get the blocks moving again ?

Is there some MN troubleshooting guide somewhere that I can bookmark ?  Roll Eyes

Thanks  Smiley

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:34:35 AM

What's not wrong but totally fine and standard PR procedure is spamming zero content posts with monero ad avatar and ad sig as often as possible into the market leader's thread for maximum exposure.

oh wait

Monero trolls *have to* do that.  Because the Poloniex pump operation *does not work* unless BCT is made to look like Monero is anything other than a sh*tcoin clone of another sh*tcoin with delinquent devs and a wallet that requires 4 weeks to sync, 6 gb of ram to load and a DOS prompt to operate, after 1 year of commenting legacy code to make it look like they are working.  Oh, and the main claimed feature was just proved to not work (so what? lets PuuuuuMMMP! Cheesy)

It's like watching a monkey trying to f*ck a football Wink
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:36:58 AM

Newsflash:  Just because your sh*tcoin is the current Poloniex Golden Pump-Donkey, doesn't mean anyone here is stupid enough to want to buy it.

What it does mean is that most Poloniex whales and mods bought xmr for peanuts and have ridden said pump-donkey HARD via blatant trollbox pumps (protected by mods).   Soon as they think the donkey got as far as it can go, they will fight each-other to dump xmr to the ends of the earth, Busoni will then just replace XMR with a new Poloniex golden pump donkey, and a lot of crypto-noobs got ponzied, yet again.  

Until this time I guess people on this thread have to suffer the emboldened xmr geeks like you Joshuar who think that the above gives your project any real value and any right to criticize a coin with actual development / innovation.  It doesn't.  

If you don't believe me, try selling some XMR somewhere in the world that isn't Poloniex and let me know how you get on....

I heard Poloniex owns hundreds of thousands of XMR because they have set up the deposits so that they can't tell who deposited what and users can't prove they made the deposit unless the user knew to send a special ID to go with the transaction. So now they have a high percentage of the XMR float that no one else can claim, and they have the monopoly on the market. There aren't many who would benefit more from the price of XMR going up than Poloniex, perhaps not even one.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:41:27 AM

What it does mean is that most Poloniex whales and mods bought xmr for peanuts and have ridden said pump-donkey HARD via blatant trollbox pumps (protected by mods).   Soon as they think the donkey got as far as it can go, they will fight each-other to dump xmr to the ends of the earth, Busoni will then just replace XMR with a new Poloniex golden pump donkey, and a lot of crypto-noobs got ponzied, yet again.  

I heard Poloniex owns hundreds of thousands of XMR because they have set up the deposits so that they can't tell who deposited what and users can't prove they made the deposit unless the user knew to send a special ID to go with the transaction. So now they have a high percentage of the XMR float that no one else can claim, and they have the monopoly on the market. There aren't many who would benefit more from the price of XMR going up than Poloniex, perhaps not even one.

Agree.  I guess the staff / Busoni also picked up a load of cheap XMR the same time they a) rejigged the Polo UX to guide new users into the xmr/btc market when the site loads b) put up a big XMR market box on every page that no one trades in but adds 'legitimacy' to the XMR pumps c) started orchestrating a non-stop XMR pump since December as shown on the full-of-pump xmr/btc chart and waves of trollbox entries like 'XMR is the next BTC!!!'.

Poloniex has sadly become a blatant scam exchange, it's now blacklisted right at the top of the official BlockaFett exchange-scam listings Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 4571 4572 4573 4574 4575 4576 4577 4578 4579 4580 4581 4582 4583 4584 4585 4586 4587 4588 4589 4590 4591 4592 4593 4594 4595 4596 4597 4598 4599 4600 4601 4602 4603 4604 4605 4606 4607 4608 4609 4610 4611 4612 4613 4614 4615 4616 4617 4618 4619 4620 [4621] 4622 4623 4624 4625 4626 4627 4628 4629 4630 4631 4632 4633 4634 4635 4636 4637 4638 4639 4640 4641 4642 4643 4644 4645 4646 4647 4648 4649 4650 4651 4652 4653 4654 4655 4656 4657 4658 4659 4660 4661 4662 4663 4664 4665 4666 4667 4668 4669 4670 4671 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: