Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:19:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
HammerHedd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:58:59 AM

Is there a mining calculator for this coin?  If not, could anyone tell me what my 2.8Mhs (scrypt) rig will produce?

It's hard to say ... the difficulty has been steadily rising. I barely get 5 coins per day atm....

... and lotterymining.com has had terrible luck lately Sad

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:08:43 AM

You guys are amazing - already over 1179 DRK raised to promote darkcoin.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:14:08 AM

And while we're tossing out ideas, I had one earlier- (I know stop the presses) -about a multicoin wallet with DRK as the backbone if you will. This wallet could hold all of ones coins but the beauty is, you could use Darksend for any one of the coins. I'm envisioning a feature rich wallet that allows you to exchange your BTC to DRK with a few clicks and then using Darksend to complete the transaction. This "wallet" environment allows for quick and painless exchange of coins to DRK, adds the anonymity of Darksend, adds DRK to the "mixing pools" or "buckets" as they're described earlier and eliminates higher exchange rates and transaction fees normally accrued through regular exchange procedures. This "pie in the sky" wallet idea could gain the widespread adoption this coin is looking for by not only incorporating the use of any of the established coins which came before it, but also set it so far apart from anything out there that even clones wouldn't stand a chance. But hey, with no technical background in this field whatsoever, I'm not even sure any of that is possible. You want to talk about a difference maker though; from the average Joe's perspective, a "one wallet to rule them all" makes transactions a breeze.
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:26:11 AM

+25 to take it over 1200
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:28:08 AM

I'm 5btc deep in this bitch

Amateur... If anyone is left holding the bag, it's gonna be me... ;-) 5btc? pft... I've got more money in DRK than most of you paid for your cars... :-p

I have to buy it. I sure won't be mining it, lol!

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:36:29 AM

Amateur... If anyone is left holding the bag, it's gonna be me... ;-) 5btc? pft... I've got more money in DRK than most of you paid for your cars... :-p

Haha , would love to see that wallet !

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:37:01 AM

Ah okay, from the previous pop up message, I was expecting to see some values that I could send or something like that. Kinda like "you can send 10DRK / 12.55 DRK" or something lol.

That's actually a good idea!  maybe next time eduffield can make a running total "available to darksend" somewhere on the wallet (there's tons of space) then people will also know when they need to denominate, which would keep people from constantly hitting that button and bloating the block chain Tongue

Or add an option to have the wallet denominate at either a set interval OR maintain a certain number of available darksend transactions.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:38:42 AM

+25 to take it over 1200
It's 1340 now... Not bad.

Edit: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/mgy4jEpC7Fiw1ahinhoHxVu5ep9yCmPjem

We do love our coin!

[wait, can I say our coin?]

HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:44:13 AM

And while we're tossing out ideas, I had one earlier- (I know stop the presses) -about a multicoin wallet with DRK as the backbone if you will. This wallet could hold all of ones coins but the beauty is, you could use Darksend for any one of the coins. I'm envisioning a feature rich wallet that allows you to exchange your BTC to DRK with a few clicks and then using Darksend to complete the transaction. This "wallet" environment allows for quick and painless exchange of coins to DRK, adds the anonymity of Darksend, adds DRK to the "mixing pools" or "buckets" as they're described earlier and eliminates higher exchange rates and transaction fees normally accrued through regular exchange procedures. This "pie in the sky" wallet idea could gain the widespread adoption this coin is looking for by not only incorporating the use of any of the established coins which came before it, but also set it so far apart from anything out there that even clones wouldn't stand a chance. But hey, with no technical background in this field whatsoever, I'm not even sure any of that is possible. You want to talk about a difference maker though; from the average Joe's perspective, a "one wallet to rule them all" makes transactions a breeze.

One wallet to rule them all and with the Darksend bind them?

darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:47:23 AM

+25 to take it over 1200
It's 1340 now... Not bad.

Edit: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/mgy4jEpC7Fiw1ahinhoHxVu5ep9yCmPjem

We do love our coin!

[wait, can I say our coin?]
sending 666 to take it over 2000.
AD_Infinitum

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:51:32 AM

I've got a question that may have come up in the past 400 pages . . but I'm not digging through that. Regarding transaction malleability . . has anyone addressed this in this coin? I realize it may not be the biggest issue in the world right now, but with the press coverage this seems like a good thing to strike at while the iron's still hot. I'm pretty sure this would be a non-issue in DarkSend . . but it sounds like there will be a public ledger visible for those that continue to choose to send non-anonymously.I saw Riecoin claiming a workaround to transaction malleability had been implemented in their coin, but have no clue if it actually fixed the issue. I'm just thinking that this could easily invite some welcome coverage amongst major news articles like Gox being taken down because of it. Even if that wasn't the actual case . . thousands of people saw that and accept it. Might be worth looking into is all I'm trying to get across.

Evan will have to answer this one. Although transaction malleability is really the fault of exchanges, not the bitcoin protocol. If exchanges are properly coded, it presents no problem at all.

Ok guys, I've just contacted The Piratebay to ask them to add darkcoin to their list of donation possibilities. Also tweeted to Wikileaks.

He already answered...

Does this transaction malleability issue anyways affect the darkcoin transactions in the future?

I would say "transaction malleability" is more an issue of how 3rd parties implement the transactions than a coin/wallet problem

There were bugs in bitcoins reference implementation that the devs are fixing. I'll pull the changes in when they're done.
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:53:34 AM

You got it man. No but really, something like that in addition to your suggestion about the messaging, is the kind of "out of the box" thinking that's needed IMHO to set DRK far enough apart from the rest.
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:58:11 AM

I've got a question that may have come up in the past 400 pages . . but I'm not digging through that. Regarding transaction malleability . . has anyone addressed this in this coin? I realize it may not be the biggest issue in the world right now, but with the press coverage this seems like a good thing to strike at while the iron's still hot. I'm pretty sure this would be a non-issue in DarkSend . . but it sounds like there will be a public ledger visible for those that continue to choose to send non-anonymously.I saw Riecoin claiming a workaround to transaction malleability had been implemented in their coin, but have no clue if it actually fixed the issue. I'm just thinking that this could easily invite some welcome coverage amongst major news articles like Gox being taken down because of it. Even if that wasn't the actual case . . thousands of people saw that and accept it. Might be worth looking into is all I'm trying to get across.

Evan will have to answer this one. Although transaction malleability is really the fault of exchanges, not the bitcoin protocol. If exchanges are properly coded, it presents no problem at all.

Ok guys, I've just contacted The Piratebay to ask them to add darkcoin to their list of donation possibilities. Also tweeted to Wikileaks.

He already answered...

Does this transaction malleability issue anyways affect the darkcoin transactions in the

future?

I would say "transaction malleability" is more an issue of how 3rd parties implement the transactions than a coin/wallet problem

There were bugs in bitcoins reference implementation that the devs are fixing. I'll pull the changes in when they're done.

OK cool. I was wondering if he was going to fix it himself or wait for the fix, and that answered that completely. Thanks.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:58:49 AM

The all-seeing vagina...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:03:20 AM

You got it man. No but really, something like that in addition to your suggestion about the messaging, is the kind of "out of the box" thinking that's needed IMHO to set DRK far enough apart from the rest.

I'm pondering your idea... I definitely like the idea (as I wait for my BTC to post to cryptsy) ... But I think you would need a certain amount of each currency to exchange with yourself... But if you had it... why not? What if Darksend could add a second conversion value for a transaction, allowing any other currency to "piggyback" on it... Imagine the pool having not just Darkcoins, but BTC, LTC, DOGE, etc all in each transaction. More layers of concealment... But you WOULD have to make sure that the current pool could support your transaction... and how could you make sure that the conversion wasn't being gamed? You wouldn't want to use a fixed rate, that would be self-defeating.... Hmmm....

humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:17:16 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2014, 03:40:12 AM by humanitee

I'm pondering your idea... I definitely like the idea (as I wait for my BTC to post to cryptsy) ... But I think you would need a certain amount of each currency to exchange with yourself... But if you had it... why not? What if Darksend could add a second conversion value for a transaction, allowing any other currency to "piggyback" on it... Imagine the pool having not just Darkcoins, but BTC, LTC, DOGE, etc all in each transaction. More layers of concealment... But you WOULD have to make sure that the current pool could support your transaction... and how could you make sure that the conversion wasn't being gamed? You wouldn't want to use a fixed rate, that would be self-defeating.... Hmmm....

BTC/Altcoin -> Counterparty -> DRK
DarkSend that shit
Darksend that shit again (why not?)
DRK -> Counterparty -> BTC/Altcoin

Basically, use DRK for the DarkBank and then just withdraw it as you need it into the other cryptos. That's my plan, anyway.

I should add, the whole point of Dark is that the mixing is decentralized. In order to accomplish what you and the other guy are pondering, you must trust 3rd parties again, which isn't optimal.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
eizh

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:24:23 AM

I don't think someone who bought BTC at $4 can ever refer to himself as a bagholder. ;P
anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:33:51 AM

sending 666 to take it over 2000.

eizh

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:36:37 AM

BTC/Altcoin -> Counterparty -> DRK
DarkSend that shit
Darksend that shit again (why not?)
DRK -> Counterparty -> BTC/Altcoin

Basically, use DRK for the DarkBank and then just withdraw it as you need it into the other cryptos. That's my plan, anyway.

I should add, the whole point of Dark is that the mixing is decentralized. In order to accomplish what you and the other guy are pondering, you must trust 3rd parties again, which isn't optimal.

Can you explain Counterparty to me? Their topic/site isn't very helpful.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:37:35 AM

Wow donations are greater than many individual entire wallet amounts. Amazing.
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: