Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:40:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ❇️YAPPADAPPADOO -❇️Bringing Revolutionary Multi-Platform Apps To All Users  (Read 30563 times)
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:02:20 PM

I’ve read that this project will be using PWA. What is Progressive Web Application? and What is the advantage of using it than our traditional app today?

According to the whitepaper, PWA can work online and offline and can be fully functional. Does it mean that even if you don’t have internet access, you can use Yappadappadoo?

Most websites today are limited with internet connectivity. Without internet, the website won’t display anything. PWA is a new concept now in web app development. This concept has offline capabilities with improved speed and performance. This will allow users to have access to the pages have already visited.

I like the idea of offline capabilities. Because it won't cause any internet data or bandwidth. But What about the pages who have not visited yet? Will it display also the page? If it will not display the page then PWA has no difference in our normal web app today.
So, basically, the offline capabilities meant access to pages you have already visited? I think it was extremely helpful with trivago since hotel stays sometimes involves planning. This might be helpful to an online gamer who frequently look for the latest games to install but does research before installing a new one.

If offline feature is good for tivago as you said, i firmly disagree with it. Trivago works online, moves in seconds and you cannot check anything in Tivago like availabilities of rooms and hotels in a certain country without internet connections since availabilities change in seconds. You would be able to see updates offline, you cannot send email and ask questions offline.

lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:26:12 PM

Challenging Google Play & Apple App Store: Unchain Apps with Blockchain

- what does it means anyway? correct me if I am wrong pal, does yappadappadoo is challenging google play and apps store on this kind of

concepts anyways? thanks to anyone who will accommodate my concerns.

I dont think they are challenging app store and play store by this concept. Apple and google play store are doing well with what they have right now. The one unique advantage they have in Yappadappadoo that I see is that some of their applications will be fine working in older version of our phone or tablet like in the 3g for instance which is the opposite in  app le store. In apple store, you have to upgrade your device to the latest version for you to be able to catch up with the applications they have.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:07:02 PM

- what does it means anyway? correct me if I am wrong pal, does yappadappadoo is challenging google play and apps store on this kind of

I dont think they are challenging app store and play store by this concept. Apple and google play store are doing well with what they have right now. The one unique advantage they have in Yappadappadoo that I see is that some of their applications will be fine working in older version of our phone or tablet like in the 3g for instance which is the opposite in  app le store. In apple store, you have to upgrade your device to the latest version for you to be able to catch up with the applications they have.
You got it right man. This is the problem with apple that i hate so much. They will always remind the user to update to the newest version of IOS, if not the applications will not also be uodated because they have to comply with the demand of upgrading to the latest ios version. The problem of updating ios in older apple device is it will make the device itself running slow.
deejayce48

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:26:16 PM

"Apps and in-App content can be bought with tokens, the yappadappadoo “Flints” (FLI). This independent cryptocurrency will be available to everyone."

Can we buy FLI tokens directly to your app store using fiat money or credit card? Or we can only buy these tokens to the crypto exchanges where it’s listed?

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
avadonne

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

https://vulcanforged.com/

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:00:25 PM

You got it right man. This is the problem with apple that i hate so much. They will always remind the user to update to the newest version of IOS, if not the applications will not also be uodated because they have to comply with the demand of upgrading to the latest ios version. The problem of updating ios in older apple device is it will make the device itself running slow.

Actually, not all Apple devices can update to the latest version of their IOS. So the older Apple devices will not enjoy or can't even try the latest or trending apps in the Apple store because their IOS is not compatible with the applications. That's the saddest part of having an outdated phone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tatalin

Activity: 255
Merit: 100

https://burst.money/

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:30:47 PM

PWA user experience is just like the native applications regardless of the device type and operating system. This means that all applications in Yappadappadoo store are available whether your device is an older version. And it is available in all operating system - Android, IOS, Windows, etc. So app developers will no longer be needed to create a separate app for every different operating system.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
dkaye

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:01:12 PM

I don’t understand what does Yappadappadoo mean by “Install-free and ready to use”. I mean, how can we use the app if we don’t install it on our device?
student20151617

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:10:39 PM

a very cool and innovative project, and the vision is meant to be something big!

maariyaam

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:31:54 PM

Actually, not all Apple devices can update to the latest version of their IOS. So the older Apple devices will not enjoy or can't even try the latest or trending apps in the Apple store because their IOS is not compatible with the applications. That's the saddest part of having an outdated phone.

That's the case on my iPhone. The latest version of their IOS is no longer suitable for my device. So I can only download apps that are compatible with my IOS. The only choice I have is to buy the newest Apple device for me to be able to download all the apps offered in Apple store.
LeeMiinHoo

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:00:10 AM

That's the case on my iPhone. The latest version of their IOS is no longer suitable for my device. So I can only download apps that are compatible with my IOS. The only choice I have is to buy the newest Apple device for me to be able to download all the apps offered in Apple store.

Yappadappadoo improves user experience because PWA can operate on every device just like native apps. There is no need to download or update the app. PWA gets updated like a website. The latest version is already on when you use. No need to update every now and then.
elycoinz

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:50:40 AM

I don’t understand what does Yappadappadoo mean by “Install-free and ready to use”. I mean, how can we use the app if we don’t install it on our device?

That's why Progressive Web Apps are favored by some because of its space-savvy feature.

Applications are run within the browser in a server-client position that makes it possible to run apps without installing it on our devices. 

________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂________
A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM
PRE-ICO: 40% BONUS at www.arizn.network
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:14:19 AM

To understand better the stated Yappadappadoo challenging Google Play & App Store, one must first try to understand the difference between Native Apps & Progressive Web Apps (or PWA) wherein Yappadappadoo is banking on the latter.

And as per Yappadappadoo, they wanted to bring down cost related development expenses for apps to allow users affordable options against the two native apps giants that seems to chain down users with no alternative apps to choose from.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:32:29 AM

Hi team
Do you have MVP?

Hi there johannmy!

I too was looking forward to see an MVP from Yappadappadoo, unfortunately, looking at their roadmap, it seems we'll have to wait until the 1st quarter of 2019 for the the suite beta to be released.

Though i do hope that Yappadappadoo could give us an MVP soon enough for possible contributors and investors to understand more of their PWA offering.
jackbit

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:08:45 AM

a very cool and innovative project, and the vision is meant to be something big!

Indeed student!

Yappadappadoo wanting to disrupt the apps industry and play tackle with giants such as App Store and Google Play is really cool (ala David and Goliath) and innovative  (just as what PWAs are made of).

And targeting a very profitable market which is estimated to boom ever more over the coming years is really something big, as Yappadappadoo wants to increase profits for developer while lowering costs of apps for the users. Eager to see how things will develop for Yappadappadoo!
elycoinz

Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:41:51 AM

Indeed student!

Yappadappadoo wanting to disrupt the apps industry and play tackle with giants such as App Store and Google Play is really cool (ala David and Goliath) and innovative  (just as what PWAs are made of).

And targeting a very profitable market which is estimated to boom ever more over the coming years is really something big, as Yappadappadoo wants to increase profits for developer while lowering costs of apps for the users. Eager to see how things will develop for Yappadappadoo!

It is very brave of yappadappadoo to go against these giant app players, not to mention the big gaming apps that favors both App Store and Google Play with the good revenue they are getting from these app platforms.

But nonetheless, diversity is always good for economic growth. Having Yappadappadoo as another player who will provide us with immensely useful and entertaining apps at a much lower cost (and some might be for free) is something to look forward to.

________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂________
A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM
PRE-ICO: 40% BONUS at www.arizn.network
flash12i

Activity: 141
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:03:41 AM

Interesting to read Yappadappadoo's key to 4.5 Billion Users.

If Yappadappadoo can make a progressive web app feel like a native app in looks, performance and features then there is bright future ahead for this project.

In the last 3 years that passed, native apps took a solid course and captivated most users of all ages as it proved to useful even offline.

To revolutionize PWAs in the same capacity as native apps is indeed the best way to haggle the battle for users, and breaking the OS limitations of apps is an edge Yappadappadoo have with PWAs in their armory.
OlympusMons

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:28:42 AM

I’ve read that this project will be using PWA. What is Progressive Web Application? and What is the advantage of using it than our traditional app today?

According to the whitepaper, PWA can work online and offline and can be fully functional. Does it mean that even if you don’t have internet access, you can use Yappadappadoo?

Most websites today are limited with internet connectivity. Without internet, the website won’t display anything. PWA is a new concept now in web app development. This concept has offline capabilities with improved speed and performance. This will allow users to have access to the pages have already visited.

I like the idea of offline capabilities. Because it won't cause any internet data or bandwidth. But What about the pages who have not visited yet? Will it display also the page? If it will not display the page then PWA has no difference in our normal web app today.
So, basically, the offline capabilities meant access to pages you have already visited? I think it was extremely helpful with trivago since hotel stays sometimes involves planning. This might be helpful to an online gamer who frequently look for the latest games to install but does research before installing a new one.
I think if you haven't visited the page, it won't be accessible. I think PWA works like automatically saving a page if visited and saving an app if you chose to select to save it on your home screen or something, though not sure how that actually will work for this one.
mushimushi

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:58:52 AM

Very interesting and new  project no download no install and no update with the ability to work off line  concept is really interesting , an app store for progressive web apps is unique idea . I still would like to know the idea behind a cloud based app  that can work offline too ! how this gonna be achieved ?

Hi khufuking,

a PWA is downloading the needed parts of an application with the help of a service worker and clever cache strategies. This makes it possible that a cloud based apps can be made offline available. A service worker acts as a proxy, interrupting network requests and sending responses from the cache. You can find a a good and detailed explication in the article from Jake Archibald: https://jakearchibald.com/2014/offline-cookbook/

yappadappadoo
Jana

So, a PWA is downloading things to work offline? Like always downloading every time I choose to put it in home screen or something? Will there be a file manager or storage/memory manager and also capacity add on of sorts for mobile users in case? Or like a separate app like an optimizer?
If it is always downloading then, when you are using your mobile phone it would consume much memory? You would have to be using a high capacity/memory phone then?
Umamisnack

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:28:41 AM

Yappadappadoo is the first app store for PWA (Progressive Web Application). This app will be using Blockchain technology and smart contract. Yappadappadoo is like Google Play and Apple Store but it is not only limited to Android or IOS, it is a multi-platform. It means that Yappadappadoo can work with Android, IOS, Windows or any other operating system.
How does it work? How will it work? The most downloaded and useful apps are usually online games and apps. Will those apps be available in this platform as well? Or it's going to be exclusively PWA offline capable?

The yappadappadoo Store is much more than "just another App Store". Then,  the entire transactionuniverse of the yappadappadoo

Store is independent, transparent and safe.  And last  yappadappadoo can try out applications spontaneously and quickly. With

Blockchain technology they can buy, use, and even transfer applications to other users. This what I read it from their

whitepaper(WP).
Yes i read it too, one thing that came to my mind is when we transfer any apps from yappadappadoo store is it free or have a charge? Because we are using blockchain so i think evey apps from yappadappadoo are recorded to blockchain.!?
Another question, whenever I install a new app in iPhone, it asks me for password, whether free or paid, will that be applicable here as well? I'm really curious on multi platform since that is one difference between android phone and iPhone.
tokeisou

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:59:24 AM

PWA user experience is just like the native applications regardless of the device type and operating system. This means that all applications in Yappadappadoo store are available whether your device is an older version. And it is available in all operating system - Android, IOS, Windows, etc. So app developers will no longer be needed to create a separate app for every different operating system.
What apps can they develop? The developers who would be interested in selling their apps in this platform would have to consider the platforms restrictions. Since it would be multi platform, it might need different codes for each?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: