Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:24:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ASR] ASTROCOIN MAX SUPPLY 140,000. COINEDUP.COM  (Read 105016 times)
kov

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 11:14:21 PM

Selling 1.xx (a little over 1) ASR for best offer. Send me a pm.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitDice.CC

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:18:23 PM

http://gyazo.com/e3f891a7dd131fcad0bf6e73e002cfbb.png

Dice with your ASTROCOINS !
%2 House Edge

Play Now

Astrodice.info
clarv

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:19:55 PM

Hello all,
this is @altcoinguides on twitter, a member of the dev team ... I saw some of the comments on this thread and it seems like some of you have legitimate concerns about Astrocoin.

For those of you who have legitimate and honest questions, here is an honest answer to you from the dev team.
First of all, concerning the premine, our goal to begin with was 1% and 1% only. We had given someone else the job of compiling and he then gave the source code to some people who he trusted that we never gave our consent to...
We pre mined the 1% and then find out that someone else was mining and at a very fast rate. We could have waited 8 hours until the normal launch (allowing this unknown miner to gather more and more coins), but instead we decided to launch early, allowing the general public to get the coins instead of this unknown pre miner. We did announce it on the astrocoin twitter page ...
I was angry when i heard that we had to do that but it was necessary. I'm sorry for those people who were on time and missed the launch.

This early launch brought up another problem. Since there weren't many miners, some of the coins were pretty much instamined at a low difficulty. Our response to that was to ask the pool owner to confiscate the 1,015 or so coins and hand it over to us. We have placed those coins in cold storage and made that wallet public so you guys can check on it and make sure that the coins are not removed. THOSE COINS WILL NOT HIT AN EXCHANGE. They will be used for promotions and projects if it is even used at all. We will account for every last mASR, you can bet on that.

Now concerning the "decrease" in coin supply from 210k to 140k, I will openly and candidly admit that it was a mistake of one of our devs. There was NO change in coin number, the supply was always 140k but our main dev made a mistake in the calculations. You can laugh or joke about it if you want. Our team takes full responsibility for the inaccuracy, but that does not make ASR a scam.
Frankly, we know we haven't been at the top of our game. This is our first coin launch and so we made some mistakes like any normal dev would.

Now you can continue calling us a scam and turn your backs on ASR but you will miss out big. Our coin is not a shitcoin or a scam coin and we already have huge deals in place and deals in the process of being put in place for the implementation of ASR in major online services.
You can continue to whine and complain but I'm assuring you that you do not want to miss out.
We arent a scam and we will continue to work past our limits to make astrocoin a success and prove the skeptics wrong.
I want to personally thank all who have placed faith in ASR and I promise that our team will do our best to make this coin a success and a benefit the community.

Regards,
altcoinguides
personally I would feel better if you publicly destroyed the extra coins, back down to 1% premine. Having a 3% premine hurts the legitimacy of this coin; a high premine screams scam coin (not calling this one a scam, thats just public perception). destroy all but 1400 coins out of the 4115, and then I could feel comfortable investing in this coin again. Until then, the devs hold too much coins.

I think you should also start a faucet or giveaway to start distributing out the coins you hold, its way to high a percentage of what is currently in the wild.

Its also unclear how many coins the party that was mining before this was released received? Was it substantial? 10? 1000? It sounds like this is a group that at least one person on your team has contact with, can you get them back?

Seems waste of money to destroy coins. Just invest something for the coin and show us the recepit or any proof of that the investment really took place.

PS. if destroying you can send them to my trash bin labeled with Astrocoin Smiley
GMESNQwuKYM79CKcedecTHfwkSYrHG6J7h
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 11:42:53 PM

For the love of God people. Give it a break.

You guys sound like kids whining that someone got more ice cream than you did.

We are all speculators here. Thats what we do. If we were investors, then we would be up to our eyeballs in BTC

Everyone one here was taking a risk on this coin and hoping to hit it big. I still  believe that can happen. But it is up to the developers and the owners of Astrocoin to start pulling our heads out of our asses and doing what we can to promote it.

I started a give away to promote it in the regular altcoin forums. It wasn't much, but at least it was something.

What have you done except bitch?

My .02

I've launched a pool for one.
Also offered but was requested not to launch a forum for the coin.
Unless your a college student, or live in your parents basement, mining is an investment. Electricity cost money. Time on this coin away from other coins costs money.

I don't see why people get upset when you ask a dev to explain himself and stick to the initial plan that I invested into?
I don't purposely invest into 3% premine coins. I do invest into 1% premine coins. This is no longer the coin I invested into.
krazyk55

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:45:16 PM

My vote would be to distribute the 1,015 amongst the forums to gain trust and interest.
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:11:05 AM

We pre mined the 1% and then find out that someone else was mining and at a very fast rate. We could have waited 8 hours until the normal launch (allowing this unknown miner to gather more and more coins), but instead we decided to launch early, allowing the general public to get the coins instead of this unknown pre miner. We did announce it on the astrocoin twitter page ...
I was angry when i heard that we had to do that but it was necessary. I'm sorry for those people who were on time and missed the launch.

This early launch brought up another problem. Since there weren't many miners, some of the coins were pretty much instamined at a low difficulty. Our response to that was to ask the pool owner to confiscate the 1,015 or so coins and hand it over to us. We have placed those coins in cold storage and made that wallet public so you guys can check on it and make sure that the coins are not removed. THOSE COINS WILL NOT HIT AN EXCHANGE. They will be used for promotions and projects if it is even used at all. We will account for every last mASR, you can bet on that.

So let's see... you saw someone was mining who shouldn't have been, abruptly launched early, then you confiscated coins from the people (like myself and others who have posted in the thread) who heard about the early launch. 

Yeah, that seems totally legit.  Roll Eyes
sameev29

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:15:00 AM

Why isnt there any voting for cryptsy and coinedup?
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:18:41 AM

Fee of http://asr.hashhunt.in has been lowered to 0% to show some love for the coin <3

Maybe, but it's impossible to withdraw anything because the system now requires clicking a new email link before changing account settings (even though I did this a couple of days ago), but never sends the email. 

AND you can't use the contact form to ask about the missing email because the security token is invalid until you click the link in the email that doesn't get sent. 
aliser

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:27:14 AM

Hello all,
this is @altcoinguides on twitter, a member of the dev team ... I saw some of the comments on this thread and it seems like some of you have legitimate concerns about Astrocoin.

For those of you who have legitimate and honest questions, here is an honest answer to you from the dev team.
First of all, concerning the premine, our goal to begin with was 1% and 1% only. We had given someone else the job of compiling and he then gave the source code to some people who he trusted that we never gave our consent to...

Now concerning the "decrease" in coin supply from 210k to 140k, I will openly and candidly admit that it was a mistake of one of our devs. There was NO change in coin number, the supply was always 140k but our main dev made a mistake in the calculations. You can laugh or joke about it if you want. Our team takes full responsibility for the inaccuracy, but that does not make ASR a scam.
Frankly, we know we haven't been at the top of our game. This is our first coin launch and so we made some mistakes like any normal dev would.

Now you can continue calling us a scam and turn your backs on ASR but you will miss out big. Our coin is not a shitcoin or a scam coin and we already have huge deals in place and deals in the process of being put in place for the implementation of ASR in major online services.
You can continue to whine and complain but I'm assuring you that you do not want to miss out.
We arent a scam and we will continue to work past our limits to make astrocoin a success and prove the skeptics wrong.
I want to personally thank all who have placed faith in ASR and I promise that our team will do our best to make this coin a success and a benefit the community.

Regards,
altcoinguides

The problem is not early release or wrong calculate of max coins for this coin, the problem is coin owner sold coins to bitcointalk user via PM before added exchange services. a lot of users buyed ASR from you for 0.01 BTC. this coin's price could be 1 BTC or high, but you sold cheaply.
tracphil

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:32:05 AM

This is no longer the coin I invested into.

That was my point. Move along.
bitclock

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:32:36 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 04:34:17 PM by bitclock

So let's see... you saw someone was mining who shouldn't have been, abruptly launched early, then you confiscated coins from the people (like myself and others who have posted in the thread) who heard about the early launch.  

Yeah, that seems totally legit.  Roll Eyes

Exactly, could have canceled and restarted the chain, but don't steal work from miners. It's the fucking wild west and if a coin is mining, I'm on it. By that same logic, getting burnt occasionally is part of it, BUT NOT FROM THE DEV! 

GOT PAID

Let's color the MOON: Y9SZ5rdJ4xNUyLrn2ThCo8myPCkgLb2KVu
Fckbankscoin

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 12:49:16 AM

Fee of http://asr.hashhunt.in has been lowered to 0% to show some love for the coin <3

Maybe, but it's impossible to withdraw anything because the system now requires clicking a new email link before changing account settings (even though I did this a couple of days ago), but never sends the email. 

AND you can't use the contact form to ask about the missing email because the security token is invalid until you click the link in the email that doesn't get sent. 

Make sure that the page is FULLY loaded, it takes some time to generate the token and send the email. Also check your spam folder for any mails.
igl00

Activity: 231

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:04:30 AM

if ASR devs never touch this confiscated coins [and we see they are in wallet forever] + use their premined coins for real giveaways [not 0,01 per person] + to bribe cryptsy.. then it might be forgivable but for now it looks really bad.

Lydian

Activity: 1638
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:06:22 AM

http://asr.hashhunt.in is dead! Huh
tmullett

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:09:16 AM

website content seems to be gone, stratum doesn't answer
coisoetal

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:22:19 AM

yeah .... its gone :X dammmed

I want my coins back1!!!

██████████
██████████
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:24:07 AM

New NORTH AMERICAN pool launched!!!!
http://astrocoin.cryptotycoons.com
Fast!!!
Never Down!
.5% fee
Enterprise hardware!
3 THs Bandwidth!!
DDOS Protection

SPECIAL: First 20 MH/s that sign up will have 0% fees for life!!!

Come mine Astrocoin with 0 Fee!!! Join now!!!

I own a string of pools, which can be seen at cryptotycoons.com.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:32:43 AM

stick to official pool - http://astrocoinpool.com then u wont have any problems or big fees.

yolo
krazyk55

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:37:59 AM

I would suggest distributing the 1015 ASR around the forums, a good way to build back up trust and gain interest.
Fckbankscoin

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:27:06 AM

website content seems to be gone, stratum doesn't answer

Had to reinstall EVERYTHING as apache ruined my whole setup.
Emails are working great now. Sorry for downtime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: